PDA

View Full Version : Clubs for my BIL (and maybe me)

LarryLong
9th May 2017, 11:48 AM
I got a call from my BIL yesterday asking about hooking him up with some sticks. He's a lefty unfortunately. He hits a decent enough ball, would easily play off something in the teens even though he hasn't played for years and never practices. I sent him up a Nickent Evolver driver a few years back and he loves that, so it's just irons/wedges/putter for him. He's not a serious golfer, so budget gear that will get the job done is the goal.

I'm actually thinking a set of Adams A12OS irons from rockbottom for $175US plus postage is going to be pretty hard to beat - https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/lefties/iron-sets/adams-golf-lh-idea-a12-os-hybrid-irons-graph-steel-left-handed/ - I almost bought a set a couple of years ago, but couldn't tear myself away from my trusty Nickents. Would anybody try to talk me out of that? Are the Adams stock stiff shafts super stiff? I'm assuming that the stock stiff shafts on a set of shovels like that will be on the flexy side of stiff because most guys who buy them won't be looking for super stiff shafts, but I could be wrong.

If I go that way I'll probably grab whatever wedges he likes the look of, but I might be looking for a putter if anybody has a decent lefty putter going for less than $50.

While I'm buying from there, I'm sorely tempted to grab a set of Element 21 hybrid irons with the whacky scandium shafts in them for $90 and leave them up at his place for me to use a couple of times a year. Did anybody ever try those out when they came out?

thecollective
9th May 2017, 12:02 PM
LarryLong:

I have lots of left handed putters for sale!

In the $50 category I can part with:

- Yes! Caroline centre shaft (tiny bump on the head but no where near contact zone)
- Bobby Grace Megiddo

If he can stretch the budget I have a few other putters worth the coin:
- PING Ketsch Heavy (current model): $150
- PING Adjustable shaft Karsten (Anser shape): $120 - will include adjustment tool

I also have a set of old Mizuno T-5 wedges (52/56/60) in worn but reasonable condition, will do all 3 for $50

Let me know if any of the above is of interest

LarryLong
9th May 2017, 06:20 PM
Cheers thecollective! I'll pass that on and get back to you. I'm not sure what sort of putter he likes, but there are some good options there. I'll also see about the wedges if he doesn't mind a bit of wear.