PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Project X Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted shaft (maybe Red too)

sfdoddsy
4th May 2017, 06:25 PM
I currently have all three of the Hzrdus shafts. I had the Epic T800 Hzrdus too but it doesn't count.

And after a couple of shoot-outs, the Yellow is working least well. It has higher launch and lower spin than the others, but I just don't feel as comfortable with it.

It is the proper hand-crafted version in the very visible all yellow. Flex is 5.5. This is supposed to be regular, but for me anyway it plays like a stiff in most other shafts.

It is in mint condition, and has a Cobra tip.

Length is 45 inches installed in my LTD.

It cost me $250. I'd like to get something close to that but am negotiable.

Pick up in Surry Hills or I will post.

I may also have the Red coming up for sale. 6.0 flex, non-handcrafted.

sfdoddsy
11th May 2017, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately, I left the Hzrdus in the boot of my car and my darling wife didn't notice the bright yellow shaft and proceeded to throw a bunch of gardening crap into it.

As a result, the mint shaft now has a couple of scrapes.

Nothing to affect performance, but aesthetics are not what they were. I'll post pics when I get the chance.

As a result, of course, my asking price will reflect this.

If you want a cheap handcrafted Hzrdus, let me know.

davepuppies
12th May 2017, 04:36 PM
Hi mate, out of curiosity what is the difference in this shaft and the handcrafted black that KJ was selling for $100?

I am a project X novice in driver shafts, and wondered if it was a rare exotic, or same level?

benno_r
12th May 2017, 06:29 PM
Hi mate, out of curiosity what is the difference in this shaft and the handcrafted black that KJ was selling for $100?

I am a project X novice in driver shafts, and wondered if it was a rare exotic, or same level?
The shaft KJ had/has is a LZ (loading zone), which by design is super tip and butt stiff, with a soft mid hinge (the loading zone). I don't think many other shafts have a profile like this, as such it never really gained any traction. I have one and it's very "unusual".

The Hazrdus is your more typical profiled shaft. Black is low launch and spin, yellow a bit higher.

Both are handrolled in limited quanitities. LZ wasn't popular on tour, Hzrdus is.

sfdoddsy
13th May 2017, 07:25 PM
The Yellow also has the softer middle like the LZ.

sfdoddsy
19th May 2017, 08:40 PM
And here is proof the Yellow has a softer middle.

oldracer
21st May 2017, 09:22 AM
F@rk...ouch