PDA

View Full Version : Tathata Golf

Jazz18
3rd May 2017, 05:47 PM
Been looking into this a little. Sounds like an interesting program. Has anyone tried this or got any experience or knowledge about it? Cheers.

wazamac
4th May 2017, 07:06 AM
Seems logical and the bit about changing your mindset is interesting too me. I think the thing between my ears is the reason I can't go to the next level and get into the mid single figures.
Tried looking up the website last night but kept coming up with an error. Any idea on the cost?

Jazz18
4th May 2017, 11:22 AM
No, no idea on the cost although I did read on GolfWRX I think that someone paid $180US for it back in 2015. I agree about the mindset side of things. I have 2 main problems with my game. My head and my head. It sounds to me like the only program that addresses the mental side of things as well as the technique.

Gammon
26th May 2017, 02:54 AM
I logged on to the website, created an account (they then thought I was already a subscriber) and shipped the 30 disk set to a mate who was in the states for $90 US (the physical disks are only supposed to be available for existing members to purchase). The guy is creepy but coming from a martial arts background some of the concepts make more sense to me than trying to hit ceetain positions. I'm fast forwarding through some of the mental stuff (too childish, I just giggle). I'm more interested in the movements that let you feel what a proper golf swing is supposed to feel like. I started golf late and even though I have crept into low handicap of my regular group I still have the worst swing.
I ordered it on my return from one of the local breweries, probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise but its here now and paid for so may as well have a go.

Jazz18
26th May 2017, 10:44 AM
I logged on to the website, created an account (they then thought I was already a subscriber) and shipped the 30 disk set to a mate who was in the states for $90 US (the physical disks are only supposed to be available for existing members to purchase). The guy is creepy but coming from a martial arts background some of the concepts make more sense to me than trying to hit ceetain positions. I'm fast forwarding through some of the mental stuff (too childish, I just giggle). I'm more interested in the movements that let you feel what a proper golf swing is supposed to feel like. I started golf late and even though I have crept into low handicap of my regular group I still have the worst swing.
I ordered it on my return from one of the local breweries, probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise but its here now and paid for so may as well have a go.

Really interested to hear what you think mate, once you've gone through a bit of their programme.

rodders
2nd June 2017, 12:51 PM
Jazz, I looked at this as well late last year. An injury means no golf for me for a while so didn't bother.

There are however about a billion pages on info on Golfwrx - a lot I read. Good perspective from likers and haters. Would be worth you looking there.

Gammon
2nd June 2017, 05:07 PM
I'm struggling with Brians new age speech. Every time he says "Get a sense / whisper of ..." I've wanted to slap him but it's a bit like someone who swears evey sentence, after a while you stop hearing it.

So far I'm really liking the stretching and swing drills, really good if you do before playing. The mental training.... well don't listen to it with anyone else present as you will be mocked, I get the idea but his scenarios "Imagine your a child running toward an ice cream truck..." I just completely lose interest and am doing other things while its in the background.

I can already tell it was worthwhile starting the program but I really wish it was presented in a more down to earth way. It would be an awesome program if you couldn't play golf over the winter or had a period where you couldn't make it to the course. I'll report back later.

Jazz18
2nd June 2017, 10:28 PM
Jazz, I looked at this as well late last year. An injury means no golf for me for a while so didn't bother.

There are however about a billion pages on info on Golfwrx - a lot I read. Good perspective from likers and haters. Would be worth you looking there.

I did have a look at some of the pages and pages of stuff on it there. Lots of opinions. Will revisit there soon. Cheers.

I'm struggling with Brians new age speech. Every time he says "Get a sense / whisper of ..." I've wanted to slap him but it's a bit like someone who swears evey sentence, after a while you stop hearing it.

So far I'm really liking the stretching and swing drills, really good if you do before playing. The mental training.... well don't listen to it with anyone else present as you will be mocked, I get the idea but his scenarios "Imagine your a child running toward an ice cream truck..." I just completely lose interest and am doing other things while its in the background.

I can already tell it was worthwhile starting the program but I really wish it was presented in a more down to earth way. It would be an awesome program if you couldn't play golf over the winter or had a period where you couldn't make it to the course. I'll report back later.

Thanks mate. I'll keep track with interest.

grandmasterb
5th June 2017, 09:01 AM
I had a look at the site last night after seeing the ad on Youtube and was keen to hear from someone that has actually done the program rather than the "paid feedback" on the site.

Interested to see what you think after getting further along Gammon as I was looking at the 60 day program they're currently offering for $180.00 (dvd's are extra apparently)

grandmasterb
2nd October 2017, 09:47 AM

How goes the Tathata training Gammon, still worth the money in your opinion?

Gammon
22nd October 2017, 09:04 AM
Hey guys. My golf has improved with the system. I skipped all the visualisation and positive affirmation stuff as I'm just too cynical (plus my wife mocked me mercilessly). Most people on Ozgolf like to tinker and this system would be a waste of money for them. The swing thoughts and movements plus the streching exercises have just simplified everything for me. Much of the instruction ties in with what golf pros have told me.

My version of practise is a social round of golf. Years of combat sports have made me shy away from driving range mats, my elbows aren't the best. I've found when things go awry on course I no longer move from tip to tip but rather return to the foundations.

If you are taking lessons and have regular practise I wouldn't bother. If you don't practise much it's great. I've stopped watching youtube tips etc and just stick with it.

Honestly it's a bit like when I shelled out for clubs at Pureform four years ago. I got them measured up for me and I stopped watching all the new gear videos. I think the confidence of having the right clubs rather than continually swapping out gear just removes another variable. For me this system is much better value than buying a new club.... but probably less fun ;)

Jazz18
23rd October 2017, 12:24 AM
Hey guys. My golf has improved with the system. I skipped all the visualisation and positive affirmation stuff as I'm just too cynical (plus my wife mocked me mercilessly). Most people on Ozgolf like to tinker and this system would be a waste of money for them. The swing thoughts and movements plus the streching exercises have just simplified everything for me. Much of the instruction ties in with what golf pros have told me.

My version of practise is a social round of golf. Years of combat sports have made me shy away from driving range mats, my elbows aren't the best. I've found when things go awry on course I no longer move from tip to tip but rather return to the foundations.

If you are taking lessons and have regular practise I wouldn't bother. If you don't practise much it's great. I've stopped watching youtube tips etc and just stick with it.

Honestly it's a bit like when I shelled out for clubs at Pureform four years ago. I got them measured up for me and I stopped watching all the new gear videos. I think the confidence of having the right clubs rather than continually swapping out gear just removes another variable. For me this system is much better value than buying a new club.... but probably less fun ;)

If it doesn't encourage hoing, I'm out! ��