PDA

View Full Version : Andy Pharro- golf in the city

Willstar
3rd May 2017, 08:52 AM
Has anyone used Andy Pharro- in the city for lessons? Seems like a nice guy and I booked in for my intro lesson next week

3oneday
3rd May 2017, 09:32 AM
Yep, not a fan, had 4 or 5 lessons and was quite disappointed

FuzzyJuzzy
3rd May 2017, 10:53 AM
I used to frequent Golf In The City a fair bit when it first opened as I used to work around the corner. Mostly went there for Friday arvo beers and a shootout on the course simulator.
Spoke with Andy, as well as the other guy there, a fair bit. Seemed like nice enough blokes, but never took lessons with them. The facilities there are good, but from what I understand the business has been struggling for a while. Andy used to coach at Knightsbridge Golf School in London, which apparently is the bees knees. Surprised that 3OD wasn't happy with the lessons there...

3oneday
3rd May 2017, 11:07 AM
He told me all about how wonderful his video equipment was, lead me to believe I would have more than a cursory glance at it. That was disappointing.

Didn't want to work with anything I had, only wanted to have me playing his way, indicated I should stay away from the golf course for a few months to work on it?

Captain Nemo
3rd May 2017, 11:22 AM
He told me all about how wonderful his video equipment was, lead me to believe I would have more than a cursory glance at it. That was disappointing.Didn't want to work with anything I had, only wanted to have me playing his way, indicated I should stay away from the golf course for a few months to work on it?😱

Willstar
3rd May 2017, 03:44 PM
Wow, ok will post how I get on with my lesson then!

Willstar
12th May 2017, 07:37 AM
Had my lesson last night. Really helpful and have a pretty big flaw to work on. Looking forward to my next group of 5 lessons.

PerryGroves
12th May 2017, 09:43 AM
Not sure I would use AndyP for any lessons.