PDA

View Full Version : Best Buggy

golf2013
26th April 2017, 09:47 PM
Havent played seriously for a few years and sold my clicgear when I stopped. Looking buy a new buggy as I get back into it are clicgears still the way to go or are the other brands just as good?

JoeS
26th April 2017, 10:50 PM
Clicgear gets my vote

Johnny Canuck
26th April 2017, 11:52 PM
I hear Forte is coming out with a new buggy that's better than anything out at the moment.

Can't go wrong with clicgears.

goughy
27th April 2017, 05:46 AM
I went a clikgear, and after 10+ years of carrying was shocked how much easier it was.

Dotty
27th April 2017, 07:08 AM
Bag Boy Compact C3.

Fits a standbag better and simpler to use.

Also don't need to buy multiple accessories off the Clicgear add-on list.

D22marshall
27th April 2017, 07:15 AM
Clicgear m8 best I have ever used

icandy
27th April 2017, 07:28 AM
Very happy with clicgear too. Only problem I had was replacing the brake and getting parts was easy.

okitoki
28th April 2017, 01:52 PM
just picked up a BB C3 as I was comparing it with the Clicgear 3.5; found the 3.5 was pretty heavy compare to the C3... but have to admit the 3.5 looks pretty cool and solid.

the C3 also came with a free seat which seems pretty handy.

YonexMan
30th April 2017, 09:07 AM
I have a clicgear and so does my son. Very heavy duty, over engineered, but work well. Don't like the fact that you spend a ton of money on it and then really need to buy more accessories for it, like seat, adjustable umbrella holder, wheel covers, bag to hold things that don't fit in the little fishnet pocket that comes standard. Also I find it difficult to fold and unfold, like a darn transformer robot.

I bought my wife a sun mountain 4 wheel push buggy. Got it cheap. I find it much better than the clicgear. It is much easier to unfold and fold being a Z style folding action. It has a large bag that comes standard and fits my lunch and drinks in it as well as other bits and pieces. The top accessories holder is large enough to hold my phone and wallet etc as well as golf balls and tees and a magnetic scorecard holder is there as well. Very stable and easy and light weight to push and a good and easy to use brake system.

I think it depends on what you want and how much you want to spend...

A while back Drummond sold a buggy called the Blade. That would have been my choice as it folded nearly dead flat as the frame was a Z action folding system and after the frame folded flat, the wheels could then be folded underneath the frame so that they sat flat under the frame - due to a clip design in the axle. But the price was just horrendous. But I haven't seen that buggy for sale for a while now, so maybe Drummond couldn't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile importing them.

PeteyD
1st May 2017, 06:12 AM
Not a fan of the ClicGear cult. Had a couple and think others are better and cheaper. Currently use a Flip n Go, and have for a while. GCO used to sell these but have replaced them with the 3 wheel Axglo one from the look of it. Also have a Rovic (now a clic gear variant) which is a great buggy except the top box is too small for my liking. I am interested in getting one with a swivel front wheel though.

grandmasterb
1st May 2017, 09:53 AM
I'm still using a Smoothy & prefer it over any Clicgear I've ever tried personally. Just as easy to push but a much better set up with the seat & I have a carry basket underneath for my cooler bag etc

benno_r
1st May 2017, 10:53 AM
I keep coming back to the clicgear as it is the only cart I have tried so far that gives me options to raise the handle right up, and have clearance in the storage net. I use it with the tour bag kit and it's great.

I also have a flip and go which is decent as well, and has a very good system for mounting stand bags.

backintheswing
1st May 2017, 01:16 PM
I keep coming back to the clicgear as it is the only cart I have tried so far that gives me options to raise the handle right up, and have clearance in the storage net. I use it with the tour bag kit and it's great.

I also have a flip and go which is decent as well, and has a very good system for mounting stand bags.

You know the clicgear is to buggies, what Scotty Cameron is to putters

benno_r
1st May 2017, 01:53 PM
You know the clicgear is to buggies, what Scotty Cameron is to putters
Refresh my memory on who on tour gets paid to use a clicgear?

Also remind the last time clicgear added 5bux worth of engravings and jacked the price 10fold?

YonexMan
1st May 2017, 02:28 PM
Agreed. Clicgear are over priced and over engineered for what they need to do. But it is the price that gets me - especially when you wind up having to a lot extra for the accessories as well.

I don't mind the swivel front wheels, but have found that they need to be large enough to not get caught in ruts or corrugations in the ground when you push them along. Had a smoothy 3 wheel once and it was OK, but the front wheel was way too small and was too easily caught and grabbed by any uneven ground which would continually see the buggy fall over. Need something larger in diameter and wider as well to just roll over the top. I've also found that any buggy that has any sort of suspension system in it - just makes the buggy harder to push as part of your effort pushing gets soaked up by the suspension.

Anthony
1st May 2017, 04:41 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Caddytek EZ Fold? I'm looking for a new buggy and came across their website, they're out of stock but apparently they should have more soon. At $225 posted they're a fair bit cheaper than the Clicgear 3.5 and come with a few more accessories as standard.

3Puttpete
1st May 2017, 05:10 PM
I can't wait for the clicgear with the front swivel

goughy
2nd May 2017, 06:04 AM
I've only played 2 games with my clikgear, and they were 4 months apart. I nearly had to carry my buggy down to the proshop and ask them to open it for me.....

wazamac
2nd May 2017, 07:58 AM
I don't have a Clicgear but I like them.
I like them because it makes me laugh watching all of the people in the carpark trying to unpack and pack them away.

BayBum
2nd May 2017, 08:33 AM
Flip n Go is the best bang for buck.

Clic gear releases are like TM drivers.

mrbluu
2nd May 2017, 08:59 AM
You guys struggling with your clicgear need to check the videos.

https://youtu.be/NAbuYe0-0-0

3Puttpete
2nd May 2017, 10:04 AM
I like them because it makes me laugh watching all of the people in the carpark trying to unpack and pack them away.
Idiots will struggle with everything. It takes 5 seconds

goughy
2nd May 2017, 01:08 PM
Some of us are just a struggle....

Lagerlover
2nd May 2017, 01:48 PM
Idiots will struggle with everything. It takes 5 seconds 6

thecollective
2nd May 2017, 02:02 PM

5 minutes for me, that was until Hatch showed me the flat third wheel anchor method, now its 10 seconds

mrbluu
24th May 2017, 06:39 PM
Anyone having problem with the brakes in the Clicgear M8? Seems to be really tight to use (no homo)

Daves
24th May 2017, 07:06 PM
Anyone having problem with the brakes in the Clicgear M8? Seems to be really tight to use (no homo)

Not a problem as such, but yes the brake cam is harder than usual to pull/push on.

mrbluu
24th May 2017, 07:14 PM
Not a problem as such, but yes the brake cam is harder than usual to pull/push on.
Cool. Thanks Dave.

dazza99
24th May 2017, 07:21 PM
Same here.So tight to engage that I keep thinking it's going to snap. But no problems so far.

Love my M8.

Anthony
24th May 2017, 11:40 PM
I got the Caddytek EZ Fold a couple of weeks ago so I'll give a small review incase anyone is interested. It's fairly well built, not as overkill as the Clicgear but more than well enough to do it's job. The storage compartment on the handle is the most obvious difference. The one on the Clicgear is much nicer and rain resistance according to my friend. The one on the Caddytek would have no chance of staying dry in the rain. The Caddytek is easier to unfold and fold than the Clicgear. To unfold you just lift it up by the handle and bottom bag holder and gravity does the rest then you just spin the front wheel around 180 degrees. To fold you just spin the front wheel back then press a button whilst lifting the handle and it fall back down.

In terms of usability it's very good, it has a wide wheelbase and large wheels which make it very easy to push. Mine did track to the left a bit but that was easy to adjust, just a matter of making some adjustments to some screws which trim the wheels. It doesn't have any issues getting over rough terrain which is great for me because I don't spend much time on the fairway. It comes with a little cooler bag which is handy. It's not very big, just enough to hold 4 cans or 3 bottles. The bag also has a little open pocket on top which is the right size for putting a jacket in.

The biggest difference between it and the Clicgear 3.5 is the price. I'm definitely happy I didn't spend the extra $100 for the Clicgear.

jabba101
4th June 2017, 07:50 PM
I got the Caddytek EZ Fold a couple of weeks ago so I'll give a small review incase anyone is interested. It's fairly well built, not as overkill as the Clicgear but more than well enough to do it's job. The storage compartment on the handle is the most obvious difference. The one on the Clicgear is much nicer and rain resistance according to my friend. The one on the Caddytek would have no chance of staying dry in the rain. The Caddytek is easier to unfold and fold than the Clicgear. To unfold you just lift it up by the handle and bottom bag holder and gravity does the rest then you just spin the front wheel around 180 degrees. To fold you just spin the front wheel back then press a button whilst lifting the handle and it fall back down.

In terms of usability it's very good, it has a wide wheelbase and large wheels which make it very easy to push. Mine did track to the left a bit but that was easy to adjust, just a matter of making some adjustments to some screws which trim the wheels. It doesn't have any issues getting over rough terrain which is great for me because I don't spend much time on the fairway. It comes with a little cooler bag which is handy. It's not very big, just enough to hold 4 cans or 3 bottles. The bag also has a little open pocket on top which is the right size for putting a jacket in.

The biggest difference between it and the Clicgear 3.5 is the price. I'm definitely happy I didn't spend the extra $100 for the Clicgear.

I'm looking at one of these aswell! Did you buy off there website?

nadg63
4th June 2017, 08:07 PM

What is so hard about it? Have no issues with mine!

Anthony
4th June 2017, 11:42 PM
I'm looking at one of these aswell! Did you buy off there website?

Yeah, caddytek.com.au.

jabba101
5th June 2017, 05:22 AM
Yeah, caddytek.com.au.

Cheers

HolyDriver
5th June 2017, 05:53 AM
Fairway cruisers great buggies and a good price . www.fairwaycruizers.com.au/

3Puttpete
5th June 2017, 07:05 AM
And they come with free spam

goughy
5th June 2017, 07:10 AM
What is so hard about it? Have no issues with mine!
#embarrassed...... my last game was only my second with my CG and had been months since my only one - I couldn't remember which levers to use to open it and was thinking I was going to end up in the proshop asking them to open it for me................ When I got it I thought 'this is really easy'.......... hmmmmmm #doofus

Lagerlover
5th June 2017, 08:00 AM
And they come with free spam The big tins or the small ones?

Daves
3rd March 2018, 08:55 AM
I see that Clicgear has moved the Clicgear/Rovic distributorship from Under Par to Walkinshaw.

mrbluu
3rd March 2018, 09:30 AM
I see that Clicgear has moved the Clicgear/Rovic distributorship from Under Par to Walkinshaw.Go Timah!!!!!

Captain Nemo
3rd March 2018, 09:45 AM
Zip Navigator, you’ll never want another buggy!

Danieljc
3rd March 2018, 12:24 PM
x2 Zip Navigator best thing I have brought for golf so far.

fredstar
3rd March 2018, 01:46 PM
Big Max Quattro. Very happy with it.

benno_r
3rd March 2018, 01:53 PM
Big Max Quattro. Very happy with it.Seen 2 of these in use on the course.

Never seen a buggy that wanted to spend as much time upside down as this one.

mrbluu
3rd March 2018, 01:56 PM
Seen 2 of these in use on the course.

Never seen a buggy that wanted to spend as much time upside down as this one.Maybe that's what makes the fredstar happy [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Dotty
3rd March 2018, 02:18 PM
Zip Navigator, you’ll never want another buggy!
You beaut. Another competitor for the Over 55 trophy at the Vic Champs.

fredstar
3rd March 2018, 04:13 PM
Seen 2 of these in use on the course.

Never seen a buggy that wanted to spend as much time upside down as this one.

Haha. Been using mine at least twice a week for 6 months on 2 hilly courses and never tipped over once. Could possibly be the geniuses using them.

Daves
4th March 2018, 12:05 PM
My Model 8 is shedding;

mrbluu
5th March 2018, 09:17 AM
My Model 8 is shedding;

47567U cornering too hard again???[emoji16]

Daves
5th March 2018, 11:45 AM
U cornering too hard again???[emoji16]

Extreme Negative Camber encourages it!

PeteyD
5th March 2018, 11:48 AM
Going drifting on saturday nights ...

Steve57
5th March 2018, 01:23 PM
Going drifting on saturday nights ...

No that is getting around that stupid bend on the 14th!

Lagerlover
5th March 2018, 07:53 PM
Shanks??

PeteyD
6th March 2018, 08:34 AM
Shanks?? fr th mmrs

Daves
7th April 2018, 09:02 AM
I see that Clicgear has moved the Clicgear/Rovic distributorship from Under Par to Walkinshaw.

And now GCO has purchased Under Par i.e. Eagles and Birdies and Smoothy. Game on (pricing), hopefully.

Ferrins
7th April 2018, 09:06 AM
Hey Dave which buggy best handles getting run over by a cart?

Daves
7th April 2018, 09:13 AM
Hey Dave which buggy best handles getting run over by a cart?

I have only had it happen to Smoothy's, so far. The suspension seems to bare the brunt of it. I think that a ClicGear would crumple and break, but I am in no hurry to find out!

Ferrins
7th April 2018, 09:15 AM
Frustrating waitng for walkers to get the f... out of the way!

Eag's
18th April 2018, 09:09 PM
My old smoothy has finally packed it in, any recommendations gents?

PeteyD
19th April 2018, 04:37 AM
https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/flip-n-go-4-wheel-buggy-black.html

W (https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/flip-n-go-4-wheel-buggy-black.html)hile on special. If you keen on the clic gear kool aid they are on special too.

Eag's
19th April 2018, 07:58 AM
Cheers Pete. That looks tops and at a good price :)

Iain
19th April 2018, 10:55 AM
https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/flip-n-go-4-wheel-buggy-black.htmlW (https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/flip-n-go-4-wheel-buggy-black.html)hile on special. If you keen on the clic gear kool aid they are on special too.I’ve got that one Eag’s. Good buggy. Easy to fold up and easy to push.

wizard_of_oz
19th April 2018, 12:53 PM
I’ve got that one Eag’s. Good buggy. Easy to fold up and easy to push.I've got the previous generation one. My complaint is that the brake isn't very strong and the buggy tips over easily in heavy wind.

Daves
3rd May 2018, 12:43 PM
My Model 8 has broken a Cantilever Tube.

Will head to Bunnings later to source some 19mm tube.

PeteyD
3rd May 2018, 12:46 PM
Not like it got much use .... :D

Got the new version 4 of the flip n go. I like it a lot. More solid than the earlier ones, different umbrella holder. Higher handle which I really like.

benno_r
3rd May 2018, 04:34 PM
Not like it got much use .... :D

Got the new version 4 of the flip n go. I like it a lot. More solid than the earlier ones, different umbrella holder. Higher handle which I really like.Any idea how recent the version 4 has been out?

PeteyD
3rd May 2018, 05:42 PM
No but I suspect it is fairly new as they were not selling them for a bit. If you have the old axglo umbrella holder with the small screw thread it is not a 4.

Daves
3rd May 2018, 09:39 PM
My Model 8 has broken a Cantilever Tube.

Will head to Bunnings later to source some 19mm tube.

A piece of Gal Steel tube now installed.

Interestingly, the big negative camber it had before seems to have gone!. I suspect the tube was faulty from new.

grandmasterb
4th May 2018, 10:01 AM
I just got a Clicgear 3.5+ and can't believe how much easier it is to push compared to my old Smoothy. I also can't believe how bloody expensive all the accessories are for them either.... WOW

tonio1984
4th May 2018, 10:57 AM
I've also recently bought the Clicgear 3.5+ - Amazing difference from pulling my old buggy. A purchase that will hopefully last a long time!

Daves
7th August 2018, 12:07 PM
The other Tie Rod on my Model 8 let go yesterday;

Now replaced with Gal Tube like the other one.

grandmasterb
7th August 2018, 01:23 PM
And now GCO has purchased Under Par i.e. Eagles and Birdies and Smoothy. Game on (pricing), hopefully.

Didn't they just purchase all their old stock, didn't actually become the official agent for them?

benno_r
7th August 2018, 01:45 PM
Didn't they just purchase all their old stock, didn't actually become the official agent for them?

They bought the whole company is what I took from it. Can't find the original email to confirm though.