PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 19th June

Flowergirl
22nd June 2006, 08:18 AM
Wow - Thursday and no one has reported their game.

Last round of Club Champs yesterday and boy did I have a weird game.
Front 9 I had 5 pars- sounds great doesn't it? But the other four holes were double, double, triple, quad.:shock:
Back nine wasn't much better with me spitting the dummy on the 12th green and having six putts ( being stupid and childsh) just to show how pathetic I am.:evil: .
My short game was the main problem.........just adding up - I had six extra shots in bunkers........and 3 chips that I only moved the ball a few inches. Oh yea - and 2 unplayable lies. So if I add up those shots - 15 of them - take them off my score of gulp 102 gulp.......I had a 87.

Ok ....so by writing this all down I've now figured out how even though I drove well, fairway woods and iron shots and even my putting was very good - I still shot an embrassing score.

Gee - guess what I need to work on. !!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

Sorry about the rave but actually I feel a lot better. :mrgreen:

Coffs_Hacker
22nd June 2006, 11:35 AM
38 pts today

1wipe 3 1's 16front 22 back

9/14 fairways
10 Gir
37putts 1bird

BrisVegas
22nd June 2006, 12:44 PM
nice shooting Craig!!! Can't believe you post these kind of scores with 37 putts.... What's replacing the Mezza Monza??

Grunt
22nd June 2006, 02:18 PM
Played Beverley Park this morning,

32 points

3 GIR

30 putts (no 3 putts, 6X 1 putts :P)

2 wipes 4 1 pointers

Was a really tough day playing through passing showers, I really faded after having 19 points on the front nine. I know there is at least 3 or 4 shots off my handicap any day soon.

Coffs_Hacker
23rd June 2006, 12:26 AM
I know one thing bris I can't wait to learn how to putt :D

Ping Anser Karsten Phoenix on the way. Oldie but hopefully a goodie

BrisVegas
23rd June 2006, 01:30 PM
Played St Lucia this morning with some work colleagues, paid for by one of our service providers.... nice...

77 gross, 70 nett. (par 71)
9 fairways
9 GIR
32 putts

3 birds, left a few out there as I couldn't get the pace right on the greens. They were very shaggy. Course was pretty soggy, lots of casual water and plugged balls.

Grunt
23rd June 2006, 01:31 PM
Well I knew it was coming but I did not know when. I have finally had a round where I did not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Played at Macarthur Grange this morning in the Bridgestone Battle, 39 points.

Stats
7/13 fairways
2 GIR
28 putts
1 bunker shot holed ala Geoff Ogilvy

The big thing is that the score could have been even more 3 one pointers that could have easily been 2's and a couple of 2's could have been 3's. My putting was on fire, my 2nd putts were on average about 3 inches. Had so many lip out it was not funny, but it is great because it shows that I am back in form that may even see me shoot real low numbers.

Driving was pretty good, iron play could have been better but I was getting up and down most holes as well. I played with 4 wedges in the bag once more.

Going to have a dig again tomorrow in the monthly medal.

Jarro
23rd June 2006, 05:44 PM
nice shooting Grant 8)

Grunt
23rd June 2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks Jarro, it was really weird though. I shot 39 points when I was not hitting my irons that well. Short game was on fire, the ploy to have 4 wedges in the bag was a godsend. Comments were made by guys in my group like, "if you start to get the bad shots out of your game you could be a real good 10 marker", "guys like you are real burglars" & "how can you play off that handicap getting birdies". I am that close to making the next big step in the handicap drop.

AndyP
23rd June 2006, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't listen to 'those' guys. They only remember your good shots. Just keep doing what you are doing with the short game.

BrisWesty
24th June 2006, 01:17 PM
37 stableford points today at Caboolture. 10 fairways, 6 GIR, 31 putts. Birdied the first; had 16 points after 6 holes, so slowed after a rapid start.

One of my mates had a hole in one on the 18th.

Word of warning: Renovations are occurring on 16th & 17th hole at Caboolture, so I won't look at organising anything at Caboolture for a while.
16th - Enlarging the dams along the right side of the 16th (not the dam at the corner of the dogleg, but extending the other by about 30-40m going away from the tee) also filling some of the dips and hollows in the 16th fairway. These works didn't matter for me today; I played this hole well.
17th - Filling in the first dogleg on the left, so balls that miss the left bunkers to the left don't automatically funnel down towards the dam. These works didn't matter for me today, I hit two balls into the dam on the right instead.
They've also put in concrete cart paths near the tee boxes on 1 and 5

Grunt
24th June 2006, 03:30 PM
Played Monthly Medal @ Macarthur Grange, had a very up and down day for a nett 76 gross 96. I did not get off the tee real well all day but scrambled well. Not as good as yesterday but being a medal day it was a hell of a lot harder to get back the shots I lost. Hit a lot more bunkers today so the missed greens were really hurting landing in soggy sand. Most bunkers had water in most parts so droppping in the bunker after finding them was a real lottery.

Stats for the day.
6/12 Fairways
5 GIR's
4 Bunkers
0 Sand saves
31 putts

One day I will not play around the greens and play on them:)

Grunt
24th June 2006, 04:13 PM
Well I knew it was coming but I did not know when. I have finally had a round where I did not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Played at Macarthur Grange this morning in the Bridgestone Battle, 39 points.

Stats
7/13 fairways
2 GIR
28 putts
1 bunker shot holed ala Geoff Ogilvy

The big thing is that the score could have been even more 3 one pointers that could have easily been 2's and a couple of 2's could have been 3's. My putting was on fire, my 2nd putts were on average about 3 inches. Had so many lip out it was not funny, but it is great because it shows that I am back in form that may even see me shoot real low numbers.

Driving was pretty good, iron play could have been better but I was getting up and down most holes as well. I played with 4 wedges in the bag once more.

Going to have a dig again tomorrow in the monthly medal.

I forgot to add I WON!!!! Lost .8 off the handicap, back down to 20.4 :)

Courty
24th June 2006, 04:43 PM
3rd round of the Club Champs today. What a disaster. My swing was all over the place. I couldn't hit a fairway, couldn't hit a green, couldn't chip close, couldn't make putts. 85/79. :oops:

McMw
24th June 2006, 06:51 PM
social round today - 77 (+7) for the day...
at the end of it - ain't too bad considering I haven't touched my clubs since last sunday... :(

having a look at the stats...
played 14 holes with 13pars and 1birdie...
let's not talk about the other 4!!! :lol:

oz
25th June 2006, 09:18 AM
34 points yesterday. 14 going out, 20 back. Took ages to find a rhythm, and racked up a double (OB) & a triple (water) early on. 32 putts was too many, too.

McMw
25th June 2006, 07:14 PM
5bogeys in my 75 this arvo...
the worst part was a missed 2-footer birdie on the 4th, after a fairway bunker shot from 100yards out...OUCH!!! :cry:

Speirsy11
25th June 2006, 08:17 PM
Pennant Finals today, won 2 up. Didn't hit it great, but the short game was on....Only hit 2 greens on the front but was only +1, had a few hiccups in the middle of each nine, otherwise pretty good all in all....Team ended up winning too, so all in all a good day and season.

Speirsy

jimandr
25th June 2006, 09:47 PM
I was tempted not to post this round, but unlike some others who appear in this thread when they have a good round to report, it may be good therapy to describe the shockers as well as the good ones.

A horrible 27 points yesterday. This was the nightmare round where everything was bad, and nothing was good. Hit a few great shots, but they were flukes among the pull-hooks and push-slices.

Fairways = 7 of 14
Greens in Reg = 5 of 18
Putts = 33, 2 three putts, 1 birdie (from 2 feet)
Up & Down = 3 of 8
Sand Saves = 1 of 4
4 penalty shots.

The more interesting thing is that one of my playing partners had a radio controlled buggy. I think it was called a Navigator. It worked exactly the same as a remote controlled toy car. He had a little remote, and pushed buttons to make it go forward, left, right, and stop. Amazing.

Courty
26th June 2006, 07:23 AM
3rd round of the Club Champs today. What a disaster. My swing was all over the place. I couldn't hit a fairway, couldn't hit a green, couldn't chip close, couldn't make putts. 85/79. :oops:

4th round seemed like a slow motion replay. I had 87/81 as my swing just fell apart at the seams. I thought I had it sorted midway through the round when I played 5 holes in -1 (and won an NTP) but then it self-destructed again. :evil:

Flowergirl
26th June 2006, 02:45 PM
Courty - I feel your pain. ( see my previous two game reports) Frickin Club Champs Bah!!!!

And Jimandra - just to prove that I post all games- good and bad - played today for a crappy 28 points - gotcha by one:shock: Wee at least it's good to know that it's not only the club champs that make me play crappy golf:evil:

dc68
27th June 2006, 10:03 AM
Well my holidays went well,finally back to some form. Shot 73 on 19/6, 40 points and 74 on 21/6 with a 3 putt bogey on the last from 8 feet :oops: ,charged the birdie putt 3 feet past to shoot a par round and missed it coming back,DOH. 2nd round of club champs 23/6 started with a bogey and then had three birds in a row and stuffed it from there to shoot 77 and with bogey,bogey,bogey finish, ended up making the cut for top 16 in 15th place. Hopefully can reproduce my midweek form this Sat and Sun in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

BrisVegas
27th June 2006, 10:06 AM
nice shooting dc68! They're great scores around Pacific.

dc68
27th June 2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks BV,what sh!ts me is they could have been better but for some stupid,stupid shot selections. Maybe I will learn? Doubt it!!!!

Matt 3 Jab
27th June 2006, 01:11 PM
Played a PAR event today, finished -10, therfore i am finished.

dc68
27th June 2006, 02:01 PM
Ouch! good luck with the strings.

AndyP
29th June 2006, 09:26 AM
24/06/2006, Nambour GC, Single Par.

FWRR: Wasted a good start.

7/12 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
3/9 up and down successes.
31 putts.
-------------------
2 birdies.
6 pars.
5 bogeys.
2 doubles.
2 other.
Score 38-45-83 par square (Par 24-24-68 ) [Back nine first]

Seemed to continue on where I left off at Nudgee the week before, except for the shank I had on the first shot of the day. In fact, I seem to be having at least one per round still. Anyway, I made the turn at +4 with the putter running hot, and the rest of the game doing enough to support it.

Felt like I left all my momentum in the greenside bunker on the first, after it took me three cracks to get out. Struggled to get on the greens or close enough to give the putter a good chance of saving me. A few shocker shots that weren't there before crept into the game too.

I'm loving getting multiple birdies in a round though, that makes it two rounds in a row. Birdies are good. Still having fun too, so that's the important thing.

Next round: 02/07/2006, Gailes GC, Frank Foley Trophy.

BrisVegas
29th June 2006, 09:29 AM
... except for the shank I had on the first shot of the day. In fact, I seem to be having at least one per round still.

Next round: 02/07/2006, Gailes GC, Frank Foley Trophy.

Let's hope it's not your opening tee shot on #10 at Gailes... Don't park your car there!:smt002

AndyP
29th June 2006, 10:16 AM
Let's hope it's not your opening tee shot on #10 at Gailes... Don't park your car there!:smt002
Fortunately shanking with a wood in the hand is a tougher ask.