PDA

View Full Version : Vision golf balls

Matt 3 Jab
20th April 2017, 07:09 PM
Thought I would start at new thread as I know a few members are playing or testing the new vision balls.

I've now bought 60 brand new balls from Boz directly. I was lucky enough to receive a few to test a few weeks ago and I've loved them so I ordered a heap.

These are my honest opinions and I hope all others will do the same. Yes, they are a good deal, but if I thought they were rubbish I wouldn't bother taking the time to post about them.

The vision red protour X is the ball I've been playing most. It's a Urethene covered ball with a VERY bright white cover. Soft feel, a lot like a Z star in terms of feel and spin.

Pro's: very white cover stays white even after 18 holes. Spins as much as a Z star in all areas. Seems to move less in the air off the longer clubs, very straight. Great feel off all clubs.

Cons: you can't mark them with a pen due to the lacquer / cover material, you need to mark them the night before (but no one else I've played with plays them so easy to know what ball is yours). Markings at the moment have the ball name and alignment which I don't like, but I believe this will change to just one. No numbers just shapes, again this may change.

I've played 4 rounds with the red. I've had 39,30,24,37 points with the ball. Really enjoying it. I've ordered more in this time.

Some photos of the ball after 18 tough holes around Magenta (cart path and a tree) and after a quick scrub with a brush and gumption (as a test for Boz). And a photo next to a new prov1.

After round:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/c36df4735b952e03a0b71d819e8ab887.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/5253a92ea328f1bca90866cafc6113ae.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/27916f69e88af78c3f7425c02cbb2c60.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/1114cd3b0cf4b20e9c0ceb83b598abde.jpg

Quick scrub:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/7063e9c1cde85041845781d4c1c0b9fc.jpg

Next to new vision ball (left) and new prov1. Used one round right. You can see how much whiter they are compared to new prov1's!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/4b81f3f6c04920259e97694fc208fff2.jpg

Vision is also doing a blue protour X which has a slightly firmer non Urethene cover. It reminds me of a Q star but with more spin. I haven't had too much game time with it yet but I'll post more once I do. It's a very white ball with a fleck in it which shines brightly.

The last thing I would say is that I'm more happy to support local business and after speaking directly with Boz and hearing his insight into these golf balls, hopefully people can try his product and let the results speak for themselves.

All opinions welcomed but do yourself a favour and try them.

Matt 3 Jab
20th April 2017, 07:20 PM
Close up of the tree mark on the ball
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/ac201319ab1c0c623f9c1d2b2c10ffdc.jpg

Found the durability and whiteness very good

Slug
20th April 2017, 07:36 PM
I also have tried these balls, but this time the yellow protour v balls I think they are

Its been great for me so far, very durable and easy to spot due to the brightness

I have found it has slightly less spin around the greens then the chrome soft I'm used to, and a little more driver spin then I would like, but I'm extremely happy with the balls overall

For the price point, I don't think the quality can be beaten. I'll continue to usethem, and as Matt said, support a local business

davepuppies
20th April 2017, 07:44 PM
I found them a little too hard and clicky sound wise.

I couldn't get the same green side spin from the red as a pro V.

Tried 5-6, but decided I prefer the cast urethane type balls

backintheswing
20th April 2017, 07:48 PM
What do you guys mean, when you say it's a local business? Wouldn't the balls be made in Asia and sent out from there?

dee cee
20th April 2017, 07:49 PM
Is this their top end ball Matt? I've played Srixon XV's for some time and like them maybe even over pro v1x's. If it's similar to the xv I'd have to revisit the vision balls. Last time I used them a few years ago now their balls were great but nothing really to compete with the big boys tour balls.

Keep us posted.

Matt 3 Jab
20th April 2017, 08:16 PM
Is this their top end ball Matt? I've played Srixon XV's for some time and like them maybe even over pro v1x's. If it's similar to the xv I'd have to revisit the vision balls. Last time I used them a few years ago now their balls were great but nothing really to compete with the big boys tour balls.

Keep us posted.

Yes. The red and blue are their top as far as I'm aware. And the red is the Urethene ball.

I tested the xpert2 and others a while ago, and these are a lot better than those in terms of how they can compare with the big brands top tier balls.

I found the red protour X had plenty of greenside stopping power like the Srixons but each to their own.

dee cee
20th April 2017, 08:24 PM
Thanks mate. Might give them a go also

Matt 3 Jab
20th April 2017, 08:35 PM
Easiest to contact him direct via email

wayne@visiongolfball.com

Very easy to deal with

Rascal
20th April 2017, 10:14 PM
I also bought 6 doz direct from Boz, Still making my way through them. I played the reds a few weeks ago at hope Island and loved them, Stopped on a dime, which i've never been able to do before. I also love the opalescent colour of the blues.

Dazza
20th April 2017, 10:22 PM
Easiest to contact him direct via email wayne@visiongolfball.comVery easy to deal with Thanks Matt
And thanks for the review. Sounds like they'll be worth a crack, I've sent an email!

benno_r
20th April 2017, 10:23 PM
What do you guys mean, when you say it's a local business? Wouldn't the balls be made in Asia and sent out from there?
Australian registered company, owned by Australians. Designing balls, that are made to his specs in korea, in ball factories that make balls for the big boys.

Giving Australian golfers access to Urethane balls at a third of the price of proV's.

Considering no one in Australia can make top quality balls, pretty sure that's as close to "local" as you can possibly get.

backintheswing
21st April 2017, 07:10 AM
Good on him for having a go. But by buying the "big name" balls, you're still supporting the local pro shop businesses all over the country. You know the ones where you can walk in and demo the latest driver, or buy a glove, or pick up spikes for your shoes.

If we all keep supporting the online industries, one day you'll walk onto a golf course and have nothing in the pro shop, except a redirect to a URL.

Matt 3 Jab
21st April 2017, 07:22 AM
I think dealing directly with a owner / designer / operator like vision / Boz is a lot different than just "buying online". I can't see how going directly to the source is hurting local shops if they don't even sell the balls.

Being able to speak directly with the person who designed the ball is incredible. I'm sure if you could speak directly with Cobra R&D in regards to their drivers / woods and be offered to buy them directly from that person your pro shop wouldn't get a look in.

Hopefully more pro shops stock them in future and everyone can win.

benno_r
21st April 2017, 08:05 AM
Good on him for having a go. But by buying the "big name" balls, you're still supporting the local pro shop businesses all over the country. You know the ones where you can walk in and demo the latest driver, or buy a glove, or pick up spikes for your shoes.

If we all keep supporting the online industries, one day you'll walk onto a golf course and have nothing in the pro shop, except a redirect to a URL.
So your dozen scottys in the shed, how many you buy at the local pro shop?

Only people hurting the pro shops, are the "big name" ball companies selling their balls to said pro shop at a price which mean our buy price is 2-3x the price of vision balls.

Where does all that extra money go if the big names are making the balls for the same price or less than vision does? I suspect very little of it stays at the pro shop.

backintheswing
21st April 2017, 08:09 AM
So your dozen scottys in the shed, how many you buy at the local pro shop?

Only people hurting the pro shops, are the "big name" ball companies selling their balls to said pro shop at a price which mean our buy price is 2-3x the price of vision balls.

Where does all that extra money go if the big names are making the balls for the same price or less than vision does? I suspect very little of it stays at the pro shop.

All of my scotties, except the 2 circle t, would have been purchased from a pro shop originally. I think you're getting a little off track with that analogy.

3oneday
21st April 2017, 08:35 AM
Shops are going to sell what sells, why risk buying into no name stuff anyway?

No doubting matts review, boz has been around a while now and knows what's he's up against

WBennett
21st April 2017, 08:38 AM
Shops are going to sell what sells, why risk buying into no name stuff anyway?

No doubting matts review, boz has been around a while now and knows what's he's up against

I haven't used one in ages, but a playing partner of mine bought a few dozen of them and loves them. He agrees with the pen issue - can't mark them with your own marks.

benno_r
21st April 2017, 08:59 AM
All of my scotties, except the 2 circle t, would have been purchased from a pro shop originally. I think you're getting a little off track with that analogy.

Not really. A lot of your Scotties were originally bought off "pro shops" in the US or Japan. So like buying the big name balls, your scotty purchases meant little to none of that money actually helped any Australian businesses or people.

Matt 3 Jab
21st April 2017, 09:10 AM
I haven't used one in ages, but a playing partner of mine bought a few dozen of them and loves them. He agrees with the pen issue - can't mark them with your own marks.

Been told to mark them and leave them overnight and might help. I'll be doing my own testing soon in regards to that

3Puttpete
21st April 2017, 09:23 AM
Rather than annoy him with a browse, does anyone have a catalogue/product list?

backintheswing
21st April 2017, 09:38 AM
Not really. A lot of your Scotties were originally bought off "pro shops" in the US or Japan. So like buying the big name balls, your scotty purchases meant little to none of that money actually helped any Australian businesses or people.

2 out of 10 came from overseas. The rest would have been Australian sold.

Anyway I hope Boz sells a stack of his Vision balls and one day I can buy some with pro shop credit.

Rascal
21st April 2017, 09:40 AM
Mick, I'll forward you an email from boz with an outline of each balls basic design and what it's meant to do. I've also got some balls if you want to give them a hit.

RobNewy
21st April 2017, 09:48 AM
Ive been using them on and off for the last 6 years.
Im now back to using them almost exclusively.
The PT Red is the best for me. I can get it to spin quite hard on the greens, and i think it's an incredible feeling ball.

ThePT Blue is the second best for me. It doesnt spin quite as much as the red, but it is almost a full club longer for me and most others that i know that have used it.

The PT Yellow is a little under the blue in terms of spin, but it is a fair bit more clicky in feel.
When the Red with the yellow covering comes out, it will be a show stopper.

The PT Green, is next for me. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, just doesnt work as well for me as the others.

Boz is extraordinarily generous with his orders, and answers all questions very comprehensively.

Stuart
21st April 2017, 10:49 AM
I have also been testing them for many years. As Boz knows (cause I have told him), I have never found any of the Vision balls to be able to match my normal ball of the Srixon Z-star. Until now that is.

I have now switched to just using the PT Blue. The spin is consistent and close enough to a Z-star that I am happy to use them. The Red does spin slightly more, but I actually have found the Blue to be better suited to my game. I agree with Rob that the Green is OK, but not close to either the Blue or Red (in my experience). The Yellow was the longest of the lot, but I didn't like the feel at all.

I know that these threads often turn into hagiographies that fail to mention any flaws or problems. However, I can genuinely say that I think Boz has come up with a ball that can compete with the big manufacturers. Is it perfect - of course not. It doesn't spin quite as much as the Z-star, and they still don't float particularly well. But the range of Vision balls now has options that are not limited to just 'rocks' and if you haven't tried them for a few years, it could be worthwhile having another crack.

3Puttpete
21st April 2017, 04:06 PM
Mick, I'll forward you an email from boz with an outline of each balls basic design and what it's meant to do. I've also got some balls if you want to give them a hit.

Cheers mate.

Lagerlover
21st April 2017, 04:27 PM
Cheers mate. That'll be publicity no money could buy.

Steve57
21st April 2017, 06:40 PM
That'll be publicity no money could buy.
They will sure get a workout!

3Puttpete
21st April 2017, 08:34 PM
Not necessarily. That dam on the right of 1 is a doozy

Lagerlover
21st April 2017, 08:44 PM
Floaters?

3Puttpete
21st April 2017, 08:56 PM
I've asked

3Puttpete
21st April 2017, 08:57 PM
*arksed

oldracer
21st April 2017, 10:39 PM
*arksedwiv n x

Matt 3 Jab
22nd April 2017, 12:22 PM
Another round and another new ball used the whole round.

Here is the full ball after 18 holes. Durability and how white they stay is still amazing.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/a76763cb550acccf5c508f032426a663.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/43564167efcaa61d6f21f55eccbdf671.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/d180e0a6b1e8151b53dd27afa3b11eb2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/b011830e56465beb99a5f0be1e2a4c12.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/2f1fdd597e498292aad911474b939a60.jpg

Used ball bottom, new ball top left, and new new Titleist out of box.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/241721ef7c3f048d57c484e7e4b188c9.jpg

BayBum
22nd April 2017, 12:44 PM
Boz sent me some trial balls way back when he first started up, must be a good 10 years ago.

Good performing ball's. Xpert2 i recall, don't remember the other models. I am sure he has improved the ball a fair bit since then.

Matt 3 Jab
26th April 2017, 02:46 PM
Hope this isn't too much like spam!

Used the same ball for a second round today. Photos attached. Holding up well. Impressed with the covers durability.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/ca1afce1a6bb0dcfe34b346c4b43c175.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/499b1262b8ac9eba021cd90c80169978.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/16d2e43c0e23aa41fdb25240fc1e5b63.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/b798e93046e149e8b520974d9763a0bd.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/32153182e19ba6045dc722dbaf126d31.jpg

3oneday
26th April 2017, 04:47 PM
Nah, Forte are better, apparently.

RobNewy
26th April 2017, 05:54 PM
Ive put 2 Blue balls in the damaged pile in tbe last 6 months.

Ive found the cover softer than the red, and i have cut a couple enough that i couldnt play them.

Havent been able to do that with the Red yet and im on my 2nd dozen

Matt 3 Jab
26th April 2017, 06:22 PM
Ive put 2 Blue balls in the damaged pile in tbe last 6 months.

Ive found the cover softer than the red, and i have cut a couple enough that i couldnt play them.

Havent been able to do that with the Red yet and im on my 2nd dozen

That's surprising being the blended cover on the blue and not the Urethene of the red.

I haven't had too much game time with the blue yet. The red is going too good to change a lot of things!

Dcanto
26th April 2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks for that info Matt. I'm interested in giving them a go once I work through my supply of Z-Stars.

RobNewy
27th April 2017, 06:05 AM
That's surprising being the blended cover on the blue and not the Urethene of the red. I haven't had too much game time with the blue yet. The red is going too good to change a lot of things! Im a ittle stumped as well.I lost a Red a couple of weeks ago that had been in play for 7 rounds.It looked a little sad, but scuffs that i couldnt remoce with some Ajax

dee cee
27th April 2017, 08:15 AM
You guys are freaks. Not losing a ball for 2-7 rounds? Well done sirs...

I've always changed the ball every round if by chance I don't lose one. The used one becomes a reload ball...

WBennett
27th April 2017, 08:27 AM
Matt is a flusher though.

I lost my last new ball after 46 holes last weekend. It had scratches and marks, but it was reliable...

Time to try a new ball.

Stuart
27th April 2017, 09:58 AM
Thanks for that info Matt. I'm interested in giving them a go once I work through my supply of Z-Stars.

Try both the Red and the Blue. I switched from the Z-star to the Blue after testing both out.

PeteyD
5th May 2017, 03:14 PM
Got a selection off Boz to try out, including some with some different graphics. Today I tried the blue. Liked it a lot. Was playing like a busted ass but the ball behaved. Cold topped into a tee marker left a mark but not as nasty as you might think. Also copped a lot of tree and other bashing. Ball held up well. Unfortunately its in the middle of Moreton Bay now so I don't have a photo. They don't float too good, although they skip off the water nicely at the right angle :lol:.

The blues are a good ball. When I hit it well with the wedge it was a one hop stopper. Loved putting with it, solid off the face and rolled sweetly. Felt a little harsh off the irons on off center hits. Length off driver was on a par with what I expect. Happily compare it to the TP I have been playing. A bit harder feeling so I guess more like the X version. Was going to play again tomorrow but that seems unlikely at the moment as I seem to have done myself some mischief today, but if I do I am going to try one of the yellow coloured pro balls.

liptout
8th May 2017, 06:41 AM
Was going to play again tomorrow but that seems unlikely at the moment as I seem to have done myself some mischief today, but if I do I am going to try one of the yellow coloured pro balls.

Don't try to hard to draw or fade the ball then, the Yellow ball is ridiculously straight (and forgiving)..... I've been using it for a loooong time now (when i actually get to play) and used it on good swinging days, and plenty of bad swinging days and always a consistent result.

grandmasterb
8th May 2017, 08:21 AM
How does one go about getting a couple of Visions balls to demo if he was keen please guys?

WBennett
8th May 2017, 09:09 AM
Grandmaster, send him an email at wayne@visiongolfball.com

He was super easy to deal with for me last week.
(wayne@visiongolfball.com)

billp
8th May 2017, 09:17 AM
There gloves are even better than the balls. Probably the best I have ever used.

grandmasterb
8th May 2017, 09:38 AM
Grandmaster, send him an email at wayne@visiongolfball.com

He was super easy to deal with for me last week.
(wayne@visiongolfball.com)

Cheers, have shot him an email so will see what he comes back with.

Bitter
13th May 2017, 09:20 PM
Ok so yet to post in this thread but have now used Red, Green then Blue each for a round.

Red- great ball with good spin. Very straight in the air but maybe 5m shorter than my usual ZStar XVs.

Green- least favourite of the 3 and whilst possibly the least spin with this had the most sideways movement in the air.

Blue- possibly because I played well with it today it is now my favourite but first impressions I was not a fan of the pearly finish. However after using it today it is just as straight as the red but definitely slightly longer.

I will be using the Blue over the coming weeks but it definitely looks like a keeper. (Not sure if it is the case but we lost 4 balls in our group to crows but one walked up to my Vision Blue and left it alone? Maybe they don't like the pearly?)

benno_r
13th May 2017, 09:33 PM
Ok so yet to post in this thread but have now used Red, Green then Blue each for a round.

Red- great ball with good spin. Very straight in the air but maybe 5m shorter than my usual ZStar XVs.

Green- least favourite of the 3 and whilst possibly the least spin with this had the most sideways movement in the air.

Blue- possibly because I played well with it today it is now my favourite but first impressions I was not a fan of the pearly finish. However after using it today it is just as straight as the red but definitely slightly longer.

I will be using the Blue over the coming weeks but it definitely looks like a keeper. (Not sure if it is the case but we lost 4 balls in our group to crows but one walked up to my Vision Blue and left it alone? Maybe they don't like the pearly?)

Some interesting observations there. I have used the red and the blue for a round, and have similar feedback:

Red - Felt firm, especially with woods. Lots of spin, but I also found it short. Great action around the green. Very durable - bounced it off a few trees and was holding up well.

Blue - Longer than the red, great feel (softer), but much less action around the green. Chewed up more than the red. Can also confirm it doesn't float.

I think if I could get the green side spin of the red, with the feel and long game performance of the blue, I'd be a convert.

Not sure if the "yellow" blue is similar, but will be using tomorrow to find out.

benno_r
14th May 2017, 08:23 PM
Ok, quick update today.

Took the green out for a putt for a day. Felt/sounded firmer like the red. Decided to use the yellow blue, as it felt way better.

Yellow blue performs just like the white version. This is the first yellow vision ball I have used that has felt awesome. Played a few more irons into greens today. Actually had a 6in suck back on 7, and the pitchmarks on 2 and 8 (8i) were within 6in of the ball. I think these have sufficient iron spin for my game. Once again not a huge amount of grab with chips, though I got a little fizz on 18. I still wish I got bite like the red on these shots.

Durability on the yellow was fine. No major scuffs or damage. The yellow is definitely the best yellow colouring around, my 2 elder playing partners were very impressed with visibility.

oldracer
14th May 2017, 09:27 PM
How does one go about getting a couple of Visions balls to demo if he was keen please guys? Wouldn't you just buy some???

grandmasterb
15th May 2017, 10:52 AM
Wouldn't you just buy some???

If they were sold anywhere near I live then YES I would and I wouldn't have bothered to ask the question would I oldracer :roll:

WBennett
16th May 2017, 08:14 AM
If they were sold anywhere near I live then YES I would and I wouldn't have bothered to ask the question would I oldracer :roll:

Online only. Have you emailed Boz?

Gammon
30th May 2017, 10:59 PM
Played with the Vision blue yesterday and really liked it. Never seen them before the NSW champs. The crows don't seem to like the pearly finish which is also a bonus. I'll try the Red sleeve next week. What do they cost?

Jazz18
30th May 2017, 11:26 PM
Used the red at Mt Broughton and felt OK and good spin. Wouldn't go anywhere though, very short for me. Back to the B330's and Pro v1x's.

WBennett
31st May 2017, 07:21 AM
Used the red at Mt Broughton and felt OK and good spin. Wouldn't go anywhere though, very short for me. Back to the B330's and Pro v1x's.

The red doesn't seem to like the cold. I have now started two rounds with the red balls, and lost a heap of distance across all clubs. Both times I swapped after 9 holes and was back to normal distance off the tee and on approach.

My short hitting playing partner loved his green ones, and didn't notice any difference with the red either.

Blue ones this weekend - or give the yellow ones a go if I want to take on the crows.

Gammon
31st May 2017, 07:44 AM
Interesting. I might take a red and a blue out on Friday, play two balls and compare back to back and see how sensitive I am. I'm very late to the Vision ball party. I have to do the same with the new Pro v's and see if the X version is still my preference. I often use the same ball for a few rounds then lose 4 in one round. I like to have a cheaper ball in the bag for when my ability completely vanishes, makes it easier to laugh at myself.
I think I have scar tissue from playing golf when I went back to Uni and a Titleist ball was like gold. When cash flow was low I was more concerned with not losing the ball than my score lol.

Matt 3 Jab
31st May 2017, 07:45 AM
Ive lost a bit of distance of late. Not 100% if its the red ball or not. Its not hurting my scores, but im taking a lot more club. Im havibg my lofts checked as i think they run off a 48 degree wedge.

Would be good to see numbers on a LM

3oneday
31st May 2017, 07:49 AM
Probably the shafts, you should go to Cool Clubs and get them changed.

WBennett
31st May 2017, 07:57 AM
Ive lost a bit of distance of late. Not 100% if its the red ball or not. Its not hurting my scores, but im taking a lot more club. Im having my lofts checked as i think they run off a 48 degree wedge.

Canberra winter always sees me take an extra club, and occasionally 2. I am finding I am hitting a lot of 8 irons in rather than normal wedges - which makes sense if I lose 10m on the drive and 5-8m on the approach.

Gammon
31st May 2017, 08:09 AM
If I lived in Canberra I'd play snooker or darts and sell my clubs 😉

Captain Nemo
31st May 2017, 08:21 AM
Interesting. I might take a red and a blue out on Friday, play two balls and compare back to back and see how sensitive I am. I'm very late to the Vision ball party. I have to do the same with the new Pro v's and see if the X version is still my preference. I often use the same ball for a few rounds then lose 4 in one round. I like to have a cheaper ball in the bag for when my ability completely vanishes, makes it easier to laugh at myself.I think I have scar tissue from playing golf when I went back to Uni and a Titleist ball was like gold. When cash flow was low I was more concerned with not losing the ball than my score lol. Come and take the 2 sleeves I have, I'm semi retired from golf!

WBennett
31st May 2017, 08:23 AM
If I lived in Canberra I'd play snooker or darts and sell my clubs 

You couldn't survive in Canberra. You would have fished Tinder out too quickly!

Gammon
31st May 2017, 08:27 AM
Come and take the 2 sleeves I have, I'm semi retired from golf! Sounds good but I'm not having this semi retired business.

Gammon
31st May 2017, 08:30 AM
You couldn't survive in Canberra. You would have fished Tinder out too quickly! I wouldn't dare. Already been questioned by federal police about a missing girl (last seen with me), was about 15 years ago but not swimming in that shallow pool again lol.

Captain Nemo
31st May 2017, 08:45 AM
Lol....🤣

Gammon
31st May 2017, 02:50 PM
Ive lost a bit of distance of late. Not 100% if its the red ball or not. Its not hurting my scores, but im taking a lot more club. Im havibg my lofts checked as i think they run off a 48 degree wedge.

It's the red ball, played with it today, ended up taking an extra club on many holes. Also spun a wedge back into a water hazard. I'll stick to the blue ones.

Matt 3 Jab
31st May 2017, 02:53 PM
I enjoy the feel and durability of it. Might be a summer ball

WBennett
31st May 2017, 05:26 PM
I cant fault the durability of any of them - the look new after 18 holes of my cart path tree thimping waywardness.

Matt 3 Jab
31st May 2017, 06:05 PM
Great product and all feedback can only help the balls get better and better!

Gammon
31st May 2017, 06:22 PM
Great product and all feedback can only help the balls get better and better!
I like the blue and hate the red. What other flavours do they come in?

Captain Nemo
31st May 2017, 06:26 PM
White!

Matt 3 Jab
31st May 2017, 07:07 PM
Green. More of a distance ball but

Gammon
31st May 2017, 07:49 PM
White!
[emoji108]

Gammon
31st May 2017, 07:51 PM
Green. More of a distance ball but
I know I could probably look up a website but this is easier..... So green is more of a hot dot, Red is a high spin ball. What is the blue ball marketed as? I found it very playable.

Matt 3 Jab
31st May 2017, 07:53 PM
Blue is aimed at the more top end with slightly less wedge spin than red. I saw it as a better Q star

Gammon
31st May 2017, 07:57 PM
Blue is aimed at the more top end with slightly less wedge spin than red. I saw it as a better Q star
Would you rather be here?.... or here? Well thats my ball. Where do I buy them? I'm playing freebies.

Matt 3 Jab
31st May 2017, 07:58 PM
Ebay or email him direct 👍👍

Gammon
31st May 2017, 08:00 PM
Ebay or email him direct 👍👍
Who is him? Your fast on the trigger tonight Matty. When am I coming to visit?

Matt 3 Jab
31st May 2017, 08:01 PM
Soon i hope! Magenta is waiting

Gammon
31st May 2017, 08:03 PM
Soon i hope! Magenta is waiting
Ha ha I'll bring two sleeves of vision reds down.

Bitter
31st May 2017, 09:04 PM
Careful though Toddy, I thought Blue was my ball after having 41pts first round out but they were cored greens. Next few games I have not been able to stop them at all. Johnno will agree after our game at Lynwood after some really nice shots I hit just kept running.

I have since gone back to the Red and put up with the lack of distance. I will really need to trial some more before committing as a regular ball.

Gammon
31st May 2017, 09:19 PM
Careful though Toddy, I thought Blue was my ball after having 41pts first round out but they were cored greens. Next few games I have not been able to stop them at all. Johnno will agree after our game at Lynwood after some really nice shots I hit just kept running.

I have since gone back to the Red and put up with the lack of distance. I will really need to trial some more before committing as a regular ball.
The slight less spin compared to the Pro v1x doesn't hurt me (blue) but the distance loss (red) really does. I'm not flusher like you and Matty. I'm not used to the extra spin either and leave all my chips short anyway with a super spinny ball. How many holes a round are you pin seekers short siding yourselves? 😉

markTHEblake
5th June 2017, 08:23 PM
I have a batch of the Red, Blue and Green.
Red spins the most of any vision ball, I jacked up a few shots backwards or sideways on hard greens, that was a big surprise to me.
Blue and green also spin just not as much as the red, but definitely more than the super yellow.

The ball flight of the blue looks to me a little like a low spin ball, as in it looks like it didnt go very far, but it did.

Durability is the best i have ever seen with a white ball.

WBennett
11th June 2017, 04:09 PM
Used the Vision blue yesterday. It was maybe 12 degrees, and windless. Found it to be nice, consistent, a little shorter than my normal NXT but i was able to move it both ways when required. 40 points, 12 GIR's is a good day for me!

Will use it again tomorrow, but at this stage it has earned another go from me.

Gammon
11th June 2017, 04:44 PM
Used the Vision blue yesterday. It was maybe 12 degrees, and windless. Found it to be nice, consistent, a little shorter than my normal NXT but i was able to move it both ways when required. 40 points, 12 GIR's is a good day for me!

Will use it again tomorrow, but at this stage it has earned another go from me.
12 GIR is good going buddy. Any Eagles? [emoji12]

Matt 3 Jab
11th June 2017, 06:29 PM
12 GIR is good going buddy. Any Eagles? [emoji12]
Haha nah doubt it 😁😂😁😂

WBennett
11th June 2017, 07:24 PM
12 GIR is good going buddy. Any Eagles? [emoji12] I am a Dotty style bunter now

Matt 3 Jab
14th June 2017, 08:00 PM
Quick update:
Ive had my lofts checked by the local master club builder and they were running off a 50 degree PW.

So once i get them back and adjusted, ill have a better gauge of distance with the red ball.

May account for some of the distance loss

Gammon
15th June 2017, 01:15 AM
The wedge weaker than my PW is 48 degree..... Just saying 😉

Gammon
15th June 2017, 01:23 AM
Yes I know its after 1am mid week and I'm posting..... I'm suffering a mid life crisis.... don't judge me 😉

Captain Nemo
15th June 2017, 07:01 AM
Where the **** are you at 1am on a wed night....oh hold on on second thoughts I probably don't want to know!

WBennett
15th June 2017, 08:30 AM
Where the **** are you at 1am on a wed night....oh hold on on second thoughts I probably don't want to know!

He was between lap dances and had a spare minute

benno_r
15th June 2017, 09:00 AM
He was between lap dances and had a spare minute

You don't know Toddy as well as you think if you are under the impression he has spare minutes at a strip club.

Gammon
15th June 2017, 09:14 AM
I got home at 12.57am last night..... that's an improvement on last week 😎 I love Uber receipts, they really help with timelines lol

WBennett
15th June 2017, 10:50 AM
I got home at 12.57am last night..... that's an improvement on last week  I love Uber receipts, they really help with timelines lol

Love it. I went out a while ago, had a huge night trying to keep up with my cousins, and only found out what time I got home via the uber receipt the next day.

#goodtimes

LarryLong
22nd August 2017, 11:01 AM
I'm up for some new balls - which of the new vision balls would suit me? I just want something that resists the urge to move sideways in the air on full shots, and I don't really care about greenside spin because I can't chip anyway. My last lot of balls was a box of the old UV yellow 808s and they seemed to go OK, but if I'm honest I really can't tell the difference between one ball and the next. I'll probably just email Boz and buy whatever he tells me to, but I thought I should go in with some idea first. :)

I'm a big fan of the yellow colour though - if you hit the ball where I hit it, you really appreciate being able to spot it easily.

mrbluu
22nd August 2017, 11:12 AM
I finally got around to using the Protour Blue on the weekend. Nice ball, really liked the feel, but it could do some more spin with the shorter clubs, however I was able to check on up from out of a bunker.

PeteyD
22nd August 2017, 11:13 AM
Send Boz an email Larry, and tell him what you are looking for.

Matt 3 Jab
22nd August 2017, 11:15 AM
Pro tour red has the spin you need

3Puttpete
22nd August 2017, 11:25 AM
I'm up for some new balls - which of the new vision balls would suit me? I just want something that resists the urge to move sideways in the air on full shots, and I don't really care about greenside spin because I can't chip anyway. My last lot of balls was a box of the old UV yellow 808s and they seemed to go OK, but if I'm honest I really can't tell the difference between one ball and the next. I'll probably just email Boz and buy whatever he tells me to, but I thought I should go in with some idea first. :)

I'm a big fan of the yellow colour though - if you hit the ball where I hit it, you really appreciate being able to spot it easily.Prosoft

3Puttpete
22nd August 2017, 11:37 AM
Pro tour red has the spin you needNone at all?

Matt 3 Jab
22nd August 2017, 11:38 AM
Spins very well [emoji106][emoji106]

LarryLong
22nd August 2017, 11:52 AM
None at all?

That's pretty much the result with any ball from me, unless you count side-spin. I've never been able to get a chip to stop at the best of times, with any ball. I'm flat out trying to hit the ball with a wedge these days, so getting it in the air is a pleasant surprise and whatever happens after it lands is OK with me. :)

We can't all be flushers with awesome short games like you blokes. :)

mrbluu
22nd August 2017, 11:55 AM
Spins very well [emoji106][emoji106]

Not fan of the feel of the red. I think it has something to do with the high compression of the core. The blue has a lower compression core but harder cover. I think Benno_r said before that a ball with the blue core and the red cover could be good to try

3Puttpete
22nd August 2017, 12:07 PM
That's pretty much the result with any ball from me, unless you count side-spin. I've never been able to get a chip to stop at the best of times, with any ball. I'm flat out trying to hit the ball with a wedge these days, so getting it in the air is a pleasant surprise and whatever happens after it lands is OK with me. :)

We can't all be flushers with awesome short games like you blokes. :)I'm with you.

3Puttpete
22nd August 2017, 12:09 PM
Spins very well [emoji106][emoji106]Because thats what he said he's looking for? Gotcha

mrbluu
22nd August 2017, 10:43 PM
Because thats what he said he's looking for? GotchaI don't like the feel of the red.

TheTrueReview
24th August 2017, 11:33 AM
Just received some of the new models. Looking forward to giving them a burl.

Double hoops
24th August 2017, 08:57 PM
What new models can we look forward too?

TheTrueReview
26th August 2017, 09:45 AM
What new models can we look forward too? I'm talking about the current ones. My previous experience with a Vision ball relates to 2014.

RobNewy
26th August 2017, 07:37 PM
I'm talking about the current ones. My previous experience with a Vision ball relates to 2014. Very very different balls from those ones. Love the Red and the Blue. Combine the 2 and it will be a freaking incredible ball

Double hoops
27th August 2017, 07:48 PM
I've pulled out the white 808 prosoft today. It's hard off a slow swing speed. Pick the pace up and you feel the softness. I loved it. Not sure why, but the white just seems way nicer then a gel skin yellow. It just feels softer.

TheTrueReview
28th August 2017, 10:22 AM
Very very different balls from those ones. Love the Red and the Blue. Combine the 2 and it will be a freaking incredible ball

Looking forward to trying them. Both are going into my bag for this weekend.

PapaBravo
21st November 2017, 06:28 PM
I wrote this review back in May for the Vision golf balls. For what it's worth I currently play Chromesoft Yellows and before that the Prov1's mentioned in the review.

I also think Boz is an absolute legend and a credit to our industry in Aus. One of the good guys.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review after todays session at Yarrambat, and some interesting side notes. All 4 of us played with Vision balls today for the first time.

I'll throw out there that I had absolutely no idea what any of these balls are designed to do because I did little to no research before playing them today, and specifically avoided understanding the balls before we went out and played, because I wanted to judge them entirely on what I saw, rather than what they were "supposed" to do.

I'll also add in there that my mates are only once a month golfers who don't practice, and are out there to enjoy the occasional good shot each round.

I donated a flouro yellow one to the guy that prefers to play yellow stuff. Usually around the 110 mark every round. He noted that he was overly impressed with how far away he could see his ball. He lost 1 ball to the water on the 16th hole, but other than that was able to find everything he hit into the rough from miles away. He normally loses 3-4 balls a round to the rough. He drove the best I've ever seen him drive the ball, and his usual blow out slices were reduced significantly. A little hard to judge how the ball performed around the green because his contact is not really the best, but even for what seemed to be low side spin off the tee, he didn't have anything that released any more than usual in his approach shots. Today he shot 98, which is his equal to his lowest round ever.

I donated a blue one to a guy that plays whatever the high performance Bridgestone (b3something?) balls are every round, even though he struggles to normally break 100. He struggles with too much side spin and backspin off the tees normally, and his usual flight is very high weak fade/slices. Usually he falls easily into the trap of 1 bad shot affects the next 3 or 4 holes. The blue ball offered him much better distance than he usually hits, because it seemed to control the height well, and on the back 9 today he played better than I've ever seen him play. 2 over on 8 out of the last 9 holes. He made the mistake of checking his score before the last hole and got the shakes and double bogeyed the last hole. He shot 91 today, and is the lowest round he has ever shot. He had more confidence off the tee than I've ever seen him have, which I conservatively contribute to the low side spin offered by the blue ball. After the round, he explained to me that was his first ever round where he finished with the ball he started with. He was impressed with the fact that even after 18 holes, the ball almost looked brand new with the cover holding up much better than his Bridgestones normally do. Nothing blew out way right with the driver like it normally does. Interestingly enough he used one of those tees with the pitch tool built into it that Boz sent me. He LOVED that tee and the height it sat at off the teebox.

I donated a red one to a guy that usually scores 95-105ish, who usually plays with ProV1. Before I started playing with this group, he was the better out of the bunch. He made the comments that the red felt very solid off the club face, but still felt soft compared to his prov's. He actually much preferred the feeling of the red over the ProV1's on this cold Autumn day in Melbourne. He also lost his ball on the 16th to the backside of the water, but spent more time looking for it than I've ever seen. even after the hole he went back to look for it again. It was almost heartbreaking for him to lose the ball because he loved it so much. The ball gave him similar distance off the tee as his ProV1's, probably a little less driver spin, but hard to tell because it was a little windy today. His ball had notable performance around the greens. Stopping very quickly with very little release on his approaches. His putts were falling a little short today compared to usual, with notably less speed off the putter face than a prov1. He shot his best round ever, finishing with 90 today and has asked me to order him a dozen reds after the round.

I played a Blue today, and I normally play ProV1's too. I was a little scared playing the blue, as the cover felt hard and I feared that I wasn't going to have the control around the greens that I normally have. It reminds me of the Nike Mojo cover, but a softer (i assume) core. Spin was lower with the pitches and chips, releasing more than a ProV1 for me. I made a small adjustment to the chipping and pitching targets allowing the ball to release to the hole, rather than just biting. The blue loved being pitched high though, and full wedge shots were stopping quickly enough, it will be interesting to test this kind of ball on a hot summers day with some fast greens and if it will still have enough stopping power but for conditions like today, this kind of performance was fine.

Off the putter, the ball definitely has a clicky feeling, but didn't feel hard at all. The markings on the ball all showed up better than a ProV1 typically would on a day like today, because the mud cleaned off without any noticable discolouration over the round. The ball stayed much brighter throughout the day than I've ever seen any other ball do

Off the tee, I was able to work little fades and baby draws off the tee with control, and was able to hit it high and low with and against the wind as required for the hole. The ball had an excellent feel being hit, penetrating ball flight and the wind felt less significant than a ProV1. It just felt straight, long, penetrating and in control the entire day.

Overall, the balls performed well for everyone and held up remarkably well all day. They stayed bright and clean throughout the round, and seem excellent value for money.

Adam_C
19th December 2017, 03:30 PM
Ok so last night I was lurking around the forum and I stumbled on this page. I am looking to purchase some new balls and you guys made these interesting balls sound even more interesting. I sent Boz an email at around midnight (SA time) and to my surprise he responded back almost straight away! A few more emails this morning and now I have some new Vision balls headed my way (I purchased them). I must say, even if the balls turn out to be not to my liking, the customer service and response time was just incredible and Boz is a credit to his company!

Can't wait to test these balls out!

mugpunta
7th February 2018, 09:02 PM
i have just ordered a trial pack of the Red Protour X via ebay didn't take long for Wayne to contact me on what i am currently gaming/looking for and said that he added a couple of extras to try. Very impressed with customer service!

henno
17th September 2018, 06:02 PM
Minor gravedig, but Matt 3 Jab gave me a ball to try on the Sunday of the champs (thanks mate!) and it went very well. It was the ProTour X Red, and I even managed to keep it in play for long enough around Brookwater for me to actually test it properly!

I think I'll be slinging Boz an email soon and see if I can grab a few.

Matt 3 Jab
17th September 2018, 10:38 PM
Glad it went well mate [emoji106][emoji106]

Matt 3 Jab
18th September 2018, 12:41 PM
Also I should note anyone using the blue or green visions, my pro shop is selling them for $10 for 5 balls.

Happy to buy some for anyone and post them so I can use my proshop credit and get cash [emoji106][emoji106]

PeteyD
18th September 2018, 12:42 PM
I'll stock up on some blues. Anyone else in QLD want some?

Matt 3 Jab
14th November 2018, 02:22 PM
Anyone else chasing vision blue or green? Happy to buy some with pro shop credit again. Believe they are still $2 a ball

goughy
8th September 2022, 08:22 AM
Anyone using these balls? Any worth trying? I don't think I've hit one since they were very first released?
I had a bit of a look online at them, but can't really tell the difference between the models? Or in just ignorant.....

markTHEblake
8th September 2022, 11:15 AM
he has new models not on the website. I used them a lot over the years, but not recently because I just been winning far to many balls i cant run out yet. Most of the time i buy a bunch when i go on holidays and give them away.

Check out the Facebook page, and contact him direct there. you probably be wanting the ProTour version not ProSoft (probably similar to the typical soft ball)

He dont make balls equal to Prov1 etc, the Protour probably similar ball to Srixon Q Star tour.

you can mention you from Ozgolf, he sponsored us a while back for an Ozgolf champs at Kooralbyn with a bunch of them.

goughy
8th September 2022, 12:58 PM
That might have been when I hit them!
I certainly wouldn't be donating prov1's to the course.
I'll check out fb, thanks mtb