PDA

View Full Version : Srixon Z565/765 Drivers

Huynhie
4th April 2017, 06:56 PM
Anyone given these a hit yet? The minimal reviews seem pretty good but being Srixon, no one really seems to be paying much attention to the new woods range.

Saw Russell Knox put the Z565 in play recently and also mygolfspy said they were the biggest surprise in driver testing. Thinking I might pick up both models and see how they go but doesnt hurt to see if anyone has given them a whirl.

cratcliffe
12th April 2017, 12:06 PM
I used to have the 545 but it was too spinny for me. Found it just balooned up so much into the wind.
Not sure if they have 'fixed' that with new models.
Chris

Daves
12th April 2017, 06:42 PM
I will let you know when the 765 arrives next week and it makes it into the rotation.

Huynhie
12th April 2017, 09:07 PM
Great. From everything I'm seeing, they seem to be quite low spinning dave

davidw88
12th April 2017, 09:21 PM
I had a 745 which was a pretty good stick, say it would be similar.

KC4802
12th April 2017, 09:25 PM
Last weekend Toowoomba city golf club gave me the z565 with Miyazaki 60g x flex in probably the best hire set the world has ever seen.
First time I'd played in 6 weeks with a broken ankle, still had the moon boot on. I really liked it, from the first swing not knowing how the ankle would go... Low stinger that still found fairway... To the 18th clearing the fairway bunker. Gave me a lot of confidence to keep swing harder.
Out of the screws it was great, it gave a lot of feedback on off centre hits, although one of the shots I called terrible from feel was close to the longest of the day albeit well in the sticks.
I loved the clean look, although the shape was a bit different to my 913d2 it didn't take much to get used to.
I'd highly recommend giving it a hit.

Daves
14th April 2017, 10:13 AM
Great. From everything I'm seeing, they seem to be quite low spinning dave

It would seem so. I will let you know once it arrives and I can give it a run, but I am expecting it to be low launch and loooow spin.

Some adapter listings on eBay suggest the latest models are compatible with prior Srixon Z model Adapters, and also the Cleveland Classic XL and 588 Driver Adapters? Is anyone able to confirm this? And has anyone seen Head Weights for sale?

Daves
18th April 2017, 04:18 PM
Some adapter listings on eBay suggest the latest models are compatible with prior Srixon Z model Adapters, and also the Cleveland Classic XL and 588 Driver Adapters? Is anyone able to confirm this? And has anyone seen Head Weights for sale?

Yes David, the Adapters are compatible.:roll::wink:

Huynhie
18th April 2017, 09:19 PM
Had a hit yet Dave?

topping
18th April 2017, 11:07 PM
Ive been playing with the 565 for two or three months, 9.5 deg with the Miyazaki blue shaft. Went to it after struggling with the G30 which cost twice as much.

I love it. So much so, that in three months I've neither dicked around with the weights or the thousands of different settings, nor tried a million different shafts.

What I get is low launch, strong trajectory and more roll on the ball plus high forgiveness on anything other than compete mis hits.

Buy one!

Daves
19th April 2017, 06:52 AM
Had a hit yet Dave?

Not yet, it only arrived yesterday afternoon. It will hopefully will get a run on the weekend.

AusOdy
19th April 2017, 09:06 AM
Z765 driver reviews from Mark Crossfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvTy7mlUUAk&feature=youtu.be

benno_r
20th April 2017, 11:32 AM
After watching the Crossfield review, I'll be keeping a sneaky eye out for a used z765.

Daves
23rd April 2017, 10:25 AM
My first run with the Z765 yesterday (PL Blue Reg shaft) . It is very low spin, probably as low as I have played, and also probably a touch too little for my slow swing speed. Nevertheless I knocked it around pretty solidly. I don't think I was too far off the centre of the face all day. It definitely didn't want to go right (Left Hander). My typical drive was a lowish squirty fade of 5 to 10m that ran out solidly. It was far friendlier to use than I thought it might be. And distance, whilst not long, was very consistent.

Jazz18
23rd April 2017, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know if the Z765 Limited is available in Australia? They are a glued head that are available in at least a 9.5deg but I'd be looking at a 10.5deg if they are available. Only seen them OS, not in Australia.

Jazz18
23rd April 2017, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know if the Z765 Limited is available in Australia? They are a glued head that are available in at least a 9.5deg but I'd be looking at a 10.5deg if they are available. Only seen them OS, not in Australia.

Hey Jazz, yeah they are only in Japan I believe and only available in 8.5 or 9.5deg. Cheers

Wenz
25th April 2017, 08:03 AM
$260 for a slightly used z765 on the fb group.

Jazz18
25th April 2017, 10:57 AM
$260 for a slightly used z765 on the fb group.

There you go benno!

benno_r
25th April 2017, 11:08 AM
There you go benno!

Already stalked it, only a 9.5. Shame.

Jazz18
25th April 2017, 06:18 PM
Already stalked it, only a 9.5. Shame.

Fair enough. I think I'd like at least the 10.5 too if I was getting one.

Huynhie
1st May 2017, 08:16 PM
Had a whirl of the 565 and from the naked eye, this thing really goes. Without looking at numbers, i feel the ball speed was quite high. Head looks bigger compared to my GBB which I think has quite a small profile at address. The Miyazaki shaft that the srixon comes with matches up well and feels good but will look at playing around with a few others. Hopefully on a monitor

Huynhie
1st May 2017, 08:18 PM
Had a whirl of the 565 at the range and from the naked eye, this thing really goes. Without looking at numbers, i feel the ball speed was quite high. Head looks bigger compared to my GBB which I think has quite a small profile at address. The Miyazaki shaft that the srixon comes with matches up well and feels good but will look at playing around with a few others. Hopefully on a monitor

Wenz
18th July 2017, 11:32 AM
$275 for a mint z765 10.5 on fb page.