PDA

View Full Version : M1 Crack Question

Craig_Syd
3rd April 2017, 01:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Purchased M1 back in September, at address on this past Friday I noticed a crack line across the middle of the white section of the crown and the paint is slightly raised on the toe section where the line runs across. To me it lookslike some type of weakness or crack line. I can't get this to pick up in a photograph. I dropped it at Drummond on Saturday they told me they'd get it to Taylormade. This morning they ring me and say there is nothing wrong with it and I basically had to insist that it go to Taylormade for review to which I was threatened that if they do and TM say there is nothing wrong with it I will have to pay $50-$60 to get it back. I'll be arsed if I am putting up with a cracked driver less than 6 months old or paying Taylormade for the privilege of them assessing it.
Anyone else had a similar experience?

Matt 3 Jab
3rd April 2017, 01:37 PM
i believe its a paint issue.

I don't know about having to pay to get it back, but I've read that its not structural its paint.

Having said that if you are not happy, then ring TM yourself and tell them what Drummond told you and get them to clarify the process. You may be able to take it to them direct.

benno_r
3rd April 2017, 01:38 PM
Big problems on the M1. It's a cosmetic flaw, not a structural one. In the US, most get replaced. Local TM are jerks, doubt they will do anything.

Can't do links well at work, but copy and paste this into you browser:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1245452-taylormade-m1-paint-crack-issues/page__st__30#entry12489630

Craig_Syd
3rd April 2017, 01:52 PM
Cosmetic or Structural it is pretty bad to look down at a relatively new driver and see a mark like that when you have been looking after it. Thanks for the link.... Will let you know what happens but the comments above don't fill me with confidence.

Jazz18
3rd April 2017, 05:34 PM
If it's not what you paid for and any part of it is not what you paid for, then the warranty should cover it. If you don't get any joy with it, Fair Trading would no doubt help you out. Drummonds and TM would not be interested in that. Which Drummonds are not helping out? Name and shame Craig if you feel comfortable?

3oneday
3rd April 2017, 06:48 PM
I'm sure what jazz is correct, yes it's not cracked but it isn't what you bought.

Craig_Syd
3rd April 2017, 09:25 PM
Last call they said they'll try TM again and get back to me. If I don't get any joy then yes I'll lodge an ACCC or Fair Trading case and name the shit out of which store it was. I bought 3 Vokey wedges and the driver at the time. I was very surprised to cop an attitude off them.

Jazz18
3rd April 2017, 09:30 PM
Last call they said they'll try TM again and get back to me. If I don't get any joy then yes I'll lodge an ACCC or Fair Trading case and name the shit out of which store it was. I bought 3 Vokey wedges and the driver at the time. I was very surprised to cop an attitude off them.

If I owned the Drummonds store, I'd be pushing TM for a resolution, not hiding behind them. Drummonds are the biggest off course retailer as I understand it so you would think that might have some weight. Good luck with it, don't let them stuff you around. Fair Trading is the go if you need to give them a push. I don't think the ACCC will be helpful here, but I could be wrong.

gameboy
11th April 2017, 03:35 PM
clearly not the first time this has come up. apparently the new ones have a different paint application on the crown

Hard_Pan
11th April 2017, 05:26 PM
I've had issues with various thing including a cracked driver head, a snapped driver shaft and paint coming off a putter insert. Each was resolved without any payment from me. Granted, none of these were TM products but the rules are the same.

Re DG referring you to deal with TM, that is wrong. Under Australian Consumer Law, your contract (which came into force when you purchased the product from them), is with DG and they are legally obliged to deal with you about the issue and not palm you off to a third party. Bottom line is the product needs to be 'fit for purpose'. If paint is coming off through normal use, that is not good enough.

If DG are sticking in their heels I would write a letter addressed to the store manager explaining what the issue is and detailing what you are seeking to remedy the situation. The letter should also include a line that says words to the effect that you seek a remedy within seven days business days. I would then go into the store, ask to speak to the Manager and try to sort it with them. If still no go, as you are about to leave, hand them the letter.

I would also call your local consumer affairs branch and report the issue with them.

Bottom line (and you can tell this to the Manager if they get uppity), is if they don't resolve it, you will take this to the small claims court where not only will they have to face fixing the problem but paying court costs as well.

Good luck.

cratcliffe
12th April 2017, 04:04 PM
Hard Pan is spot on your rights are covered under Aus Consumer Law. The Checkout (on ABC) did great episode on it last week. Should still be in iview. It might give you some good 'ammunition' next time you speak to DG

pauly
18th April 2017, 05:26 PM
have had one replaced with almost that exact issue through TM Aus, they sent a 2017 head to replace a 2016.

Jazz18
18th April 2017, 06:12 PM
have had one replaced with almost that exact issue through TM Aus, they sent a 2017 head to replace a 2016.

It's sounding more like the Drummonds is the problem here than TM. How did you go with this in the end Craig_Syd? I'm curious to see how you went with it.

Craig_Syd
20th April 2017, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys,

Just back rom the store now, I got a email yesterday telling me my club was ready for pick up. They have given me a new 2017 model as a replacement, I asked what the story was but they didn't have anything on file from TM just a note stang that "it was replaced at no cost". The guys at Drummond have always been great when I've been in there and they were great today, I'm not sure who was the guy that actually called me that day but I can rate the guys in store. Will see how this one goes!

benno_r
20th April 2017, 12:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Just back rom the store now, I got a email yesterday telling me my club was ready for pick up. They have given me a new 2017 model as a replacement, I asked what the story was but they didn't have anything on file from TM just a note stang that "it was replaced at no cost". The guys at Drummond have always been great when I've been in there and they were great today, I'm not sure who was the guy that actually called me that day but I can rate the guys in store. Will see how this one goes!

Good outcome. Got to be happy with that.

Jazz18
20th April 2017, 01:09 PM
Hi Guys,Just back rom the store now, I got a email yesterday telling me my club was ready for pick up. They have given me a new 2017 model as a replacement, I asked what the story was but they didn't have anything on file from TM just a note stang that "it was replaced at no cost". The guys at Drummond have always been great when I've been in there and they were great today, I'm not sure who was the guy that actually called me that day but I can rate the guys in store. Will see how this one goes!Excellent result. Great to hear.

Jazz18
20th April 2017, 02:32 PM
Hi Guys,Just back rom the store now, I got a email yesterday telling me my club was ready for pick up. They have given me a new 2017 model as a replacement, I asked what the story was but they didn't have anything on file from TM just a note stang that "it was replaced at no cost". The guys at Drummond have always been great when I've been in there and they were great today, I'm not sure who was the guy that actually called me that day but I can rate the guys in store. Will see how this one goes!Excellent result. Great to hear.

Kaniss
3rd May 2017, 08:39 AM
TM are good with replacements. They gave me a brand new R1 when my R11 was faulty. No questions asked.