PDA

View Full Version : Aussies winning everything... MVP for 2006 so far is.......

Fishman Dan
20th June 2006, 11:40 AM
Mickelson? The American's will bend in opinion, but never break.. :roll:

http://www.pgatour.com/story/9515065][/url]

There was big-hitting J.B. Holmes’ stunning seven-stroke win at the FBR Open and the spectacular chip on the 72nd hole that gave the meandering Chris Couch his first PGA TOUR victory at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.

Tim Herron found the winner’s circle for the first time in seven years and a week later, Jeff Maggert ended a victory drought that stretched to 1999. Not to mention, Australians won so many events it seemed like the TOUR had taken up residence Down Under.

With all due respect to one of those Aussies, U.S. Open champion Geoff Ogilvy, though, the MVP of the first half of the PGA TOUR season was -- hands down -- Phil Mickelson.

Jarro
20th June 2006, 11:59 AM
typical bloody centre-of-the-universe stuff from the septic's :evil:

I hope the Aussies win a boatload more tournaments this year and show the Americans they are not the be-all and end-all.

Lefty is a great player, as is Tiger .... but come on, a little recognition please :roll:

PeteyD
20th June 2006, 12:10 PM
I don't think the fat man has missed a cut yet. That must be their reasoning??

Courty
20th June 2006, 12:11 PM
As stated elsewhere, they are ignoring the fact that they only have 3 in the top 10. Typical one-eyed 'we are the world' ignorance. :razz:
All of their major sporting leagues are being inundated by foreign players. The time is going to come (soon hopefully) when they reach breaking point and realise that they aren't the best at everything. :roll:

Jarro
20th June 2006, 12:12 PM
gimme the South Africans and our guys any day.

At least we play on the World Stage.

Courty
20th June 2006, 12:15 PM
I have read somewhere that the yanks don't play abroad much because the conditions aren't as favourable. They can't handle the windy European courses with their high ballflights. Boohoo :cry:

Hopefully a few more seppo's can get squeezed out of the top 10.

PeteyD
20th June 2006, 12:21 PM
It'd be nice to see the end of the Amerocentric thinking. But it is still THE tour to be on, and they have so many events.

I'd like to see a tour here again, but that may just be a pipe dream unless we can get some asian tour events ...

McMw
20th June 2006, 12:23 PM
so what - let them say what they wanna say - results speaks for themselves... :D

Toolish
20th June 2006, 12:37 PM
Best part with the world rankings is, as the Aussies rise up the world ranking points associated with any oz tour events will also rise as the field becomes stronger...therefore meaning more Aussie players (and internationals who choose to travel) can get more world ranking points out of playing Aussie events.

Thet may help encourage the south africans to drop over for the aussie open...maybe even a yank or two.

raidrboy
20th June 2006, 12:45 PM
I just read that James Nittes won the Cheadin Landing Open on the U.S. Hooters tour on Sunday. Just a bit more salt in the Yanks wounds.

Moe Norman
20th June 2006, 01:32 PM
I'd have to agree that Phil is player of the year to this point with Geoff running a close second and Apples potentially in 3rd place.

Phil won the Bell South by 13 strokes, won the masters and runner up at the US Open and hasn't missed a cut.