PDA

View Full Version : Nambour GC, Saturday June 24, 7:12am

AndyP
19th June 2006, 08:59 PM
I'm staying on the Sunshine Coast this coming weekend, and will be looking to have a hit around the home course.

The competition format is Par (according to the online fixture). I know some people don't like it, but I've never actually played it in a single event before, so it should be interesting.

Visitors comp cost is usually $19.50.

I haven't booked anything yet, and am not sure what sort of times would be left on the timesheet. I would be aiming for somewhere around 8am, but I'm flexible.

Anyone else want to play?

To attend, click here:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&ea=attend&e=54

To view calendar entry:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=54&day=2006-6-24

------------------

Results:

Choppa +1
AndyP 0
AndyLo -3
Jarro -4
Goughy -6

goughy
19th June 2006, 09:38 PM
We'll be up at the inlaws this weekend too atm. I'll work on the boss but I don't think I'll get in a game. Would be up for a coffee somewhere if you and the fam are interested??

AndyP
19th June 2006, 09:40 PM
Come on, play a round on the Coast. Don't be a tease.
Hit off at 8-ish, back home to the family by 1. You know it makes sense.

Jarro
20th June 2006, 08:09 AM
i won't commit just yet (shudup BrisVegas) but i'm pretty keen to play in this.

will know either way in a couple of days. When is the cutoff point AndyP ?

BrisVegas
20th June 2006, 08:14 AM
i won't commit just yet (shudup BrisVegas) but i'm pretty keen to play in this.

Geez, a little touchy are we.... ?? :-o

So, are you playing Gailes on the 2nd?? :smt002 :-D

AndyP
20th June 2006, 08:14 AM
will know either way in a couple of days. When is the cutoff point AndyP ?
I could give them a ring to see how full the timesheet is, I guess. I really don't know these days, as they have a lot more members than they used to.

andylo
20th June 2006, 08:47 AM
AP can you check the time sheet 1st. I am kinda keen but time is a issue this week.

AndyP
20th June 2006, 08:48 AM
AP can you check the time sheet 1st. What time is your preference?

andylo
20th June 2006, 08:53 AM
8 or earlier.

andylo
20th June 2006, 08:53 AM
By the way P, what is PAR format? Shot as much PAR as you can?

AndyP
20th June 2006, 08:56 AM
Pluses or minuses. If you beat your handicap par on a hole you get a plus, if you don't it's a minus, matching it won't affect your score.

Jarro
20th June 2006, 08:57 AM
let us know how full the timesheet is please AndyP

andylo
20th June 2006, 08:57 AM
So does it game format will update golflink handicap?

AndyP
20th June 2006, 09:07 AM
So does it game format will update golflink handicap?
Yes

andylo
20th June 2006, 09:25 AM
Cool :)

AndyP
20th June 2006, 09:27 AM
Full group of four booked for 7:12am.
AndyP
goughy
jarro
andylo

If the some of the pencils are erased, then there were other options for groups of two.

Jarro
20th June 2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks AndyP

andylo
20th June 2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks AP :)

Choppa
20th June 2006, 10:10 AM
Put me down for 1st reserve.

AndyP
20th June 2006, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't have thought you were allowed to play golf two weekends in a row.....

If we can get a sixth definite, I'll book a two somewhere near our tee time.

Choppa
20th June 2006, 12:25 PM
[quote=AndyP]I wouldn't have thought you were allowed to play golf two weekends in a row.....
[quote]

Please, I wear the pants in my relationship........when Leanne puts them out for me.:oops:

BrisWesty
20th June 2006, 01:11 PM
Just saw this, could have been third round of the matchplay, but I think I need to pick up my game and AndyP needs to drop back again! ;-)

I even think that Mrs BW was free to look after the kiddies that morning.

Choppa, does Leanne really make you go round without trousers?

AndyP
20th June 2006, 01:13 PM
Westy, you can still put your name down if you want. It's better that we play our matchplay on a neutral course, and we've got until the end of August anyway.

Choppa
20th June 2006, 01:14 PM
Choppa, does Leanne really make you go round without trousers?

Only when we have guests.

Jarro
21st June 2006, 09:17 AM
i'm in :mrgreen:

Choppa
21st June 2006, 12:16 PM
i'm in :mrgreen:

Damn......I was wanting your spot :-D

AndyP
21st June 2006, 01:35 PM
Still waiting for goughy to confirm, have no idea if Westy was interested or not. So we could have anywhere from 4 to 6 players.

BrisWesty
21st June 2006, 09:03 PM
PMed Andy, I'm out.

macleod
22nd June 2006, 03:25 PM
say, how far is the club from the train station?

AndyP
22nd June 2006, 03:31 PM
say, how far is the club from the train station?
Not sure exactly. It would be a long enough walk, as the train central is central and the golf club is on the northern outskirts.

And if you are planning on catching a train there, would one even get into Nambour that early?

If you can make it, I'll book a couple of extra spots in the field and shuffle the groupings around.

goughy
22nd June 2006, 07:18 PM
Had a look at qrail and dosen't seem to be any trains arriving at nambour in time for golf.

macleod
23rd June 2006, 09:33 AM
oh well.

as of this morning i am out...

have an awesome day guys!

AndyP
23rd June 2006, 09:37 AM
Aahh, crap. I just booked for six. No other way to get there, Macca?

7:12a
AndyP
andylo
goughy
macleod (?)

7:20a (10th)
jarro
Choppa

andylo
23rd June 2006, 09:45 AM
Macca if transport is a problem I can pick you up on the way :)

Jarro
23rd June 2006, 10:13 AM
can we do two groups of three if we get six AndyP ???

AndyP
23rd June 2006, 10:49 AM
Possibly. Regardless, Macca has told me he is out anyway. So we are a three and a two.

Jarro
23rd June 2006, 10:51 AM
okey dokey.

is it a full field ??

AndyP
23rd June 2006, 10:57 AM
Usually is a big field these days. Sounded like it was pretty full around the time we are playing. They actually created a new timeslot on the 10th Tee when I booked the extra two spots.

Why do you ask?

Choppa
23rd June 2006, 11:30 AM
Jarro, if you wanna join back up with the other 3 guys, then I'll just give this one a miss. It's ok.

Jarro
23rd June 2006, 12:03 PM
no Choppa, i was asking because i might be able to bring a mate ... that's all ;)

He hasn't confirmed as yet so i'd say he's doubtful anyway, i was just waiting to see if AndyP got any more takers.

I'll gladly play in your group if you still wanna play.

Choppa
23rd June 2006, 12:12 PM
Oh, ok then.

I am in. 7:20 it is.

AndyP
23rd June 2006, 12:13 PM
jarro, as your group was newly created, you guys were the only two in it. So that leaves the spots open for two others at the club to take. That may or may not happen on the last day before the comp.

As it stands we have 5 people and 6 spots definitely booked.

Jarro
23rd June 2006, 05:53 PM
AndyP, when will you be heading to Nambour ?

just wondering if we should have a quick hook-up in the chatroom early tomorrow morning, to see what the weather is doing ;)

goughy
23rd June 2006, 08:21 PM
just arrived in sunny bli bli and it's raining. I'll probably be up at 5 and heading off around 6 to warm up, so we can easily meet in the chat.

AndyP
23rd June 2006, 08:23 PM
I'm in Mooloolaba now. No rain here today, not raining now.
Forecast tomorrow isn't overly friendly, but what can you do?

Jarro
23rd June 2006, 08:33 PM
cya's in the chatroom around 5 for a pre-game buildup ;)

AndyP
23rd June 2006, 08:37 PM
I'll probably just see you there.

BrisWesty
23rd June 2006, 09:29 PM
Have fun guys

BrisWesty
24th June 2006, 05:49 AM
It's not raining folks.

Jarro
24th June 2006, 01:11 PM
well, it did rain on us for most of the round.

AndyP has the scores and will post them no doubt, i hit the ball poorly today and scored -4 :(

took some pics from the day .....

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7563/ozgolfers0225wy.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ozgolfers0225wy.jpg)http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/478/ozgolfers0191js.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ozgolfers0191js.jpg)http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/4051/ozgolfers0203ns.th.jpg (http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ozgolfers0203ns.jpg)http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5565/ozgolfers0219bm.th.jpg (http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ozgolfers0219bm.jpg)

AndyP
24th June 2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks a lot for the great day, gents. I really enjoyed it, as it had a social game feel to it.

Choppa, jarro, goughy and myself ended up playing in a group, as one Mr. Lo had not turned up. Apparently he got there about 5-10mins after tee-off and ended up playing in a group hitting off the first tee.

We dawdled around the course at our own pace (noone behind us), and A-Lo ended up waiting for us to finish.
Weather was drizzly for 11 or so of the holes, but after that it turned out pretty fine (and still is now).

Funniest thing from the day was jarro hitting his ball during a practice putt on the 12th (our 3rd).

Here are the scores (Par format) from the day:

Choppa +1
AndyP 0
AndyLo -3
Jarro -4
Goughy -6
Sorry Vegas, I couldn't stop Choppa from winning another one. He snuck under the radar today, as the focus was on my form early.

Not sure what to think of the par format. It's quite frustrating while playing it, as it seems so harsh to be marking a minus for a bogey. Looking back at my scorecard though, it was more friendly than if it had of been stroke.
What's the verdict for the rest of you?

BTW Clubhouse leader for A-grade (0-12) was +11. You have got to be ****ing kidding me.....

Choppa
24th June 2006, 04:40 PM
Show me the money.

Yeah it was a really enjoyable day today. No pressure, we just wandered around.

The highlight for the day was actually Andy's shoes. If my internet connection ever returns to full strength I will post some pictures.

Thanks for the game folks, it was fun.

And Alo.......slow down ;)

AndyP
24th June 2006, 05:03 PM
The highlight for the day was actually Andy's shoes. If my internet connection ever returns to full strength I will post some pictures.

We could take guesses on how old they are.

Where's your pictures of the shoes, jarro?

That's a nice pic looking down the 7th for your shot, Choppa.
The shot of me was after my tee-shot on the 9th, when it seemed to go OOB, but kick back in.
Goughy's was after his umpteenth shot on the 9th also.

Grunt
24th June 2006, 05:26 PM
AndyP

Par is dead set the hardest game of all the adaptations. No rewards for good holes & very hard to get the lost shots back.

terryand
24th June 2006, 05:51 PM
Par, a single figure markers saviour against you burglars :mrgreen:

Terry.

Choppa
24th June 2006, 05:53 PM
I dunno Tezza, An A grader got +11. :shock: That's bloody hard to fathom I reckon.

3oneday
24th June 2006, 05:59 PM
Funniest thing from the day was jarro hitting his ball during a practice putt on the 12th (our 3rd)....oh, that's got some mileage in it ;)

Useless old prick, what did he do, slip off his walking stick mid stroke ???

:lol:

goughy
24th June 2006, 06:17 PM
We actually thought he'd shanked it at first. And nice pic of my butt as I'm walking up to the green. I'm looking for the moons floating around it in orbit.

Haven't played par for a long time, and jury is still out. I was more so enjoying the day than worrying about the format. I never figured I was gonna trouble the scores for the day.

Biggest mistake - bung knee and unfit from lack of golf I decide to carry a half set. took out the 2,3,5,7,9 irons. all par 3's bar 2 were 7 irons for me, one was a 3 iron and the other was a 3/4 gap wedge. The 3/4 gap was my only gir for the day. Felt like I was trying to manufacture shots all day: hitting harder or softer, and it didn't work.
Driver went pretty good for me.

My moment of the day - 1st hole, driver into tree (close tree), 6 iron off severe down slope, 3 wood to front edge of green. Don't think I pared it but with my putting I'm not surprised.

Had a great day, and considering it's cost and how close it is to our future house nambour is on a very short list of clubs I would consider joining up here when I move (List currently includes: Nambour).

Thanks again for the day guys. Had a ball.

Jarro
24th June 2006, 07:28 PM
oh, that's got some mileage in it ;)

Useless old prick, what did he do, slip off his walking stick mid stroke ???

:lol:

I blame the putter, it wayy too wide :mrgreen:

Choppa
24th June 2006, 08:59 PM
And we didn't laugh at you at all ;)

Jarro
24th June 2006, 09:03 PM
thanks mate :oops:

AndyP
25th June 2006, 12:53 PM
Today's paper says that the CCR was 2 under, 66. +11 won A grade by 5.

Choppa
25th June 2006, 01:02 PM
Geez, didn't we really suck then.

AndyP
25th June 2006, 01:11 PM
In our case, for nine holes, yes.

AndyP
25th June 2006, 01:24 PM
Nambour continue their good record of getting visitor's scores into golflink. All of our cards are in, and we've all gone out 0.1 except Choppa.

goughy
25th June 2006, 02:22 PM
12hc here I come. Should be there by june next year (at my current rate of play ;) ).

Still had a good day guys. Hope it's not too long to my next one. Especially now that the driver is working ok (except twice when I tried to land the ball on the moon on the horizon), and also that 3 wood. Don't know where it's performance came from, but I was loving it. Funny thing was I was going to ask for some club advice on the 3 wood. I've been thinking of replacing the warbird with something that gets the ball up in the air more, but after saturday I think it's firmly in place. Even the one I hit into the trees went there because I happened to be aiming at them.

Still gotta learn to pull my head in a bit at times and not bite off more than I can chew.

And I'll need to get fitter to carry my bag around that course. I don't want to carry a half bag in a comp again. Nothing worse than hitting 3/4 shots half the time. I'm not good enough to pull that off.

Jarro
25th June 2006, 02:56 PM
thanks again for the day AndyP, Goughy and Choppa. I'll return to play Nambour again when Goughy joins ;)

.. only if it's not raining though :evil:

BrisVegas
26th June 2006, 08:43 AM
Choppa +1
AndyP 0
AndyLo -3
Jarro -4
Goughy -6
Sorry Vegas, I couldn't stop Choppa from winning another one. He snuck under the radar today, as the focus was on my form early.

Well played Justin. Want me to bring the POTY gold-painted wood to Gailes next week? I'm keeping the hat though... I'm sure you won't want it.

AndyP - I'm curious to know what you planned to do to choppa to "stop" him from winning this one???!!! Maybe you should just focus on your own game...

AndyP
26th June 2006, 08:57 AM
AndyP - I'm curious to know what you planned to do to choppa to "stop" him from winning this one???!!!
By having a better score than him, duh.

Plus, Chops is mentally fragile on the course. A reminder here and there of those putts he continually leaves short would be enough to push him over the edge.

Jarro
26th June 2006, 12:19 PM
Tee-to-green Choppa was pretty solid though 8) ... he's still coming to terms with the Phantom though .... he's not fully aware of its powers yet :p

i want that driver of his tested for it's legality though :-s

Choppa
26th June 2006, 12:29 PM
Bloody Perci sold me a dud :mrgreen:

I dunno about being mentally fragile though. I am betting money that every time Jarro has a practice swing on the green he is thinking about hitting his ball :mrgreen:.

Jarro
26th June 2006, 12:32 PM
:-$ :-#