PDA

View Full Version : Epic Sub Zero ball flight

BUSHY
15th March 2017, 12:19 PM
I've seen a lot of info on the interweb pointing to the fact this driver is slightly fade biased. I'm yet to get my hands on one to demo but if anyone has used it can they confirm one way or another if there is any bias at all?

Thanks.

hardboiled
15th March 2017, 12:23 PM
I've got a 9 degree SZ with a GD GP shaft.
Looks pretty square at address to me.
I can turn it over no probs so I don't its fade biased.

Wenz
15th March 2017, 12:47 PM
From reading wrx and watching youtube reviews.
Lots of people have mixed opinions.

Alot of the big names on wrx are saying they pull everything straight left with the sz
Where as youtube reviewers eg crossfield and shiels are showing definite fade bias.

BUSHY
15th March 2017, 01:14 PM
Yeah that's what I'm seeing. Crossfield definitely has a neutral path and I respect his opinion probably more so that the WRX crowd.

I'm liking the thought that it sits square to open and has a little fade bias in it. Hope to hit one tomorrow arvo and see for myself.

perci
15th March 2017, 04:04 PM
Nudgee has one and hits it like a Dart, I'm yet to hit mine!

dM.
16th March 2017, 03:53 AM
When Rick hits fades with it, you know its definitely has a fade bias.

perci
16th March 2017, 08:46 PM
Hit mine today felt, great and went quite well , it might just be me but I found it less Fade Bias with the heavy Weight in the forward position!

nudgee
16th March 2017, 09:01 PM
I play mine with heavy weight forward and it is not fade biased for me
I have now played about 12 rounds with this driver - 6 of them at king island and this driver has finally allowed me to get my confidence and length back with a driver

Word of warning - I tried 6 shafts before one really sang with this head. I nearly gave up.

BUSHY
16th March 2017, 09:02 PM
I play mine with heavy weight forward and it is not fade biased for me
I have now played about 12 rounds with this driver - 6 of them at king island and this driver has finally allowed me to get my confidence and length back with a driver

Word of warning - I tried 6 shafts before one really sang with this head. I nearly gave up.

What were the shafts?

nudgee
16th March 2017, 09:06 PM
Stockie t800
Tour ad mt 7
Tour ad dj
TP7HDE
Hzrdus Black
What worked was a diamana blueboard 83 Stiff - old school - $89 brand new

BUSHY
16th March 2017, 09:08 PM
That's interesting to hear. What's the head weight of it??

JADO75
16th March 2017, 09:25 PM
The fade bias reviews scared me, so I went & got the standard Epic today. I'll put a bunch of shafts in rotation to see what's doing but with the weather the way it is in Sydney at the moment it might not be until next week before I get a chance to really test it out.

BUSHY
16th March 2017, 09:31 PM
Normally would scare me too but I have been turning the driver over way too easily.

After hitting a certain Tour pro's M2 which appeared to sit slightly open at address I've been looking for something similar. I can work with a fade, hate the hook.

sfdoddsy
18th March 2017, 08:47 AM
I have an Epic and a Subzero and the SZ is definitely more fade biased for me.

BUSHY
19th March 2017, 09:21 AM
Finally hit one yesterday and I like it. Sits just like I want it to but was hard to judge the flight because the demo grip felt like a pencil. Couldnt get comfortable but i hit more fades than straight. Plus I need to check the stock length because its a good 2-3 inches longer than my gamer.