PDA

View Full Version : Reunion and guest day Olinda Golf Club

Grumpy8
12th March 2017, 04:56 PM
Olinda golf club who now play out of Beaconhills golf club are holding a reunion day on sat 8 th of April.
The club is looking for any past members of either emerald or Olinda golf clubs .
They would like you to reconnect and come along for a game .
Guests are also welcome , so for anyone that is thinking of joining a club or changing clubs you are welcome to come along and see what Olinda g c has to offer
Info is on their website Olindagolfclub.org.au
Or pm me

Grumpy8
20th March 2017, 07:37 PM
Just bumping this , Olinda are a good group of guys and gals so if you have an interest in joining a club or you where a member of emerald or Olinda get along it will be a good day

Lagerlover
20th March 2017, 07:47 PM
Will there be beer and yellow food?

Grumpy8
20th March 2017, 08:15 PM
Beer yes yellow food ??

Lagerlover
20th March 2017, 08:33 PM
Anything lightly poached in beef tallow mate?

Grumpy8
20th March 2017, 08:37 PM
The food at the club is pretty good actually

Lagerlover
20th March 2017, 08:42 PM
If it's fried it'd be better.

Can I use 3pp's $30 credit voucher?

Grumpy8
20th March 2017, 09:22 PM
Don't think so

Grumpy8
20th March 2017, 09:28 PM
There is a good deal going on green fees for the day

JoeS
20th March 2017, 10:02 PM
Would love to,but Saturday's are no good for me.Mate said he saw a good size snake on the lakes course mid last week as well,but can't remember what hole it was.

Grumpy8
21st March 2017, 01:03 PM
Snakes aren't my favourite things to encounter on course

Grumpy8
1st April 2017, 10:39 PM
Numbers seem like they are good for this .have booked a cart and going to attempt to play

Grumpy8
7th April 2017, 07:26 PM
Playing in this tomorrow, field is pretty full , haven't swung a club for a month in a comp , not suppose to be swinging one tomorrow either . Had a hit Monday arvo played a couple holes then spent two days in pain managed 3 hrs sleep over the two nights .
Not confident but want to play and catch up with some old members.
Will then be my last game for sometime I think

Grumpy8
10th April 2017, 10:33 AM
The reunion day was a great success, lots of ex members , was good to catch up with guys I use to golf with .the winner of the ladies comp was a lady from one of my beginners clinics so that was good to see . My golf was better than expected , started with two three pointers and then held on to have 18 points for the nine . Second nine was a lot different, think painkillers wore off as I only had 6 pts for the first 6 holes , a lightning storm rolled in and the day was over . Was actually thankful as I didn't want to play anymore golf .
Am still in a fair bit of pain so I think I have played my last game of golf for sometime.

JoeS
10th April 2017, 04:12 PM
The reunion day was a great success, lots of ex members , was good to catch up with guys I use to golf with .the winner of the ladies comp was a lady from one of my beginners clinics so that was good to see . My golf was better than expected , started with two three pointers and then held on to have 18 points for the nine . Second nine was a lot different, think painkillers wore off as I only had 6 pts for the first 6 holes , a lightning storm rolled in and the day was over . Was actually thankful as I didn't want to play anymore golf .
Am still in a fair bit of pain so I think I have played my last game of golf for sometime.
Have you tried electro therapy on your back.I have one that I use on my neck,it gets sore from time to time and the electrotherapy helps to loosen the muscles and relieve the pain.

Glad to hear it was a successful day for Olinda and it's members

Grumpy8
10th April 2017, 08:11 PM
Have you tried electro therapy on your back.I have one that I use on my neck,it gets sore from time to time and the electrotherapy helps to loosen the muscles and relieve the pain.Glad to hear it was a successful day for Olinda and it's membersWill look into the electro therapy, , what I have is calcification of some vertebrae in my spine and the ligaments where they all connect to the spine So when everything is warmed up and working it isn't to bad but at night everything cools and contracts the pain gets pretty intense so lack of sleep is a big issue at the moment am lucky if I get two hrs a night .massage hot showers , heat packs help to calm things down . Painkillers don't work unless they are strong and then there are side effects if I go too hard on them.Golf certainly aggravates it , so chipping and putting might be about it for me until I can control the pain .Was very happy for Olinda they are a great bunch of people am going to try and stay involved . I will also look at volunteering for beaconhills doing what I can course work wise .

Lagerlover
10th April 2017, 08:34 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcutaneous_electrical_nerve_stimulation