PDA

View Full Version : World cup footy show special - I'm disgusted

goughy
18th June 2006, 08:46 PM
Just flicked on this to see jim kerr and simple minds cranking it out. Until jim lifts his hands (holding mike) above his head to clap and the final line he sings before an instrumental break still plays. I'm peeved they used a backing track. Then of course the usual fade out of the music at the end confirms it.

Now I'm gonna have to go back and scrutinise my simple minds concert dvd to look for any of this. MAN :smt087

3oneday
18th June 2006, 09:00 PM
I'd rather be watching the CSI shows....

Grunt
18th June 2006, 09:24 PM
Totally not watching it, watching the motoGP real soon, the 125's & 250's so far

terryand
18th June 2006, 09:37 PM

Ditto.....But a Bond flick with Halle it will have to do :smt050

Terry.

Courty
18th June 2006, 09:59 PM
They just showed tape of the altercation that Sam Newman got into the day before at the pub. Some short little aussie guy was calling Sam all sorts of unsavoury names (can you blame him?) and then spat on Sam (going too far now). Sam retaliated with a jab to the head. It was the weakest open-handed reverse-slap I have ever seen. If he's going to continue to insult people like he does, he's going to need to learn how to fight better. Funny stuff, though.

Moe Norman
18th June 2006, 10:02 PM
the guy is over 60 and had a torn hamstring, does he need need to go to boxing classes as well?

Courty
18th June 2006, 10:12 PM
He would make slightly less of a fool of himself than he does currently. :neutral:

PRC
18th June 2006, 10:21 PM
Maybe he needs another facelift? That segment from years ago where David Schwarz smashed Newman is an all time classic though.

It's a bit rich that 9, who've never shown any interest in soccer, are jumping on the bandwagon. They're using a bunch of AFL idiots to try to get some association with the World Cup. It's pathetic. I hope Australian's are smart enough to give it the wide berth it deserves.

But I did love Eddie's line on the ad "Watch the lead up to the big game on 9". Okay sure Eddie, when do we turn it over to SBS so we can actually watch the game? Moron.

raidrboy
18th June 2006, 10:42 PM

I started to watch Sixty minutes tonight until I saw that other channel 9 wanker Ray Martin's head bob up amongst the crowd in Germany. Honestly how did he land a job at the World Cup. He doesn't know his a*** from his elbow when it comes to sport or for that matter interviewing people. With him and Eddie on the screen you wouldn't get a worse double than at Flemington on cup day.

Thank you Austar (Foxtel) I can watch the Golf in the morning without listening to them morons.

Moe Norman
18th June 2006, 11:35 PM
They're using a bunch of AFL idiots to try to get some association with the World Cup. It's pathetic. I hope Australian's are smart enough to give it the wide berth it deserves. and a few league idiots and one union idiot.

Ducky
18th June 2006, 11:37 PM
Sam retaliated with a jab to the head. It was the weakest open-handed reverse-slap I have ever seen.
Funny as hell, it looked like he had a broken wrist.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

AndyP
19th June 2006, 03:01 AM
Avoided this show like the plague. Both footy shows suck. Why would they suck any less in Germany?

goughy
19th June 2006, 06:32 AM
Don't get me wrong. I was channel flicking and came across simple minds. Was peeved at them for using a tape, and that's pretty much the end of my interest. I stuck it out with Mr Bond. And even clikchic asked me what the deal was with halle berry? She dosen't get it.

connico
19th June 2006, 08:01 AM
halle's hot, period/fullstop...

Regardless i caught some of the show, just slapstick larkan aussie humor, nothing to see here, please move on...

Fishman Dan
19th June 2006, 10:47 AM
Don't get me wrong. I was channel flicking and came across simple minds. Was peeved at them for using a tape, and that's pretty much the end of my interest. I stuck it out with Mr Bond. And even clikchic asked me what the deal was with halle berry? She dosen't get it.

That's the worst Bond movie ever made, and Pierce Brosnan should be shot. He is the worst Bond by far. Made worse by the cliche of baddies with machine guns that can't hit a bloke running (like a ****) in the open, yet it's a 1-shot-kill in return.

The movie would have worked as a Superman or X-Men scenario, but as a James Bond movie it plainly sucked, backed up by crap acting, a crap plot, and flagrant product placement.

If they want to cut the cost of their movies (hence limit their need to product placement) - cut down on the explosives! Everything that gets shot in that movie explodes.

PeteyD
19th June 2006, 11:02 AM
I take it you are not a great fan of the modern bond films then Fish?

terryand
19th June 2006, 03:35 PM
How much fun would it have been to race and slide around the ice lake :shock:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
19th June 2006, 03:45 PM
I take it you are not a great fan of the modern bond films then Fish?

Not at all really. Seem to have lost their suaveness, and Pierce Brosnan is terrible. Another bone of contention for me is the sex scene with Halle (pun intended) in Die Another Day - 3+ minutes of luvvy-duvvy garbage and dim lights, whereas classic Bond movies were suggestive and crude moreso than visual.

The funniest part in the whole movie last night is when the N. Korean lad is examining the diamonds, while all hell is breaking loose around him; cars, buildings, people being blown to bits all around him, while he silently studied the contents of a briefcase in the wide-open :roll:

Jarro
19th June 2006, 03:46 PM
i can't believe you guys actually watched a Footy Show :-s

McCoy
20th June 2006, 06:20 AM
Here's hoping the Footy Show stays in Germany permanently - with Eddie McGuire.

Mel Gibson running after cars in one of the Lethal Weapon films has to be one of the most stupid film moments.
As for the Bond films they haven't had a good villain since Jaws, and Bond has become a metrosexual.

goughy
20th June 2006, 06:34 AM
And now he's blond too.

BTW, major bond fan here. Saw You Only Live Twice when I was like 5 and have been hooked since. Had seen the movies over 100 times combined by the time I was 17. As a kid Moore was king, but as I mature Connery rules (with the exception of Never Say Never, the tacky remake of Thunderball).

Virgal_Tracy
20th June 2006, 01:23 PM
Sundays papers said that James Brayshaw from the AFL footy show was ****ed off thaty Eddie took his first class trip to Germany for the show. Eddie said sorry by giving him a bottle of Grange as a piece offering.

First class trip to germany or bottle of grange. Hard choice

McCoy
20th June 2006, 05:09 PM
I'll admit to being a Bond fan too. Ever since I saw the start of "The spy who loved me", and that's still my favourite Bond film. It's such a camp ski chase down the hill, shots of Moore skiiing that are obvious fakes, Bond flies off the cliff so it looks like he's a goner and then ........ the parachute with the Union Jack on it opens up. Brilliantly done.
Can't belive they got "Pussy Galore" past the censors of the 1960s either.

I thought Brosnan was an alright Bond, but Goldeneye was the only decent film he appeared in - the others were turkeys.

Fishman Dan
21st June 2006, 09:56 AM
I'll admit to being a Bond fan too. Ever since I saw the start of "The spy who loved me", and that's still my favourite Bond film. It's such a camp ski chase down the hill

.. and the classic quote as the baddy goes into the snow-plough..

Bond: He's got guts.. [nonchalantly ski's away]