PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Loft and Lie Machine

YonexMan
8th March 2017, 10:30 AM
Anyone got a loft and lie machine that they are thinking about selling?

Looking at buying one as living in Tamworth, the nearest loft and lie machine is either in Newcastle or a drive across to the Drummond shop at Port Macquarie. Both of which mean at least a 7+ hour return trip drive, which really doesn't interest me.

Not that I do a lot of adjustment at present, but when I do want to adjust the clubs or even check them over, it is a painful drive.

Hence I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a loft and lie machine for myself, being that neither pro-shop in Tamworth at both golf clubs has one.

chappy1970
8th March 2017, 11:17 AM
Always staggers me when golf service providers i.e. Pro shops and retailers don't have this capability, for all intents and purposes, for a captive audience

Would pay for itself quote quickly i would assume

Captain Nemo
8th March 2017, 11:35 AM
Always staggers me when golf service providers i.e. Pro shops and retailers don't have this capability, for all intents and purposes, for a captive audience

Would pay for itself quote quickly i would assume
Agree, even in the city there are bugger all around...

YonexMan
8th March 2017, 11:46 AM
Totally agree.

One of the local pro shops just sends the clubs back to the Australian Distributors to be adjusted.

The other pro shop said that they have only ever had less than a handful of enquiries about adjust the loft and lie angles - so they don't want to do to the expense of buying a loft and lie machine.

I can't seem to find any businesses in Australia that keep stock of a loft and lie machine - all have said they would order from over seas... Heck, I can do that for myself.

So if someone has one for sale, especially if it is Sydney or Newcastle, I'm happy to go for a drive and pick it up - providing that it is a decent machine in working condition.

Steve57
8th March 2017, 12:10 PM
Not sure whether you have tried this guy?
Also not sure whether he just buys in from overseas to order.

http://www.aussiecustomgolf.com.au/club-making-supplies/lie-loft-altering-tools

Some guys on the Forum have had problems with him but my dealings with him have all been fine.
He is in Newcastle.

YonexMan
8th March 2017, 01:35 PM
Not sure whether you have tried this guy?
Also not sure whether he just buys in from overseas to order.

http://www.aussiecustomgolf.com.au/club-making-supplies/lie-loft-altering-tools

Some guys on the Forum have had problems with him but my dealings with him have all been fine.
He is in Newcastle.

Yep, Have had dealings with Garry before. No problems either. Recently bought my Wishon Sterling irons from him. Just now waiting for the 4 iron to turn up.

He can order me a basic loft and lie machine in. But was hoping that there might be something more mid-range perhaps that someone on the forum would be interested in selling.

RobNewy
8th March 2017, 02:55 PM
Yonex,
I have applied for a job in Tamworth.
Which is the better course to join?

YonexMan
8th March 2017, 03:41 PM
Yonex,
I have applied for a job in Tamworth.
Which is the better course to join?

Depends on the type of golf you like to play. I used to be a member at Longyard GC. It is a Links style course with, usually a lot of tall dry (at least waist high) grass around the edges of the fairways, so you need to be able to keep the ball on the fairway no matter what. Also lots of water and also big deep bunkers around the greens. The other thing is you need to watch out for brown snakes on the course. Hence I have lost a lot of golf balls on that course as I don't go walking too far into the tall grass during summer as I have already nearly stepped on several 6 foot long brown snakes, as has my son as well. Challenging course though. Fairways are rather dry and hard packed all the time. Greens are fast. I had not played there since about November last year. Played there a few days ago with a friend, visiting from Canberra. They had mowed all the grass down due to complaints from members - but from my experience - they will just let it all grow back again.

I am now a member at Tamworth GC. Which is your Park Garden style course. Beautiful fairways which are soft based. Which I prefer as after 18 holes at the Longyard, I have a sore lower back and my feet are killing me. Tamworth - no such problem. The course is challenging and so are the greens - you need to read the slope, the grain and the natural fall of the land to putt well. All fairways are tree lined and the line is thick in some places - but you can usually find your ball (I have yet to lose a ball at Tamworth) and can usually punch out from under the trees.

So depends on what sort of course you like playing.

I prefer Tamworth.. For, I'm not as good as my son who plays off 6. So, if I have a bad day, the Longyard GC tends to make it worse and it turns my bad round into a nightmare. Especially in summer as I don't feel like dealing with the snakes. Tamworth - my bad rounds - well, I still have a chance to score as I can find the golf ball in the treeline and punch out.

Let me know if you make it up this way and we can go play a few rounds.

RobNewy
8th March 2017, 06:10 PM
Cheers Yonex.
Much appreciated mate.

Both websites are shockers, and not to much other info on the net

benno_r
8th March 2017, 06:15 PM
Cheers Yonex.
Much appreciated mate.

Both websites are shockers, and not to much other info on the net

I played Longyard over Christmas. Definitely 2 different 9s. I assume it was a 9 holer before the Shark was brought in took make 9 more. The new nine is long, and typical Norman, but I quite enjoyed it. The old nine has a few good holes in it, but a few shockers. It was a tough walk. I'd be a member there though (pending price).

graham_w
8th March 2017, 06:15 PM
Check out http://www.golfmechanix.com for loft lie machines. Keep in mind the approx 15% import fees and duties for importing.

YonexMan
8th March 2017, 09:17 PM
I played Longyard over Christmas. Definitely 2 different 9s. I assume it was a 9 holer before the Shark was brought in took make 9 more. The new nine is long, and typical Norman, but I quite enjoyed it. The old nine has a few good holes in it, but a few shockers. It was a tough walk. I'd be a member there though (pending price).

Tamworth GC is cheaper than Longyard GC and is also cheaper on playing fees, which is another reason why I joined there instead. The Longyard is like playing 2 different 9 hole courses. Right now, it isn't the way it normally is, all the grass has been cut. Normally there is waist high tall dry grass, typical of British links courses, lining the edges of the fairways. Fine if you hit straight all the time, but I don't unfortunately

YonexMan
8th March 2017, 09:20 PM
Check out http://www.golfmechanix.com for loft lie machines. Keep in mind the approx 15% import fees and duties for importing.

Thanks. Yes, I looked at the website and even for the basic loft and lie machine with a better quality bending bar with brass jaws, the cost was going to be around $630 Aussie plus the import fees/duties. Hence I thought I would see if someone was thinking about selling one on the forum first..

benno_r
8th March 2017, 09:34 PM
Ebay US has this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golfsmith-Pro-loft-and-lie-/282380710639?hash=item41bf33b2ef:g:0NUAAOSw~AVYuDg E

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golfsmith-Pro-loft-and-lie-/282380710639?hash=item41bf33b2ef:g:0NUAAOSw~AVYuDg E)

chappy1970
9th March 2017, 08:12 AM
Might be expensive to get over here, but this is one of the best.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1451316-Mitchell-Golf-Steelclub-Loft-&-Lie-Machine

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Daves
9th March 2017, 08:22 AM

Is that new? or are your talking about GST for over $1000 purchases? I have bought lots of stuff from Golfmechanix and never paid any duties?

benno_r
9th March 2017, 10:18 AM
Is that new? or are your talking about GST for over $1000 purchases? I have bought lots of stuff from Golfmechanix and never paid any duties?

Got any tips for dealing with them Dave? Thinking now I have 20+ putters, might need a putter bending machine.

3Puttpete
9th March 2017, 10:21 AM
Got any tips for dealing with them Dave? Thinking now I have 20+ putters, might need a putter bending machine.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170308/6fa02bdb94f3a7873635337d9c1fa33b.jpg

Daves
9th March 2017, 10:39 AM

I just registered as a Clubmaker with them. The Owner, Mondher, is usually the one I deal with for any questions, issues etc.

mrbluu
9th March 2017, 12:11 PM
Group buy???😆😆

benno_r
9th March 2017, 12:47 PM
Group buy???😆😆
No, unless you pay all the incurred GST.

graham_w
9th March 2017, 02:27 PM
Is that new? or are your talking about GST for over $1000 purchases? I have bought lots of stuff from Golfmechanix and never paid any duties? Yeah sorry should've been clearer. OP wanted a loft lie machine that wasn't the basic one. Most of the loft lie from golfmechanix will jump you over the AUD1000 (which is including the postage) and you will be up for 10% GST and possibly 5% customs duties (depending on what class the declare the items)

YonexMan
9th March 2017, 04:02 PM
Yeah sorry should've been clearer. OP wanted a loft lie machine that wasn't the basic one. Most of the loft lie from golfmechanix will jump you over the AUD1000 (which is including the postage) and you will be up for 10% GST and possibly 5% customs duties (depending on what class the declare the items)

Yep... Which is why I thought I would post here to see if someone had a Loft and Lie machine they wanted to sell. The most basic one from golfmechanix was going to cost well over $650AUD. Of which there was 100 USD for postage, I picked a brass jaws bending bar which was $106USD and the rest was the basic model Loft and Lie machine.

I'd sooner spend that one something "mid-range" that is older model, but already here in Australia that I can take a drive and go pick up.. but looks like no one has anything for sale.

benno_r
9th March 2017, 04:04 PM
Yep... Which is why I thought I would post here to see if someone had a Loft and Lie machine they wanted to sell. The most basic one from golfmechanix was going to cost well over $650AUD. Of which there was 100 USD for postage, I picked a brass jaws bending bar which was $106USD and the rest was the basic model Loft and Lie machine.

I'd sooner spend that one something "mid-range" that is older model, but already here in Australia that I can take a drive and go pick up.. but looks like no one has anything for sale.
Always try a closing down pro shop. Not sure what golf courses are on the out down your way...

YonexMan
9th March 2017, 06:01 PM
Always try a closing down pro shop. Not sure what golf courses are on the out down your way...

Well, that's the problem.. No pro shops around here have loft and lie machines. That is why I want to buy one for myself.

A few months ago we went over the coast for a few days, Coffs Harbour.. Not even the pro shop there, had a loft and lie machine. Beautiful golf course though. Phoned a few other pro shops and they all said the same thing.. if any club members clubs need adjustment, the pro shop just sends the clubs back to the distributor for adjustment. Means they go without their clubs for a week or more. The only place that had a loft and lie machine over there was House of Golf driving range at Coffs Harbour.

icandy
11th March 2017, 09:20 PM
Have you tried these guys, they are distributors http://www.golfimports.com.au/catalogue.html