PDA

View Full Version : 5 wood shaft weight?

davepuppies
24th February 2017, 03:27 PM
I have had a RIP 80s in my 910 5 wood for years and loved it.

I am building a M1 (as i want my 5 wood to match the driver/3 wood M2) and have a spare AD DI 7s in 3 wood length lying around.

I was going to tip and trim to play at right length, but now i am thinking it might play strange due to weight difference?

What weight do most play in there 5 wood?

Should i try and sway my 7s for a 8s, or will it be ok?

Scifisicko
24th February 2017, 03:34 PM
If the 7s is lying around give it a go? Plenty of 70 gram shafts in fairway woods these days. The OEMs think its good, they are even pumping out hybrids with Pretzels for shafts. Distance is king.

JADO75
24th February 2017, 04:15 PM
I play 70 odd & play it a little longer

Jazz18
24th February 2017, 08:20 PM
I say just give it a go. You might find it works fine. I don't think there's any hard and fast rules about shaft weights. I have Attas 6 stars in my driver and 3 wood and they are both 7s shafts and they go really well. Would like to try the 8s in my 3 wood but can't find one and it works as it is. Really don't need to bother.

Daves
24th February 2017, 09:33 PM
The ADDI 7 is the better model shaft IMO. I prefer it over the 6 versions, and it goes really well in a 3 wood. I don't carry a 5 wood myself, but it will work just as well I reckon. Tip is as you want, you talking a gram difference at the most I reckon. As others have suggested, keep it longer to start with, you can always trim it for length later in need.