PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Golf Days

chappy1970
23rd February 2017, 05:17 PM
I get the opportunity to play in a few Corporate Golf Days in my role, largely due to the fact that there aren't many golfers at work.

Had the pleasure of playing in the Hawthorn FC Corporate Golf Day at the National (Old Course) today.

Each group had a player and I was fortunate enough to spend the day in the cart and play with Jack Gunston. He is a ripping bloke and CAN play the game......

Over lunch we shared the table with another group and they had Roughy with them, he is also a very nice guy. Really down to earth guy and clearly loving life.

I don't follow the "Poo's and Wee's" but they really looked after everyone today.

These pics are for you AndyP

oldracer
23rd February 2017, 05:27 PM
very nice mate, you really are a groupie.......score???

Lagerlover
23rd February 2017, 05:56 PM
No toilet paper on his face??

Impersonator.

Hatchman
23rd February 2017, 07:20 PM
Fruit tingles fans think he's a great guy also, not.

chappy1970
23rd February 2017, 07:29 PM
Hatch that's exactly what he was telling me today

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Lagerlover
23rd February 2017, 08:26 PM
Hawks training at Maroochydore a few weeks ago...
Gunston was out in the middle with VIP or family youngster when the management wound up the autograph session. My boys were lucky enough to get the last of the Roughy and Cyril scribbles and then made a beeline to Norman with a few others .. manager grumbled, but he made sure they all got a autograph.

We are fans

AndyP
23rd February 2017, 08:48 PM
Sounds like a great day.

Did you offer to do any club adjustments for them?

Lagerlover
23rd February 2017, 08:50 PM
No, I was too busy swapping Redleg tales with poppy

LarryLong
23rd February 2017, 09:31 PM
Nice one Chappy. You should have kneecapped a couple of them though. :D

jimandr
23rd February 2017, 10:09 PM
I thought this was going to be a whinge thread about how rotten corporate days are. So I had better make it into one of those threads.

I hate them, and for me the only reason to play is the chance to meet a celebrity or pick up some freebies.

In my experience it is impossible to win a prize. Half the field are once a year golfers without a handicap, but most of them are capable of a few cracking shots a round off their nominal 27 handicaps, so the winning ambrose score is something obscene.

The pace of play is often glacial. Don't plan on doing something else 6 hours after scheduled tee time.

Having said all that, I recall one memorable event, at Campbelltown, where the drinks cart girls were bikini drinks cart girls. The best part was the we didn't know about this feature, and didn't see them until we drove over a hill, and there they were. Heaven!

chappy1970
24th February 2017, 06:52 AM
I'm not centrally focused on celebrities or people in the public eye. I don't get to many of those.

I just like getting out of the office once in a while and they are generally held at quality tracks, which is also nice.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

WBennett
24th February 2017, 07:12 AM
I played in a Brumbies day a few years back with Gene Fairbanks, former Wallaby centre/winger.

I was off about 12, he was the same, and we had a ripping day of it. We spoke about the ups and downs of professional footy, his comebacks from injury and all sorts of interesting things. The neverending supply of free beer was nice, the company was great, lunch was delicious and a great day had by all. One of the Brumbies back rowers also won longest drive at Federals 17th - had about 85m into the green on a 500m par 5. :shock: