PDA

View Full Version : Returning after a break...

Micdeez
21st February 2017, 01:24 PM
Gents,

Hope you're all well. Its been about a while since I dedicated real golf time, disappeared off the forum (sorry!), and just had other priorities to deal with.

Anyway, I'm keen to really commit time and effort and get back into it. I'm thinking of joining Lynwood or Stonecutters since they'll both be my locals now. Think Stonecutters is up there in member fees though but I haven't played there yet.

So my question is: If you've ever had a fairly long break away from the game and came back, what were some of the fundamentals that "stuck" with you? All I remember is constantly trying to find excuses to ho something new :oops:. Kidding.. I had a lesson and plan to have a few more to help get me up to speed. Pretty sure I lost my Golflink since I tried entering it and it was invalid. Handicap was probably too high to register...

davidw88
22nd February 2017, 12:14 PM
You can get your golflink back, the club you were with would of made it redundant because it costs them to keep it going, but if you join a new club they can re- activate it and your old scores will be used but you will end up with a new golflink number.

Micdeez
22nd February 2017, 05:29 PM
You can get your golflink back, the club you were with would of made it redundant because it costs them to keep it going, but if you join a new club they can re- activate it and your old scores will be used but you will end up with a new golflink number.

Is it possible to not tell them that and start fresh with a new GA?
I started on 15 and it went up and stabilised at 21.
I'd prefer to start from say 30 or whatever max ceiling, and then improve from there.

AndyP
22nd February 2017, 08:26 PM
No. That would be cheating.

backintheswing
22nd February 2017, 08:26 PM
I think there is a tractor thread for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUSHY
22nd February 2017, 08:51 PM
No. That would be cheating.

Probably not a great start either [emoji23]

Micdeez