PDA

View Full Version : Sold: My... That's a large putter grip you have there.

benno_r
19th February 2017, 05:00 PM
A few grips for longer / counterbalanced putters out there. All new and never installed.

Very hard to find the longer grips these days.

4x Superstroke 17". Same profile as 1.3 slim. 88g. $45posted ea

3x Gripmaster leather 17". Same profile as 1.3 slim. 120g. $55posted ea

1x Winn 17" midsize pistol. 134g. $25posted

Cheers,
Ben

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170219/3ae97286b67a8d30a48005d9337fb257.jpg

Daves
19th February 2017, 05:12 PM
Ï will take them Benno. No need to post then.

benno_r
19th February 2017, 05:16 PM
Ï will take them Benno. No need to post then.

All of them? lol

You sir, are the king of the pro shop! I'll work out a combo price for the lot for you.

JoeS
19th February 2017, 06:35 PM
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread,how does one go about figuring out what aftermarket grip might suit.I have a Odyssey white hot pro 9 putter with standard grip,but thinking I like the feel of the larger grip that was on my previous putter.I have swung a putter same as mine with slightly larger grip that felt comfortable,but never asked the bloke what it was

benno_r
19th February 2017, 06:49 PM
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread,how does one go about figuring out what aftermarket grip might suit.I have a Odyssey white hot pro 9 putter with standard grip,but thinking I like the feel of the larger grip that was on my previous putter.I have swung a putter same as mine with slightly larger grip that felt comfortable,but never asked the bloke what it was

Just swing down to your nearest Golf World / House of Golf / Drummond and check out all the different grips on the putters. Roll a few and see what you like.

Daves
19th February 2017, 08:40 PM

Just swing down to your nearest Golf World / House of Golf / Drummond and check out all the different grips on the putters. Roll a few and see what you like.

Putter Grips tend to be a very personal thing. There are probably at least 5 factors at play;

1) Colour/Flair - some may look better than others and fit the eye. Markings may also help in gripping and aligning the Putter.
2) Grip Size - Larger grips can help quieten wristy strokes and also feel more substantial in the hand.
3) Grip Shape - Straight, Tapered and reverse tapered. Square or round.
4) Grip Weight - Heavier Grips can help balance heavier &/or longer putters
5) Counterbalancing - As above plus a feel thing.

I like my putters longer than normal, around 38". Counter Balanced Grips help me keep the putter in balance. And I feel also help smooth and groove my stroke.