PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy new cleats? PINS for FJ DNA

KC4802
19th February 2017, 04:20 PM
only Stealth PINS (same as came new) I can find are golf box for 36 bucks... is that as good as I'm going to find or do is there an Ozgolf secret out there for buying cleats?
Can get the Pulsar in PINS from GCO for 26, but would like to keep same if possible.

P.S. makes me want to never buy spiked shoes again.

benno_r
19th February 2017, 04:35 PM
only Stealth PINS (same as came new) I can find are golf box for 36 bucks... is that as good as I'm going to find or do is there an Ozgolf secret out there for buying cleats?
Can get the Pulsar in PINS from GCO for 26, but would like to keep same if possible.

P.S. makes me want to never buy spiked shoes again.

I have a few pins cleats - my new shoes use something else. I'll PM you some photos and details soon.

Cheers,
Ben

olddogmike
19th February 2017, 04:58 PM
I have sets of 22 studs (pins) in large thread or small thread, I have one set of each which are posted in the pay it forward thread. You can have for free if you are happy to pay postage.

jimandr
19th February 2017, 04:59 PM
The subject of cleats does not come up often, so I have a serious question about this.

I thought all shoe soles were standard, and they all took whatever screw-in cleats took your fancy.

KC's question suggests this is not the case, or he just being picky as to what spikes he prefers?

As a supplementary observation, I add that I thought it was impossible for an Ozgolfer to keep a pair of shoes long enough to wear out the spikes.

benno_r
19th February 2017, 05:04 PM
The subject of cleats does not come up often, so I have a serious question about this.

I thought all shoe soles were standard, and they all took whatever screw-in cleats took your fancy.

KC's question suggests this is not the case, or he just being picky as to what spikes he prefers?

As a supplementary observation, I add that I thought it was impossible for an Ozgolfer to keep a pair of shoes long enough to wear out the spikes.

Nope, different shoe companies take different cleat locking systems. Take your pick from:
PINS
Large Thread
Small Thread
Slim-Lok
Tri-Lok
Q-Lok

http://champspikes.com/product-information/fitting-technology/

olddogmike
19th February 2017, 05:05 PM
I have just changed my FJ spikes for soft cleats, the club don't like you tearing up the greens with spikes. My US made FJ classics have small thread, my Taiwanese made FJ spikes have a larger plastic thread.

Dcanto
19th February 2017, 06:24 PM
You can get these from Deals Direct.

https://m.dealsdirect.com.au/Product.aspx?cid=20&saleID=jcCK7NZAT0CrkrWfkToNZg&productID=ckz5ikf9mESWWlNLiLdpNg

RobNewy
20th February 2017, 08:06 PM
I just had to buy some PINS for my M Projects.
$34 for 20, gets me 2 full changes.

$26 for all the other types. Mostly packs of 16