PDA

View Full Version : Wishon irons

olddogmike
18th February 2017, 11:38 AM
Anyone here had any experience with Tom Wishon irons?

Matt 3 Jab
18th February 2017, 03:20 PM
I had a set a long time ago. I guess the main thing is to be fitted really well and get them built really well and they would perform close to any oem. (If not beyond)

Their resale will be terrible but they do have quality forgings.

3oneday
18th February 2017, 05:57 PM
They're good

Daves
18th February 2017, 06:43 PM
I had a set a long time ago. I guess the main thing is to be fitted really well and get them built really well and they would perform close to any oem. (If not beyond)

Their resale will be terrible but they do have quality forgings.

They're good

What they said.

davidp
18th February 2017, 07:05 PM
I play the 560mc irons (4-GW). It's a forgiving cavity back. Had them built to my specs in the States. Really good quality heads and they were all within specs. Feel good even on thin shots which is my usual miss.

For a forged head, they're pretty durable. Haven't hit any of his latest stuff but also played the 752tcs and the 979h. They were good but didn't like them as much as the 560s.

As M3J said, they're a club that you need to buy to play not to try and resell.

Ferrins
19th February 2017, 09:08 AM
Wishon I got more when I sold mine.

YonexMan
20th February 2017, 03:31 PM
I love mine. Just bought a set of Sterling SL irons. Totally awesome irons. No issues with distance gapping. In fact, my distances are way better and more accurate. I've never been able to hit a 5 iron all that well, but now I can accurately hit greens that are 170m carry away. That is with around a 85-86mph swing speed.

My son took them out on the course today, though his swing speed is way above mine. He also loves them. He plays off 5 handicap and usually uses a set of Mizuno MP15's. At the moment, he likes the Wishon's better as he said his bad shots still hit greens and stay online better. Distance gapping isn't an issue for him and easily carries 185m with the 5 iron. So he is considering getting fitted for a set of Wishon sterling irons from 4 to PW and just keep his current set of wedges. Just wants to play a few more rounds with my clubs first.

davidp
20th February 2017, 05:04 PM
Just a heads up that Wishon was taken over by Diamond Tour Golf late last year. Don't know if it will affect quality as yet but there are some recent manufacturing changes in their 919THI driver. Tom was excellent with quality control and customer service.

The one length stuff he is doing with Sterling looks interesting.

YonexMan
21st February 2017, 08:42 AM
I don't think that quality is going to be an issue. In the news report, Tom Wishon said he was only semi-retired and was staying on as an advisor/consultant etc.

olddogmike
22nd February 2017, 07:40 PM
I was just looking at an advertisement for 550m"s