PDA

View Full Version : Back to an Interlock Grip.

Kaniss
16th February 2017, 11:03 AM
Hi Gents,

Been having lessons for about 6 months now for all clubs in my bag and at the start of my first lesson we did a grip change to overlap from the interlock.
Anyway for 6 months I’ve been struggling with my Irons, just getting no consistency and hitting right constantly.

Last night at the range I switched back to Interlock grip to try it out again and combined all the things I’ve learnt from the last 6 months which resulted in one of the best sessions I’ve had in years. Every Iron was spot on, with big chunky divots.

Anyway thinking about pissing off the overlap and reverting back to the interlock. Have you guys ever gone back like this after spending all that time working on something else? Or should I stick with it?

3oneday
16th February 2017, 11:34 AM
No pros seem to encourage the interlock, horses for courses. You're playing for enjoyment, do whatever you reckon.

Jazz18
16th February 2017, 01:11 PM
I agree. Like you, I've tried the overlap and it's never worked for me. As a general rule, I've heard that people with long fingers prefer the overlap and people with short and stubbys like me, prefer the interlock. Stick with what's comfortable if it's working.

Kaniss
21st February 2017, 07:24 AM
I agree. Like you, I've tried the overlap and it's never worked for me. As a general rule, I've heard that people with long fingers prefer the overlap and people with short and stubbys like me, prefer the interlock. Stick with what's comfortable if it's working.

It just never worked for me also..I switched back now and my irons are crisp, I feel more confident and I can lock my clubs in when I take a swing. I have long fingers and big hands though but this just works better for me...

Micdeez
22nd February 2017, 05:33 PM
I switched from an interlock to a baseball grip. Wrist to middle finger is 18.5cm so that's borderline small/medium.
Baseball grip feels better and striking of the ball made some difference to a little more consistency.
This is after a few lessons recently when I switched.

WBennett
23rd February 2017, 10:20 AM
I've only ever had an interlock grip - it was taught to me in my only lesson 29 years ago.

I don't have time for range sessions or practice, so I won't be trying any other grip any time soon.

Boonie
3rd March 2017, 11:14 AM
Just make sure with the interlock that you don't let the grip get too far into your palms. Keep it in the fingers.

That's the biggest issue with interlocking.

It's a great grip if you keep it in the fingers