PDA

View Full Version : Vic Champs 2017 - Full Results

Courty
6th February 2017, 04:51 PM
The embedded table below is a live link to the full results sheet, so results will appear as soon as they are entered post-round.

1yVH7JHKCwK0OyNNrBZntLcmdYVv9-bBJ0x-b3WQgJf0

Dotty
6th February 2017, 06:11 PM
Woo hoo! Joint leader.

adlo
6th February 2017, 06:17 PM
You might struggle to stay there playing off scratch

Grumpy8
6th February 2017, 09:52 PM
My GA at the moment is 8.7 if that's any help

Courty
7th February 2017, 05:58 AM
My GA at the moment is 8.7 if that's any help

Cheers. I'll update everyone's GA as it gets closer.

WBennett
7th February 2017, 06:36 AM
Mine is 6.8 and won't change. Unless I get 'sick' tomorrow of course...

LeftyHoges
7th February 2017, 10:17 AM
Oooh, look at that pretty 3 next to my name!

Dcanto
10th February 2017, 10:41 AM
40 points for Solarman - WTF??? :)

BUSHY
10th February 2017, 03:13 PM
40 points for Solarman - WTF??? :)

AND a pin??? Maybe the NAGA jibes had an effect. Anxiously await the results of today...

Dcanto
10th February 2017, 03:16 PM
AND a pin??? Maybe the NAGA jibes had an effect. Anxiously await the results of today...

Off to a poor start if Andigold's post is believable. Hope Bob rallies and comes up with the win. :)

Steve57
10th February 2017, 04:03 PM
Solarman on a countback, way to go Bob!👍

Lagerlover
11th February 2017, 07:23 PM
Go monsta!!!
99% , 100% , 100%.

aussieashley
11th February 2017, 09:15 PM
Nice shooting LeftyHoges

Steve57
11th February 2017, 09:31 PM
Nice shooting LeftyHoges
Keep shooting 71 and you will be back on scratch before you know it!

Steve57
11th February 2017, 09:39 PM
The Fave 10 behind?
Must have been nobbled last night!

LeftyHoges
11th February 2017, 11:48 PM
Nice shooting LeftyHoges

Keep shooting 71 and you will be back on scratch before you know it!
Cheers gents. 13 pars, 4 birdies and a triple. Bloody hell.

PeteyD
12th February 2017, 05:54 AM
Some nice shooting there everyone. Go Bob! Moneys on Lefty to bring it home.

backintheswing
12th February 2017, 08:42 AM
Cheers gents. 13 pars, 4 birdies and a triple. Bloody hell.

3 marker my arse [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Puttpete
12th February 2017, 12:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/06682ee04de7578c95bdca992af5ed93.jpg

Lagerlover
12th February 2017, 12:23 PM
Congrats SundayHack!!

now go and unstack the chairs..

Grumpy8
12th February 2017, 02:56 PM
congrats to SundayHack on your win and thankyou to all for your company and being so welcoming .

A big thankyou to the organisers for all your hard work and for making such a well run competition happen

cheers guys

SundayHack
12th February 2017, 03:06 PM
The Champ is here... The champ is here.... Ladies and Gentlemen your Vic Champ is here....
Wow what a weekend. Thanks to all the guys that make this weekend happen. As with everything in life without the hard work of those involved shit doesn't just happen. So thankyou all.
To all my playing partners over the last 4 day, Oldracer, the artist formally known as Spud, Shazza, BenM, Larrylong, Pete_rs, Monsta, Lefty, Solarman and Grumpy8 it was awesome playing with you all.
To Andigold thanks mate for being the host with the most and for having faith in buying myself in the Calcutta when a lot including myself never did. Your a champion bloke and thanks for all your hard work.
Lastly but not least to my roomie, my chauffeur and my drinking buddy thanks Wayne for drivig my drunken arse around all weekend. It's been a blast.
To those that haven't been to a Vic champs get your arse to one as ts the best weekend of golf there is. Hope to see you all next year for my title defence.
Frank the Tank out.

AndyP
12th February 2017, 07:47 PM
Congratulations on the championship win, SundayHack. Vicki travels yet again.

Feelzy
12th February 2017, 08:15 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/a172d9b168eca480b1a6f9e72899ac33.jpg

Vicki was safe on her travels down the M1 to G-Town. I plan to take a few happy snaps at various locations before sending her somewhere else next year.

chappy1970
12th February 2017, 08:21 PM
Nice Feelzy

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

spanner039
12th February 2017, 08:23 PM
Well done again Sunday and your a bloody good sport Feelzy.

LarryLong
12th February 2017, 08:36 PM
Onya Feelzy. Looking forward to seeing Vicki's travelogue. Hopefully you can come back next year and hand the gnome off to somebody (other than me, of course).

Congrats to SundayHack - you flushed it all day without luck on Friday and dominated the weekend. That's two years in a row I've played match play against the eventual Vic Champ on Friday, so if you really want to improve your odds of winning next year, stay in Benno's room and challenge me in the uncivil war.

AndyP
12th February 2017, 08:38 PM
I thought Vicki was the champion's trophy? Things have changed since my day.

Dcanto
12th February 2017, 08:39 PM
Well done SundayHack. The UCW Captaincy win and Vic Champs double. A feat not likely to be repeated for a long time.

Feelzy
12th February 2017, 09:27 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/62e09d05d4221ff3e43ad5d66dd848fe.jpg

Feelzy
12th February 2017, 09:51 PM
Nice Feelzy

Well done again Sunday and your a bloody good sport Feelzy.

Onya Feelzy. Looking forward to seeing Vicki's travelogue. Hopefully you can come back next year and hand the gnome off to somebody (other than me, of course).

Congrats to SundayHack - you flushed it all day without luck on Friday and dominated the weekend. That's two years in a row I've played match play against the eventual Vic Champ on Friday, so if you really want to improve your odds of winning next year, stay in Benno's room and challenge me in the uncivil war.
Thanks guys, you were all very welcoming. It was great to finally attend and it will be the start of many more. I have a long winter ahead of me haha

Congrats to SundayChamp(Hack) and thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of it all. Tremendous effort goes into and it's greatly appreciated.

Special thanks to my playing partners this weekend. It was a true NAGA display so thanks for putting up with me.

Well done SundayHack. The UCW Captaincy win and Vic Champs double. A feat not likely to be repeated for a long time.
A feat even more special after being last year's NAGA. So clearly this means 2018 is my year!

Lucasto23
12th February 2017, 11:16 PM
Great job Sundayhack Great to hear you had a great win and looking forward to next year already ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeftyHoges
12th February 2017, 11:44 PM
The autopsy tonight has identified the VIC Champs "sweet spot" as a GA of around 7-11.

So looks like I'll be on anchor in 12 months time!

3Puttpete
13th February 2017, 07:14 AM
The autopsy tonight has identified the VIC Champs "sweet spot" as a GA of around 7-11.

So looks like I'll be on anchor in 12 months time!

You won't play enough golf

SundayHack
13th February 2017, 08:31 AM
Vicky preparing to make her way back home to Qld once again.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2017, 12:48 PM
Tried to reel you in for the 3 round ironman bud, but you got me on a countback. Well done. Send me your bank details at some point and I'll shoot the winners cash through to you.

Steve57
13th February 2017, 01:03 PM
You won't play enough golf

He has got no chance with a 71 on Saturday and a 69 today!
But will they be handicapped?:shock:

wazamac
13th February 2017, 01:51 PM
Well done Sundayhack, and to all of the daily winners.
Have already started preperations for coming over next year (playing like shite :) ).

peter_rs
13th February 2017, 02:31 PM
Great weekend

And thanks for the effort of lefty and the other helpers

benno_r
13th February 2017, 02:33 PM
He has got no chance with a 71 on Saturday and a 69 today!
But will they be handicapped?:shock:
You noticed? [emoji3]

benno_r
13th February 2017, 02:43 PM
Finally a chance to park arse before my flights. I am rooted, but had a great time.

Thanks to:
Andigold for fitting me in at late notice
Various organisers
Playing partners: KJ, Benno, Adlo (great to meet you), PeteRS, Larry. Plus Sunday randoms Aussie Tom and Aussie Warren.
Benno, Slug and Adlo for the rides.
Courty for the homo gelato idea.

Courses exceeded expections, and melbourne weather was erratic as usual.

Congrats to Hack, Grumpy and Leftflusher.

See you again in Sydney / Cairns / Next Year.

Steve57
13th February 2017, 05:30 PM
You noticed? [emoji3]

[emoji106]

shazza_rs
13th February 2017, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone for another awesome Vic Champs.

Usual thanks to Lefty and his band of helpers. Much thanks to andigold for all that you do for us. It only runs this smooth because of your efforts.

Happy to finish in the top 10 at 7th! Maybe not drinking works for me :)

Thanks to all my playing partners:
BenM and grumpy at Sunshine
BenM, LarryLong and SundayHack at Commonwealth
andigold, Lefty and Courty at Waterford
Spanner, KJ and spud at Settlers
Andigold, monsta and oldracer for today.

Had fun all weekend.

Special thanks to BenM for taking it easy on me in the Uncivil war. You were damned if you won or lost :)

Until next year!

Dotty
13th February 2017, 06:52 PM
SundayHack! He's on fire!

Congratulations on the triple crown.

Congratulations to everyone that won a participation certificate.

Big thanks to the organisers. Those were both perfect courses for us and I hope we can get them for next year as well.

KristianJ
13th February 2017, 07:02 PM
About 15 mins until the train pulls into Penrith, so here goes.

Vic Champs is special. I have fond memories of my 2 QLD Champs and 3 NSW ventures, but stuff like the Calcutta, auction, and particularly the Beyond Blue support make it truly unique. Awesome job by the chief organisers, and those who run each day. Hotel was superb, and I've assured andigold that I'll have a glowing review to post on Trip Advisor either tonight or tomorrow.

When it comes to playing partners, I have nothing but praise. Sure, I only had the chance to occasionally witness Lefty flush one off the 1st and other holes where tee boxes were close by, but all of you who I walked/carted the 99 holes with were great fun to play, laugh and chat with, plus see the odd great golf shot in amongst the duffs, shanks, blades, slices and what not. Solarman, Monsta (x 2), Rickie Prowler (x 2), Spanner (x 2), Dotty, adlo, Benno_r, the artist formerly known as Spud (x 2), Shazza, Skeletor and Courty.

As I said in the goals thread, the courses ranged from good to outstanding. Commonwealth's service and the way they looked after us stood out most for me, and I'll keep my honorary membership card tucked away somewhere.

Frank the Tank, I next expect to see you on the news being led into the back of a police car.

Congrats to all winners, and I'll be back next year.

WBennett
13th February 2017, 07:29 PM
Dotty beat me in gross? Wowee.

Like BenM, I too am retiring from golf.

WBennett
13th February 2017, 07:33 PM
Its all been said - favourite weekend of the year, and thanks to everyone who makes it that way.

I broke a 30 point average for the first time ever!

Biggest thanks to Andigold for all his work, Courty for his spreadsheet, Kev for the trophies (maybe once we will bring one home that isn't naga) and Lefty. Hope we made it easier and more enjoyable for you.

Highlights - 3 from 3 in matchplay. Lowlights are all long forgotten by now.

BOG - Frank the Tank - my car mate and roomie - from spewing on the tee to winning the champs in 4.5 hours. Outstanding.

Dotty
13th February 2017, 07:58 PM
Dotty beat me in gross? Wowee.

Like BenM, I too am retiring from golf.
Unfair advantage ... I was playing for a free Chinese meal.

Hat's off to Capt. Nemo for one of the quotes of the weekend (when paying at the Happy Phoenix) ... 'One pensioner and one student.'

Captain Nemo
13th February 2017, 07:59 PM
��

rickie prowler
13th February 2017, 08:32 PM
The hardest part of the weekend is that is now the benchmark for all golf trips in the future. This was such a well ran event and a real treat to be a part of. Thank you to all, just 360 days till we do it all again!

Dotty
14th February 2017, 07:17 AM
They've swapped.

SundayHack has gone from NAGA to Champ, and Vicki has gone the other way.

LeftyHoges
14th February 2017, 09:07 AM
congrats to SundayHack on your win and thankyou to all for your company and being so welcoming .

A big thankyou to the organisers for all your hard work and for making such a well run competition happen

cheers guys

Thanks guys, you were all very welcoming. It was great to finally attend and it will be the start of many more. I have a long winter ahead of me haha

Congrats to SundayChamp(Hack) and thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of it all. Tremendous effort goes into and it's greatly appreciated.

Special thanks to my playing partners this weekend. It was a true NAGA display so thanks for putting up with me.

A feat even more special after being last year's NAGA. So clearly this means 2018 is my year!

About 15 mins until the train pulls into Penrith, so here goes.

Vic Champs is special. I have fond memories of my 2 QLD Champs and 3 NSW ventures, but stuff like the Calcutta, auction, and particularly the Beyond Blue support make it truly unique. Awesome job by the chief organisers, and those who run each day. Hotel was superb, and I've assured andigold that I'll have a glowing review to post on Trip Advisor either tonight or tomorrow.

When it comes to playing partners, I have nothing but praise. Sure, I only had the chance to occasionally witness Lefty flush one off the 1st and other holes where tee boxes were close by, but all of you who I walked/carted the 99 holes with were great fun to play, laugh and chat with, plus see the odd great golf shot in amongst the duffs, shanks, blades, slices and what not. Solarman, Monsta (x 2), Rickie Prowler (x 2), Spanner (x 2), Dotty, adlo, Benno_r, the artist formerly known as Spud (x 2), Shazza, Skeletor and Courty.

As I said in the goals thread, the courses ranged from good to outstanding. Commonwealth's service and the way they looked after us stood out most for me, and I'll keep my honorary membership card tucked away somewhere.

Frank the Tank, I next expect to see you on the news being led into the back of a police car.

Congrats to all winners, and I'll be back next year.

The hardest part of the weekend is that is now the benchmark for all golf trips in the future. This was such a well ran event and a real treat to be a part of. Thank you to all, just 360 days till we do it all again!

This is the part I truly like to see (not that any other posts are any less relevant), the "newbies" thoroughly enjoying the trip and vowing to try their best to make it next year. We can be a fairly intimidating bunch, so especially to guys like Feelzy, Adlo, Rickie, Grumpy, Slug, and to a lesser extent MagicRick (who at least met us all last year) and KJ (who knew a few already) to not only come along, but to join in the way they did, is a fantastic thing. Everyone that contributes to the champs organisation works very hard to try and make it the best experience possible for everyone and we always like to see an event grow. Obviously not everyone can make it every year for one reason or another, but we'd LOVE to see you all back and continue to make the VIC Champs THE champs to attend (not that it's a competition!).

JoeS
14th February 2017, 08:30 PM
I would like to say how much I enjoyed my first golfing experiance with Ozgolf.I was quietly nervous as I got to the course around 6.45 to find I was the first one their.I didn't know what to expect,or who even,so grabbed the putter and headed to the practice green.Shortly after a group rocked up,followed by a few more,so I made my way over to introduce myself.Couldn't have met a nicer bunch,and after finding my group for the day,it wasn't long until the bag was on the cart and Benm and myself were off to the 10th.Also in the group was Magicrick,and a still slightly drunk Chappy.

For my first competitive round since juniors,and I am a bit rusty on the local rules and scoring,Ben guided me through the card and explained how it all works while I soaked in as much info as I could from the group.Finishing 18 we got a feed and watched others finish there round,and I got to meet a few more as well.

I hang around long enough for the presentation but then had to get to work,so unfortunately my day was cut short.I had a great time and will be back next year,and might even try for one of the other champ rounds as well.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2017, 08:35 PM
Lol Feelzy, well played!!!

3Puttpete
14th February 2017, 09:22 PM
I would like to say how much I enjoyed my first golfing experiance with Ozgolf.I was quietly nervous as I got to the course around 6.45 to find I was the first one their.I didn't know what to expect,or who even,so grabbed the putter and headed to the practice green.Shortly after a group rocked up,followed by a few more,so I made my way over to introduce myself.Couldn't have met a nicer bunch,and after finding my group for the day,it wasn't long until the bag was on the cart and Benm and myself were off to the 10th.Also in the group was Magicrick,and a still slightly drunk Chappy.

For my first competitive round since juniors,and I am a bit rusty on the local rules and scoring,Ben guided me through the card and explained how it all works while I soaked in as much info as I could from the group.Finishing 18 we got a feed and watched others finish there round,and I got to meet a few more as well.

I hang around long enough for the presentation but then had to get to work,so unfortunately my day was cut short.I had a great time and will be back next year,and might even try for one of the other champ rounds as well.

See, this is where it starts.

A bit of peer pressure and you decide one round won't hurt, you'll just do it this once and won't do it again. Next thing you know you're interstate for four or five days.

Sunday is a gateway round.

Feelzy
15th February 2017, 04:49 PM
Hopefully you all can read my writing

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170215/8ff3f5b94af37843012341ee17a85870.jpg

And this year's update.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170215/7ce44802a43fc77e274d19ecdff65dba.jpg

If I god forbid go back2back then I have room down the leg to add in the extra years haha.

oldracer
15th February 2017, 05:01 PM
Hopefully you all can read my writing

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170215/8ff3f5b94af37843012341ee17a85870.jpg

And this year's update.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170215/7ce44802a43fc77e274d19ecdff65dba.jpg

If I god forbid go back2back then I have room down the leg to add in the extra years haha.go the other cheek first mate

LarryLong
15th February 2017, 05:02 PM
:smt005

:smt038

benno_r
15th February 2017, 05:03 PM
You'd be dreaming to think you already have a back to back lined up Feelzy. Another year under your belt, you'll be right up amongst it, now you know what to expect.

Just keep your hands off my perpetual 8th place finish!

Courty
15th February 2017, 07:36 PM
Full averages listing

http://i.imgur.com/uzN7Jdz.png

WBennett
15th February 2017, 07:47 PM
First time in 5 years I break 30. Woooo

oldracer
15th February 2017, 08:47 PM
Looked for the "What did I learn from 2017 VicChamps" thread but not up yet, here goes
I learnt that it's not about the golf, whether you can play or not, it's about the participation awards.
Meeting guys at the airport you haven't seen for 12 months
Ragging others at the first warmup round that you haven't seen for 12 months and meeting the newbies, shit it's scarey being a newbie...
But they all mixed in really well, to all of you, bloody well done and you all looked like you had a ball
The bullshit room was fantastic as usual, lots of laughs and good natured ribbing
I learnt that there are some great "little" tracks out there, Sunshine, Waterford and Northern all good fun
Also learnt that a massive slope rating does not make a good track, for me anyway
That the quality, hospitaility and warmth from all at Commonwealth was worth every cent and more
That young whipper snappers pumping up their own tyres and trash talking the oldies will always fail miserably
180 straighty works.......very very well
Good friendships are made from just 5 days
We have a great community as diverse as we all are
The hard workers keep doing it year in year out, cheers to Andigold, Lefty, Courty, Spud, Shaz, Larry and anyone else who pitched in to make it fabulous
All my golfing partners are cool as sh!t, Sunday, Spud, Courty, Lefty, Shaz, Andigold, special mention to my other oldie..Dotty or was that Peppas, I don't know?? for creaming the youngies, GK, Loz, sorry for hitting your ball, Monsta thanks for the cash :lol: and my Irish mate Ricky, had a ball, well done on yur ace bud
Heaps more but it's all locked away in the meory banks and I can't find it!!!!!!
thanks everyone, take care, Racer

chappy1970
15th February 2017, 08:56 PM
Only 1 round for me, I'm aiming for at least 2 next year.

Big thanks to Adlo for picking me up on Sunday morning. I wouldn't have made it otherwise.

My golf was poor, but it's always great to see the faces of some great people.

adlo
15th February 2017, 09:49 PM
I am still trying to work out where everyone has gone. Kingston Heath was lovely today, the uncivil wasn't much fun flying solo. Still managed to lose somehow :?

Thanks all for organising such a seamless event. Lefty, Courty, Andigold did above and beyond. The real Benno, great effort taking on so many little jobs, amongst them auctioneer at which you were a natural fit. Everyone else who helped, thanks a ton.

SundayHack, phenomenal effort on the Naga to Champ/Uncivil War Captain double. Well done.

Great to meet a heap of new Ozgolfers. I now see why Shadesy and simmsy speak so highly of Vic Champs. The Friday at Commonwealth was special. What a day, silver service and an underrated sandbelt gem to boot!

Might be a few years before I can make a return but keep the event going strong, can't wait to do so.