PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on Aus Post lost packages?

davidp
3rd February 2017, 11:31 PM
Just filed a lost package incident with Australia Post. Tracking system said that package was delivered to my office last Friday, but the guys in my company's mailroom didn't see it. Of course, the package was not insured. And yes, it was golf clubs.

Any tips with dealing with Australia Post?

spanner039
4th February 2017, 08:56 AM
You wont get much help if it shows its been delivered, unless its registered and without a signature

Had a couple of things do this they were only grips they suck when it happens....****OX

TheNuclearOne
4th February 2017, 09:37 AM
I'd be going HARD. You'd have to think either the deliverer stole them or someone at your workplace did?

3Puttpete
4th February 2017, 10:26 AM
Or they were delivered to the wrong address.

Australia post's investigation consists of asking the driver if he delivered it.

Because he'll remember one random package of the 1000 he's delivered since

davidp
4th February 2017, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I'm not holding out too much hope with the investigation technique or depth. I trust the people I work with and have had multiple boxes delivered successfully. I think you are right 3pp, it was probably delivered to the wrong address. Shame, I was really looking forward to that particular delivery too ... It may still turn up - haven't given up hope yet.

TheNuclearOne
4th February 2017, 11:34 AM
If it was Friday he won't have done too much since. Simple in my area i'd just bail him up and ask.

davidp
4th February 2017, 12:20 PM
If it was Friday he won't have done too much since. Simple in my area i'd just bail him up and ask.
It was a week ago Friday, that it was shown as "delivered" status. I had surgery this past Monday so didn't get back to the office until late Thursday.

backintheswing
4th February 2017, 01:24 PM
The process if they can't find it, which is normal, is you will be offered a $50 money order, which ironically they mail out to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidp
5th February 2017, 03:15 AM
The process if they can't find it, which is normal, is you will be offered a $50 money order, which ironically they mail out to you.

Hmmm ... that's not even in the same ballpark to cover the loss. Such is life. Thanks for the info.

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2017, 10:48 AM
I've had a package that was sig required simply dropped in the lobby of our office and marked as delivered by the driver.

Fortunately, I noticed it when entering one day.

damoocow
5th February 2017, 11:09 PM
Does your office have cctv coverage? - May help to see if it was in fact delivered at all.

davidp
6th February 2017, 12:03 AM
Does your office have cctv coverage? - May help to see if it was in fact delivered at all.
Probably - Hopefully they haven't recycled the storage by now ...

davidp
8th February 2017, 09:28 PM
So, as it turns out we have video surveillance of our mail reception area and we log our mail deliveries. No golf club size box was delivered on the day Aus Post tracking claims delivery. Plus time stamp of Aus Post delivery is 10 mins after mail delivery on video. Let's see what Aus Post say.

Captain Nemo
8th February 2017, 09:56 PM
I'd say they are in the poo...

TheNuclearOne
8th February 2017, 11:34 PM
So, as it turns out we have video surveillance of our mail reception area and we log our mail deliveries. No golf club size box was delivered on the day Aus Post tracking claims delivery. Plus time stamp of Aus Post delivery is 10 mins after mail delivery on video. Let's see what Aus Post say.

This should be good.

Jazz18
9th February 2017, 09:31 AM

Nice try Aust post.

Toxic
9th February 2017, 12:53 PM
So, as it turns out we have video surveillance of our mail reception area and we log our mail deliveries. No golf club size box was delivered on the day Aus Post tracking claims delivery. Plus time stamp of Aus Post delivery is 10 mins after mail delivery on video. Let's see what Aus Post say. Gotta love the video surveillance

backintheswing
9th February 2017, 01:33 PM
Was the package insured?

PerryGroves
9th February 2017, 04:50 PM
Time to up the campaign, Ahmed earns a fortune, get him onto it https://mobile.twitter.com/afahour?lang=en

davidp
9th February 2017, 06:32 PM
Was the package insured?

Nope, but got a call from an Aus Post rep this morning who was a little overwhelmed with the precise detail and backup evidence on hand. I won't get my hopes up as I've found that a calm, unemotional, methodical approach works best.

Toxic
15th February 2017, 04:17 PM
Nope, but got a call from an Aus Post rep this morning who was a little overwhelmed with the precise detail and backup evidence on hand. I won't get my hopes up as I've found that a calm, unemotional, methodical approach works best. Any updates??

davidp
16th February 2017, 12:39 AM
Initial claim denied on Aus Post say so but still continuing to discuss with them through the sender. Lodging more paperwork tomorrow. 😐

goughy
16th February 2017, 07:54 AM
So they are relying on their 'alternative facts'

3oneday
16th February 2017, 10:56 AM
Stat dec from the driver? Surprised you can't report theft at the cops given there is no evidence of delivery.

damoocow
16th February 2017, 11:48 AM
By reading your recent posts I would think you are starting to exhibit signs of extreme mental distress, could quite likely require hospitalisation if this issue continues. Perhaps think about going to a 'no win, no fee' law firm...