PDA

View Full Version : Full Bag Fitting Result

Aussupport
30th January 2017, 04:36 PM
HI All,

My 12 yrs daughter ( 10 GA Hcp) did the full bag club fittings to get her new full set. But noticed that her current wilson driver is still better with carry distance.

We did this testing inside with trackman but do we need this done in range too?

Total quote comes as 4.8K and didn't expect that...

Now i need some of your opinion?

As

Captain Nemo
30th January 2017, 04:46 PM
$4.8k, seriously....
��

hardboiled
30th January 2017, 04:47 PM
She would probably grow out of that set within 6 months.

Hatchman
30th January 2017, 04:51 PM
IMHO that's too much and what HB ^ said.

8081travis
30th January 2017, 04:54 PM
$4.8k, seriously....
��

When have you ever questioned how much golf equipment costs!

Captain Nemo
30th January 2017, 05:11 PM
When have you ever questioned how much golf equipment costs!

True, should have said re the age thing but HB beat me too it!

Aussupport
30th January 2017, 05:23 PM
Thanks, is this stats makes you go for new set?

JADO75
30th January 2017, 05:25 PM
Pure?

thecollective
30th January 2017, 05:26 PM
sounds like they are milking you a fair bit

you should be able to bag a quality new set of clubs for no more than about 2.5k

hardboiled
30th January 2017, 05:28 PM
PureForm for sure

dee cee
30th January 2017, 05:39 PM
If you're made of money, sure. If not, she got to 10 at age 12 with unfitted clubs. She has game.

Use the knowledge you have now to get something close. It'll be way cheaper. Use the savings on lessons and traveling expenses to junior events.

3oneday
30th January 2017, 05:57 PM
Couldn't you send her to David Leadbetter for that?

Dotty
30th January 2017, 06:16 PM
My set only cost around $1.6K. (New driver and putter. Second hand for the rest.)

I also have a GA of 10 and hit the ball like a 12yo girl.

tim_golfer2
30th January 2017, 07:22 PM
My set only cost around $1.6K. (New driver and putter. Second hand for the rest.)

Fantastic

Jazz18
30th January 2017, 11:08 PM

You are a funny man Dotty!

PerryGroves
31st January 2017, 07:12 AM
Well bowled Dotty.

$4.8k seems like a crazy amount of coin. Surely there is some sort of network of fathers/mothers who have similarly talented golfing kids who you could ask for advice.

Why not drop Ruby's father a note via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rubykavgolf/

I do note she is sponsored by PureForm !!

darkeststar07
31st January 2017, 09:11 AM
Your daughter will grow out of this "fitted" set in 6-9 months time.

Spend the coin on lessons.

billp
31st January 2017, 09:30 AM
Agree with everyone else, with a swing speed of 70mph, equipment isn't really going to be of much benefit, just buy a generic good quality OEM set that is the right size for her.

Then with the leftover cash get her short game lessons, and perhaps some good quality wedges and a putter, as this is where the most improvement will come from.

Kaniss
31st January 2017, 12:04 PM
4.8K???? for a 12 year old...that's insane..

YonexMan
31st January 2017, 12:07 PM
Commenting from my experience - having a talented son playing golf.. Yep, I totally agree with billp...

Save the dollars for lessons.

Get a good fit from a Pro Shop and go with that and save the dollars.. Just make sure the Pro-shop has the fitting carts with all the shaft options available - some do and some don't. That is the problem with Drummond - no fitting carts and they usually just stock the standard offering shafts for the clubs they sell. No option shafts to try.

If your daughter has a coach - which I assume she would have - with that handicap.. then make sure the coach is there with whoever fits the clubs - if possible. Assuming they are not a Golf Pro who runs the pro shop at your club...

I have taken my son to Pureform for a driver and 3 wood fitting. Yeah, expensive - but looking at the on course results - it was worth it. But he has also 20yrs old now and at 6 foot 1 inch tall, he is pretty much done with growth spurts which your daughter will go through in the next few years. So the expense was worth it in my books.. My son wants a career in golf - his decision - so as a parent, I help him achieve his goals.

So wait until your daughter is older and nearly finished growing - and if she has then made the decision that she actually wants to make a career out of golf - be it a Tour Pro, Local Golf Pro running the Pro Shop or whatever - then you have reason to spend the big dollars as parents do, to help their kids.

Toxic
31st January 2017, 09:33 PM
Can you get a 2nd quote or fitting?

Oldplayer
31st January 2017, 09:56 PM
That quote is so over the top I don't know where to start.
I assume you want to give your child the best equipment to go forward with her game but there is no way in the world spending $3000 more than you need will gain her any real benefit.
There is no one company that is streets ahead technically. All the name brands and plenty besides make quality gear these days. A competent fitter and builder does not have the same hourly rate as an eye surgeon.
Please get some more professional opinions before being conned into spending way more than you need.
On the face of it you are being taken advantage of because of your desire to do everything possible for your child.

Coopers Country
31st January 2017, 10:32 PM
It seems one company is streets ahead on one thing , price . I cannot get my head around this at all , $4,800 for any junior sport is ridiculous , I get you want to support your child as well as you can as we all do
But if this is the way supposed fitters make their money they need to take a good hard look at themselves
As everyone else has said it will not make anyway near 5K difference to her game
Do they expect you to come back in a years time and spend it again ?

mrbluu
31st January 2017, 10:44 PM
I agree with some of the guys and personally wouldn't spend that on a junior golfer that is still growing. In fact I wouldn't even spend that money on me.

However if u are buying everything brand new and then getting it custom built, it seems like the right price. Once again I wouldn't/don't buy new retail, but many do and I assume this is what new retail would cost these days.

Driver: $700
3 wood : $400
5 wood $400
Hybrid $250
Irons $1500
Wedges $450
Putter $200
Total $3900.

$1000 for custom shaft upgrades and built to specs is not over the imo.

LarryLong
31st January 2017, 10:56 PM
Call up Jason Day and ask what the clubs he was using as a 12 year old were worth. :)

Seriously though, I think that's waaaaaaaaaaay beyond the point of diminishing returns, even for a kid with talent. I would buy her some affordable clubs and take her on an overseas golf trip if you want to spend that kind of money.

Hatchman
1st February 2017, 12:09 AM

We are only 4 weeks in but this would have to be a POTY contender>

Aussupport
2nd February 2017, 12:53 PM
HI All,

Thanks, I know these shafts are top of the range and custom fit to her etc etc and cost more...... but will these drivers and Irons are comes with some soft of a shafts or just the heads? we didn't try with the default shaft and the performance.

Now just thinking test above mentioned clubs from the golf shop?

As

3Puttpete
2nd February 2017, 12:55 PM
HI All,

Thanks, I know these shafts are top of the range and custom fit to her etc etc and cost more...... but will these drivers and Irons are comes with some soft of a shafts or just the heads? we didn't try with the default shaft or the performance.

Now just thinking test above mentioned clubs from the golf shop?

As

Why would you not try stock shafts?

You might be paying $3k for shaft upgrades that gain 2 metres and no accuracy

3oneday
2nd February 2017, 12:59 PM
What clubs were they selling you. I'd assume she would need graphite shafts, which would make even off the shelf expensive.

Dotty
2nd February 2017, 01:41 PM
Power Golf have 2016 Callaway Solaire ladies sets for $1100 on their website.

What is needed to make these suitable for a 12yo ?

Might be worth a visit. They are just up the road from Pureform and I think they have the same launch monitors and fitting bays as Castle Hill.

Forecaddie
3rd February 2017, 09:29 AM
Coolclubs is opening this week at Pittwater driving range. They will give Pureform a run for the money.

Captain Nemo
3rd February 2017, 09:54 AM
Coolclubs is opening this week at Pittwater driving range. They will give Pureform a run for the money. Except they are miles out of town...

8081travis
3rd February 2017, 12:10 PM
Except they are miles out of town...

Out of our 15 minute radius you mean!

Micdeez
20th February 2017, 01:04 PM
Power Golf have 2016 Callaway Solaire ladies sets for $1100 on their website.

What is needed to make these suitable for a 12yo ?

Might be worth a visit. They are just up the road from Pureform and I think they have the same launch monitors and fitting bays as Castle Hill.

Power Golf at Castle Hill are an absolute professional bunch.
Had a great experience with them...

JADO75
20th February 2017, 01:50 PM
Yep, Nick & Toddy are superstars

YonexMan
20th February 2017, 03:24 PM
I contacted Cool Clubs - too expensive for my wallet. They wrote back and a 90 minute fitting for irons cost well over $200. They also don't stock all the major brands - only a select few.

Getting fitted for irons - I would prefer to go to one place and be able to try any brand I want to try - I have no brand loyalty. Just want the best performing clubs for my money - otherwise I would end up thinking at some stage and wondering if brand-XYZ would have been better - but just wasn't one of the offerings where I was/am going to be fitted.

I can't see the point in paying that much money and being restricted to only a select few clubs to try. If they had a bigger range - yep - no worries.

Micdeez
21st February 2017, 10:16 PM
Power Golf will soon be stocking Titleist, so I've been told. Might be worth a trip rather than Cool Clubs? Otherwise Pure Form?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forecaddie
22nd February 2017, 07:06 AM
Call this company and see what OEMs they have- http://www.precisiongolf.com.au/

Forecaddie
22nd February 2017, 07:09 AM
Also, will say that Cool clubs has the best equipment and no other has a driver loft and lie machine for driver fittings.