PDA

View Full Version : USA shoe sizing

olddogmike
26th January 2017, 07:59 PM
I am reading conflicting information re: shoe sizing from USA. Some say they are the same, others say that their 9 is an 8 in Oz sizing. Has anyone had any experience buying shoe from USA?

PeteyD
26th January 2017, 08:06 PM
Us 10. 5 is Australia's 9.5.

davidw88
26th January 2017, 08:06 PM
Pretty sure Aus uses the same size as UK size so a 9 UK is a 10US

Daves
26th January 2017, 08:08 PM
I am reading conflicting information re: shoe sizing from USA. Some say they are the same, others say that their 9 is an 8 in Oz sizing. Has anyone had any experience buying shoe from USA?

Yes and no. In Men's sizes there is usually 1 difference e.g. US 10 = UK/Oz 9. There is also a difference in half sizing. A UK/OZ half size is usually just wider, whereas the US half is also longer. Women's sizing is different again.

https://www.dcshoes.com.au/sizing-charts

LarryLong
26th January 2017, 08:09 PM
In my limited experience, everything varies from company to company, and sometimes shoe to shoe. When I bought a pair of True Linkswear shoes a few years ago I sent them an email and asked them how to fit their shoes to make sure I got it right.

Failing that, here's a pretty good guide from our good friends at google: https://www.mathers.com.au/need-help/size-guide/

blurry
27th January 2017, 12:17 AM
Except Taylormade which are only a half size smaller than US , 9 US = 8.5 AUS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solarbear
27th January 2017, 02:27 PM
I think we usually use the US sizing in most stores in Australia. I seem to be a 10 whether in the USA or Oz store.

goughy
27th January 2017, 03:35 PM
And then add in that every companies idea of a 10 may be different from each others! I have everything from (I guess) 9.5 to 11's. Heck, I'm wearing 11 in a Brooks trail running shoe for work, and a different model trail running shoe by Brooks I'd be 10.5 (and this was Brooks telling me that).

nadg63
3rd February 2017, 08:15 PM
Have found with all my Puma shoes that sizing is UK11 or its equivalent a US12.

dM.
6th February 2017, 08:06 PM
AU/UK -> US = 1 Size Difference (10AU/UK = 11US) *** Adidas work of Half a size difference so 10AU/UK = 10.5 US ***

I Personally find that I wear everything in the same US sizing (Asic Trainers, PUMA, Adidas, etc) except for FJ which I take half a size smaller.

olddogmike
7th February 2017, 05:32 PM
Heres the reason for my enquiry, I have just bought this pair of retro FJ Classics from USA, these were actually made in USA and are a full leather build. I just remover the spikes and fitted soft cleats, more than enough grip there.:lol:

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2017, 05:39 PM
Heres the reason for my enquiry, I have just bought this pair of retro FJ Classics from USA, these were actually made in USA and are a full leather build. I just remover the spikes and fitted soft cleats, more than enough grip there.:lol:

Great shoes.

A mate of mine works at Drummonds and he was telling me that Footjoy actually tweaked their sizing about a year ago.

I've probably owned a dozen pairs of FJ over the year and I couldn't find a pair to fit me when I was trying them on recently.

olddogmike
7th February 2017, 05:46 PM
Great shoes.

A mate of mine works at Drummonds and he was telling me that Footjoy actually tweaked their sizing about a year ago.

I've probably owned a dozen pairs of FJ over the year and I couldn't find a pair to fit me when I was trying them on recently.

Yes for $25 + $25 shipping I am happy.:lol:

Danieljc
3rd March 2018, 08:30 PM
Just have a quick query, does Nike golf shoes run the same size/ fit as their normal shoes. I have tried other brands and they are slighty out as I am looking at eastbay don't want to run into hassles if they need to be returned.

Ron Burgundy
3rd March 2018, 09:03 PM
Just have a quick query, does Nike golf shoes run the same size/ fit as their normal shoes. I have tried other brands and they are slighty out as I am looking at eastbay don't want to run into hassles if they need to be returned. I’m the same size in all Nike shoes and the fit seems consistent.

Danieljc
3rd March 2018, 09:59 PM
Excellent, thanks Ron

keymaster
4th March 2018, 01:26 PM
Each brand is different between UK and US sizes. Aus sizes usually align with US sizes.

Nike UK sizes are a full size down from US. Ie. Nike 9us is 8uk

Adidas UK sizes are half a size down. Ie. Adidas 9US is 8.5UK

I believe footjoy and most other major brands follow the Nike method.

Google each of the brand's size charts. That'll confirm what I've said.

Fit is completely different conversation... Especially with wide, narrow, medium etc...

3Puttpete
4th March 2018, 05:03 PM
I always thought ours and the UK were the same and if buying US sizes you go a size up

Daves
4th March 2018, 05:58 PM
I always thought ours and the UK were the same and if buying US sizes you go a size up

x 2.

Jerrymoo
5th March 2018, 08:25 AM
I find a lot of what's available here in Aust. is in a 'Wide' fitting: FootJoy, Adidas, Nike... and so on.

In Nike trainers, I take a US 12 regular fit... but most golf shoes I seem to take a US 11 Wide.