PDA

View Full Version : Travel/car pooling arrangements

KristianJ
24th January 2017, 08:54 PM
Thread for arranging lifts/rides/what not.

I'll have a hire car (unsure of size, but most likely medium) and will have room for 2, maybe 3, plus clubs? Even though I'll be there from Wed, happy to pick people up from Tullamarine on Fri (Thur I've got plans before heading to Sunshine).

Car about $40/day, plus conservative estimate of $100 fuel/tolls, so happy for passengers to chip in accordingly if they can.

I'll update OP as others post...

adlo
24th January 2017, 09:07 PM
What time are you in on Wednesday Kristian?

I am keen to carpool, in on Wed PM, count me in.

WBennett
24th January 2017, 09:09 PM
I am picking up the opposition captain Thursday lunchtime and will have room for one more everywhere til Monday

Captain Nemo
24th January 2017, 09:13 PM
I'm hoping Slug can give me a lift from the airport to golf Friday, then I'll jump in wherever till Sunday.
I'll need a ride back to the city or airport Sunday arvo...

Slug
24th January 2017, 09:24 PM
Yeah mate all sweet

G.K
24th January 2017, 09:28 PM
I am picking up the opposition captain Thursday lunchtime and will have room for one more everywhere til Monday

I plan to get in Thursday morning. I can amuse myself at the airport until lunchtime if you reckon you'll have room for a third. What time are you due to pick Aaron up?

I'm hoping Slug can give me a lift from the airport to golf Friday, then I'll jump in wherever till Sunday.
I'll need a ride back to the city or airport Sunday arvo...

I'll need to get to the airport for Sunday arvo/evening so happy to split a cab with you if need be. What time you flying out? I still have to book my flight.

KristianJ
24th January 2017, 09:29 PM
adlo, I get in around 2pm, but am visiting friends that afternoon/evening and Thur before Sunshine.

If you've got accommodation locked in somewhere, happy to get you there and pick you up for the trip to Sunshine. Otherwise, count yourself in for the rest of the time!

Captain Nemo
24th January 2017, 09:41 PM
I plan to get in Thursday morning. I can amuse myself at the airport until lunchtime if you reckon you'll have room for a third. What time are you due to pick Aaron up?

I'll need to get to the airport for Sunday arvo/evening so happy to split a cab with you if need be. What time you flying out? I still have to book my flight.

GK, 5.30pm Sunday arvo.

BenM
25th January 2017, 11:57 AM

I get in Thursday morning too (9:30am), and don't have a confirmed ride yet, if anyone else is coming past that way? I'm happy to hang round for a while as well if it helps get a few of us together.

oldracer
25th January 2017, 06:11 PM
I can grab u Benny M and provide the golf shuttle for champs

BenM
25th January 2017, 07:42 PM
I can grab u Benny M and provide the golf shuttle for champs

Al that'd be awesome - thanks heaps man!

I'm happy to chuck in for fuel/beers whatever of course. Though I am gonna try and go a bit easier on the beers this year myself seeing as I'm all fitness freak and stuff now. Or just a freak :p

Are you bringing the Naga bus?

oldracer
25th January 2017, 08:06 PM
All good mate, bringing the mini naga so not as much room this year

BenM
25th January 2017, 08:25 PM
No worries. Yeah I wasn't concerned either way; was just curious. Guess with a few less attendees there'll be less need to ferry around heaps of us anyway. I'm sure it'll still be plenty entertaining :)

KristianJ
26th January 2017, 02:45 PM
Just confirming that my car will be a small...So I think 2 passengers plus clubs will be the most I can do.

adlo, got your PM. I'll be in touch next week to sort out Wed/Thur.

Feelzy
26th January 2017, 07:32 PM
I will have my car available for Saturday/Sunday.

It's a Cruze so could fit either 1-2 people and likely clubs or 3-4 people and clubs in another car or trailer if someone has one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LarryLong
26th January 2017, 08:13 PM
I'll have my wagon with plenty of room for clubs and I'll be available for pickups/dropoffs - not quite sure of the days yet because work are starting to make some noises about my leave because of a big project we have on at the moment, but I'm hoping I'll get the green light in the next day or so.

LeftyHoges
27th January 2017, 04:14 PM
Is this the "who can tolerate Solarman in their car today" thread?

I've taken the grenade Thursday, he's up for grabs after that.