PDA

View Full Version : Ping G Series Irons Help

Deester
19th January 2017, 03:49 PM
Just picked up a set of Ping G Series irons and was wanting to know if anyone knows if these can be bent easily ? I know the g25/30's where a little challengingly rigid.

Alternatively ... Does anyone know how you get in touch with Ping AU and what the process/cost is to get them to do it ? The irons where bought (new) off eBay, so don't think the retailers will be any help in getting any info about it.

Any help appreciated.

Hard_Pan
19th January 2017, 05:30 PM
Hi Deester. Up until I sold my G25s to a fellow NH Member I was aware that the best thing you could do was send them to Ping (contact them at ping@americangolf.com.au), and for $60 or so, they'll bend them and repaint the dots. However, my mate had a club fitter he knew do it for him for $2 a club. So, more than one way to skin a cat it seems.

Doesn't matter where you brought them from, either a rep will pick them up or you can post them.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I miss my G25s. They were great clubs to play when injured.

Oldplayer
19th January 2017, 08:04 PM
Should bend ok just how much is the issue. I recently bent some g15's from blue dot to purple. That's about 2 and a half to 3 degrees. Used an extension tube on the bending bar on a standard mitchell lie and loft machine and they went reasonably easy with no sign of fracturing.

Jazz18
19th January 2017, 11:42 PM
Very difficult to bend by anyone except ping. Just ring American Golf on (02) 9524 8233 and see if you can speak to Murray. He is a really good guy. They are in Caringbah in Sydney. The retail stores may be no help to you but try the pro shop at your club. They might be willing to send them back to Ping for you if Ping won't/can't deal with you direct.

Edit: Ping normally bend their clubs by hitting them with a really big mallet. Not something you'd want anyone to do themselves if they haven't done it before.

petethepilot
20th January 2017, 12:07 PM
Pings are hard to bend.
Recommend sending them to Ping.

3oneday
20th January 2017, 01:16 PM
Brave man buying new on ebay, hopefully not in Australia.

pt73
20th January 2017, 01:36 PM
A mate of mine bought his G25s from his brother who bought them new through our Pro Shop and Ping Australia changed the lofts/lies for free.

They will check the serial # to make sure they were sold here otherwise you may be charged for the work.

Jazz is correct that they use a hammer to shock the metal, I've watched them do it and it's weird.

Deester
20th January 2017, 01:55 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info ... Appreciate it. I'll get in touch with Ping and see what they say, happy to pay for the work if need be.

Brave ... how so ? Bought a few new (other brand) sets on US eBay in the past with no dramas.

Yeah, purchased from the US for considerably less delivered than the average asking price of used sets locally.

Hard_Pan
20th January 2017, 02:43 PM
A mate of mine bought his G25s from his brother who bought them new through our Pro Shop and Ping Australia changed the lofts/lies for free. Yes, I too was told that Ping will change the lofts and lies of their clubs for "free" however I was also told that a "shipping" fee of $60.00 "had to be paid", after I offered to have them delivered personally to the Ping distributors locale. Keen to know what was said and done to avoid this in your mate's case.

perci
20th January 2017, 03:22 PM

Why?

pt73
20th January 2017, 10:04 PM
Yes, I too was told that Ping will change the lofts and lies of their clubs for "free" however I was also told that a "shipping" fee of $60.00 "had to be paid", after I offered to have them delivered personally to the Ping distributors locale. Keen to know what was said and done to avoid this in your mate's case.
Our proshop rang Ping, explained the situation, gave them the serial # and booked a fitting. He left the clubs and picked them up 2 days later as his office is close by.

3oneday
20th January 2017, 11:33 PM
Why?no reason.