PDA

View Full Version : High launch, low/ mid spin 60 gram driver shafts

davepuppies
18th January 2017, 04:02 PM
Can anyone recommend one?

I like the AD DI 6S, but it weighs high 60s, was thinking something a tad lighter.

I have a TP7HD in my 917, and would something lighter, and higher launching.

Cheers

benno_r
18th January 2017, 04:24 PM
Can anyone recommend one?

I like the AD DI 6S, but it weighs high 60s, was thinking something a tad lighter.

I have a TP7HD in my 917, and would something lighter, and higher launching.

Cheers

Dave,

I use Accra CS-1 which are highish launch and lowish spin - 49g (50g). They also come in 58g (60g). They pop up on eBay Aus every now and then for $125 bucks or so.

M3 flex is a touch less than stiff. M4 is like soft stepped X flex.

Cheers,
Ben

davepuppies
18th January 2017, 04:25 PM
Dave,

I use Accra CS-1 which are highish launch and lowish spin - 49g (50g). They also come in 58g (60g). They pop up on eBay Aus every now and then for $125 bucks or so.

M3 flex is a touch less than stiff. M4 is like soft stepped X flex.

Cheers,
Ben

How stable is it Benno?

Does it balloon when you give it a wallop?

benno_r
18th January 2017, 04:29 PM
How stable is it Benno?

Does it balloon when you give it a wallop?

Very very stable, and no issues with ballooning. Got fit for it at Pureform, and nothing else came close.

Nuffie
18th January 2017, 11:59 PM
Maybe a similar shaft to the Miyazaki Blue shaft, that came in the Srixon U45 hybrid. I think they can be purchased to go into driver, in 6S. They have a mid kick, high launch with low spin. I think they are called the Kosuma Blue. Great feeling and performing range of shafts.

RobNewy
19th January 2017, 12:30 PM
I have recently moved over to the House of Forged Express.
63g and its great.

Definitely no balloning, and plenty long

Jazz18
19th January 2017, 01:11 PM
I've found Fubuki shafts pretty good Dave. The Fubuki tour in fairway woods and Fubiki Alpha in the driver. I've got a Fubuki alpha driver shaft with a titty tip on it if you want to give it a go. Not sure I can part with it but more than happy for you to grab it for a test drive at some stage. Pretty easy to launch and pretty good with spin.

Edit: it is a 60s

davepuppies
19th January 2017, 01:16 PM
I've found Fubuki shafts pretty good Dave. The Fubuki tour in fairway woods and Fubiki Alpha in the driver. I've got a Fubuki alpha driver shaft with a titty tip on it if you want to give it a go. Not sure I can part with it but more than happy for you to grab it for a test drive at some stage. Pretty easy to launch and pretty good with spin.

Edit: it is a 60s

Might be a plan when we eventually get a game together!