PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 12 June 2006

jimandr
12th June 2006, 02:52 PM
A public holiday Monday means I get to start the thread.

Camden Valley today with the NSW OzGolfers.

Played well for my 35 points, three bad holes for three double bogeys killed a good score.

Fairways = 9 of 14
Greens in Reg = 12 of 18
Putts = 35, one three putt, no birdies
Up & Down = 1 of 4
Sand Saves = 1 of 2.

Courty
12th June 2006, 04:19 PM
Just played a social 18 with my neighbours. Shot a lazy 75 off the social tees. It feels like cheating as some of the social tees are 100m in front of where the comp tees are.

PeteyD
12th June 2006, 05:22 PM
Fist time out in a while, and first time at Redland Bay since April. Not good with 23 Points with a bunch of wipes coming home as I got tired. Finished with 2 pars though.

connico
13th June 2006, 04:50 PM
39 points, good driving and poor putting let me down for what could have been a cracker of a round.

shazza_rs
13th June 2006, 04:56 PM
Played a social round with Pete at Riverlakes ....

Had a 87/69
Played matchplay against petey... got up 4 and 2. It was square at half way..... I had a 40 for the back nine.... played like a spaz for the front nine.

Jarro
13th June 2006, 05:34 PM
.... played like a spaz for the front nine.

sorry, but you aren't allowed to say that :smt018

BrisVegas
13th June 2006, 07:57 PM
Played matchplay against petey... got up 4 and 2.... he played like a spaz...

yay shazza! I knew you could take him. :-D :smt002

shazza_rs
13th June 2006, 08:09 PM
hes got nothin! ;)

Since we are on the same hcp... we usually have a side match on sundees.... its great fun.

nice sly edit too.... just saw it

PRC
15th June 2006, 07:47 PM
Played Keperra. Played 2 over the h'cap even though we were off the whites. Short game was atrocious, I was 101m from the pin for my 2nd on one hole and ended up taking a 7. How does that happen?
Really wasted a good driving day, drove one of the Par4s and hit a good few out to 270+. I putted for eagle twice and didn't get a birdie. Frustrating. Just can't put it together atm.

BrisVegas
16th June 2006, 06:18 AM
nice sly edit too.... just saw it

heheh.. :-D

Flowergirl
16th June 2006, 07:09 AM
Gee..........second round club champs...........crappy 98 off the stick:shock: what the %$$& happened there......oh that's right....I played like crap thats what.:evil:
Sulk sulk...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Never set yourself a goal-------------that's gunna be my motto from now on. :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
17th June 2006, 01:11 PM
Played Windaroo with Terry this morning. Seemed to hit the ball terribly with lots of snap hooks and assorted garbage. Was startled to find I had 18 points on the first 9. Then fell in a heap on the back with 4 washes and 12 points. Some bastard stole my ball on the 9th (our last) hole too, which cost me a couple of points...

Chipped and putted well, but for two thinned chips OOB!

32 points. 83 gross.
7 fairways
8 GIR
28 putts

Couple of weeks off now until the Gailes game on 2nd July.

Courty
17th June 2006, 04:24 PM
Today was my last round before resuming the Club Champs next weekend. It wasn't particularly promising today. My ballstriking was ordinary at best.
I scored 31 pts with 2 wipes (both on shot holes :evil:). Can't be bothered working out the stats, but I hit very few fairways or greens and putted fair.

jimandr
17th June 2006, 05:29 PM
A very ordinary day today for 32 points. Awful around and on the greens after my confidence was destroyed by 3 putts on 1 then 4 putts on 2.

Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens in Reg = 9 of 18
Putts = 37, 2 threes, 1 four, 1 birdie
Up and Down = 2 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 1.

Pinglauncher
18th June 2006, 05:34 PM
Had 3 down today in a PAR event. Nothing remarkable but pretty happy with the way I hit the ball and putting was solid. It just seemed nothing would drop today.

The best thing however was it was probably the first time in about 3 months that I actually enjoyed being on the course. I committed before teeing off to treating it like a social game and just enjoying myself. It was a nice change to enjoy the good shots and laugh about the bad ones.

3oneday
18th June 2006, 06:09 PM
The best thing however was it was probably the first time in about 3 months that I actually enjoyed being on the course. I committed before teeing off to treating it like a social game and just enjoying myself. It was a nice change to enjoy the good shots and laugh about the bad ones.yay !!!!!!!

AndyP
19th June 2006, 02:15 AM
The best thing however was it was probably the first time in about 3 months that I actually enjoyed being on the course. I committed before teeing off to treating it like a social game and just enjoying myself. It was a nice change to enjoy the good shots and laugh about the bad ones.
I hear ya. It's working for me.

Grunt
19th June 2006, 07:24 AM
Well hopefully I will break my lull this week too. Plan is to play on Thursday and maybe Saturday.

cazandpaul
19th June 2006, 02:07 PM
Caz and I got runner-up in the gross of Mixed Foursomes champs - need someone to hit every second shot for me on a weekly basis.

Flowergirl
19th June 2006, 03:00 PM
Caz and I got runner-up in the gross of Mixed Foursomes champs - need someone to hit every second shot for me on a weekly basis.

Ha..good one. :mrgreen:

McMw
19th June 2006, 05:50 PM
Started off sat pm with a pull draw OOBs off the first hole - what a start...
finished the round 5over 75...wat a waste!!!

Played Eastwood on Sunday - terrible putting round on bermuda greens...took me 7 holes to get the right putting technique...played the last 11 holes in 3over - pity I played the first 7 in 10over...

AndyP
22nd June 2006, 08:58 AM
18/06/2006, Nudgee GC, Nudgee Plate

FWRR: Is this a breakthrough?

9/14 effective T-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
7/11 up and down successes.
25 putts.
--------------
2 birdies.
7 pars.
8 bogeys.
1 double.

Score 39-40-79 nett 66 (Par 36-35-71)

Played with a big OZgolf group on Sunday, equipped with my new attitude to golf. Just enjoy the day and not worry about how I'm hitting it. It was fun.

I'm using the driver a lot more now, as it's more fun to hit, and only really paid for it once (found the dam on the 1st, our 10th). Didn't really hit anything well with the irons. The only three greens I hit were from within 105m, and it wasn't from lack of chances. However, when I got near the greens, I played really well. Got the chips close enough to give the putter a chance, including a chip-in bird on the 10th, our 1st, and sunk a lot of putts.

The question is, can I keep this attitude if I am having a shocker, or is the attitude a major contributer to playing well? We'll see.

Next round: Saturday, June 24. Nambour GC, Single Par.

BrisVegas
22nd June 2006, 10:51 AM
3/18 effective approaches.
7/11 up and down successes.
25 putts.
The question is, can I keep this attitude if I am having a shocker, or is the attitude a major contributer to playing well? We'll see.

i see you've discovered my secret to improving your putting stats!! Just miss all the greens!! :-D :p

I hope you continue to keep a carefree attitude and shoot the lights out. Life is too short to hit 22deg hybrids off the tee, nice to you using the driver again.:)

AndyP
22nd June 2006, 11:01 AM
FGI Stats tells me I'm hitting 26% of greens (or fringes). I'd like to hit 1 in 3.
The ironplay on Sunday was all over the place, pushes and pulls, which shows how important a good short game is.