PDA

View Full Version : Toowoomba City ProAM 19 September 2004

jaster
4th August 2004, 09:24 AM
Any interest in making this an Ozgolf Day? I'll be playing for sure and I think Goughy will :shock:

1. Leon
2. Goughy

We can get morning and afternoon times but I think the afternoon times are for City members only as it's usually the big Pros who play at this time in a seeded draw.

LMK

BrisVegas
4th August 2004, 09:37 AM
Sounds like fun to me. Put me down as a starter (I'm a City member still).

Hopefully a few others will be tempted up the hill for a game. Afternoon is definitely preferable in Toowoomba. Too bloody cold in the AM. :shock:

jaster
4th August 2004, 09:45 AM
1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

We have our first group 8)

drunken
4th August 2004, 11:03 AM
hey it's my birthday..better stay home for this one :D

Jarro
4th August 2004, 12:06 PM
It's a little far off to predict what i'll be working then ..... but if my roster allows it, i'd love to come up the range for a hit in this 8)

I'll let you know a little closer to the date :wink:

Iain
4th August 2004, 04:34 PM
I've got a day off, so count me in for this one. :lol:

Iain

jaster
4th August 2004, 04:42 PM
Cool, 1 or 2 more for another Group guys!

1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

4. Iain
5. Jarro (maybe)

AndyP
5th August 2004, 09:01 AM
Nothing in my diary says I can't play this one. Heavily pencil me in. :wink:

1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

4. Iain
5. Jarro (maybe)
6. AndyP (probably)

jaster
14th August 2004, 03:58 PM
Anyone else interested in playing?

AndyP
14th August 2004, 04:27 PM
1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

4. Iain
5. AndyP
6. Jarro (maybe)

I'm in pen now, Jaster. 8)
Chuck it in the Ozgolf Calendar. :wink:

jaster
14th August 2004, 06:05 PM
Fixed :)

nudgee
23rd August 2004, 08:53 PM
If Jarro drops off I will come to toowoomba.

Jamie

terryand
23rd August 2004, 09:35 PM
Jarro and Nudgee,isn't this the date of the holden scramble at Nudgee?

Terry.

jaster
23rd August 2004, 09:46 PM
I think names are probably due in within a week so I'll check tomorrow....anymore interest?

1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

4. Iain
5. AndyP
6. Jarro (or maybe Nudgee or maybe neither?)

Lets get this written in stone guys 8)

Jarro
23rd August 2004, 09:58 PM

Terry.

..nah, thats on the 17th mate.

AndyP
23rd August 2004, 10:03 PM

Terry.

..nah, thats on the 17th mate.
So are you in Terry. If so we could get three groups going here, with Nudgee as well. :idea:

jaster
23rd August 2004, 10:08 PM
So your in then Jarro? 8)

Nudgee, I can still get a spot for you mate...we'll just play in ozgolf groups of 2??

jaster
23rd August 2004, 10:10 PM
Yeah comeon...the pressure is on Tezza....you can do it mate!!! :wink:

BrisVegas
24th August 2004, 07:19 AM
I'm still in. 8) If you're looking for another player, I could ask Jayson. He came to the range night last night and has played one other ozgolf event at Gailes.

Let me know if you need him and I'll drop him a line...

Iain
24th August 2004, 08:29 AM
Jaster,

I'm still in for this one. 8)

Iain

Jarro
24th August 2004, 09:23 AM
Jaster,

.. i'm out for this one mate :(

jaster
24th August 2004, 05:43 PM
Bugger jarro :(, oh well welcome Nudgee!! :wink:

1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

4. Iain
5. AndyP
6. Nudgee

Onewood
24th August 2004, 05:55 PM

1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

4. Iain
5. AndyP
6. Nudgee

Don't you guy's ever work :roll: :D

terryand
24th August 2004, 05:58 PM

I'd be pushing my luck after playing in the scramble on Friday then at Windy on Saturday :smt090

Sunday would make it 3 on the trot and a little hard to slide past Jo :smt012

Terry.

jaster
24th August 2004, 06:06 PM

1. Jaster
2. Goughy
3. Vegas

4. Iain
5. AndyP
6. Nudgee

Umm...it's a Sunday...so no I don't ever work on a Sunday :wink:

terryand
24th August 2004, 06:06 PM

I'd be pushing my luck after playing in the scramble on Friday then at Windy on Saturday :smt090

Terry.

jaster
24th August 2004, 06:09 PM

Terry.

So playing a normal Comp at your home course is more important than playing a Proam away with fellow ozgolfers hey? Atleast we know where your priorities are :lol: :wink:

Jarro
24th August 2004, 06:09 PM

what's wrong with ya ...

.. i work 3 out of every 4 weekends :roll: :(

jaster
24th August 2004, 06:10 PM

what's wrong with ya ...

I work for the Commonwealth government...why the hell would I work on a Sunday? :lol:

Jarro
24th August 2004, 06:14 PM

what's wrong with ya ...

I work for the Commonwealth government...why the hell would I work on a Sunday? :lol:

Jaster....
.. government and work should never go together in the same sentence :wink: :lol:

jaster
24th August 2004, 06:39 PM
Spend a day with me mate, you'll soon see that old fallacy went out the window a long time ago. :cry: At least it is good money :D

AndyP
24th August 2004, 07:50 PM
Fair go. You've said yourself that weekends are a no-go for work. You obviously have developed a work conscience all of a sudden. :wink:

Iain
24th August 2004, 08:04 PM
Fair go. You've said yourself that weekends are a no-go for work. You obviously have developed a work conscience all of a sudden. :wink:
He obviously just can't get out of it!! Because it's not often he misses golf. :wink:

I work for the Commonwealth government...why the hell would I work on a Sunday?
I work for the State Government and work 3 out of 4 weekends, at least I go to the same place anyway!!! :lol: :lol:

terryand
24th August 2004, 08:34 PM

Terry.

So playing a normal Comp at your home course is more important than playing a Proam away with fellow ozgolfers hey? Atleast we know where your priorities are :lol: :wink:

Gotta master my home course before I spread my wings :smt120

Not going to travel that far to shoot 90 in front of you guys :smt019

Although City could be good for the confidence after the rogering windy has been giving me :smt023

Terry.

jaster
24th August 2004, 09:01 PM
Come on then, greens will be as fast as Windaroo by then...they are already getting quicker each week. Hey...who cares if you shoot a 90? Not me :!:

terryand
24th August 2004, 09:23 PM
Its not the speed of the greens, I'm lovin that side of them :smt045

Its the bloody shape of them thats got me stumped :smt017

Terry.

Jarro
25th August 2004, 05:11 AM
Its not the speed of the greens, I'm lovin that side of them :smt045

Its the bloody shape of them thats got me stumped :smt017

Terry.

you sure can get some "interesting" putts on those greens Tezza :roll:

AndyP
31st August 2004, 02:44 PM
I think names are probably due in within a week so I'll check tomorrow....anymore interest?

What's happening with this, Jaster? Are we playing morning or afternoon?

Are the groups staying as they are recorded? I wouldn't mind having a City member in my group, so I know where the hell I am meant to be hitting it. :wink:

BrisVegas
31st August 2004, 07:11 PM
AndyP,
I know City GC fairly well. I'll join your group if you like? It's up to Iain really, as he'd be the one having to switch places with me. I'm easy! :wink:

jaster
31st August 2004, 07:16 PM
Sorry guys, the time sheet it not out until this Friday - but I am going to be away so I'll see if goughy can get our names down.

The groups are not set, they are just in the order that people registered in :)

AndyP
1st September 2004, 07:14 AM
AndyP,
I know City GC fairly well. I'll join your group if you like? It's up to Iain really, as he'd be the one having to switch places with me. I'm easy! :wink:
Just wanted to mention it, so it could be taken into consideration when goughy puts our names down.

goughy
3rd September 2004, 06:38 PM
Well, the time sheets didn't come out tonite. Don't know why. I'll check again tomorrow. Gonna try and give us an easier finish. It's a shotgun start, and gonna try and get the 8th and 9th holes. That way the finish isn't too difficult and we're not far from the clubhouse when we start and finish.

Onewood
3rd September 2004, 06:43 PM
Well, the time sheets didn't come out tonite. Don't know why. I'll check again tomorrow. Gonna try and give us an easier finish. It's a shotgun start, and gonna try and get the 8th and 9th holes. That way the finish isn't too difficult and we're not far from the clubhouse when we start and finish.

Hitting off 1 or 10 isn't bad :wink: with the pull, you guy's have got :D

AndyP
5th September 2004, 12:22 PM
It's a shotgun start
:?: What time?

goughy
5th September 2004, 01:00 PM
Sorry guys but they are holding the timesheets for this until friday. Very unusual for them to not be out a fortnight in advance. We were aiming for the early time slot, about 7am ish. This OK???

AndyP
5th September 2004, 01:02 PM
We were aiming for the early time slot, about 7am ish. This OK???
It's bloody early, considering travel, but this is a better time for me than an afternoon round.

nudgee
5th September 2004, 04:18 PM
sorry guys gotta drop off this one as we are installing timber floors on the house that weekend

J

BrisVegas
6th September 2004, 07:03 AM
sorry guys gotta drop off this one as we are installing timber floors on the house that weekend

J

Sorry you can't make it Nudge. I'd love to have seen you blast your way around City! :lol:

Seeing as we're one player short now, I asked my mate Jayson if he wanted to play, hope that's OK Goughy/Jaster. He'll let me know for sure in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Dion

jaster
6th September 2004, 07:35 PM
Jayson is fine vegas....whats his fullname and which club is he a member at?

BrisVegas
6th September 2004, 07:55 PM
pm sent.

AndyP
7th September 2004, 07:31 AM
Time to start thinking about car pooling, as there are 4 of us going from Brisbane area.

I can drive up, if required.

BrisVegas
7th September 2004, 12:35 PM
Sounds good AndyP. count me in. Wanna all meet up at my joint? I'm about the furthest west...

I think yours is the flashest car, so I'm happy to chip in for fuel and maccas for ya. :wink:

P.S. Jayson is a confirmed starter now.

AndyP
7th September 2004, 01:19 PM
I'm happy to chip in for maccas for ya. :wink:

That won't be necessary. :smt078

Did you want the baby seat again, Vegas? It's facing forward now. :mrgreen:

Iain
7th September 2004, 06:19 PM
Time to start thinking about car pooling, as there are 4 of us going from Brisbane area.

I can drive up, if required.

Sounds Good AndyP, I'll get to Vegas' place to get picked up with him from there!! :lol:

AndyP
7th September 2004, 06:42 PM
Sounds Good AndyP, I'll get to Vegas' place to get picked up with him from there!! :lol:
OK then, I'll drive. :smt011 :wink:

We'll work out the finer details next week.

Looks like I will need to take the babyseat out, to fit you units in the car. Not sure that any of your cars would make it up the hill with this load anyway. :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
8th September 2004, 06:45 AM
Did you want the baby seat again, Vegas? It's facing forward now. :mrgreen:

Well, I can't see Iain fitting in that damn thing! :roll:

Thanks for facing it forwards this time. I got a little nauseous last time. Sleepy and comfy, but a bit green.... :smt078

jaster
10th September 2004, 06:19 PM
Got our names in guys...it's a 7am shotgun start!!

We have the following tees and positions

10a Jaster & Iain

11a. Goughy & Vegas

11b. AndyP & Jayson

I got there and there was a massive line up, so when I finally got to the sheet places were pretty limited, we have to go in groups of 2 as there are actually 2 Pros to most groups...interesting. I also had a mind blank for names and went unprepared so just wrote down any names :oops: :lol: I'll go tomorrow and change them hehe :roll:

Can't wait guys it is going to be a great day!! $10000 in prizes apparently??

goughy
10th September 2004, 06:34 PM
Excellent jasater. Thanks mate. So we're looking at 2 pro's a group. That's a pretty good turnout for city. They'd be pretty happy with that.

A few years ago when I played I had 2 pro's in my group, and you couldn't meet 2 different people. One hardly said boo throughout the round. The other chatted, congratulated good shots, told us what it was like on the tour etc etc.

Looking forward to this one. I love the pro-ams.

Pitty I alway bring my 'z' game. Might have to change that this year.

jaster
10th September 2004, 06:42 PM
No worries goughy...and by the way...my name is Jaster :lol: :wink:

AndyP
10th September 2004, 09:15 PM
10a Jaster & Iain

11a. Goughy & Vegas

11b. AndyP & Jayson

What happened to my course guide? I hope Jayson knows his way around City GC. :razz: :cool:

2 Pros. :shock: Hope I don't embarrass myself. Vegas, what does Jayson play off. I need someone to take the focus off me. :wink:

jaster
10th September 2004, 09:47 PM
Groups aren't set mate ;)

BrisVegas
11th September 2004, 06:56 PM
10a Jaster & Iain

11a. Goughy & Vegas

11b. AndyP & Jayson

What happened to my course guide? I hope Jayson knows his way around City GC. :razz: :cool:

2 Pros. :shock: Hope I don't embarrass myself. Vegas, what does Jayson play off. I need someone to take the focus off me. :wink:

I'm sure we can switch around AndyP - we're on the same hole! I think Jayson (off 17) is pretty keen to play with me anyway, so you could always play with Goughy. Tht'd mean there's a City member in each group. We can sort it out on the day or whatever. :wink:

AndyP
11th September 2004, 07:13 PM
8)

Not trying to make an issue of it, or be hard-to-please. I'm just discussing it.

Iain
12th September 2004, 06:03 PM
8)

Not trying to make an issue of it, or be hard-to-please. I'm just discussing it.
Yeah AndyP, we all know how hard to please you are.... :P :wink:

AndyP
13th September 2004, 10:30 AM
8)

Actually, I do have one preference now. Don't put me in the same group as Iain. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Iain
13th September 2004, 12:12 PM
8)

Actually, I do have one preference now. Don't put me in the same group as Iain. :twisted: :mrgreen:
Excellent, my plan worked..... :smt038 [-o< =D> :wink:

jaster
13th September 2004, 04:55 PM
Groups are....

10a - Jaster, Iain

11a - Goughy, Andy

11b - Vegas, Vegas mate

Iain
13th September 2004, 06:04 PM
Groups are....

10a - Jaster, Iain

11a - Goughy, Andy

11b - Vegas, Vegas mate

Looking forward to it. 8)

goughy
13th September 2004, 06:26 PM
Me too iain. I luuuuv pro-ams, although I usually play as bad as I do at ozgolf events :oops:

And with the shotgun start, we'll be finishing close together timewise.

Great for getting into the bar for a drink (read coke) and maybe some lunch this time eh. No one needs to rush off do they?

One thing I do like is looking in all the bags around the putting green before tee off. Man there are some dollars worth of clubs there. Almost as much as when iain, jarro and trung get together (and yess andyp, I intentially left you out :wink: ).

Iain
13th September 2004, 06:32 PM
One thing I do like is looking in all the bags around the putting green before tee off. Man there are some dollars worth of clubs there. Almost as much as when iain, jarro and trung get together (and yess andyp, I intentially left you out :wink: ).

You don't want to know how much I've got my bag insured for under the Contents Insurance Policy!!! :oops:

There's alot more people you could add to the list if you want to.... Cough*Jaster, Goughy*Cough

goughy
13th September 2004, 06:42 PM

There's alot more people you could add to the list if you want to.... Cough*Jaster, Goughy*Cough

It is funny. A few years ago I would be drooling all over there bags. Who knows, maybe some pro will be drooling over mine :roll:

jaster
13th September 2004, 06:45 PM
HAHA...not likely mate....my bag cost me a grand total of approx $1100.... :wink: Same price as your R7 and 510TP :lol:

AndyP
14th September 2004, 08:39 AM
You don't want to know how much I've got my bag insured for under the Contents Insurance Policy!!! :oops:
I really need to look into this now, after my recent purchases. Old for new, my bag might be worth a bit now.

:?: So 7am tee-off? What time do we want to be leaving Vegas' house, lads? Having a hit on the range beforehand?

BrisVegas
14th September 2004, 12:23 PM
It's about 1hr10min from my place to City GC. If we factor in a Maccas stop at Gatton, it is a 1hr30min trip.

What about we all meet up at 5:00am at my place....?? :shock:

My vote would be to ditch the range beforehand. The range at City is crap anyway. There is a warmup net at the clubhouse if anyone is keen to loosen up. Be better to have a few putts to get a feel for the greens...

AndyP
14th September 2004, 03:40 PM
OK, 5am at the Vegas mansion, it is. :cool:

Warmup net will be fine for me, if there isn't a line-up. :wink:

Iain
14th September 2004, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a plan guy's, Vegas, can you PM your address please?

Iain

goughy
14th September 2004, 05:55 PM
I'd say that our crappy city range will be full anyway. All the pro's would want to be warming up. We might have to go into this one cold.

I'd figure you'd need about 1.5 hours roughly. Interested in having some lunch afterwards before ya's have to head off??

Iain
14th September 2004, 06:03 PM
I'd say that our crappy city range will be full anyway. All the pro's would want to be warming up. We might have to go into this one cold.
That's ok, we'll just have a putt.

I'd figure you'd need about 1.5 hours roughly. Interested in having some lunch afterwards before ya's have to head off??
As long as my ride is keen, I would be also, as I don't really want to get left behind at Toowoomba.... :roll: :?

Jarro
14th September 2004, 06:51 PM
I don't really want to get left behind at Toowoomba.... :roll: :?

.. can't say i blame you :wink: :lol:

BrisVegas
15th September 2004, 06:56 AM
I'm keen for some lunch at the bistro. Do they still do "Roast of the Day" there ???

I sent Iain and AndyP the directions to my place. Looking forward to it. 8)

AndyP
15th September 2004, 11:37 AM
As long as my ride is keen, I would be also, as I don't really want to get left behind at Toowoomba.... :roll: :?
Depends how I play. ;)
I don't mind hanging around for a bit. :cool:

goughy
15th September 2004, 05:14 PM
I don't really want to get left behind at Toowoomba.... :roll: :?

.. can't say i blame you :wink: :lol:

That's what happend to me 10 years ago and I'm still stuck here :lol:

Jarro
15th September 2004, 05:18 PM

.. a bit of what :? :P

Iain
15th September 2004, 06:36 PM

Get your mind out of the gutter Jarro.... :roll:

AndyP
16th September 2004, 07:44 AM
Why can't you just resist the temptation to type? :roll: :P

BrisVegas
16th September 2004, 12:26 PM
Why can't you just resist the temptation to type? :roll: :P

Gee, I dunno Mr 1549 posts.. Why can't Mr 1800 posts resist the urge.... :lol: :roll:

AndyP
16th September 2004, 01:12 PM
Gee, I dunno Mr 1549 posts.. Why can't Mr 1800 posts resist the urge.... :lol: :roll:
Don't worry, Vegas, even though you are having a go at me, I'll still give you a lift to Toowoomba on Sunday. The trip back on the otherhand.... :twisted:

BrisVegas
16th September 2004, 03:39 PM
Don't worry, Vegas, even though you are having a go at me, I'll still give you a lift to Toowoomba on Sunday. The trip back on the otherhand.... :twisted:

I reckon I'm a pretty good judge of character AndyP. If you couldn't take a good-natured dig like that, I wouldn't have said it!! :wink:

Thanks for the one way lift. Looks like it's good ol' McCafferty's for me on the way home...

jaster
19th September 2004, 01:12 PM
Had a great day, excellent to see a few of the ozgolfers turn up and the weather was perfect 8)

Winner out of the ozgolfers was............................................... ................

GOUGHY with a sweet 40 points (might win something overall also)
Brisvegas - had a great 38 on his home track to take runnerup!!
Jaster - 33
Andyp - 31
Iain - 28
Brisvegas mate - dunno??

Thanks for coming guys and glad the course was in awesome condition for you.

Jarro
19th September 2004, 01:21 PM
nice shootin Goughy =D>

Eag's
19th September 2004, 01:45 PM
Well done Goughy & Vegas :smt023

goughy
19th September 2004, 02:02 PM
Feeling more and more stoked with the round as it sinks in. My irons really saved the day for me (do I hear a 'ping' in the air). Driving wasn't too bad either for a change. Putter sank some longer ones, but I really yipped the short ones. 8 over par with 5 three putts. Yuck. Will have to spend some quality time on the practice greens.

Anyway, feeling pretty good about today.

Thanks for coming up guys (they won't read this for a while yet). It was a great day. And thanks for showing me how to hit a driver andyp. You really knocked some out there today. Sounds like a continuation from friday.

terryand
19th September 2004, 03:40 PM
Well done guys :smt023

Terry.

Iain
19th September 2004, 03:58 PM
Well, I played ok, Hit a couple of decent drives, but am going to change the r7 to a fade setting, as I seem to be hitting more Pulls and draws than fades now, so I will try to remove the left side of the fairway from play.

Didn't hit my irons well at all, I did hit wedge into 2 holes close and just missed the birdie putts on both.

After the round, I had a hit with Goughy's new, Pings, and absolutely striped them, so I think I am on the lookout for a set of more forgiving irons.... If they are Pings, then so be it... :wink: But will look into the Callaway's and LT's, and try a nd get some demo's of all 3 and any others.

I ended up scoring 27 point's.

Iain

BrisVegas
19th September 2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the day guys. Was pretty funny to end up playing with Rob Nichols from Brookwater. Rob played pretty decent and was deadly on the greens for a 69. I was really hoping to give him a run for his money, but left too many putts out there...

Jayson (his new handle is brooky17) had 29 points. He started off strong with 19 on the first nine, but got the "pulls" big time on holes 17,18,1,2,3 which halted his momentum. Still, he loved the course and enjoyed the day.

jaster
19th September 2004, 05:24 PM
Just got spoke with goughy at the club who was picking up his Runnerup trophy....that's right...he missed a 1ft putt on the last to finish 2nd by 1 point :lol: :oops: :roll:

Iain
19th September 2004, 05:34 PM
Just got spoke with goughy at the club who was picking up his Runnerup trophy....that's right...he missed a 1ft putt on the last to finish 2nd by 1 point :lol: :oops: :roll:
#-o :smt018

BrisVegas
19th September 2004, 07:02 PM
Well done Goughy!!!

CCR was 72 today. I'm back on 5.9 again. doh! Well, I held my new 7 hcap for a bloody week. This always happens to me.... :cry: Looks like it's 6 more bad round to get back there again :roll:

Onewood
19th September 2004, 07:10 PM
Great score Goughy 8) Time to see a few more scores going up (hey ClikChick :wink: )

Vegas, Vages picking up with a shot left :oops: :roll: so that makes the 76 with a tripple look even better 8) very consistent, good to see some good form :D

BrisVegas
19th September 2004, 07:28 PM
Vegas, Vages picking up with a shot left :oops: :roll: so that makes the 76 with a tripple look even better 8) very consistent, good to see some good form :D

Thanks Kev. The only consistent theme is poor putting, unfortunately.

Forgot to mention - Thanks AndyP for driving us up and back and feeding us at Maccas (twice). The Mazda 6 proved more than capable of hauling 4 beefy golfers and 5 bags of sticks up the hill. Awesome, thanks!

8) :)

Iain
19th September 2004, 07:32 PM
Forgot to mention - Thanks AndyP for driving us up and back and feeding us at Maccas (twice). The Mazda 6 proved more than capable of hauling 4 beefy golfers and 5 bags of sticks up the hill. Awesome, thanks!

8) :)

Couldn't agree more, Thanks AndyP!!!! =D>

terryand
19th September 2004, 10:18 PM
Yeah thanks Andy, I'll talk to you soon :smt023

Terry.

AndyP
20th September 2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the invite, Toowoomba Lads. I really enjoyed the day and the course.

I'm not worried about the 31 points. Took a while to get going with my irons after a couple of weeks off, and not having a warm-up. Then once I knew the round wasn't going to be anything stunning, I used the opportunity to use some of the newer clubs in the bag, and experiment, which probably cost me a couple of points.

Was pretty impressed with the way goughy was hitting it, and it was good to see him hit a couple of fairways with the driver (he didn't expect to hit any :roll:) I thought some of his recovery/punch shots were stupendous. Well done on the runners up, mate. :D Sorry to hear that the last putt cost you so dearly. :smt011

Jayson (his new handle is brooky17)
This should be mine. :mrgreen:

AndyP
20th September 2004, 09:04 AM
The Mazda 6 proved more than capable of hauling 4 beefy golfers and 5 bags of sticks up the hill.
That's because it is a bloody fantastic car. 8)

goughy
20th September 2004, 04:58 PM
Well done on the runners up, mate. :D Sorry to hear that the last putt cost you so dearly. :smt011

Thanks mate, I was pretty stoked with the result considering the putting.

It all worked out well for me. I picked up a pgf golf bag (what am I gonna do with 4 golf bags). Took it down this arvo and the pro let me exchange it for a voucher. He then rang the ping rep for me and my 54* ping m/b wedge should be here in 2 or 3 days. Best part - only cost me $20.00 extra with the voucher.

Beats any weekend away at club pelican (clikchic probably dosen't think so). Going to seaworld for 4 days next month so it'll have to do her.

As an extra, they have a pro pin shoot out for $1000, nearest the pin on the 18th from about 110mtrs. Went down to see the end of it. Caught the last 10 or so pro's who get 2 shots each. One of the pro's from our driving range had it right up to the end. The last pro with his second ball; the last ball for the day; hit it over the pin and sucked it back and lipped out to win. What a great finish.

markTHEblake
20th September 2004, 08:21 PM
well for me. I picked up a pgf golf bag (what am I gonna do with 4 golf bags)

Donate 'em to the Ozgolf championships as trophies. ;-)

which reminds me, dont you have the spoon?

goughy
20th September 2004, 09:03 PM
I had the spoon but it was returned to me (or earned by me) in 2 pieces by its former owner. Maybe he wasn't happy when he collected it :wink:

AndyP
21st September 2004, 07:44 AM
I had the spoon but it was returned to me (or earned by me) in 2 pieces by its former owner. Maybe he wasn't happy when he collected it :wink:
Do we need a new spoon then?

AndyP
21st September 2004, 08:43 AM
I formally hand over the reigns to you to organise for Oct 31.
How much is this gig paying? :wink:

jaster
21st September 2004, 08:59 PM
Goughy is the best 'A' Grade!!!

http://www.citygolf.com.au/results%20-%20sunday.htm

Sunday Golf Results
19th September, 2004. PRO AM Open Single Stableford Medley

Best Single Stableford Luke Wynhoven 41 pts

Best ‘A’ Grade Dean Gough 40 pts on c/b

Runner Up ‘A’ Grade Mark Thorne 40 pts

2nd Runner Up ‘A’ grade Rohan Dore 39 pts

Best ‘B’ Grade Barry Kennedy 35 pts