PDA

View Full Version : Club Fitting

tanax
13th January 2017, 02:40 PM
Gents,

I wanted to get a driver and looking to get one with proper fitting. Just wondering if I'm going to get one from the GolfBox or Local ProShop, would the staff there do club fitting (FREE) when I buy the club or do I have to pay extra to get it proper fitted. Or what is the cost to get my current irons and driver fitted?

Thanks.

billp
13th January 2017, 03:57 PM
Where are you located?

Dotty
13th January 2017, 04:08 PM
For non-shop fitting, google Pureform for prices.

I think it is approx. $100/hr for fitting - Driver takes 90 mins, irons 2 hours, wedges or putter 1 hour. (I don't know whether the fitting cost is deducted, if you purchase their recommendation, but their equipment prices are in the premium range anyway.)

Don't know about Golfbox, but Power Golf at Castle Hill has two options for fitting. A couple of weeks ago, I used the usual monitor in the nets and they showed me that lofting up an M2 driver wouldn't work and fitted me to a Srixon that got the right launch and spin figures (and cheaper). No charge for the fitting. They also have three bays with fancier launch monitors for hire for practice or comprehensive fittings. I've never used them (except an intro when they first opened last year).

Grumpy8
13th January 2017, 04:23 PM
if you are in melbourne you could try Jon at TGP ,

tanax
13th January 2017, 05:47 PM
Where are you located?

Sorry guys, forgot to mention I'm in Perth

For non-shop fitting, google Pureform for prices.

I think it is approx. $100/hr for fitting - Driver takes 90 mins, irons 2 hours, wedges or putter 1 hour. (I don't know whether the fitting cost is deducted, if you purchase their recommendation, but their equipment prices are in the premium range anyway.)

Don't know about Golfbox, but Power Golf at Castle Hill has two options for fitting. A couple of weeks ago, I used the usual monitor in the nets and they showed me that lofting up an M2 driver wouldn't work and fitted me to a Srixon that got the right launch and spin figures (and cheaper). No charge for the fitting. They also have three bays with fancier launch monitors for hire for practice or comprehensive fittings. I've never used them (except an intro when they first opened last year).

I'm thinking between TM M2 and Nike Vapor Fly, but really want to get my driver fitted with right shaft, etc.

Johnny Canuck
13th January 2017, 10:18 PM
Sorry guys, forgot to mention I'm in Perth

I'm thinking between TM M2 and Nike Vapor Fly, but really want to get my driver fitted with right shaft, etc.

Send a PM to Bruce Dickinson.

He runs the show at Wembley and the team and equipment there are quite good.

Jazz18
13th January 2017, 11:24 PM
Just make sure to take the club into the course before you buy if you can. For example, when I tested M1 and M2 on a launch monitor, M1 was waaaaaaay better than M2. On the golf course, it was completely the opposite. Don't ask me why but on the golf course M1 was just ok and M2 was other worldly for me. Fittings indoors can point you in the right direction but on course testing is vital to making the right choices when buying clubs.

dazza99
14th January 2017, 05:27 PM
Just as an average indicator of price of club fitting.

Victoria Park Golf Learning Centre (Brisbane) do a multi-club fitting session of 1 hour for $130. That's taken off club purchase if you buy them there.

They also do a "1 club" fitting session of 1/2 hour for $70 I think. I imagine the 1 hour is for irons/wedges etc. 1/2 hour for driver or putter fit. But don't hold me to that.
All the launch monitors and cameras etc. And the bays hit out onto the range (not just indoor nets). Bit like Crossfields set up :)

The TM Lab fitting at GFO (also Brisbane) advertise their full club fitting as $150 for 1 and a half hours. Also taken off purchase price of clubs if brought there.

Pacific Golf Club also charge $150 I believe for a club fit (not sure what's included) so this seems to be a good ball-park figure.

tanax
16th January 2017, 12:40 PM
Thanks Guys. I will probably check it out Wembley GC next Sunday.