PDA

View Full Version : Vic Champs Wind Down Round - Monday 13/02/2017

shazza_rs
6th January 2017, 09:02 AM
Course Details:

Monday 13 February
Northern Golf Club (http://www.northerngc.com.au/)
24 Booked
1 tee start from 7.45 am
$55.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
No Carts (pull buggies available)
Standard Golf Club Bar & Snacks Available

Tees:
Men - White - slope rating 123 (Par 72/ Scr 70)
Ladies - Red - slope rating 123 (Par 72/ Scr 73)

NTP's and Long Drives - TBA

Currently we have 16 players registered for this round.

I'm the designated daily organiser for this day so any questions regarding this round can be directed to me (In other words Leave Lefty alone).

Courty
6th January 2017, 09:59 AM
Are we there yet? ;)

LarryLong
6th January 2017, 10:43 AM
Can't wait to defend my Monday NAGA crown!

LeftyHoges
9th January 2017, 02:32 PM
Course Details:

Monday 13 February
Northern Golf Club (http://www.northerngc.com.au/)
24 Booked
1 tee start from 7.45 am
$55.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
No Carts (pull buggies available)
Standard Golf Club Bar & Snacks Available

Tees:
Men - White - slope rating 123 (Par 72/ Scr 70)
Ladies - Red - slope rating 123 (Par 72/ Scr 73)

NTP's and Long Drives - TBA

Currently we have 16 players registered for this round.

I'm the designated daily organiser for this day so any questions regarding this round can be directed to me (In other words Leave Lefty alone).

Reckon this sounds like a good 'un for the LD:
Hole 12Relatively straight forward hole from elevated tee with a wide fairway. Bunkers short left and right of two tiered green.

LarryLong
9th January 2017, 03:47 PM
Reckon this sounds like a good 'un for the LD:
Hole 12

Relatively straight forward hole from elevated tee with a wide fairway. Bunkers short left and right of two tiered green.

368m par 4. Just out of interest, can you win the longest drive if you finish in a greenside bunker? Asking for a friend. :)

Courty
12th February 2017, 04:39 PM
Tomorrow's draw:

http://i.imgur.com/UcmE3rV.png

spanner039
12th February 2017, 05:32 PM
In for Friday - Sunday

No accommodation, carts Sat and Sunday please

$300 deposit paid to the Lefty

I cant play monday

Benno think i paid for monday golf even though i wasnt going to play

If thats the case ill sell you my spot at a discount

Guess im on ignore with more punters than what i thought

PeteyD
12th February 2017, 05:37 PM
I paid attention to ya Cam

spanner039
12th February 2017, 07:04 PM
I paid attention to ya Cam Cheers Pete

AndyP
12th February 2017, 07:20 PM
Who are you talking to, Petey?

spanner039
12th February 2017, 07:30 PM
Who are you talking to, Petey? All the pieces are coming together

LarryLong
12th February 2017, 07:33 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Spanner handles Northern, I hear it's pretty tight. Will he even bring a driver?

spanner039
12th February 2017, 08:25 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Spanner handles Northern, I hear it's pretty tight. Will he even bring a driver? WTF you too, no wonder I've got issues Anyone not blocked me?

LeftyHoges
12th February 2017, 11:40 PM
Why does thread say it has new posts? Can't see anything?

Courty
13th February 2017, 06:22 AM
Ok, so slight change to groupings. Spanner is out so his group will stay as a 3 ball.
BenM will come across to my group & we'll drop back a slot to let the 3 balls get away in front.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2017, 12:49 PM
Good track.

AndyP
13th February 2017, 12:56 PM
Ok, so slight change to groupings. Spanner is out so his group will stay as a 3 ball.
BenM will come across to my group & we'll drop back a slot to let the 3 balls get away in front.
Shit form by Spanner pulling out at the last minute like that.

adlo
13th February 2017, 01:00 PM
Good track. Next time try and birdie every hole

LeftyHoges
13th February 2017, 01:54 PM
Next time try and birdie every hole
Truth be told I'm a teeny bit shattered that with the amount of genuine looks I had I couldn't get a 9 birdie round. That would have been amazing.

Slug
13th February 2017, 02:29 PM
Truth be told I'm a teeny bit shattered that with the amount of genuine looks I had I couldn't get a 9 birdie round. That would have been amazing. Probably should of been a 11/12 birdie round I reckon

adlo
13th February 2017, 02:32 PM
Truth be told I'm a teeny bit shattered that with the amount of genuine looks I had I couldn't get a 9 birdie round. That would have been amazing. In the words of Mr H Simpson, "professional athletes. Always. Want. More"

PeteyD
13th February 2017, 02:49 PM
Back to normal Monday programming i take it

LoveGolf2012
13th February 2017, 04:08 PM
What did everyone think of Northern as a course? My home track, thinking of leaving..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeftyHoges
13th February 2017, 04:59 PM
In the words of Mr H Simpson, "professional athletes. Always. Want. More"
Stan "the Boy" Taylor. If he can't do it, no one.....

will.

Back to normal Monday programming i take it
Ratio is back to 4 from 5.

What did everyone think of Northern as a course? My home track, thinking of leaving..

Why? Seems decent in an area lacking great options.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2017, 05:00 PM
Probably should of been a 11/12 birdie round I reckon
It hurts how true that is..... :-(

LoveGolf2012
13th February 2017, 05:00 PM
Stan "the Boy" Taylor. If he can't do it, no one.....

will.

Ratio is back to 4 from 5.

Why? Seems decent in an area lacking great options.

New coach now based at Sanctuary Lakes number one reason mate, closer to home, got a gym, better practice facilities

KristianJ
13th February 2017, 05:33 PM
What did everyone think of Northern as a course? My home track, thinking of leaving.. I'll think more about it on my train trip home, but my initial impression might have been dulled a little by my poor round. New holes were good (even though the rough swallowed my tee shot on 10), and I thought 16 was a handy par 3.

andigold
13th February 2017, 07:03 PM
What did everyone think of Northern as a course? My home track, thinking of leaving..Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt's not a bad course Ray, just a bit of a dull one. Flat, tree lined (choked on too many), up and back holes with not a lot to distinguish them and a bit too dogleggy for mine. It was very well presented and there were some nice green complexes, (like the 10th & 16th) but most were pretty dull. I don't know what all the other options are in the area but Rosanna is a far more interesting course and probably less than half an hour away.

LoveGolf2012
13th February 2017, 07:05 PM
I agree with some thoughts mate, thinking Sanctuary Lakes ATM, but who knows, haven't played comp in months, might wait till I'm back from USA in May

LarryLong
13th February 2017, 07:05 PM
I quite liked it, as a member's track it would be good. Nothing ridiculously hard, but enough length in places to challenge you and the bunkers were big and in play for me. Harder to lose a ball than that crazy golfing roller coaster we played yesterday, but you still suffered if you missed the fairway and the pace of the greens was good. Sanctuary Lakes is probably better, but I suck at course rating. At least you don't have to worry as much about snakes at Northern - I know a member at SL and he tells me they're always popping up.

I was happy to finally have a good day and finish second to Mr. Monday - I didn't feel any pressure at all despite having a good score because I knew Lefty was going to smash it to pieces and I was never going to beat that. :)

rickie prowler
14th February 2017, 05:10 PM
I enjoyed it, and while a little same same it was a quick walk and not too penal. Nice way to wind down the weekend. I reckon Dotty would have carved that place up,right up his alley. Considering Adlo played St. Andrews Beach today he takes the title as ultra ironman in my book

adlo
14th February 2017, 06:57 PM
Should be 10 courses in 8 days by the end of this week.

Ultra iron man/ State of Origin double anyone?

WBennett
15th February 2017, 06:47 AM
Ray

Just saw this - Northern is a great course for little old retiree bunters. Not a lot of forced carry anywhere, nice wide fairways and most greens have a neck to run the ball up to.

I don't particularly like the new 8th green, 9 and 10 - they don't fit in with any of the rest of the course as the fairways have so many artificial lumps and bumps, and have severe greens where gentle greens are the norm elsewhere. If the rest of the greens are likely to get redone over time, then they might soften into the rest of the course design.

Favourite holes - I would like to play 3 again and lay up my second anywhere but into the fairway traps. 5 required 2 good shots, 7 was a tricky little thing into the wind, 15 and 16 were fun back to back short holes. Honest members track in generally fantastic condition.

LoveGolf2012
15th February 2017, 07:21 AM
Ray

Just saw this - Northern is a great course for little old retiree bunters. Not a lot of forced carry anywhere, nice wide fairways and most greens have a neck to run the ball up to.

I don't particularly like the new 8th green, 9 and 10 - they don't fit in with any of the rest of the course as the fairways have so many artificial lumps and bumps, and have severe greens where gentle greens are the norm elsewhere. If the rest of the greens are likely to get redone over time, then they might soften into the rest of the course design.

Favourite holes - I would like to play 3 again and lay up my second anywhere but into the fairway traps. 5 required 2 good shots, 7 was a tricky little thing into the wind, 15 and 16 were fun back to back short holes. Honest members track in generally fantastic condition.

Good comments mate, totally agree with 9/10 makes no sense, nothing like rest of course, greens are ridiculous!The short par 3 over water,6,is a great hole destroyed by worst bunkers you ever want to be in.

15 is a great hole,16 nice looking, but super tough, normally played into a head wind.Overall, I don't think it's worth say rounded up $2600 a year for 7 day, but that's my opinion only!

LeftyHoges
15th February 2017, 07:47 AM
Big fan of 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 11, 17 and 18. 10, 12, 13, 14 and 15 are OK. 3, 4, 6, 9 and 16 can **** off and die in a fire. 🔥

WBennett
15th February 2017, 08:00 AM
At $2600 per annum, that would be the third most expensive track in the ACT. But compared to its peers in the region, that's probably about right? I would think it would be double the cost of Sunshine in membership, and 25-50% more than Waterford or same as Settlers?

I'm glad golf in Canberra is 'affordable'