PDA

View Full Version : 2017 SA Champs Thurs 16th - Mon 20th Nov

Pages : [1] 2 3

nadg63
4th January 2017, 06:55 PM
Thursday 16th -Grange - 2 groups booked, tee off 8am

Friday 17th - Blackwood GC - 3 Groups booked, first Tee off 1.30pm

Saturday 18th - Mount Osmond GC - 5 Groups booked, Tee off from 1.30pm.

Sunday 19th - Royal Adelaide Golf Club - 6 Groups booked, Tee off from midday.

Monday 20th - Kooyonga - 2 Groups booked, 8.34am & 8.41am.

Could everyone taking part please pay a deposit of $50 by Sunday September 17th. (then the balance, once confirmed, by the end of October)

Thurs
Fri
$40
Sat
$60
Sun
$105
Mon
$ OWING
$ PAID
Comments
+$25 prizes

Wazamac
Y

Y
Y
Y
X
$130/0
$130
Club Advantage x2

Thecollective
X
X
Y
Y
X
$190/0
$190

Marcel
X

X
Y
Y
X
$85/0
$85
RAGC

Hatchman
X
Y
Y
Y
X
$230/0
$230

Chilled
X
X
Y
Y
Y
$85/0
$85
(recip)

James
X
X
X
Y
X
$0
N/A
RAGC

Hard_Pan
X
X
?
?
X
$190?

Disappeared!?

Peter Jeffries
X
X
X
Y
X
$0
N/A
RAGC

Oldracer
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$230/0
$230

Jimandr
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$230/0
$230

Peppas
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$230/0
$230

Slug
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$230/0
$230

Benno_r
Y
Y
Y
Y
X
$230/0
$230

Nudgee
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$125/0
$125
Recip@RA

3puttpete
X
X
Y
Y
X
$130/0
$130
Recip@MO

spanner039
X
Y
Y
Y
Y
$230/0
$230

NOTE: Fri-Sun ONLY, Thurs/Mon extra!

Hatchman
4th January 2017, 09:18 PM
I've voted for the the second option.
No real reason, either would be fine with me.

marcel
4th January 2017, 09:38 PM
Anyone have a Remembrance Day duty to discharge?, first option date

Lagerlover
4th January 2017, 09:48 PM
I remember my first discharge..

marcel
4th January 2017, 09:55 PM
I remember my first discharge..

Were you on your own?

thecollective
4th January 2017, 10:11 PM
2nd option falls on my birthday meaning it could be an issue with the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coalesce
4th January 2017, 10:18 PM
2nd option clashes with my wedding but that makes me dubious for either to be honest. Hope to get out for at least one of the days if I can

oldracer
4th January 2017, 10:39 PM
2nd option clashes with my wedding but that makes me dubious for either to be honest. Hope to get out for at least one of the days if I canstupid idea getting hitched anyway...play golf

nadg63
5th January 2017, 04:16 PM
So from the initial comments above the 9th - 13th is looking the favourite.

Hatchman
5th January 2017, 06:30 PM
2nd option clashes with my wedding but that makes me dubious for either to be honest. Hope to get out for at least one of the days if I can

There was a mention of having the reception at Royal Adelaide and just saying to everyone I just have to duck out for a bit. Play your round and return after 4hrs. They wont notice the time if your supplying enough drink.

Lagerlover
5th January 2017, 07:46 PM
2nd option clashes with my wedding Should someone be alerting immigration?

coalesce
5th January 2017, 07:57 PM
Should someone be alerting immigration?

Nope. She's Australian. It's her fault I'm here in the first place :)

nadg63
1st February 2017, 08:19 PM
Looking at locking in the weekend of 9th-13th for the Champs, just waiting for Marcel to confirm the availability of RAGC for the Sunday round, the other days can then be arranged around that.

nadg63
6th February 2017, 05:28 PM
Have heard back from Marcel ......................

nadg63
6th February 2017, 05:32 PM
LATEST NEWS:-

Marcel has been in contact with RAGC and it transpires that Sunday 12th November is NOT available - they have suggested the 19th, (the second option in the poll)

So ...................... lock this in OR change the date? (or venue!?)

coalesce
6th February 2017, 06:18 PM
Lock in the 19th

wazamac
6th February 2017, 07:39 PM
I'm good. Gives me an extra week to make the trophies.

Lagerlover
6th February 2017, 07:42 PM
If everyone can spare one plant each, 3pp may be enticed..

wazamac
6th February 2017, 07:45 PM
Sorry, I don't live North

nadg63
6th February 2017, 07:45 PM
Okay, Thursday 16th - Monday 20th it is then.

Hatchman
9th February 2017, 01:15 PM
If everyone can spare one plant each, 3pp may be enticed..

West End Draught is not enough?

thecollective
12th February 2017, 10:47 AM
ok, my birthday is on the 17th - perhaps we can do a bash somewhere!?!

nadg63
12th February 2017, 07:50 PM
ok, my birthday is on the 17th - perhaps we can do a bash somewhere!?!

Peppas birthday that weekend too!

Peppas
2nd March 2017, 03:59 PM
Wow... Gonna be a good weekend of birthday cakes!

wazamac
2nd March 2017, 05:12 PM
Kitchenerbusch?

Or we will have to take you out for a frog cake

thecollective
2nd March 2017, 07:19 PM
personally id go:

Friday: Blackwood
Saturday: Lady Boy

unless we want to tolerate 1 week sand greens @ Mt Compass

I can speak with Blackwood and see if we can hire out the top floor for a dinner / birthday celebration (I can/will provide the cake)

Will have to chime in with Chilled to see if he wants to do Kooey again for Monday

Peppas
2nd March 2017, 07:32 PM
What about Thursday?

thecollective
2nd March 2017, 07:34 PM
What about Thursday?

numbers required, otherwise go pay Grange $180

Peppas
2nd March 2017, 07:56 PM
numbers required, otherwise go pay Grange $180

I'd do that

thecollective
2nd March 2017, 08:00 PM
I'd do that

Seriously speaking (just for a second) If we get enough ppl interested then its worth organising something and I/we are happy to do so if such is the case.

But otherwise im sure one of us can collect you and drop you off @ Grange if you want to play there - I cannot justify the green fee personally but thats just me

Peppas
2nd March 2017, 08:10 PM
Seriously speaking (just for a second) If we get enough ppl interested then its worth organising something and I/we are happy to do so if such is the case.

But otherwise im sure one of us can collect you and drop you off @ Grange if you want to play there - I cannot justify the green fee personally but thats just me

I know mate, all good. Wait and see what the numbers end up looking like.

I'll probably play all the golf, its my birthday weekend :)

nadg63
2nd March 2017, 08:41 PM
personally id go:

Saturday: Lady Boy

unless we want to tolerate 1 week sand greens @ Mt Compass

I can speak with Blackwood and see if we can hire out the top floor for a dinner / birthday celebration (I can/will provide the cake)

Will have to chime in with Chilled to see if he wants to do Kooey again for Monday

Blackwood/Friday and Lady Bay/Saturday are the front runners now due to the fact that Mt Compass will have done their green maintenance approx 1 week before Champs :(

Haven't contacted either yet but will try and do so tomorrow

Chilled
5th March 2017, 08:30 PM
personally id go:

Saturday: Lady BoySounds good to me.

Will have to chime in with Chilled to see if he wants to do Kooey again for MondayAll good here, happy to organise.

PS; count me out for $180 @ Grange...no way I'd pay that to play there.

thecollective
6th March 2017, 08:07 AM
PS; count me out for $180 @ Grange...no way I'd pay that to play there.

I can safely say your speaking for the whole of Ozgolf S.A!

Peppas
7th March 2017, 08:28 AM
I'm OK to hit up the grange by myself :)

nadg63
7th March 2017, 03:51 PM
Update:- The Links Lady Bay has now been booked for the Saturday round, (first round of SA Champs).

First tee time @ 1pm, went for this tee off as the restaurant opens at 5.30pm so dinner will then be available on site.

Tried to book Blackwood GC for the Friday round but they won't take bookings more than 6 months in advance so need to try again late May.

thecollective
7th March 2017, 04:21 PM
Update:- The Links Lady Bay has now been booked for the Saturday round, (first round of SA Champs).

First tee time @ 1pm, went for this tee off as the restaurant opens at 5.30pm so dinner will then be available on site.

Tried to book Blackwood GC for the Friday round but they won't take bookings more than 6 months in advance so need to try again late May.

for interstaters (lucky enough to come this year) LLB has very good accomodation onsite (Mercure) also reasonably priced

benno_r
7th March 2017, 04:21 PM
I'll chuck a long range pencil in for this. I am up for a Grange double too Peps.

Peppas
7th March 2017, 04:45 PM
I'll chuck a long range pencil in for this. I am up for a Grange double too Peps. Excellent

Peppas
7th March 2017, 04:46 PM
for interstaters (lucky enough to come this year) LLB has very good accomodation onsite (Mercure) also reasonably priced But we are playing Sunday at RA?

thecollective
7th March 2017, 04:51 PM
Friday night an option; Saturday as well - it will be about a 50 minute drive to Seaton on a Sunday morning with no traffic

Yours truly is considering it

Peppas
7th March 2017, 04:53 PM
Friday night an option; Saturday as well - it will be about a 50 minute drive to Seaton on a Sunday morning with no trafficYours truly is considering itIs there anything good around LLB? Can I get an AB from somewhere? A decent Kitchener?

benno_r
7th March 2017, 04:58 PM
Is there anything good around LLB? Can I get an AB from somewhere? A decent Kitchener?

Are you for real? Have you forgotten already that LLB is the closest golf course to Yankalilla bakery???????

nadg63
7th March 2017, 05:00 PM
But we are playing Sunday at RA?

Tee-off at RAGC is from midday Peppas so if you want to stay at LB it gives you plenty of time to get there.

The original plan was to also incorporate Mt Compass in to the Fri/Sat mix staying well south for convenience but the afore mentioned planned coring put paid to that. To be honest from Blackwood it is approx 1hr to Lady Bay so you could stay there the Friday as well!? (just a thought :) )

Lady Bay website:

http://www.linksladybay.com.au/

thecollective
7th March 2017, 05:15 PM
Tee-off at RAGC is from midday Peppas so if you want to stay at LB it gives you plenty of time to get there.

The original plan was to also incorporate Mt Compass in to the Fri/Sat mix staying well south for convenience but the afore mentioned planned coring put paid to that. To be honest from Blackwood it is approx 1hr to Lady Bay so you could stay there the Friday as well!? (just a thought :) )

Lady Bay website:

http://www.linksladybay.com.au/

LB also has other good facilities; swimming pool, great bar with pool table, thinking I might make a night of it Sat if anyone wants to go for a beer (or six!) after the round!

nadg63
7th March 2017, 08:21 PM
LB also has other good facilities; swimming pool, great bar with pool table, thinking I might make a night of it Sat if anyone wants to go for a beer (or six!) after the round!

Mightn't be a bad idea, hmmm.

wazamac
7th March 2017, 08:34 PM
I'd be up for a stay maybe Friday and Sat.Wife always goes away anyhow.Not a fan of Grange but if I can cash in the scrap aluminium around that time I might pay. Wouldn't use my own money. 😝

thecollective
7th March 2017, 09:00 PM
Nadg: Lager is in - and not allowed to back out - says me!

Peppas
7th March 2017, 09:07 PM
So I am guessing golf and stay in the city Thursday night, then LLB Fri and sat night then back in the city Sunday night?

wazamac
7th March 2017, 09:10 PM
Stay in North Rad and have AB's then 24hr bakery at your doorstep

Peppas
7th March 2017, 09:24 PM
This works. Guess I will book flights soon

jimandr
7th March 2017, 11:33 PM
I have some questions.

Firstly, is this Schoolies Week? This could be very important for Peppas's entertainment options, and it will be very important for both available accommodation and the possible price hikes that Schoolies may cause.

Secondly, can I ask the SA experts to make some enquiries regarding the Lady Bay accommodation. Looking at their web site, the rooms don;t appear to be very share friendly. Fine for couples and probably families, but not so good for a group of blokes. But, they have probably faced this problem before, and they might have an extra bed option they don't publish. It was bad enough sharing the spa with Lager and 3pp at Coral Cove. I'm not sure about sharing a bed with Waza and Hatchman.

Thirdly, is Wirrina Cove an option for any of this? I know the SA guys played there a while ago, and it is close to Lady Bay.

3Puttpete
8th March 2017, 08:43 AM
I have some questions.

Firstly, is this Schoolies Week? This could be very important for Peppas's entertainment options, and it will be very important for both available accommodation and the possible price hikes that Schoolies may cause.

Secondly, can I ask the SA experts to make some enquiries regarding the Lady Bay accommodation. Looking at their web site, the rooms don;t appear to be very share friendly. Fine for couples and probably families, but not so good for a group of blokes. But, they have probably faced this problem before, and they might have an extra bed option they don't publish. It was bad enough sharing the spa with Lager and 3pp at Coral Cove. I'm not sure about sharing a bed with Waza and Hatchman.

Thirdly, is Wirrina Cove an option for any of this? I know the SA guys played there a while ago, and it is close to Lady Bay.

Best couple of nights of your life!

Lagerlover
8th March 2017, 11:43 AM
Best couple of nights of your life!

Still can't believe you didn't win Jim!!

thecollective
8th March 2017, 01:49 PM
I have some questions.

Wirrina Cove I would strongly not recommend

Overpriced, lousy service, crap condition of golf course and just dis-organised overall

Gordon Ramsay should put it on his Hotel Hell list

thecollective
8th March 2017, 01:54 PM
See link:

http://www.linksladybay.com.au/group-accommodation/eagles-nest-magnificent-accommodation.html

Eagles Nest could be ours for $650 per night

4 brm house with a theatre that could make a 5th bedroom

Can sleep up to 18 ppl according to website

Who's in?

Lagerlover
8th March 2017, 03:26 PM
More comfortable if you said it can sleep 12 straight guys

wazamac
8th March 2017, 03:37 PM
I'd rather my own room either way. Can't stand sharing.

nadg63
8th March 2017, 03:55 PM
See link:

http://www.linksladybay.com.au/group-accommodation/eagles-nest-magnificent-accommodation.html

Who's in?

You've just officially been voted in as accommodation manager TC :)

jimandr
8th March 2017, 04:29 PM
See link:

Who's in?

So 5 people would give us a room each at a fairly reasonable rate. I'm not a sharer either (except for the spa), but I'd pay that rate, assuming we have at least 5. How many nights are we looking at? Just the one, or two, after Blackwood on Friday as well?

nadg63
8th March 2017, 05:11 PM
Wirrina Cove I would strongly not recommend

Overpriced, lousy service, crap condition of golf course and just dis-organised overall
Gordon Ramsay should put it on his Hotel Hell list

And this is the problem with Wirrina, this is the general feedback of the place - last time I was there with Coalesce after our round finished we walked through the hotel reception heading to the cafe', couldn't find anyone there then eventually one of the guys we'd seen at reception showed up to serve us :)

It is a shame as it WOULD be an ideal Friday venue being in the same vicinity as Lady Boy making travel/accommodation a lot easier. To be honest I think I'd rather play at Mt Compass with cored greens than Wirrina!

Blackwood still isn't locked in for the Friday so if anyone has a logistically better suggestion fire away! (McCracken - but that sucks, Sandy Creek - mozzie central, Victor - already been to, Willunga - always busy and tends to be a bit shabby, Thaxted - iffy!)

Lagerlover
8th March 2017, 05:25 PM
Is there a minimum night stay?

I'd be interested in fri night/sat morning fly in, entertain the masses sat and sun and piss off back home before any nastiness

wazamac
8th March 2017, 06:42 PM
Blackwood still isn't locked in for the Friday so if anyone has a logistically better suggestion fire away! (McCracken - but that sucks, South Lakes - mozzie central, Victor - already been to, Willunga - always busy and tends to be a bit shabby, Thaxted - iffy!)

FTFY

The Pat?

nadg63
8th March 2017, 06:48 PM
FTFY

The Pat?

That's actually not a bad suggestion! Played there over Christmas and wasn't too bad. Would hopefully be quiet-ish on a Friday arvo!? (still hackers central there!)

Hard_Pan
8th March 2017, 07:03 PM
What about TTG? I know a member there. Too far north perhaps?

nadg63
9th March 2017, 05:58 AM
What about TTG? I know a member there. Too far north perhaps? Is really as trying to keep things southern to make accommodation, travel etc easier for people.

If as it looks people are planning to stay in accommodation at Lady Bay southern courses are the best bet logistically - though admittedly Blackwood is kinda borderline! Down that way there's the previously mentioned courses that don't really come up to scratch, (Mt Compass and their coring has really proven a headache :( )

Having sorted the two Champs venues which is the main concern, even though it is 'just' the Kitchener Cup on the Friday I'm sure you guys would like to play somewhere in a decent condition!?

nadg63
27th March 2017, 03:09 PM
Will get on to finalising all of this in May as busy with Targa Tas stuff at the mo.

Can people start letting us know if they intend playing please!

marcel
27th March 2017, 05:52 PM
Playing Sat and Sun

Chris32
29th March 2017, 10:29 AM
Keen for my annual round on the Sunday, as per previous years :razz:

Should give me enough time to kill the Redbacks that take up residence on my golf bag

Peppas
29th March 2017, 03:38 PM
Yes from me at this stage. Thursday - Monday. Thanks to the organising committee.

wazamac
29th March 2017, 04:58 PM
Thursday to Sunday. Not that interested in Monday but may be persuaded if numbers are critical.

thecollective
29th March 2017, 05:13 PM
Friday - Sunday

Peppas
30th March 2017, 02:56 PM
So who is organising the Monday round and is there a rough idea of timing yet? Flights look cheap do I might book in the next little while, or tonight.

nadg63
30th March 2017, 04:36 PM
So who is organising the Monday round and is there a rough idea of timing yet? Flights look cheap do I might book in the next little while, or tonight.

As you know I have put the word out and the feedback so far is for that morning somewhere not too far from the airport so a mid afternoon flight should be fine - but nothing is booked officially yet mind!

Peppas
2nd April 2017, 04:46 PM
As you know I have put the word out and the feedback so far is for that morning somewhere not too far from the airport so a mid afternoon flight should be fine - but nothing is booked officially yet mind! Yep no worries... Will book my flight home when I have an idea of the Monday tee time. Thanks guys :)

Chilled
3rd April 2017, 07:17 AM
Will let you know as soon as I know....so far this is the response:

At this stage we have a corporate golf day scheduled so we generally don’t take advanced bookings. I will speak to Brett and be in touch as soon as possible with an answer.

That was last Friday at 10pm, hopefully should have an answer soon : )

Peppas
3rd April 2017, 07:35 AM
Thanks Nick. I was gonna book my flight home for 4pm but might just wait and see what transpires...

Chilled
9th April 2017, 04:05 PM
Still nothing back yet, sorry guys. Hopefully early this week.

nadg, put me down for Sat, sun and mon at this stage.

Chilled
11th April 2017, 03:14 PM
Update, email from Kooyonga office:

We are just finalising the schedule for November & December. It is likely that we will be able to host your group however I will just need to finalise the larger booking on that date prior to confirming. I will be in touch as soon as possible.

Wenz
23rd April 2017, 07:32 AM
I'll be playing just the Sunday. Please put me down for that nadg.

Chilled
28th April 2017, 07:08 AM
Ok, secured some tee times for Kooyonga:

8.34am & 8.41am on Monday 20 November 2017 for your group of 8 players. Table also reserved in bistro for after game lunch.

Peppas
28th April 2017, 08:08 AM
Awesome thanks mate!

Chilled
28th April 2017, 10:21 AM
Awesome thanks mate!No worries, always enjoy hosting you Kitchener bun loving interstaters :D

If it's just one group then fees will only be $80 each (plus comp fee, $4).

benno_r
28th April 2017, 10:33 AM
I recently got sent the latest roster, an it is looking better that I will be playing 5 days for SA champs.

The only thing that may ruin it if the rig experiences pirate trouble through Philippines /Indo and delays the arrival into Australia.

I'll also give Flourioueioueuoe a call and remind them it is Peps birthday weekend and they better be prepared with nice smooth greens. Have you seen what he does when he gets angry???

wazamac
28th April 2017, 11:29 AM
We are still working through the Thursday choices of game.

If you guys are desperate to play Grange so be it. I would tag along as I won't be playing Monday.

Peppas
1st May 2017, 08:49 AM
I will probs be booking my flight home later today as Qantas has a sale on at the moment...

nadg63
18th May 2017, 08:32 PM
Okay, time to start dedicating some time to this; first up any one else interested in entering the SA Champs?

Hard_Pan
19th May 2017, 09:32 AM
I'm thinking I might only play the Sunday at this stage (if that's possible Nadg). Still struggling with injuries atm and not sure if I can manage four rounds in three days (grades champs at NH on Sat morning).

That said, I will see how I got over the next couple of months before confirming. Would absolutely love to be able to play all five days. :neutral:

oldracer
19th May 2017, 10:34 AM
if the stars align, I'm in, put me in dark pencil pls nadg

nadg63
8th June 2017, 08:44 PM
I will be finalising the costs involved very soon, incorporating green fees plus a prize fund as per usual.

marcel
8th June 2017, 10:20 PM
Prize update - logo bottles of red back in stock

nadg63
9th June 2017, 02:35 PM
Prize update - logo bottles of red back in stock

Remind me on Monday - if bar is open on that day!?

oldracer
19th July 2017, 05:24 PM
Bumping this, any costs yet nadg and where are we camping, any ideas at this stage???

nadg63
19th July 2017, 05:40 PM
Bumping this, any costs yet nadg and where are we camping, any ideas at this stage???

Apologies, have to admit with being really slack regarding Champs this year :(

Will finalise the costs tomorrow afternoon, just needs a couple of phone calls to be made, (also have to book Blackwood GC as they would not take such an early booking previously)

As for the 'camping' will find out what Jimandr and Peppas are doing!?

Watch this space tomorrow :)

oldracer
19th July 2017, 06:38 PM
Cheers mate, appreciate, I will be driving over so will have some wheels should people need transport

Grunt
19th July 2017, 09:21 PM
Ooooh I might be able to make a comeback for this, uni will be finished for ever by then. I am only lacking one vital ingredient, golfing ability. As much as you guys are all kool, one thing Grunt hates and that is coming last or losing. I would need to get some golf mojo back before I commit to coming over and winning a toilet golf game :)

benno_r
20th July 2017, 04:19 AM
Ooooh I might be able to make a comeback for this, uni will be finished for ever by then. I am only lacking one vital ingredient, golfing ability. As much as you guys are all kool, one thing Grunt hates and that is coming last or losing. I would need to get some golf mojo back before I commit to coming over and winning a toilet golf game :)
Will it help to know you will at least be fighting it out with Peps for the toilet golf game?

Peppas
20th July 2017, 08:11 AM
Pretty much

wazamac
20th July 2017, 02:57 PM

At least you walked away with a prize.

#OneDriveWonder :D

nadg63
20th July 2017, 03:34 PM

Haha, let us know when you know :)

Grunt
20th July 2017, 06:11 PM
At least you walked away with a prize.

#OneDriveWonder :D

Remember people only remember the last thing about you not the first. That was the greatest drive and birdie in history!

jimandr
20th July 2017, 10:53 PM
As for the 'camping' will find out what Jimandr and Peppas are doing!?

Watch this space tomorrow :)

I was thinking about bumping this thread to find out what the overnight plans were. Last I recall, the SA guys were contemplating a group booking at Lady Bay over the weekend. Is this still on the cards?

nadg63
21st July 2017, 12:16 PM
I was thinking about bumping this thread to find out what the overnight plans were. Last I recall, the SA guys were contemplating a group booking at Lady Bay over the weekend. Is this still on the cards? Re accommodation Jim!?

wazamac
21st July 2017, 12:26 PM
We are all meeting up in a couple of weeks for a hit.

Can sort out the what accom. would be best suited for the selected courses then.

thecollective
22nd July 2017, 04:07 PM
I was thinking about bumping this thread to find out what the overnight plans were. Last I recall, the SA guys were contemplating a group booking at Lady Bay over the weekend. Is this still on the cards?

Jim: due to heavy work commitments I have not looked further into the accommodation situation. It was I who suggested the house @ Lady Bay but the 'pitfall' I discovered is the massive bond you have to pay up-front. It will be awkward having to spread that out amongst all of us and then refund it when its all done and dusted. And then you have the potential for a very awkward situation if something happens to the house...lets just leave it at that

Also the distance to RA seems to be an issue with some as well so all in all its up for negotiation and discussion in the coming weeks - be rest assured we can come up with a reasonable game plan soon

jimandr
22nd July 2017, 04:42 PM
Jim: due to heavy work commitments I have not looked further into the accommodation situation. It was I who suggested the house @ Lady Bay but the 'pitfall' I discovered is the massive bond you have to pay up-front. It will be awkward having to spread that out amongst all of us and then refund it when its all done and dusted. And then you have the potential for a very awkward situation if something happens to the house...lets just leave it at that

Also the distance to RA seems to be an issue with some as well so all in all its up for negotiation and discussion in the coming weeks - be rest assured we can come up with a reasonable game plan soon

Thanks TC.

Clearly, they can get knotted if they want a bond.

From my point of view, while I would have joined you, it was going to be a pain to book something for a few days, pack up and move to Lady Bay for one of two days, then book somewhere else again.

So I think I'll opt out of any overnight group activities, and do the usual thing by booking my own rooms for an entire week.

thecollective
22nd July 2017, 05:04 PM
good idea Jim

Peppas
22nd July 2017, 05:33 PM
So antisocial Jim. You've changed...

I remember the Jim that would share a room with lager and 3pp.

3Puttpete
22nd July 2017, 05:40 PM
So antisocial Jim. You've changed...

I remember the Jim that would share a room with lager and 3pp.Ain't that the truth. I drove all the way to Ballina and back same day because I had nowhere to stay

jimandr
22nd July 2017, 10:51 PM
Some scars take a long time to heal.

Lagerlover
23rd July 2017, 10:11 AM
Some scars take a long time to heal. It certainly was a wild old night, still shouldn't have tore as easy as it did though.

Peppas
24th July 2017, 08:59 AM
Let's get together for food on Sat 18th though :)

nudgee
24th July 2017, 06:46 PM
How did I miss this.

Count me in for the whole freaking lot!

oldracer
24th July 2017, 09:56 PM
See u there J 👍

nadg63
25th July 2017, 08:18 AM
How did I miss this.

Count me in for the whole freaking lot!

Okay, Ploppy Pat!?

nudgee
25th July 2017, 09:27 PM
Okay, Ploppy Pat!?

NAh he will be in the USA

3Puttpete
26th July 2017, 09:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVaJH8pWnWk

3Puttpete
26th July 2017, 09:53 AM
Fri-Sun

spanner039
26th July 2017, 10:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8LvCn5jKI

It was this or Cairns, my busy schedule can only do one this is the best chance i have of attending anything

Friday - Monday

wazamac
26th July 2017, 10:34 AM
Fri-Sun

Welcome, and I hope to see the sequin robe. :D

wazamac
26th July 2017, 10:38 AM

It was this or Cairns, my busy schedule can only do one this is the best chance i have of attending anything

Friday - Monday

Welcome, will be good to meet.

3Puttpete
26th July 2017, 10:40 AM
Welcome, and I hope to see the sequin robe. :DGlorious

wazamac
26th July 2017, 10:45 AM
The Kitchener Cup may have to be held the same way as last year, only this time it will be lop sided with inter state competitors.

Peppas
26th July 2017, 10:51 AM
I don't mind, as long as I get a Kitchener bun

nadg63
26th July 2017, 10:52 AM
Fri-Sun

Friday - Monday

Welcome back 3PP, and welcome to you too spanner039

Lagerlover
26th July 2017, 02:20 PM
Fri-Sun

Sorry gents (which is a nice word in SA for maggots),

But I'm definitely out for this now

3Puttpete
26th July 2017, 02:30 PM
Gloriouser

oldracer
26th July 2017, 05:13 PM
Was the Grange on the books for thursday

benno_r
26th July 2017, 05:19 PM
I am still a very dark pencil for this. Will know next week when back at work.

Current plan is to fly in Wed Night, fly out Sun night. I think our rotation day will be back to a Thursday by then, and if that's the case will play Monday. All to be finalised next week.

nadg63
26th July 2017, 05:35 PM
I am still a very dark pencil for this. Will know next week when back at work.

Current plan is to fly in Wed Night, fly out Sun night. I think our rotation day will be back to a Thursday by then, and if that's the case will play Monday. All to be finalised next week.

No worries Benno, when you know I'm sure you'll let us know :)

benno_r
26th July 2017, 05:43 PM
No worries Benno, when you know I'm sure you'll let us know :)

Damn straight. :D

Coldtopper
26th July 2017, 07:17 PM
Sorry gents (which is a nice word in SA for maggots),

But I'm definitely out for this now I'm thinking it's a Saturday- Monday.

Coldtopper
26th July 2017, 07:18 PM
Was the Grange on the books for thursday wow ! Nice tri

3Puttpete
26th July 2017, 07:35 PM
Fri-Sun

Maybe Saturday-Monday. Bugger

Coldtopper
26th July 2017, 07:48 PM
Maybe Saturday-Monday. Bugger
gardening Friday in the city. Looking forward to catching up after work

wazamac
26th July 2017, 08:00 PM
Was the Grange on the books for thursday

As per the other thread. Grange is definitely the first option for Thursday pending availability and incoming flights.

oldracer
26th July 2017, 08:54 PM
As per the other thread. Grange is definitely the first option for Thursday pending availability and incoming flights.👍👍👍👍👍

thecollective
Grange website notes $200 green fee for an unaccompanied visitor (no Grange member)

so all things being equal you could be stumped with a $400 bill for 36 holes

are we still all in on this ?!

oldracer
wow ! Nice tri Gotta keep trying 😜

Peppas
26th July 2017, 09:18 PM
Grange website notes $200 green fee for an unaccompanied visitor (no Grange member)so all things being equal you could be stumped with a $400 bill for 36 holesare we still all in on this ?!Work some magic bro

oldracer
26th July 2017, 09:35 PM
I'd love to play 18 there but I'm easy, wherever

coalesce
26th July 2017, 10:22 PM
Last year (?) when I called them it was $180 for the morning round and something like $100 for the afternoon one

wazamac
27th July 2017, 07:20 AM
I have just emailed Grange to see what I can do regarding if the date is free and costs associated with playing both courses.

I will also have a chat to my contact there next time I see him. But last year when I spoke to him he said leave it till a couple of weeks out and I will sort out something.
Just don't want to leave it that late.

Peppas
27th July 2017, 07:52 AM
Great, thanks Waz.

More importantly, what are the food plans for the weekend???

3Puttpete
27th July 2017, 08:02 AM
Great, thanks Waz.

More importantly, what are the food plans for the weekend???Yankalilla 1045 ish saturday

Peppas
27th July 2017, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a good start

benno_r
27th July 2017, 09:10 AM
Yankalilla 1045 ish saturdayI propose that won't leave enough time for the 6 course degustation.

8:45?

3Puttpete
27th July 2017, 09:14 AM
I propose that won't leave enough time for the 6 course degustation.

8:45?Why do you treat everything as a joke? This is serious business?

wazamac
27th July 2017, 09:42 AM
Funnily enough I was going to say "No $300 degustation plates" :D

3Puttpete
27th July 2017, 10:40 AM
Funnily enough I was going to say "No $300 degustation plates" :DWith matching FUIC

nadg63
27th July 2017, 02:58 PM
I'm thinking it's a Saturday- Monday.

Apologies, I managed to miss your post amongst all the chatter Coldtopper!

So you are attending?

benno_r
27th July 2017, 03:46 PM
Why do you treat everything as a joke? This is serious business?I was being deadly serious.

jimandr
27th July 2017, 04:22 PM
The Kitchener Cup may have to be held the same way as last year, only this time it will be lop sided with inter state competitors.

No. Leave it the way it was, in a Presidents (Kitcheners) v Captains (Schnitzels) 4bbb format. Or was that what you meant?

I think that worked quite well, and acts as a point of difference. Qld have the Banana Cup multiplier, Vic has the Uncivil War matchplay, and SA the teams 4bbb.

wazamac
27th July 2017, 06:50 PM
It was what I meant. Last year the SAnkers outweighed the Interstaters so that is why we went to the new format last year.
This year it is going to be the same, just the Interstaters outweighing us.

Peppas
28th July 2017, 08:17 AM
Just tell me how I win a kitchener bun :)

wazamac
28th July 2017, 08:33 AM
Don't be on my team! :lol:

jimandr
28th July 2017, 09:35 PM
Accommodation booked. It's too late to cancel out now.

I am staying at the appropriately named Allenby Apartments. i'm hoping the deal doesn't include being 'mugged' and not being able to quite remember what happened.

Hard_Pan
29th July 2017, 10:22 PM
Just quietly, I may be able to get everyone on at Grange as Member Invites (if that is still on the cards for the Thursday). :)

jimandr
29th July 2017, 11:45 PM
Just quietly, I may be able to get everyone on at Grange as Member Invites (if that is still on the cards for the Thursday). :)

Be as loud as you like, HP. The Grange is the preferred Thursday option for the interstaters.

oldracer
30th July 2017, 05:19 AM
Be as loud as you like, HP. The Grange is the preferred Thursday option for the interstaters. +1

Hard_Pan
30th July 2017, 09:29 AM
Be as loud as you like, HP. The Grange is the preferred Thursday option for the interstaters.OK, I'm networking in the background to see if I can make this happen. Firstly, I need numbers. I mentioned I might need slots for two groups. Is this about right?

nadg63
30th July 2017, 01:07 PM
OK, I'm networking in the background to see if I can make this happen. Firstly, I need numbers. I mentioned I might need slots for two groups. Is this about right?

Looking at the OP list there are currently 5 down to play the Thursday but that might increase!? (still do not know what Grunt and Benno_r are doing) Even with them it makes 7, (are you playing HP?), so if it is two groups only then first come first served I suppose!?

thecollective
30th July 2017, 04:29 PM
HP: I know a Grange member too who I was speaking with today @ Loxton GC; unfortunately he is away overseas in November so that ruled out my 'Bruce card'

I am quite happy to step aside for the interstaters should there be issues with members guest quota - Like most of us locals here we have played both courses several times

Hard_Pan
30th July 2017, 06:37 PM
I'm not going through a member so there might not be a quota issue tc. I'll go with 2, possibly three groups and see what the response is. Stay tuned.

Peppas
30th July 2017, 07:39 PM
Straight to the GM, nice one :)

benno_r
3rd August 2017, 08:29 AM
Ok guys, 100% in, will be booking flights today.

Thursday - Sunday at the moment, will advise about the Monday.

Edit: do we have a tee time for Monday - need to determine return flight times.

wazamac
3rd August 2017, 10:09 AM
Tee times for the Monday is 8:34 & 8:41 with lunch after

benno_r
3rd August 2017, 10:36 AM
Tee times for the Monday is 8:34 & 8:41 with lunch after

Thanks Wazza - just be checking the qld logistics for the following week, and I will keep it at Thursday - Sunday for me please.

nadg63
3rd August 2017, 12:07 PM
Ok guys, 100% in, will be booking flights today. Thursday - Sunday at the moment, will advise about the Monday.Edit: do we have a tee time for Monday - need to determine return flight times. Welcome back Benno.

benno_r
3rd August 2017, 12:17 PM
Welcome back Benno.

Thanks mate. flights are booked. pumped for another mid pack SA champs finish.

nadg63
8th August 2017, 03:45 PM
Latest News: the Saturday venue is likely to change; had a missed call from LLB yesterday, called back to find they called to say the greens are being cored the weekend prior to Champs :( Seeking more information BUT if that is the case will be looking elsewhere.

All in agreement!?

Peppas
8th August 2017, 04:03 PM
So you're telling me I won't be going past yankalilla on my birthday?????

nadg63
8th August 2017, 04:42 PM

Plenty of bakeries around and not decided yet, as said awaiting more info from the Pro Shop.

3Puttpete
8th August 2017, 04:50 PM

What? Shattered

wazamac
8th August 2017, 05:12 PM
Tell the greenskeeper that Peps will give him a big kiss if he holds off for 2 weeks :lol:

oldracer
8th August 2017, 05:16 PM
Agree elsewhere if they're cored, half decent greens are my only hope

jimandr
8th August 2017, 05:22 PM

Not if we go to Mt Compass.

Is that course an option?

wazamac
8th August 2017, 05:24 PM
The only reason we chose Lady Bay is because they were coring at Compass.

The Mount was our first choice

Slug
19th August 2017, 07:01 PM
Any chance of being a potential late inclusion here

oldracer
19th August 2017, 07:22 PM
Slugo.....What days mate

Slug
19th August 2017, 07:57 PM
Probably all if I can the time off

wazamac
19th August 2017, 09:14 PM
Welcome Slug.

More the merrier.

hardboiled
19th August 2017, 09:17 PM
Probably all if I can the time offLet's do it

nadg63
19th August 2017, 10:03 PM
Any chance of being a potential late inclusion here

Let's do it

Sure, just let me know what days and ASAP for group bookings/costs etc.

nadg63
20th August 2017, 10:58 AM
About to send out PM's re bank details for Champs payments.

Could everyone taking part please pay a deposit of $50 by Sunday September 17th. (then the balance, once confirmed, by the end of October)

Thanks,

'nadg'

nadg63
28th August 2017, 03:13 PM
Saturday's round is now booked for Mount Osmond GC due to the previous choices due to be undergoing green coring the week prior to Champs :(

benno_r
28th August 2017, 03:42 PM
This could be the least amount of k's ever covered at an SA champs. Nice one.

Looks hilly though.

3Puttpete
28th August 2017, 03:52 PM

Looks hilly though.Not really.

Airport-Yankalilla-Mt Osmond is a bit of a trip

oldracer
28th August 2017, 03:55 PM
Not really. Airport-Yankalilla-Mt Osmond is a bit of a trip Only for some

3Puttpete
28th August 2017, 04:00 PM
Full recips at Mount Osmond. I'm winning already

3Puttpete
28th August 2017, 04:01 PM
Only for some

You doing it for me? Kitchener and FUIC thanks mate

thecollective
28th August 2017, 04:12 PM

Looks hilly though.

Benno; its very hilly and tight in many places; a quirky track that is for sure. Has some spectacular views of Adelaide. I always have fun there but I know others are not fans.

nadg63
28th August 2017, 04:12 PM

Looks hilly though.

That was a major consideration to try and keep the travelling down. Is a bit up and down, but I've walked it previously so if I can do it anyone should be able to :)

Not really.

Airport-Yankalilla-Mt Osmond is a bit of a trip

Haha :)

Full recips at Mount Osmond. I'm winning already

Bonus!

thecollective
28th August 2017, 04:14 PM
MO also has a great clubhouse and put on a good feed

nadg63
28th August 2017, 05:00 PM
MO also has a great clubhouse and put on a good feed

Unfortunately NOT! They close the kitchen at 6pm on Saturdays, (think they only open later to cater for major functions), so going to need somewhere nearby for dinner!?

3Puttpete
28th August 2017, 05:02 PM
House of schnitzel

wazamac
28th August 2017, 05:20 PM
Earl of Aberdeen or AB's

nadg63
28th August 2017, 05:29 PM
Earl of Aberdeen or AB's

They nearby/close!?

Lagerlover
28th August 2017, 06:25 PM
Earl of Aberdeen or AB's

EARL OF ABERDEEN!!!!!

where was that awesome idea two years ago?

Peppas
28th August 2017, 07:04 PM
Benno; its very hilly and tight in many places; a quirky track that is for sure. Has some spectacular views of Adelaide. I always have fun there but I know others are not fans. Great I love tight and hilly

mrbluu
28th August 2017, 08:36 PM
Great I love tight and hillyI thought u said a gentleman never tells???[emoji16][emoji16]

nadg63
29th August 2017, 05:05 PM
To the Saturday players, all on for dinner somewhere after the round!? Just need the numbers so as to look in to booking somewhere.

3Puttpete
29th August 2017, 05:30 PM
To the Saturday players, all on for dinner somewhere after the round!? Just need the numbers so as to look in to booking somewhere.

In

spanner039
29th August 2017, 06:45 PM
In, I have a few dietary requirements though

oldracer
29th August 2017, 08:25 PM
In

benno_r
29th August 2017, 09:17 PM
In as well

jimandr
29th August 2017, 09:31 PM
My primary dinner requirement is schnitzel.

I vote for somewhere we can get parking. That one in the City was a problem for that reason, and it was a bit noisy. For some reason, the other patrons wanted to shout to their companions rather than listen to us shouting about our golf experiences.

Mt Osmond fits my primary golfing requirement, of being a course I've never played before.

thecollective
30th August 2017, 08:41 AM
safe to say 'all in' Nadg - more a case of who's out

3Puttpete
30th August 2017, 08:59 AM
House of schnitzel

My primary dinner requirement is schnitzel.

I vote for somewhere we can get parking.

thecollective
30th August 2017, 09:48 AM
There are lots of good pubs east of the city that will make a cracking schnitzel

wazamac
30th August 2017, 11:00 AM
City is probably the bet as most peeps will want to go back and have showers etc...

thecollective
30th August 2017, 11:07 AM
City is probably the bet as most peeps will want to go back and have showers etc...

Earl of Aberdeen? (same as two years back, thought the schnitty there was pretty solid) the parking is pretty good around there too

nadg63
30th August 2017, 12:14 PM
My primary dinner requirement is schnitzel.I vote for somewhere we can get parking. That one in the City was a problem for that reason, and it was a bit noisy. For some reason, the other patrons wanted to shout to their companions rather than listen to us shouting about our golf experiences.Mt Osmond fits my primary golfing requirement, of being a course I've never played before. 'Not played before' was also part of the criteria. Will run out eventually though!

3Puttpete
30th August 2017, 12:44 PM
Earl of Aberdeen? (same as two years back, thought the schnitty there was pretty solid) the parking is pretty good around there too AKA Cooper's Alehouse? Sweet. The sooner I know where we're eating and drinking, the sooner I can book accommodation

oldracer
30th August 2017, 02:03 PM
AKA Cooper's Alehouse? Sweet. The sooner I know where we're eating and drinking, the sooner I can book accommodation Ditto

thecollective
30th August 2017, 02:49 PM
I just read the previous page - I think the Earl is clearly the winner

Lock it in Eddie

wazamac
30th August 2017, 03:01 PM
Do we need a seperate "Let's Eat" thread for the other nights?

Sent the Earl a tentative booking for 18 peeps at 7:30pm. Will see what they come back with.

3Puttpete
30th August 2017, 03:04 PM
Donehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/03f47088941ea52ed3394f621f7cb26b.jpg

marcel
30th August 2017, 04:57 PM
in

spanner039
30th August 2017, 05:38 PM
Donehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/03f47088941ea52ed3394f621f7cb26b.jpg Should make for an interesting shout

3Puttpete
30th August 2017, 07:02 PM
Should make for an interesting shoutI'll have a coopers

spanner039
30th August 2017, 07:10 PM
I'll have a coopersCarlton Cold it is

jimandr
30th August 2017, 07:25 PM
Do we need a seperate "Let's Eat" thread for the other nights?

Sent the Earl a tentative booking for 18 peeps at 7:30pm. Will see what they come back with.

I don't think so.

The only night we need to think about is the post-kitchener cup presentation dinner on Friday.

Depending on the time you can get us on at Blackwood, their meals were good enough for Hatch, Waza and myself last year. So settling down there for a couple of soft drinks before dinner might be OK.

wazamac
30th August 2017, 07:34 PM
Friday Night- We could roll down the hill to the Tonsley Hotel.
Have a meal in either the Restuarant or Chrysler Bar and Live band from 9pm.

oldracer
31st August 2017, 07:25 AM
Friday Night- We could roll down the hill to the Tonsley Hotel.Have a meal in either the Restuarant or Chrysler Bar and Live band from 9pm. 9.30's my bedtime 😳

mrbluu
31st August 2017, 07:26 AM
9.30's my bedtime [emoji15]At your age is that am?? [emoji14][emoji14]

oldracer
31st August 2017, 10:37 AM
At your age is that am?? [emoji14][emoji14] Cheeky fka, wasn't that long ago it was am after an all nighter

wazamac
1st September 2017, 02:28 PM
Booked in and confirmed for 18 people 7:30pm Saturday at the Earl

thecollective
1st September 2017, 02:49 PM
Booked in and confirmed for 18 people 7:30pm Saturday at the Earl

Thanks for organising the booking Waza!

3Puttpete
1st September 2017, 03:45 PM
Booked in and confirmed for 18 people 7:30pm Saturday at the Earl[emoji106]

Lagerlover
1st September 2017, 08:00 PM
Expect at least one name on the wall.

Peppas
2nd September 2017, 03:43 AM
Booked in and confirmed for 18 people 7:30pm Saturday at the Earl Thanks Waz, if I make it there I will have a +1 as well

3Puttpete
2nd September 2017, 06:02 AM
Thanks Waz, if I make it there I will have a +1 as wellI'm already included mate.

nadg63
3rd September 2017, 12:26 PM
Costs for the Fri-Sun rounds now posted in the OP spreadsheet.

Chris32
4th September 2017, 02:21 PM
Not going to be able to make it this year sorry, hopefully someone can grab my spot for the round at RA

Catch you all in 2018 with a bit of luck

Wenz
4th September 2017, 02:35 PM
I'm out as well, sorry!

mrbluu
4th September 2017, 02:58 PM
Thanks Waz, if I make it there I will have a +1 as wellAre u the +1???

Peppas
6th September 2017, 10:26 AM
Deposit made, thanks Nadg.

nadg63
6th September 2017, 08:10 PM
Deposit made, thanks Nadg.

Thanks Peppas, not golfed out yet then!?

Peppas
6th September 2017, 08:18 PM
Thanks Peppas, not golfed out yet then!? Nope, looking forward to SAnker champs :)

nadg63
11th September 2017, 08:33 PM
Just a reminder re deposits owing!

thecollective
11th September 2017, 10:30 PM
Just a reminder re deposits owing!

wont be untill the weekend champ im afraid - last week of work and I am in Perth sorting out lots of sh*t

Chilled
12th September 2017, 07:24 AM
wont be untill the weekend champ im afraid - last week of work and I am in Perth sorting out lots of sh*tDude, it takes literally under a minute to go into your banking app (or just regular internet banking) and make a "pay someone" payment...:lol:....or do you need to make a special trip to a post office and wire money through Western Union ? \\:D/

benno_r
12th September 2017, 07:42 AM
Dude, it takes literally under a minute to go into your banking app (or just regular internet banking) and make a "pay someone" payment...[emoji38]....or do you need to make a special trip to a post office and wire money through Western Union ? \\:D/Might be coming via his long lost Nigerian uncle.

Peppas
12th September 2017, 07:47 AM
Dude, it takes literally under a minute to go into your banking app (or just regular internet banking) and make a "pay someone" payment...:lol:....or do you need to make a special trip to a post office and wire money through Western Union ? \\:D/Hey mate did you pay your deposit yet? :)

oldracer
12th September 2017, 09:32 AM
Those lovely people at The Grange responded as yet???

Chilled
12th September 2017, 10:57 AM
Hey mate did you pay your deposit yet? :)Hey mate, yes I did \\:D/

nadg63
12th September 2017, 12:09 PM
Hey mate, yes I did \\:D/ When? I've not seen it pop up in the account!?

Chilled
12th September 2017, 02:28 PM
When? I've not seen it pop up in the account!?You will either tonight or tomorrow ;)

nadg63
12th September 2017, 03:29 PM
You will either tonight or tomorrow ;)

No worries, just checking it hadn't gone astray :)