PDA

View Full Version : Ping G vs G Stretch fairway

Jazz18
29th December 2016, 11:43 PM
Has anyone tried both of these and have any feedback? I like the idea of the stretch cause I use three wood off the tee a lot but also like three wood off the deck when I can. Any thoughts? Cheers

Jazz18
31st December 2016, 09:01 AM
Feedback in either would be great too even if you haven't hit both. Cheers

Jazz18
31st December 2016, 09:05 AM

davidw88
31st December 2016, 06:37 PM
Had the normal G, didn't like it, seemed to be shorter than most other 3 woods.

Deester
31st December 2016, 06:47 PM
I've only hit the the standard G fairway and found it as long if not a little longer than the G30 fairways.

I'm still settling into the G from the G30 and was hitting the G30 well when I changed it out ... A bit more time with the G and it'll be a keeper I think.

A pretty easy fairway to get off the deck in most cases ... I havnt tried it of the tee as I currently have a mental block when teeing fairways and hybrids up.

Jerrymoo
6th January 2017, 05:52 PM
Jazz... I've had both, currently have the standard G in bag.

Started out with the Stretch... definitely a stronger tee shot club; head is a little larger, deeper face, lower spin, and probably a bit longer than the regular G.

But when I broke my slump with the driver I was hitting it less at the tee, and just found that off the deck it was only okay. If the ball was sitting down at all it could be difficult to elevate, and the strong ball flight made holding greens tricky.

The G is much more of an all-rounder, and it's been a lot more consistent off the deck for me.

Jazz18
6th January 2017, 09:05 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. Thanks Jerrymoo for the detail. Since starting this thread I've realised I hardly ever use 3 wood off the deck (not that reliable with it and don't really need it at my current club) but I do use it A LOT off the tee. I'm using driver 4 times max on the course so a good three wood off the tee is invaluable to me. I will hit both models but I get the feeling that even if it's only 5-10m longer, the stretch would be a better option for me. Cheers.