PDA

View Full Version : Raw Vokeys (or other clubs) care...

Captain Nemo
24th December 2016, 11:14 AM
I've got a bunch of raw Vokeys.
I know they are supposed to rust up, but I like them when they have that nice smooth finish.
What products out there have you guys had success with a. removing rust , then b. Using a product to seal it or keep the, from rusting up again?

benno_r
24th December 2016, 11:21 AM
I have raw mizzies. Quick bead blast got the rust off, left them nice and grey.

Keep the rust off by wiping down with silicone spray after the round.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Jazz18
24th December 2016, 11:21 AM
Coke works well to remove rust. Just soak overnight. Can slightly change the colour of the club. Did it on a Callaway X forged wedge once and it came up a treat! To keep them rust free, perhaps oil like you would with an oil can putter for example.

Captain Nemo
24th December 2016, 11:29 AM
I've got a bunch of SC oil cloths...
Is there any product you can dip them in to keep them from rusting, like from Bunnings etc...?

Daves
24th December 2016, 11:35 AM
WD40 Silicone Spray, or equivalent (SuperCheap do a slightly cheaper home brand).

olddogmike
24th December 2016, 12:15 PM
Used to use Ranex (phosphoric acid) to take away the rust stains off the fittings on my boat. Works well.

Daves
24th December 2016, 12:30 PM
Used to use Ranex (phosphoric acid) to take away the rust stains off the fittings on my boat. Works well.

Similar to Gel Coat Restorer. I am just in the process of cleaning up our Stainless Outdoor Lights with it at the moment.

JADO75
24th December 2016, 01:02 PM
I love me some rust on my wedges, the dirtier looking the better.

Dotty
24th December 2016, 01:06 PM
Soak overnight in Coke for mild tarnishing.

For severe (red) rust, I've used White Knight Rust Convertor.

To protect, Kiwi paint-on shoe polish in neutral (because it was already in the cupboard).

backintheswing
24th December 2016, 01:52 PM
Silicone Spray needs to be electrical or food grade, otherwise it will eat any paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BayBum
25th December 2016, 10:48 AM
I use 'Boesheild T-9'. Does the trick, just keep the clubs as clean and dry as possible. I use CLR to remove the rust.

Oldplayer
26th December 2016, 02:39 PM
White vinegar takes off rust nicely when left overnight. Get an oil impregnated gun cloth and just give them a wipe after the round to keep them protected with the right sort of oil.