PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing June 5th

Flowergirl
7th June 2006, 08:48 PM
First round of Club Champs today. Nothing brillant 89/71. Played well - except for a stupid 8 on a par 5. Grrrrrrrrrr. Champs are held over 3 rounds. Leader is on 80 - only nine strokes ahead!!! My goal is to shhot 3 rounds in the 80's. First round aim acheived.:-D

New driver is very forgiving. Don't hit it as far as my old one - but the "bad" shots still seem to end up on the fairway. At my level I can't ask for more than that.

Glad to report that I didn't hit any shots fat. Yea!!!!

dc68
8th June 2006, 08:36 AM
Well done, hope you can meet your goal of 3 rounds in the 80's.That should put you there or thereabouts by the sound of things. Good luck!

Coffs_Hacker
8th June 2006, 08:42 AM
36 pts on tues

1 Fairway :P
4 Gir
32 putts 1 eagle, 1 bird

TS
8th June 2006, 09:02 AM
36 pts on tues

4 Gir
32 putts 1 eagle, 1 bird

36 pts with 1 Fairway is impressive.

connico
8th June 2006, 09:58 AM
36 pts with 1 Fairway is impressive.

very impressive!!!

cazandpaul
8th June 2006, 12:24 PM
-5 in a par event yesterday - one of those days where all the bounces were horrid - the previously mentioned light at the end of the tunnel may well be the train.

BrisVegas
8th June 2006, 01:01 PM
36 pts on tues

4 Gir
32 putts 1 eagle, 1 bird

well at least your putting is getting better.... Must have been the threats to sell it that got the Monza's attention!! :razz:

Maybe it's time to find a new driver.... :smt002

Flowergirl
8th June 2006, 01:59 PM
-5 in a par event yesterday - one of those days where all the bounces were horrid - the previously mentioned light at the end of the tunnel may well be the train.

Better than a girl in our club. She had -14 the other week:shock: Hopefully next week the bounces will go the right way.

amanda
9th June 2006, 04:01 PM
Played in the 2nd round of the club matchplay today and won on the 20th hole. It was a continual swapping of the lead until my opponent went 3up with 4 holes to play. We havled won and then I won 3 in a row before we went down the 1st again. Another half and then I made par on the 2nd while she had quite a shocker (8).

It was strange giving away 24 shots - she's a 45 handicapper but a much better player than that on occasion. It was difficult on the easy holes to give her 2 shots - making pars still lost me holes!

Really looking forward to Camden Valley - though I hope it's not a raining, then sunny, then raining, then humid, then sprinkling day.

TS
9th June 2006, 04:04 PM
Played in the 2nd round of the club matchplay today and won on the 20th hole. It was a continual swapping of the lead until my opponent went 3up with 4 holes to play. We havled won and then I won 3 in a row before we went down the 1st again. Another half and then I made par on the 2nd while she had quite a shocker (8).

It was strange giving away 24 shots - she's a 45 handicapper but a much better player than that on occasion. It was difficult on the easy holes to give her 2 shots - making pars still lost me holes!

Really looking forward to Camden Valley - though I hope it's not a raining, then sunny, then raining, then humid, then sprinkling day.

Mandy. Well done. Come back from 3 down is a great effect. Couple more rounds and you will be the matchplay champ. See you and Brad on Monday

amanda
9th June 2006, 04:13 PM
I used a totally different frame of mind in this match compared to all of the ozgolf matchplays in the past - it really worked!

Anyone fancy a match on monday? (not for anything - just bragging rights - I need to practice my mental toughness :))

TS
9th June 2006, 04:31 PM
I used a totally different frame of mind in this match compared to all of the ozgolf matchplays in the past - it really worked!

Anyone fancy a match on monday? (not for anything - just bragging rights - I need to practice my mental toughness :))

Stroke round and match play doesn't go well together. Need different approaches.

Eag's
10th June 2006, 07:09 AM
Played Single Stab at Nudgee yesterday with Jarro.
I haven't even looked at a golf club over the last few weeks so I
decided to just go out and have some fun, I was very relaxed :)

Shot 81 (38pts)
29 Putts
8 Greens
7 Fairways

First time in ages I haven't gone to the range at least once during the week
and end up hitting the ball really well, strange bloody game at times :smt017

Flowergirl
10th June 2006, 08:09 AM
Well done Mandy. That's a top effort. And 24 strokes.........I sooked last year when I had to give 17!!!!. I'm very impressed there girl :)

Jarro
10th June 2006, 08:23 AM
you can give me 17 strokes anytime you like FG :smt047

Flowergirl
10th June 2006, 08:40 AM
you can give me 17 strokes anytime you like FG :smt047

You are a funny boy:-D :smt002 ( I'm suprised that you would last 17!!!)

BrisVegas
10th June 2006, 12:21 PM
Single stab around Brookwater early this morning. Rainy, but only got heavy on a couple of holes.

85 gross for 30 points (13 & 17).
8 fairways
3 GIR!
25 putts

Made 10 consecutive 1-putts coming home. Feel like I can make everything inside 8 foot at the moment!

terryand
10th June 2006, 12:27 PM
Its a great feeling that isn't Vegas.

Terry.

AndyP
10th June 2006, 01:08 PM
..... so I decided to just go out and have some fun, I was very relaxed :)
Well done, Eag's. Like you, I'll be looking to discover the same relaxed feeling each time now.

Rainy, but only got heavy on a couple of holes.
We actually got rain in the west??? Woopee!

It's been raining up here on the Sunshine Coast since we drove up last night.

BrisWesty
10th June 2006, 05:56 PM
Had an 86/72 in monthly medal today. Have ended up back on 14 hcp after a while at 13. Rain came and went, times about 6.
Felt really solid, 10 out of 13 fairways (all driver), 4 GIR + another 4 where the ball went across the green and ended up on the fringe. Felt good with the putter but it didn't want to drop in the hole, except for a 14m one to save par (I'd have preferred to 2 putt it, and drop 5 x 3-4 metre putts instead).
Had one brain explosion hole for a triple bogey and then got back on track again.

Bruce
10th June 2006, 06:12 PM
Sandringham on a cold on foggy day. Visibility was less than 100m at times and the mercury never got into double digits.

36 points with 2 wipes.

I think the lack of visibility made me put on a few tentative swings. At one point I hit a 9I to a green I couldn't see. Tee shots were just dissappearing before they started to come down. We ended up hitting a few provisionals as we just weren't sure how they were going to end up. The 12th doglegs left around some extremely dense Ti-tree. I pulled my tee shot a bit and it's line did not look good as it vanished in the fog. Grabbed a provisional ball and sprayed that off to the right into some equally dense big-****en-trouble. Rather than hit a potential 5 off the tee I trudged down the fairway with my tail between my legs. My partners all played their seconds and I followed along to find that my first had cleared the **** and was sitting on the fairway about 120 out. A 8I on and 2 putts I had gone from dead to a 3pt par. :)

Golf is a funny game.

oz
11th June 2006, 07:42 AM
A solid 73 (par 72) at Thurgoona yesterday. 3 birdies, 2 bogies, and a brain-fart double (water from the tee). Driver was super solid, and the new long putter (B90) rolled it sweetly.

Courty
11th June 2006, 01:58 PM
3rd & 4th round of my Club Champs got postponed thanks to some rather heavy falls of rain on Friday night. Apparently the 9th fairway still had 2 inches of water on it at 7am. :shock:
I still went & played 18 in the afternoon. Nothing special, shot an 81. It was a good opportunity though as I got to test out the new X-Tour. ;)

McMw
11th June 2006, 05:13 PM
Just finished playing the Club Open...
Jean took out the Ladies 36 holes nett winner with 141 (won by 10 shots)...
Played 94/95 Fri/Sat to qualify for the 3rd round - shot 95 again today...

I had a shocker 81 on Friday - but it was one of those rounds where I had couple of bad bounces and luck...so I wasn't too upset bout it...
Had 73 on Saturday - 3 bogeys, missed a lot of birdies...
Had 76 today - 6 bogeys...couple of easy missed birds... :(

So started the final day in 7th place overall, main goal was to catch position #6...and got him after the 9...
Was also helped by the Kid who was 4th overall, but exploded with an 87 to get me to 5th position... :D

Flowergirl
11th June 2006, 07:14 PM
Played at Rosebud Country Club today in their comp. Happy to report no three putts - yeah!!!! Two wipes:( ended up with 33 points. My short game was good ( for me) today.

cazandpaul
12th June 2006, 03:58 AM
Men's foursomes championships yesterday over 27 holes - my partner and I managed not to get in too much trouble and won the net:-D

We both drove the ball well (I'm trying out Titleist 905R:-D ) and chipped and putted well (for the most part:oops: )

Played with a good group of blokes and for once it wasn't gruesome.

oz
12th June 2006, 08:07 AM
Nice work, Paul. Any time you get your name up on those boards (do they do it for nett, at your club?), it is an achievement. Well done.

Courty
12th June 2006, 02:21 PM
Just played a social 18 with my neighbours. Shot a lazy 75 off the social tees. It feels like cheating as some of the social tees are 100m in front of where the comp tees are.

cazandpaul
13th June 2006, 04:56 AM
No honour board unfortunately.

shazza_rs
13th June 2006, 03:46 PM
Saturday 10th June - Matchplay champs
-----------------------------------------------------
Well played in my first ever ladies matchplay champs at Middle Ridge. Wasn't until the 3rd hole when i found out there was no hcp, all off the stick. Sucked that i drew a 5 marker.

I didn't play bad... actually to my hcp but so did she..

Went down 7 and 5.

Weather was so crap that you couldn't see more than 80 metres in front of you for the fog. Weird... didn't miss a fairway all day... even though i couldn't see anything. Seeing flags for pin positions was a no goer.... lucky i knew the course and knew where the greens were.

Funniest thing was not being able to see the 16th green from the ladies tees, a whole 98m from the green. ;)

Courty
13th June 2006, 06:14 PM
Matchplay champs
-----------------------------------------------------
Well played in my first ever ladies matchplay champs at Middle Ridge. Wasn't until the 3rd hole when i found out there was no hcp, all off the stick. Sucked that i drew a 5 marker.

How does that work? There is a match index for events when players from different grades play each other. :-s Why would you play gross matchplay against someone who has 12 less shots than you? Doesn't make sense...

goughy
13th June 2006, 06:27 PM
Dosen't seem right to me either courty. And I can't believe you played up here on sunday in that weather. Just about the only conditions that I wouldn't play in. It was pretty much solid fog all day.

Did you play out the rest of the round?

shazza_rs
13th June 2006, 07:14 PM
The game was on saturday goughy... I played up until the 6th hole ( we teed off on the 10th), then walked back to the clubhouse for a beer.

Courty - we are in the same grade.... A grade for ladies is 0-18... she was off five and i am off 18... 13 shots different.

I don't know the rules.... i guess cause it is an honour board event and the top 8 gross scores from the champs are the qualifiers, therefore it is a gross event.

shazza_rs
13th June 2006, 07:17 PM
03/06/2006 Riverlakes GC Stroke 72 70 70 93 75 18 23

getting sick of these..... i actually am only 3 shots over par but the CCR for Riverlakes is always 70 regardless of conditions. This particular day it was blowing a gale and was really difficult.

goughy
13th June 2006, 07:27 PM
I find it hard to think of a course as 2 shots less than par when playing it. Would be a real pain if you were a member of one of those courses which are like 6 shots easier than their par.

shazza_rs
13th June 2006, 07:29 PM
They never have enough ladies play in the saturday comp... which sucks. Which also means that chicks that actually play 2 under their cap don't lose any shots when they should.

I have the best of both worlds i guess.... middle ridge usually is rated harder than par and riverlakes is always 2 under.

It sucks!

Courty
13th June 2006, 08:28 PM
Courty - we are in the same grade.... A grade for ladies is 0-18... she was off five and i am off 18... 13 shots different.

Fair enough. I didn't realise A-Grade was up to 18 for the ladies. Still, it seems very unfair to have to give up so many shots in handicap and have to compete with gross scores. That's what handicaps are for (to level the playing field).

AndyP
13th June 2006, 09:43 PM
I think handicap matchplay is less common at clubs than scratch matchplay. The unfortunate thing for Shazza is how big A grade is for the ladies, but she obviously did well enough to get in the top 8 gross overall in her champs.