PDA

View Full Version : Driver purchase dilemma

Wenz
14th December 2016, 09:35 AM
So to keep this short.
Bought a driver of Facebook page, driver arrived chopped down 1.5" shorter. I believe it was cut from the tip as the adapter shows signs of being pulled.
He admitted it was altered by his "pro"
Hit it twice the other day at golf shop, next swing the driver shaft snapped off at the adapter on my backswing and flew into the roof of the golf shop.

Have tried contacting the seller asking what he suggests we do, he's avoiding the question.
What's your take on this?

Progolfgear
14th December 2016, 09:40 AM
Wouldn't mind betting it has been broken at the hosel, drilled out and re-glued (hence being tipped 1.5"). The shaft probably had further damage and was just waiting to let go.

How did you pay for it?

Captain Nemo
14th December 2016, 09:45 AM
Good luck, keep us informed how you go...

Wenz
14th December 2016, 09:45 AM
Paypal, goods & services

I've messaged him on Paypal just incase I need to escalate it to a claim.

Captain Nemo
14th December 2016, 09:46 AM
I'd do a claim regardless, looks worthless now.

Wenz
14th December 2016, 09:47 AM
I'll give him a chance to refund on his own accord.
When would be an acceptable time to bump it to a claim!

goughy
14th December 2016, 10:42 AM
Don't wait too long. I bet he didn't take long to return messages when you were in the purchasing process? How long has he been 'ignoring' the question now? At least if you escalate it to a claim it'll force his hand. And if he ignores that, you'll end up with your money back.

TheNuclearOne
14th December 2016, 11:06 AM
Full refund, go hard.

Steve57
14th December 2016, 11:15 AM
Full refund, go hard.
+1

Davidw
14th December 2016, 01:27 PM
+2 don't let them get away with this shonkiness

BUSHY
14th December 2016, 02:14 PM
I'd do a claim regardless, looks worthless now.

Full refund, go hard.

My thoughts exactly. Too many tell tale signs for me.

Wenz
14th December 2016, 02:18 PM
Claim escalated, let's see how this goes.

Deester
14th December 2016, 02:20 PM
There's a few snakes in the grass over on the FB buy sell pages ... Just had to go through PayPal to get a refund from a guy who didn't even send the bought item.

When escalating a dispute through Paypal, it can take up to 30 days to process, but if paid for via goods and services you're generally covered.

Good luck.

backintheswing
14th December 2016, 02:22 PM
Deester and wenz, are you reporting to admin ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBennett
14th December 2016, 02:22 PM
I would also ensure you call him out for his shonkiness - either on the Facebook page, or name him here.

Got to look after your fellow Ozgolfers.

Wenz
14th December 2016, 02:24 PM
Another sign, he deleted his ad on the Facebook page a couple days after I finalised and paid for the deal.
Most others mark it as sold and let it bury itself.

Wenz
14th December 2016, 02:29 PM
Admin on FB page has told me to never contact him again after a heated phone call conversation a while back.

Mitch Coles is who I bought from

goughy
14th December 2016, 02:37 PM
Just let everything go through PayPal now. I wouldn't contact fb, this dude, whatever. Only through the official PayPal disputes process. So far every time Rob has had to go through it, the other party has just ignored it and PayPal has ended up refunding and yelling her to not even bother returning the product. Once it was even worth a few bucks too.

benno_r
14th December 2016, 02:38 PM
Admin on FB page has told me to never contact him again after a heated phone call conversation a while back.

Mitch Coles is who I bought from

Explain that a bit more please?

Wenz
14th December 2016, 02:48 PM
Rather not mate, keep it on topic.

3oneday
14th December 2016, 03:07 PM
Lucky no one bought it here then from you.

Wenz
14th December 2016, 03:10 PM
Lucky no one bought it here then from you.
+1
Has been removed from everywhere it was listed.

Wenz
14th December 2016, 07:52 PM
I've been offered half my money back by the seller.
Opinions?

Captain Nemo
14th December 2016, 08:00 PM
I've been offered half my money back by the seller.
Opinions?
**** that, it's beat up as shit, I'd want a full refund.

goughy
14th December 2016, 08:16 PM
Me, I say no. But I don't buy golf shit. So can't really say. But I can't see how it was remotely fit for purpose.....

Steve57
14th December 2016, 08:55 PM
No way. Hold your ground and you will get a full refund via PayPal.

Johnno
15th December 2016, 11:24 AM
Paypal pretty much always sides with the person who purchases even if the seller has solid evidence. Had this happen with a wedding dress my wife sold.

That driver is f@$ked. I wouldn't be taking anything less then full refund.

On a side note...glad I'm not impulsive, bullet dodged.

davidw88
15th December 2016, 06:39 PM
I think a half refund is pretty fair. How was he to know it was going to break and hit the roof of a shop.

Steve57
15th December 2016, 07:15 PM
I think a half refund is pretty fair. How was he to know it was going to break and hit the roof of a shop. David I would suggest that he knew it was suspect and that is why he got rid of it!

Wenz
19th December 2016, 07:10 AM
Just an update.

He has til 24th to supply his counter statements.
Am I right in saying, if he doesn't provide anything, paypal will likely favour my side?

Jazz18
19th December 2016, 08:01 AM
Good luck with this Wenz. Certainly looks like it was a crook driver and the seller knew it.

This topic is interesting to me. I would have thought given its a second hand item, there would be no way it would be covered and it would be a case of buyer beware. It does seem as though you got a raw deal Wenz but I would have thought there would be no way you'd get your money back regardless. I don't think that would be right or fair but that doesn't seem to matter with most other things in this day and age either.

Hope it works out in your favour.

dowdsy
19th December 2016, 10:11 AM
Was it a bargain? if so he probably new it was toast, go full refund.

benno_r
19th December 2016, 10:44 AM
Good luck with this Wenz. Certainly looks like it was a crook driver and the seller knew it.

This topic is interesting to me. I would have thought given its a second hand item, there would be no way it would be covered and it would be a case of buyer beware. It does seem as though you got a raw deal Wenz but I would have thought there would be no way you'd get your money back regardless. I don't think that would be right or fair but that doesn't seem to matter with most other things in this day and age either.

Hope it works out in your favour.

That's what I was thinking. I don't think you can warranty second hand goods. If he comes back and said he used prior to selling it, and it was all fine, you might be out of luck.

If it turned up all broken you would definitely have a case though.

backintheswing
19th December 2016, 10:50 AM
I think a half refund is pretty fair. How was he to know it was going to break and hit the roof of a shop.

Posted from the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3oneday
19th December 2016, 10:54 AM
Not sure what BITS is saying, but buying second hand comes with risks. Half was probably very fair, may end with zero now.

Jerrymoo
19th December 2016, 12:55 PM
BL, Wenz... hopefully you can get your money back.

Still can't believe the head ended up on the roof of the pro shop, haha :lol:

Johnno
19th December 2016, 01:01 PM
Depends how his wording was when he sold it. If there was no mention of it being worked on prior to arrival , which I'm guessing there wasn't as you didnt know about the shaft, then the buyer should be protected otherwise you would have people getting ripped off left right and centre.

Even if he says it was good when sent he needs proof with photos plus possibly a courier signing off on it at pick up time. Paypal sides with the buyer.

Wenz
22nd December 2016, 09:10 PM
So paypal decided in his favour.
Buyer beware with this guy, he's got things for sale on facebook page now.

Johnno
22nd December 2016, 09:38 PM
So paypal decided in his favour.
Buyer beware with this guy, he's got things for sale on facebook page now.

Sorry to hear. Doesn't seem fair

TheNuclearOne
2nd March 2018, 05:17 PM