PDA

View Full Version : Help needs: Please give me a list of resturant located at beach side in BNE area...

andylo
7th June 2006, 09:16 AM
That can host a small wedding cele.

Thanks in advance.

AndyP
7th June 2006, 09:19 AM
:-#

andylo
7th June 2006, 09:22 AM
:-#

What?

TS
7th June 2006, 09:50 AM

Thanks in advance.

Don't tell me you are not inviting all your ozgolf mates!

andylo
7th June 2006, 09:53 AM
let me find the place 1st before I invite someone!

I might even fly Fishy down to do the joke part if he wants to!

PeteyD
7th June 2006, 10:08 AM
Not a lot of beach in Brisbane. Are you after something with Water Views? Redland Bay Golf Club is not too bad. Southbank has Restuarants near the beach and river.

andylo
7th June 2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah aparting from Macca KFC and Sizzler, Cleveland, Redland bay is a good choice.... Thanks 69

Pete, thought of Southbank too but its not romantic enough :(

3oneday
7th June 2006, 10:15 AM
Pete, thought of Southbank too but its not romantic enough :(plenty of phone booths in the area ???

:p :lol:

PeteyD
7th June 2006, 10:19 AM
Romantic - MAybe the Summitt up at Mt Coot-tha lookout?

andylo
7th June 2006, 10:23 AM
But the food there's terrible.... I been to one in there before... my friend's wedding. End up not everyone very happy :(

BrisVegas
7th June 2006, 10:27 AM
It's not on the water but.... went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago at Gainsborough Greens . It's a nice setting and the whole thing was run professionally.

I had my reception at Brisbane Golf Club's Tennyson Room and can't speak highly enough of them. Very nice, private location and the staff were wonderful.

Be wary of some of the bigger places you book as you might end up sharing the place with other people or worse yet, other weddings!

andylo
7th June 2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the head up Dion... more phone calls to make :)

BrisVegas
7th June 2006, 10:29 AM
there's a park at Nudgee Beach too!! Get a couple of KFC buckets and a slab of beer.... bob's your uncle! (well maybe not Bob, but you get my drift....)

AndyP
7th June 2006, 11:38 AM
If there is no luck in Brisbane, you could try the Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast.

andylo
7th June 2006, 11:48 AM
That would be the contigency <-- (is it how it spell?) plan

AndyP
7th June 2006, 12:05 PM
contigency <-- (is it how it spell?) plan
contingency

Jarro
7th June 2006, 12:35 PM
Morgans seafood restaurant at Scarborough is nice.

You could have the ceremony on the back of one of the prawn trawlers too 8)

TS
7th June 2006, 01:13 PM
Morgans seafood restaurant at Scarborough is nice.

You could have the ceremony on the back of one of the prawn trawlers too 8)

I went there before, the food is ok.

andylo
7th June 2006, 01:14 PM
but its NOT entirely beach side...

Grunt
7th June 2006, 03:11 PM
Go the whole hog Andy and do what I did. Go overseas and do it for the 2 of you and spend the left overs on yourselves. Rachelle & I got married on a beach in Maui. It cost us just over US$1000 for the wedding, photos, Video and the marriage Licence.

BrisWesty
7th June 2006, 04:52 PM
There's that really big pub at Woody Point but can't remember what it's called.

goughy
7th June 2006, 05:10 PM
You could go the specific function venue. My sister got married at a place near graceville or something on the river. Has 3 specific function rooms of varying sizes. You will have other weddings on at the same time, but we didn't notice any probs at all, and my band played for my sisters and we didn't disrupt the others. Nice outdoor areas where you can hold the ceremony and photo's, even a jetty where you can arrive by boat.

Can find out where it was too if you want..

goughy
7th June 2006, 05:12 PM
There's that really big pub at Woody Point but can't remember what it's called.

There's a nice one in sandgate I think that's up on the hill overlooking the ocean. And I think there's a nice restaurant (not too big) up that way as well. Both have good reps I believe.

Fishman Dan
7th June 2006, 06:27 PM
"...and the bride is looking lovely tonight. The last time i saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it"

So, do i get the gig?

BrisVegas
7th June 2006, 07:48 PM
There's a nice one in sandgate I think that's up on the hill overlooking the ocean. And I think there's a nice restaurant (not too big) up that way as well. Both have good reps I believe.

My brother had his wedding reception in a smallish restaurant at Sandgate up on the hill last year. I forget what it was called. Ceremony was in the park up above the Sandgate Jetty. I was the MC at the reception. Nice little spot for a group of 30-40. No PA system though.....

The bigger (trendy new, lots of concrete and steel) pub up there is quite ok, but not very intimate. You'd also be competing with the bogans tearing up and down that hill all night.

BrisVegas
7th June 2006, 07:50 PM
You could go the specific function venue. My sister got married at a place near graceville or something on the river. Has 3 specific function rooms of varying sizes.

Can find out where it was too if you want..

You're talking about Wanganui Gardens in Yeronga. It's a wedding factory! 3 separate rooms all with different themes. Depending on your taste, they're either wonderful or hideously tacky.... Pretty expensive too.

PeteyD
7th June 2006, 07:55 PM
Your reception location does not really have to be romantic. HAving good food and atmosphere is more important (unless you are talking a really small and intimate party). We ended up having our reception at the High Court pub in Toowoomba, because we went there for lunch and loved the food and got on with the chef. It was also a lot cheaper than the reception halls , as they did not charge us room hire or anything like that.

just
7th June 2006, 10:14 PM
Raphael's is the place in Sandgate/Shorncliffe. Great food. Nice size if you are having a smallish reception and it has great views over the bay.

Justin

Jarro
8th June 2006, 08:21 AM
ALO, don't get married on the beach.

look what happened to these poor buggers :shock:

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/990/weddingphoto9dg.th.jpg (http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weddingphoto9dg.jpg)

BrisVegas
8th June 2006, 09:51 AM
I'd do Vegas.

Yeah mate I know... It's all good. :)

macleod
8th June 2006, 11:35 AM
ALO, don't get married on the beach.

look what happened to these poor buggers :shock:

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/990/weddingphoto9dg.th.jpg (http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weddingphoto9dg.jpg)
ha!

ahahahahahaha!

oh, made my morning...*sniffle -wipes tears*

macleod
8th June 2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah mate I know... It's all good. :)

oh godammit, there's a queue forming already?

what number is on my ticket? will he beat annabelle chong? who's got slops?

macleod
8th June 2006, 11:40 AM

Thanks in advance.

Sonomas or Raphael's at shorncliffe/sandgate - raphael's better view, great breezes and masonic secret doors...sandcrab delights at sonomas

Grunt
8th June 2006, 12:19 PM
ha!

ahahahahahaha!

oh, made my morning...*sniffle -wipes tears*

When we were getting married on Waliea Beach in Maui, there were 3 other weddings at other parts of the beach. It must not have a booked area and it is first in best dressed. For a couple of the photo shots the photographer would move around so as to make the beach look as if we were the only ones on it. Nothing could be further from the truth, there were a group playing Beach volleyball only about 20 feet at one stage of the photoshoot, they let out a massive cheer when we poppped the Champagne on the beach.

Jarro
8th June 2006, 01:20 PM
If I had to do it again..I'd do Vegas.

trying to make Blake jealous ?

Deano
8th June 2006, 09:51 PM
AndyLo

Mate try the Fish Cafe(not a cafe but restaurant) at Manly or I'm told better still the seafood restaurant out on the point where the boats come in over behind Manly pool.....nice spot.Food I'm told is awesome/great views right on the water.

Avoid Wanganui Gardens imho.Been to a wedding there,with one happening on either side/same time.Cueing up for photo's on the pier......I'm serious.

Deano