PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe Tel3 putter

shavey
4th May 2004, 10:04 PM
Has anybody had experience with this putter? I'm looking at a second hand model for $170 and liked the look and feel but a few minutes in the shop is a little different to a few years on the course.

Seems to be difficulty with Scotty Camerons coming into the country so a second hand job looks like the way to go.

Any other suggestions or availability on the Gold Coast?

jaster
4th May 2004, 10:28 PM
Has anybody had experience with this putter? I'm looking at a second hand model for $170 and liked the look and feel but a few minutes in the shop is a little different to a few years on the course.

Seems to be difficulty with Scotty Camerons coming into the country so a second hand job looks like the way to go.

Any other suggestions or availability on the Gold Coast?

For $170 as long as it is not too rusted or marked that is a great price, the Tei3 is a great putter and the sante fe one that Jeff Sluman used right up until a month or so ago I beleive so it does work well :)
Just be prepared to have to babyoil it every week or after every round otherwise it will go rusty :)

What is so difficult about getting scottys into the country? :shock:

Jarro
5th May 2004, 05:46 AM
you can't go wrong with a Scotty :D

shavey
5th May 2004, 07:15 AM
The company that was responsible for importing them as gone down and the backup company only wanted to sell them to the likes of stores who weren't going to slash their prices like the big chains do. So, very selected golf stores, pro shops etc. from my understanding, are the only places you will find new stock.

jaster
5th May 2004, 07:40 AM
The company that was responsible for importing them as gone down and the backup company only wanted to sell them to the likes of stores who weren't going to slash their prices like the big chains do. So, very selected golf stores, pro shops etc. from my understanding, are the only places you will find new stock.

Titleist were distributed in Australia by Greg Normans company "International Brands". To my know knowledge they didn't fold, just lost the distribution rights to any Titleist and Cobra gear and it is now organised by Achusnet (I think that is how it is spelt?!!?) who own Titleist and Cobra. They are keeping a close watch on who can sell there gear now and you will not be able to get it from Superchain type stores, only on site golf shops/pro shops. Stupid move in my opinion :roll: I mainly buy from the US (ebay, BSG) so it does not worry me anyway :wink: :D

$170 is still a great price :wink:

jaster
23rd May 2004, 10:32 AM
So did you buy this shavey?

shavey
24th May 2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah, sorry guys.. Bought it and are enjoying it... Got it lengthened and standing a little further away from the ball also so getting used to that..

5 - 3 putts the other day so practice green needs a thorough workout..

no signs of rust though..

im not used to putts coming off the centre :)

markTHEblake
24th May 2004, 09:57 PM
it is now organised by Achusnet (I think that is how it is spelt?!!?)

Acushnet