PDA

View Full Version : Iron shafts in hybrids

sfdoddsy
2nd December 2016, 10:20 PM
It's always struck me as kind of odd that hybrids are meant to replace our long irons (and be hit the same way), yet we usually shaft them completely differently.

So I'm putting someone else's money where my mouth is.

As a combined birthday and Xmas present, my darling honey has agreed to pointlessly reshaft my new Steelhead irons with the Steelfiber i95s I was fitted for at Pureform.

I bought the matching hybrids used and the shafts are a bit limp even for my swing, so I am going to make her even more generous and reshaft them with the same i95s.

I'm expecting to lose a bit of distance and tighten up dispersion.

Given I currently hit the 3 hybrid as far (sometimes further) than my 4 wood, I'm not fussed by losing a few yards.

Anyone else do the same?

3Puttpete
2nd December 2016, 10:25 PM
I like it

Johnny Canuck
2nd December 2016, 11:46 PM
Tourfit was big on the hybrid with a steel shaft.

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2016, 07:48 AM
Tourfit was big on the hybrid with a steel shaft.
Agree, I remember getting a KBS tour hybrid shaft off Timah once and sticking it in a Tour Issue TM FCT hybrid, went like a rocket!
Just didn't for the gapping with my set at my old club so I sold it, pity......

BayBum
3rd December 2016, 09:50 AM
My first hybrid was a TM rescue mid with a R300. Never found anything like it since.

NB: I play S flex iron shafts.

#NoIdea

Ashes
3rd December 2016, 10:35 AM
Tourfit was big on the hybrid with a steel shaft. He made me a steel shafted hybrid but I never got along with it. In hindsight, 19.5* probably didn't give me enough margin for deloft.

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2016, 12:06 PM
He made me a steel shafted hybrid but I never got along with it. In hindsight, 19.5* probably didn't give me enough margin for deloft.

In all honesty, do you have any clubs that you get along with ?

Ashes
3rd December 2016, 01:10 PM
In all honesty, do you have any clubs that you get along with ? Yeah, I like my XCG 3 wood off the tee; Baffler 3 wood off the deck; Admas 23* hybrid. Get along ok with both sets of irons.These things are relative.

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2016, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I like my XCG 3 wood off the tee; Baffler 3 wood off the deck; Admas 23* hybrid. Get along ok with both sets of irons.These things are relative.

You do hit those 3w well. Not many people carry two.

rubin
4th December 2016, 01:09 AM
As JC said, Tourfat was big on this.

Have a 2i KBS Tour x in my idea pro and works a treat. You lose distance, but gain in accuracy.

TheNuclearOne
4th December 2016, 01:35 AM
The i95 is hardly your common iron shaft.

sfdoddsy
4th December 2016, 06:50 AM
Yes, I wouldn't stick steel shafts in.

TheNuclearOne
4th December 2016, 09:58 AM
Yes, I wouldn't stick steel shafts in.

Me either tho some do. Let me know how the Steelheads go sf. Looking forward to seeing what the pro version looks like.