PDA

View Full Version : The Ashes 2006/7

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bruce
6th June 2006, 02:48 PM
Well we've had the ticketing debacle which was all over the news. Has there ever been a major ticket sales event where ticketmaster (or whoever) don't have a total meltdown?

Overnight the Poms had a bit of a hiccup when Sri Lanka managed to win the third test for 1-1 series draw. The fact that Murali was the destroyer with about 25 wickets in 3 tests aside - it doesn't look too good for the Poms right now. They have the Pakis next who beat them at home just a couple of months ago.

Was 2005 just a flash in the pan? They had no injuries back then and only played 12 blokes for the whole series. They may not have the depth to match us if they get a couple of niggles prior to October.

Jarro
6th June 2006, 02:51 PM
We'll smash them over here.

Our boys will be fired up beyond belief.

AndyP
6th June 2006, 03:11 PM
Who needs to worry about buying tickets when you get in for free with a mate?

Fishman Dan
6th June 2006, 03:22 PM
The ticketing was a joke, but i didn't get too upset over it. All days will be on free to air regardless.

I think the Poms find something else when they play us, but they aren't looking too strong right now. I think Vaughan out of the team and Flintoff as captain highlights a gap to fill.

Should be a raft of Aussie retirements early 2007.

Jarro
6th June 2006, 03:25 PM
only problem i can see will be our limited match practice before the series starts :???:

hardly a great warmup to an Ashes series :-s

terryand
6th June 2006, 03:33 PM
only problem i can see will be our limited match practice before the series starts :???:

hardly a great warmup to an Ashes series :-s

I think that is probably a good thing. Instead of some sub par team on a sub par pitch, they can play a couple of domestic games against each other on the wickets they will be playing on during the summer.

Terry.

Moe Norman
6th June 2006, 03:36 PM
I got ten 5 day passes for the Gabba Test and also got tickets to Day 1 & 2 of Boxing Day test.

If you were prepared in advance the ticketing wasn't too bad.

What I don't get is why they released the tickets for EVERY Test on the same day, surely they could have staggered them out a bit....

Jarro
6th June 2006, 03:38 PM
maybe it was some kind of plan to prevent the Barmy Army snapping them all up ???

BrisWesty
6th June 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm waiting to hear from mates (not Moe - not saying that Moe isn't a mate) if they were able to pick me up some tickets. They said they would and I'd reimburse them.

AndyP
6th June 2006, 05:22 PM
What I don't get is why they released the tickets for EVERY Test on the same day, surely they could have staggered them out a bit....
And they released the one-day tickets on the same day. Pretty stupid.

PRC
6th June 2006, 07:49 PM
If the Poms were injury free I'd back them - but Jones is going under the knife, Flintoff has ankle problems and Harmison is just getting back from injury. James Anderson has stress fractures. Still 6 months to go but right now the Aussies are in front.
Disregarding injuries I think the Poms have the better captain and coach/manager. Their fast bowlers are better than ours. The batting is pretty even with Ponting the standout of the 2 sides. The only area we have a clear advantage is the spin attack.

Moe Norman
6th June 2006, 08:02 PM
Disregarding injuries I think the Poms have the better captain and coach/manager. Their fast bowlers are better than ours. The batting is pretty even with Ponting the standout of the 2 sides. The only area we have a clear advantage is the spin attack.
Based on what?
I'll give you the captain argument, not sure about the coach.
Fast bowling - MacGrath is the best fast bowler hands down. I don't rate Lee and I'm not sure on the status of Dizzy but at his best he is better than any of the Poms as well. For the sake of the argument I'll rate Freddy at 2, Jones at 3 and bracket Harmi with Dizzy and Kasper.
Spinner - No Contest
Wicket Keeper - No Contest
Batsmen - Ponting is in a class of his own. Langer and Hayden are also as good as anyone on the Poms side of the fence. Strauss and Vaughan are the only two World Class bats in the pommy lineup. Not to mention that on current form, Hussey ****s on any of the poms as well. So we have the best 4 batsman and depending opn who they pick at 4 and 6 we could have 6 of the best 8.
All Rounder - No contest

We are far superior and will belt them this time around.

goughy
6th June 2006, 09:52 PM
And don't forget. While the poms beat us last time, they only just beat us. And that was with them playing pretty good and us pretty ordinary. One ball given not out off of caspers shoulder/elbow (whatever) instead of incorreclty out off his glove and we've won the ashes, not the poms. One mistaken (I have no probs with it, mistakes happen) descision and the ashes were theirs.

Anyway, don't forget that we beat everyone hands down in the field. That's worth a few wickets per test as well.

3oneday
6th June 2006, 10:35 PM
Wicket Keeper - No Contest :confused:

One who catches or one who bats ??? and yes, I did watch the last tour...

AndyP
6th June 2006, 10:37 PM
One who catches or one who bats ??? and yes, I did watch the last tour...
If they are still using Geraint Jones, then he does neither.

Moe Norman
6th June 2006, 10:38 PM
they were both terrible last Ashes, but Gilly is still the best in the world with Sangakarra closing fast

dc68
7th June 2006, 07:32 AM
Given thier form lately the Poms are gaaaaaaawwwwwwwn.

PRC
7th June 2006, 07:51 PM
I think McGrath is finished. He was putting them on the spot and nothing more last summer. Probably the best pace bowler since Malcolm Marshall, but all the same it ends for everyone at some stage. Jason Gillespie is currently averaging over 50 with the ball in county cricket and Kasper is known as "the friendly paceman" for more than the obvious reason.
Ageing batsmen have their career's ended by pace - Flintoff, Harmison and Jones are quick. Gilchrist, Langer, Martyn and Hayden are old.
I'm surprised by the short memories. If Flintoff, Harmison and Jones are 100% come Ashes time we're in trouble.

PRC
9th June 2006, 01:48 PM
Simon Jones has been ruled out of the Ashes. Australia are definite favourites now and Gilchrist, Martyn, Langer and Hayden can sleep a bit more peacefully.

Bruce
9th June 2006, 02:14 PM
England 2005 had as good a 4 man pace attack as has been seen in a decade. If Jones doesn't come out (he probably still has nightmares about day 1 at the 'Gabba) then that does leave a significant hole in their side.

Bruce
18th July 2006, 02:50 PM
Another crack appeared last night.

The Poms failed to win against the Pakis at Lords, despite posting 571 in the first innings. Flintoff is out injured and Harmison did nothing. Bell made a ton which is more than he's made in his career against the Aussies.

I can sense a bit of blood in the water right now.

Jarro
18th July 2006, 03:08 PM
can't wait Bruce ... i hope we smash the Pommie pricks :twisted:

AndyP
18th July 2006, 03:11 PM
Who's going to see any of the tests?
I'll be seeing at least one day at the Gabba.

Fishman Dan
18th July 2006, 03:14 PM
After the shamozzle of the ticketing, we didn't even put up our hands. If anything i reckon the Barmy Army will be stronger this year. Absolute joke.

What i found intriguing is that after the initial ticket-run had ended (30 minutes after it began), another 200000 tickets were released a month later. What happened here?! Did they misplace a bucketfull of tickets and find them behind the couch??!!

Moe Norman
18th July 2006, 03:52 PM
my 50 tickets arrived today

thats right baby - I bought TEN 5 Day Passes and this year instead of issuing an actual 5 day pass, they provided 10 individual tickets for each day.

I don't reckon I'll buy one beer any of those 5 days :D

Jarro
18th July 2006, 04:09 PM
what days are we going Moe ??

;)

dc68
18th July 2006, 04:22 PM
Who's going to see any of the tests?
I'll be seeing at least one day at the Gabba.

Got tickets for the Thu and Fri at the Gabba.....wooooooooo:mrgreen:

Moe Norman
18th July 2006, 04:41 PM
jarro - we have one 5 day pass reserved for a beer wench.

We're not picky, as long as you can carry 9 beers we don't mind how bad you look in a thong.

would you like the gig?

Jarro
18th July 2006, 04:50 PM
sending my thong to the dry-cleaners as we speak ;)

Grunt
18th July 2006, 05:17 PM
Is that the one you said you lost in the Chat room?

Jarro
19th July 2006, 05:07 AM
:-$

3oneday
19th July 2006, 06:24 AM
I don't reckon I'll buy one beer any of those 5 days :Ddo you get a refund for the last 2 days...

The way their team is going, anyone buying tickets for days four and five is on a no win ticket to stay home....

Jarro
19th July 2006, 06:27 AM
weren't they saying that before the last ashes series as well :roll:

Moe Norman
19th July 2006, 07:01 AM
3oneday - if less than two hours play you get a refund.

win or lose, i highly doubt it will reach the 5th day on a Gabba wicket.

3oneday
19th July 2006, 07:30 AM
weren't they saying that before the last ashes series as well :roll:yes, but England had a team then ;)

Jarro
15th August 2006, 10:27 AM
100 days and counting 8)

3oneday
15th August 2006, 11:28 AM
100 days and counting 8)8 drivers and counting ????

;)

may be a touch light....

dc68
15th August 2006, 11:33 AM
:smt038 \\:D/ :smt030 WOOHOO going to 1st and 2nd days not looking forward to day 2:smt095:smt078

Jarro
13th September 2006, 04:49 PM
I see Freddie's been named as captain of the side.

Wonder if the extra pressure will affect his performance as a player ?

Jarro
22nd November 2006, 01:41 PM
all starts tomorrow 8)

Wonder if our guys learned any important lessons from last years defeat ? Hopefully Punter wins the toss and sends them in on a real green-top .... i'd love to see them 5 for at lunch :)

Johnson or Clarke ???

Bruce
22nd November 2006, 01:51 PM
all starts tomorrow 8)

Wonder if our guys learned any important lessons from last years defeat ? Hopefully Punter wins the toss and sends them in on a real green-top .... i'd love to see them 5 for at lunch :)

Johnson or Clarke ???

After the debacle of 2002, there is no way in hell anyone who wins the toss will field first at the 'Gabba.

Jarro
22nd November 2006, 01:54 PM
I was hoping they might have thrown Tait in for the first test :(

McCoy
22nd November 2006, 04:54 PM
Same here.
I hope Johnson plays and not Clark. We need a good lefty.
Everyone seems to be tipping a Pom flogging, I still think our batting is dodgy and it might be closer than people expect. The Poms are a quick bowler short though.

Grunt
23rd November 2006, 10:08 AM
Eventful 1st over, Atmosphere @ the Gabba looks awesome. :p

Grunt
23rd November 2006, 10:22 AM
Langer is on a 4 a-thon. 20 off 13 balls. :)
England already have taken Harmison out of the attack after just 2 overs.

Bruce
23rd November 2006, 10:51 AM
A run a minute with the first 50 up already.

Good start by the Aussies and some crap bowling by the Poms. Conditions are not helping Hoggard like they did back home for him. Will they step up to the work rate required when the ball isn't swinging around.

Virgal_Tracy
23rd November 2006, 11:30 AM
After watching the NSW vs WA match last night, I am now firmly in against any moves to replace Langer with Jacques. Jacques is a great batsman but a little inconsistent.

Thats not my problem it is with his fielding. He was standing at 1st slip to both Hauritz (you qld'ers remember him don't you) and Krezca. 2 balls went between him and Haddin. Even during practice he was taking everything behind him. doesn't react well.

Not much of an outfielder either. Aus would really struggle trying to hide him in the field. He must defintely improve his fielding.

without sounding like a biased NSWelshman Aus have a ready made replacement for Gilly in Haddin. 115 off 102 balls and is more than solid behind the stumps. Bracken got carted especially by Sean Marsh who looks a likely prospect.

Jarro
23rd November 2006, 11:32 AM
Hayden gone for 21.

Did he bat alright ? i just turned the TV on now. Looks like langer means business though 8)

Grunt
23rd November 2006, 11:46 AM
Hayden was really in Langers shadow all morning. That said he did not look as confident that he normally is. I reckon he is in more danger from Jaques than Langer is.

Bruce
23rd November 2006, 01:41 PM
Rattling along. 2/169 at drinks in the second session.
On target for another 350+ first day at the 'Gabba.

Jarro
23rd November 2006, 01:43 PM
pretty warm out there too.

I see the Poms have only got through 38 overs so far today, they better get a move along this arvo.

Bruce
23rd November 2006, 01:47 PM
Watch Giles send down 15 overs of leg stump darts to try and close out the day.

Jarro
23rd November 2006, 01:52 PM
I really thought they would've picked Monty over Giles :confused:

Maybe they figure they're gonna need Giles to make a few runs ;)

Fishman Dan
23rd November 2006, 02:19 PM
Soft dismissal for Martyn.

Is it time for the future yet.... ?

Jarro
23rd November 2006, 02:27 PM
Is it time for the future yet.... ?

not yet Fishy, he'll be back after his hammy gets better.

Bruce
23rd November 2006, 02:39 PM
Come on Punter! Ton up!

First session: 1/109
Second: 2/108

3/217 at Tea and they still have 38 overs to bowl. Could be 400 today.

Jarro
23rd November 2006, 03:52 PM
nice ton to Ponting, he's really looking in great touch.

now to get to 400 for the day :)

Bruce
23rd November 2006, 03:56 PM
The Poms won't bowl enough overs for us to get to 400 unless we really start to run amok. 3 tons on the trot at the Gabba for Punter. He has set the tone for every series from the first.

Jarro
23rd November 2006, 04:44 PM
50 to Hussey.

Fishman Dan
23rd November 2006, 05:29 PM
Hussey's innings has been great. You'd barely know he's there, and he's accidently made 60+

AndyP
23rd November 2006, 06:18 PM
I saw/heard no more than 5 minutes of the cricket today. Stoopid training!!!

That first ball by Harmison is a beauty. Great way to signal your intentions for the series.

Moe Norman
23rd November 2006, 07:45 PM
i'm burnt like a lobster but will be back for the next 4 days if it lasts that long.

good day had by all :D

Jarro
24th November 2006, 08:32 AM
just realised that Ponting only needs around another 70 runs to make the magic 9000 mark :shock:

He might very well turn out to be our best Test batsman ever.

Grunt
24th November 2006, 09:03 AM
Big Call Jarro about Ponting becoming hte best test batsman ever but have to agree he is right up there.
Did anyone else notice he now has equalled Steve Waughs total of 32 test hundreds in about 40 less test matches?

3oneday
24th November 2006, 09:16 AM
Yes, where is FISHIhateeverythingaboutPontingGUTS at the moment ????

Jarro
24th November 2006, 09:29 AM
Grant, i believe he's been our best batsman since Bradman

Grunt
24th November 2006, 09:34 AM
Grant, i believe he's been our best batsman since Bradman

I'd have to agree with you there Jarro, I remember all those years ago upon his debut all the calls about how great a player and cricket thinker he was at such a young age. Then he got in that run of incidents that got him into trouble outside the game. He has now proven those people correct in their assesment of his ability.

It is all pretty similar to another young player in the team now that alot of you out there don't think should be there.

Jarro
24th November 2006, 09:36 AM
well, Clarke will get his chance .... for now.

Once Watson gets his hammy right, he'll be back in the side ... the selectors have shown their hand.

Grunt
24th November 2006, 09:41 AM
I just hope Clarke gets a better chance or he may end up a Jamie Siddons and become one of the best cricketers to have hardly played test match cricket.

3oneday
24th November 2006, 09:45 AM
Clarke will get his turn, there are a few aging guys there and I reckon Marto is close to pulling the pin anyway.

Jarro
24th November 2006, 09:50 AM
i think either Hayden or Langer are closer to going at the moment. Then Marto, Gilly, Pidgeon, Warne.

Christ, the whole lot could go in the next 2 years :shock:

Grunt
24th November 2006, 09:51 AM
Have also heard reports that Clarke is the next Captain for the side. I really think he just has to go back and play his natural game and forget about having to think that he has to prove himself to the selectors again.

I reckon this innings coming up will be a really important one for his immediate career.

Grunt
24th November 2006, 09:53 AM
i think either Hayden or Langer are closer to going at the moment. Then Marto, Gilly, Pidgeon, Warne.

Christ, the whole lot could go in the next 2 years :shock:

Like I said yesterday I reckon Hayden will be the first to go out of the current line up of older stars. We could even have both opening batsmen finishing their careers at the end of this series.
That said if they both end their careers in this series we are in the middle of getting a right royal hiding by the poms too.

Grunt
24th November 2006, 04:42 PM
Mcgrath has struck early and struck hard. On a hattrick, England now 2/28

Grunt
24th November 2006, 04:43 PM
Lee has gone off after a clash with Hussey in the feild. He looked ok as he jogged off with ripped and bloddied pants.

damoocow
24th November 2006, 10:08 PM
Lee has gone off after a clash with Hussey in the feild. He looked ok as he jogged off with ripped and bloddied pants.

I heard that menstruation came on earlier than [s]he expected......keep a look out for the rain to possibly save Australia in this test....and gee didn't Hayden do well !

damoocow

3oneday
25th November 2006, 04:03 AM
I heard that menstruation came on earlier than [s]he expected......keep a look out for the rain to possibly save Australia in this test....and gee didn't Hayden do well !now that's almost macca quality that one !! You guys swapping drugs ???

:lol:

Jarro
25th November 2006, 05:26 AM
don't worry about Damo, deep down inside there is a very passionate Aussie who loves all of our great sporting sides :roll:

So .. are the Poms on the rack already ? or will the South African import save them with a big ton today ? Was good to see McGrath bowl well yesterday .... but i'm more looking forward to seeing what magic Warne can produce on a cracked up gabba pitch :mrgreen:

Fishman Dan
25th November 2006, 12:53 PM
Lee, look at him go. He can bat and bowl - and crucially knocking over Flintoff.

The Clarke's did a great job too. A bit dirty of how Ponting walked off. It's fair to be disappointed with being dismissed, but from what i saw he never raised his bat to acknowledge the crowd - just walked off like a cranky little pr!ck!

Jarro
25th November 2006, 03:44 PM
Fishy, there's nothing you can say that will detract from punters knock.

It was absolutely awesome the way he carved the pommie pie-chuckers up

Fishman Dan
25th November 2006, 03:52 PM
I said i'm a little dirty on him Jarro, not emotionally traumatised. It was a top knock.

Back in your box now..

terryand
25th November 2006, 03:54 PM
Come on Fishy. although I guess you wouldn't be dirty if you where 4 short of a double :-s

Terry.

Jarro
25th November 2006, 04:00 PM
Fishy,

.. i just couldn't help but notice how you rapped all the NSW boys, yet didn't give Punter any credit for a knock that probably will win us the test match.

Take the eyepatch off son.

Fishman Dan
25th November 2006, 04:42 PM
You're quick.

PS - Hayden's Run Out was a disgrace. Droppable offence! Bring on Jacques!

:p

[I hope i can catch 2 in 10 minutes tomorrow arvo!!]

Grunt
25th November 2006, 05:13 PM
How about the Aussies not enforcing the follow-on? What is happening there? Is it so the game will go for at least 4 days in full, maybe 5.

Jarro
25th November 2006, 05:14 PM
I think it was to give our bowlers a rest between innings.

Saying that, I think we could've made them follow on and probably clean them up before the end of play tomorrow.

England have been really disappointing so far this test.

Fishman Dan
25th November 2006, 05:29 PM
Got to think of the fans. It's over tomorrow arvo if they bat again. That's 2 days of re-runs of "Hey Hey It's Saturday's Funnuiest Red Faces" :shock:

AndyP
25th November 2006, 05:56 PM
I'm home already, as the last session didn't have much going for it. I think the Poms should have been sent in again. The bowlers hadn't been overworked, and Warne should have been used a little more to ensure they were rested.

Great bowling by McGrath, and although Lee's figures don't look great, he bowled well, and got the crucial breakthrough.

3oneday
25th November 2006, 06:02 PM
Adelaide test is pretty close and it's a 5 test series. Make the Pommy bstrds run around for a few more hours, rather than knock up than us ;)

damoocow
25th November 2006, 06:34 PM
How about the Aussies not enforcing the follow-on? What is happening there? Is it so the game will go for at least 4 days in full, maybe 5.
Ridiculous yes..but that is the way Poncing works...I wouldn't discount the possibility that the ACB had some influence in that decision...after all they are looking at losing a motza on this series through early finishes and are probably trying to minimize the losses in this one

damoocow

Jarro
25th November 2006, 06:36 PM
Moocow,

.. are you sure you're not a Kiwi ??

;)

AndyP
25th November 2006, 07:30 PM
Record total crowd for a test at the Gabba in only 3 days. New record is 117, 000 or more, plus whatever turns up in the next two days. Old record was 93,000 from the 1930s.

Do you reckon there was a bit of hype about this series?

Grunt
26th November 2006, 02:42 PM
Would the game ending in a draw be a ggreat blight on Ricky Ponting's career as a test match captain? Hopefully Tony Greig was wrong with the predictions of rain tomorrow.

Moe Norman
26th November 2006, 07:31 PM
absolutely not.

not enforcing the follow on was spot on. We struggled to get them out with a fresh attack after batting for a couple of sessions.

goughy
26th November 2006, 07:57 PM
Ponting seemed to be on the money to me.

jimandr
26th November 2006, 08:27 PM
Nobody else has mentioned this, so I'll ask those watching on TV tomorrow to give it a try to see if it was a one-off, or if indeed it was a quirk of watching channel nine through the Foxtel cable.

I watched for a while today with the sound turned off, and ABC radio commentary going, because I was switching back and forth with the Golf.

THE CHANNEL NINE COVERAGE WAS AT LEAST FIVE SECONDS BEHIND THE RADIO COMMENTARY.

Not just half a second or so, but a full five seconds or more. It was really bizarre to hear what had happened before you saw the ball bowled.

Did they have it on delay to censor out rude words from the players (or off-mike gaffes from Ian Chappell and Tony Greig)?

Did others have the same delay on their broadcast?

I also feel the need to mention the three commentator line-up Nine are doing. The third voice seems to add nothing, and struggles to get a word in.

terryand
26th November 2006, 08:35 PM
Jim if it was a digital signal it will be a bit delayed.

I have found it happening when the HD tuner in the computer is on the same time as the analogue TV.

Terry.

goughy
26th November 2006, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqn043XhQ8

A bit of a reminder from the past. Starting with a 'hello world, here I am delivery'. I think it's they batsmen reaction when they get out to something special from warnie. Has there ever been another bowler to get that reaction as much?

damoocow
26th November 2006, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqn043XhQ8

A bit of a reminder from the past. Starting with a 'hello world, here I am delivery'. I think it's they batsmen reaction when they get out to something special from warnie. Has there ever been another bowler to get that reaction as much?

Cannot recall another bowler in cricket history to get as many benefit of the doubt calls from umpires as he does.....some of his lbw's are downright wrong...and was any action taken regarding his deliberate throwing of the ball at Pietersen??.....Warne is a convicted match fixer and performance drug taker... he shouldn't be playing at all.......

damoocow

damoocow

goughy
26th November 2006, 09:22 PM
Sounds like penis envy to me!!

damoocow
26th November 2006, 09:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he was a bit envious...........

damoocow

goughy
26th November 2006, 10:10 PM
:smt038:smt023

Jarro
27th November 2006, 12:45 AM
the only thing wrong with Warnie throwing the ball at Pieterson was that he never hit the prick fair between the eyes with it.

Grunt
27th November 2006, 06:13 AM
Just saw Langer on TV, what he said was gold. In reference to the criticism of his batting record and the fact that he now is the 5th ranked Australian batsman in Test Cricket. He said that he wished he was Gilly as he never gets bagged for his batting.

Moe Norman
27th November 2006, 07:11 AM
Nobody else has mentioned this, so I'll ask those watching on TV tomorrow to give it a try to see if it was a one-off, or if indeed it was a quirk of watching channel nine through the Foxtel cable.

I watched for a while today with the sound turned off, and ABC radio commentary going, because I was switching back and forth with the Golf.

THE CHANNEL NINE COVERAGE WAS AT LEAST FIVE SECONDS BEHIND THE RADIO COMMENTARY. We have Foxtel in the living room and normal TV in the bedroom, the Foxtel is always a few seconds behind on FTA channels.

Grunt
27th November 2006, 07:50 AM
Digital is delayed by 5 sec, foxtel recieves the feed from all the channels, 2 & 9 are digital the rest are the normal feed, on cable but on sat it only receives 2 & 9, they are in dispute with the channels.

dc68
27th November 2006, 10:24 AM
Pietersen Goooooooooooooooooooorne first over.

Jarro
27th November 2006, 11:04 AM
damn, i get home from work all keen to watch the cricket and the poms are almost all out :shock:

Grunt
27th November 2006, 12:26 PM
I get home and Days of Our lives is on.

Jarro
27th November 2006, 12:49 PM
Poms get smacked by 277 runs in the first Test.

Can they come back from here ?

PeteyD
27th November 2006, 12:53 PM
Not unless Harmison starts to bowl well and they find another bowler. Can't win unless they can get the Aussies out.

Grunt
27th November 2006, 01:00 PM
Rule change might help them. They only have to get the top 5 aussies out. Not 5 wickets nessecarily but the entire top 5 must get out. That should make things interesting.

Jarro
27th November 2006, 02:40 PM
Monty Panasar has to come into the side for the Adelaide Test.

Not sure what bowler they'll drop though??

PeteyD
27th November 2006, 02:42 PM
They recon Vaughan will be ready for Boxing Day as well. Bit of strength might make it interesting. Still no good if you can;t get the aussies out though. Pathetic how the tail wagged from an English point of view.

Grunt
27th November 2006, 04:18 PM
I reckon that they will definitely drop a pace bowler. Anderson would be in trouble I think.

Fishman Dan
27th November 2006, 05:19 PM
Can they come back from here ?

No.

Jarro
27th November 2006, 05:33 PM
No.

you're sure ?

Moe Norman
27th November 2006, 07:28 PM
yes.

Fishman Dan
27th November 2006, 09:25 PM
Does Pammy have big hooters?

Jarro
28th November 2006, 08:00 AM
seems that Watson's hammy isn't right yet so he's out for the Adelaide test.

Would that mean that MacGills chances of playing are pretty slim ? I can't see them dropping Clarke given he's been bowling well.

Perhaps the same side that won in Brissy will take the field for the second test.

Fishman Dan
28th November 2006, 08:20 AM
Yes.

Jarro
28th November 2006, 02:03 PM
Wonder boy gets another chance :roll:

3oneday
28th November 2006, 02:11 PM
Wonder boy gets another chance :roll:who ?? Langer ???

;)

Jarro
28th November 2006, 02:15 PM
idjut :roll:

Fishy's boyfriend ..... the one who's picture is on the back of his dunny-door ;)

Jarro
30th November 2006, 08:22 AM
strong rumour going around is that Pidgeon won't play in the Adelaide Test :(

As much as i'd love to see tait back in action against the Poms, i think i'd still prefer McGrath there.

3oneday
30th November 2006, 09:40 AM
As much as i'd love to see tait back in action against the Poms, i think i'd still prefer McGrath there.Let Clark open and stick Johnson in. Tait is a worry in my opinion.

Jarro
30th November 2006, 10:45 AM
I'm sure they'd gun for Tait before Johnson on his home track

Fishman Dan
30th November 2006, 03:02 PM
Surely Nicholson will get a run before either 2 of those non-NSW players? Get some REAL talent in there!

Grunt
30th November 2006, 06:21 PM
I am with you there Dan, How about Bracken as well?

Moe Norman
30th November 2006, 07:00 PM
Nicholson is a sandgroper in disguise though, just like Katich.

Jarro
1st December 2006, 05:36 AM
I reckon they should drop "wonderboy" and throw Symonds in as their all-rounder

Jarro
1st December 2006, 10:01 AM
word from Adelaide is that the Poms have kept the same team from the first test.

Would've thought bringing in Panasar was a no-brainer :-s pitch is looking pretty dry and flaky already:-o

Jarro
1st December 2006, 10:02 AM
McGrath is playing also ;)

Grunt
1st December 2006, 10:02 AM
Poms won the Toss and are batting.

dc68
1st December 2006, 10:07 AM
bugger would better to be batting

Jarro
1st December 2006, 10:09 AM
Yep.

I think Ponting REALLY wanted to win this toss.

Still, Poms have to make some runs to ensure they don't lose it outright ... should be a good match 8)

Moe Norman
1st December 2006, 10:11 AM
the poms surely didn't retain the same XI

Jarro
1st December 2006, 10:14 AM
yeah Moe they did :roll:

Fishman Dan
1st December 2006, 11:36 AM
A boring hour only salvaged by a wicket. They've got a great batting wicket and they've put no pressure on the bowling. They're sitting ducks.

AndyP
1st December 2006, 12:02 PM
I think Clark is starting to convert me to his fan club. 2 down.

Jarro
1st December 2006, 12:16 PM
Clark is the new McGrath.

Johnson and tait alongside him would be a pretty awesome bowling attack.

All we need is another quality leggie to round out the side.

Bruce
1st December 2006, 12:28 PM
Warney is getting turn and bounce before lunch on day 1. Both sides need a kick in the arse for their selections.

With McGrath less than the 80% he was last week - I could see a case of replacing him with MacGill and opening with Lee and Clark.

Fishman Dan
1st December 2006, 01:22 PM
MacGill has been in trouble with officials at club level, and face it - he's not in Ponting's Xmas card list.

If he was we might be defending the Ashes, not trying to regain them.

3oneday
1st December 2006, 01:44 PM
Clarke will get a hatful ;)

Jarro
2nd December 2006, 08:16 AM
Did anyone else notice how lifeless the Adelaide wicket looked ? Seemed like a 3 day old wicket on the first day.

Word has it that the WACCA wicket has also lost it's pace and bounce.

Seems that the wickets are being taylored to suit the batsman more often than not, which to me makes for a pretty boring type of game .... i wanna see deliveries wizzing around and moving off the wicket !! The 'Gabba didn't even offer that much to the bowlers really.

Anyone else feel the same way ?

Moe Norman
2nd December 2006, 09:29 AM
punter makes a meal of cpataincy again.

Clark was the most potent looking bowler and got 15 overs while Lee and MacGrath both bowled pies for 20 overs and even Clarke got nearly as many as his namesake :(

Jarro
2nd December 2006, 09:59 AM
Does McGrath actually get told what to do within the framework of the team ?? or does he do what he bloody well wants ?

If he was not 100% fit he should've been MADE to sit out this Test.

As much as i hate him, i think MacGill would've been better value than him in this match. He probably would've been better than Lee as well ;)

AndyP
2nd December 2006, 10:03 AM
How can you criticize McGrath for allegedly doing what he wants, then want MacGill in the team? He is very much the "mememe" player.

Jarro
2nd December 2006, 10:07 AM
Two reasons AndyP :

1/ the wicket looked flat as a tack days ago, we should've had two recognised spinners in the side

2/ McGrath is obviously not 100% fit.

As i said, i hate MacGill, but i also want to rub the Poms nose into the ground by winning every Test match in this series.

BrisWesty
2nd December 2006, 10:15 AM
I reckon both McGrath and Warne have incredible self belief, up there with the likes of Beefy Botham. They reckon they will get a wicket, if not every ball then every over. "Come on Punter, one more over, I can get them."

Their arm could just about be coming off and they'd be carrying on like the Black Knight on the Holy Grail, going "it's only a flesh wound". Fine, I'll bowl out the Poms left handed then. - OK a little bit of exaggeration there!

Unfortunately I think that means they'll play on occasion when they shouldn't. In McGrath's case, this appears to be one of those times. It's also a case of don't give your rivals a chance to take your place.

Moe Norman
2nd December 2006, 11:38 AM
How can you criticize McGrath for allegedly doing what he wants, then want MacGill in the team? He is very much the "mememe" player. Magill is very much a selfish player in the fact that he wants wickets. MacGrath on the other hand is being selfish by playing when he isn't fit when we have perfectly good replacements.

He just bowled 2 over straight without topping 125km/h. PAce isn't his weapon, but Gilly will be up to the stumps soon.

Jarro
2nd December 2006, 01:12 PM
I don't think i've ever seen a flatter wicket !!

There is absolutely nothing in it at all

terryand
2nd December 2006, 02:45 PM
Riveting cricket this, isn't it :-s

Terry.

Fishman Dan
2nd December 2006, 02:46 PM
The pitch is slow, Roebuck on the ABC was saying that yesterday. Awful negative tactics from England, it's as if they don't want to throw their wickets away and not push for runs either.

Terrible captaincy though. Ponting just doesn't have the nous to find the wickets that Waugh, Taylor and Border could manufacture.

England to bat once and win? They'd need 550 with 30 minutes for us to bat at the end of the day.

AndyP
2nd December 2006, 05:30 PM
England to bat once and win? They'd need 550 with 30 minutes for us to bat at the end of the day. Oh wise one, what is your prediction for tomorrow's play?

It's looking like a draw or an England win. Anyone get 8 to 1 on the Poms?

edit: Isn't it about time the dropped the brown nosed garden gnome?

Moe Norman
2nd December 2006, 05:37 PM
punter to score 250

Jarro
2nd December 2006, 05:43 PM
great effort from Flintoff.

If Australia had him as our all-rounder we'd be unbeatable.

Ponting and Hayden are gonna have to bat for most of tomorrow for us to force a draw in my opinion.

goughy
2nd December 2006, 05:48 PM
How far behind our 2 day total are they still. And we were bowling at england in the last session of the second day. I think they have taken too long to score their runs. They've wasted too much of the match to say they have a real shot at an outright. Myself I'd call it a draw. Mostly cause there isn't enough match left.

Even if the aussies are made to bat twice, if they bat for a total of 2 days (even if in 2 innings) they're gonna be at least a hundred more than the english have scored so far. They should just call it and head on over to perth.

terryand
2nd December 2006, 06:10 PM
Whether it can happen or not, but I would love to see the Aussies bat until tea on the 5th day then whack em in for a all out assault for the last session.

Terry.

Moe Norman
2nd December 2006, 06:20 PM
great effort from Flintoff.

If Australia had him as our all-rounder we'd be unbeatable. gimme a break, he'd be lucky to bat at 8 in our side. Very good bowler though.

Bruce
2nd December 2006, 06:53 PM
Is 550 enough? We'll see. It took 170 overs to get them.

I am renewing my calls for the head of Brett Lee. He's gone for twice as many runs as Clark in the same number of overs.

Freddie is twice the player Watson is and if he hadn't got injured would have been batting at 6.

Jarro
2nd December 2006, 06:57 PM
Bruce, at least Lee got a wicket ... McGrath didn't.

goughy
2nd December 2006, 07:17 PM
But I've often seen that from mcgrath. Other bowlers prosper in the wicket department while he holds them down. How many times have we seen him in one dayers going for 2 or even less an over without getting a wicket. Sometimes it's like they're scared to go after him.

I still think Lee could learn a lot from him.

Grunt
2nd December 2006, 07:46 PM
I really think McGrath should never have been picked to play, I bet they were gambling on the fact they would bat first and give him am extra 2 days to recover and now his injury is in fact 2 days worse.

Moe Norman
2nd December 2006, 08:29 PM
Freddie is twice the player Watson is and if he hadn't got injured would have been batting at 6. He's twice the bowler, Watson is a far better batsman.

Freddy averages 30 which is, well average. Pun intended.

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2006, 09:35 AM
Watson isn't a Freddy Flintoff's ar$ehole

[Thanks Sheeds!]

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2006, 09:38 AM
Is 550 enough? We'll see. It took 170 overs to get them.

I am renewing my calls for the head of Brett Lee. He's gone for twice as many runs as Clark in the same number of overs.

Freddie is twice the player Watson is and if he hadn't got injured would have been batting at 6.

I respected you up until now Bruce, but how can a pace bowler bowl in any condition without a slip? He went for 5 or 6 edges through the cordon.

He pushed and prodded and had little or no luck on a flat deck. Those calling for McGrath's head are kidding themselves too. Australian cricket has had it too good for too long if an opposition scores 400+ and we call for 1/2 the team to be axed.

Everyone should take a deep breath and enjoy what remains of a boring draw, and wait for the Perth test.

3oneday
3rd December 2006, 09:54 AM
Everyone should take a deep breath and enjoy what remains of a boring draw, and wait for the Perth test.the pitch was lifeless from the first over. Whoever batted first would have achieved the same result, although Australia may have got them faster ;)

I think Watson is lucky he was unfit ;)

Bruce
3rd December 2006, 10:04 AM
If you don't understand cricket then I can live without your respect.

Don't confuse a squirt behind point with a genuine catchable edge. He had all the slips he deserved, ie. none. Might be time to update the Brett Lee Hall of Shame file - and it's getting pretty large now. How can you play 55 test matches without understanding that half volleys and long hops are not what is required.

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2006, 10:08 AM
If you don't understand cricket then I can live without your respect.

Don't confuse a squirt behind point with a genuine catchable edge. He had all the slips he deserved, ie. none. Might be time to update the Brett Lee Hall of Shame file - and it's getting pretty large now. How can you play 55 test matches without understanding that half volleys and long hops are not what is required.

Maybe i should have said something like 'genuine edge through slip', or 'clean as a whistle'. Would that convince you that i know (nearly) as much as you?

If Ponting wants to set pyjama party fields and give 6 singles per over away, don't get upset when any of the pace bowlers can't get wickets. Lee made more of them hop around than anyone else playing, regardless of the population of the 'W' column.

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2006, 10:21 AM
.....besides he'll make more runs that Watson ever will ;)

Grunt
3rd December 2006, 10:50 AM
Hayden Gone!! 2/35

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2006, 11:00 AM
That's it, drop him!

Jarro
3rd December 2006, 01:38 PM
How the hell can the Poms get bounce/seam/swing/movement off this flat deck when our bowlers couldn't ?

You're right Fishy ... it'll be a draw.

That's the only point i'll agree on with you though.

AndyP
3rd December 2006, 04:41 PM
That Ponting can bat alright, crap captain, but a run scoring machine.

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2006, 07:32 PM
Watch what you say AP, people might get upset.

Hoggard bowled superbly. Gilly and Clarke just need to get to 352 and this ones all over. You can bet your life that England will force the follow-on if at all possible!

Clarke showing the makers name early in his innings was fantastic.

Moe Norman
3rd December 2006, 08:09 PM
I'm a genuine Lee hater, but the field Punter set for him was a joke.

In Test cricket you should always have a slip for someone bowling 150kph, especially when he has seen 3 GENUINE nicks fly waist high through where a second slipper would be.

As for MacGrath - I'm calling for his head. But for a different reason. He wasn't fit to play. When he is 100% he can play as much as he likes, he's the best seamer in the world, but at that age if you're not 100% its time to hit the bench.

raidrboy
3rd December 2006, 09:36 PM
I don't remember ever seeing a real quick bowling without a slip in a test. regardless of the situation if that field had been set for Dennis Lillee he would have had Ponting's guts for garters. McGrath is obviously not fit and should not have played, but I can't believe that some of you guys see Watson as genuine all rounder in the tests. If he is the best we have got ready to step up we will be in real bother in the next year or so.

Jarro
3rd December 2006, 09:45 PM
Bring in Roy !!

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2006, 10:44 PM
Bring in Roy !!

Makes more sense than Watson, and took apart South Africa less than 12 months ago.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 08:21 AM
Interesting to hear Ponting talking up a result for this test. Is he watching the same test we are?

Scenarios -

England smash us in the first 45 minutes and make us follow-on.
We make another 100-150 and England bat again... boringly.
We make another 100+ and England bat again, excitingly and give us 320 to chase in a little over a day?
We make 700 by the end of today with Clarke and Gilly both making big hundreds and Lee takes 8-for as we roll them for 100.

You choose ;)

terryand
4th December 2006, 08:23 AM
Funnier things have happened Fishy.

Terry.

Jarro
4th December 2006, 08:41 AM
Scenario 2 for mine.

One thing we do need out of this is for Gilly/Clarke to make some significant contributions with the bat.

Gilly is under pressure to perform, as is Pup ..... if they can both get some form under their belts then it'll go a long way to help lift the Aussies confidence going to Perth.

AndyP
4th December 2006, 08:53 AM
I think something like scenario 3. England won't really want a draw, so will want to give the Aussies something to chase.

Bruce
4th December 2006, 09:08 AM
I'm a genuine Lee hater, but the field Punter set for him was a joke.

In Test cricket you should always have a slip for someone bowling 150kph, especially when he has seen 3 GENUINE nicks fly waist high through where a second slipper would be.

As for MacGrath - I'm calling for his head. But for a different reason. He wasn't fit to play. When he is 100% he can play as much as he likes, he's the best seamer in the world, but at that age if you're not 100% its time to hit the bench.

I didn't see any of these 'genuine' edges that you and Fishy are mentioning - but if true then I merely want Brett Lee dead rather than killing his entire family.

Unless the Poms crash through and enforce the follow on, the remaining 2 days will be batting practice for both sides. This series is a run fest of epic proportions so far. Punter with 400 runs in 3 digs. Collingwood makes a double. Pieterson was always going to make a plenty.

As this is heading to boring draw this test we need something else to speculate wildly about.

Will Punter get to the top of the centuries list in this series? He has 33 now and only Gavaskar, Lara (both 34) and Sachin (35) ahead of him. His form and mindset right now has me penciling in at least 1 and maybe 2 more tons in the series.

I agree with you 100% on the McGrath 100% fit issue. His ego is starting to write cheques his body can't cash and should not have played this test.

3oneday
4th December 2006, 09:12 AM
Well apparently the WACA is as flat as Adelaide, I read in the papers this morning the shield innings average is 390 this year :shock:

Jarro
4th December 2006, 09:29 AM
Well apparently the WACA is as flat as Adelaide, I read in the papers this morning the shield innings average is 390 this year :shock:

Hope we win the toss then ;)

Would've been good to see the WACA wicket firing up like it did in years past 8)

Is it me or do all the wickets around Australia seem to be playing the same these days ?????

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 09:31 AM
Ponting will make the 100's necessary, providing he keeps playing with his head.

Mind you, i didn't see him raise the bat to acknowledge the crowd again once he was dismissed. Disappointing to get out, yes, but still should have raised the bat and waved to the crowd.

Jarro
4th December 2006, 09:35 AM
Ponting will make the 100's necessary, providing he keeps playing with his head.

Mind you, i didn't see him raise the bat to acknowledge the crowd again once he was dismissed. Disappointing to get out, yes, but still should have raised the bat and waved to the crowd.

.. you mean like McGrath did ;)

3oneday
4th December 2006, 10:12 AM
Is it me or do all the wickets around Australia seem to be playing the same these days ?????They were talking about it at some stage yesty on the radio, about how all the drop in wickets were deader because they hadn't been compacted by all the footy being played on them like yesteryear. Apparently the WACA pitch used to be 80% clay based but now it must also be a drop in ?

AndyP
4th December 2006, 10:21 AM
Kevin Mitchell, the curator for the Gabba, apparently was helping out with the WACA wicket to put some more life into it. He has introduced some clay back into it. I don't know if it's changed the scoring there recently.

Jarro
4th December 2006, 10:25 AM
maybe Kevin Mitchell should've gone down and helped the poor sap at the Adelaide oval too :roll:

Bruce
4th December 2006, 11:43 AM
Follow on passed. Tame draw proceedings started.

Jarro
4th December 2006, 11:47 AM
more than likely Bruce.

However, i think the fact that Gilly is making some runs today is a good thing for his confidence.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 11:52 AM
Average booster for all batsmen.... having said that Gilly has thrown his wicket away.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 02:27 PM
GO YOU GOOD THING!

The Future Of Australian Cricket is in the house!!!

Jarro
4th December 2006, 02:28 PM
nice ton to your boyfriend Fishy

AndyP
4th December 2006, 02:29 PM
With Clarke in form, and Watson to come back soon, someone needs to go. Dare I say Martyn?
Or would Watson come in for a bowler?

PeteyD
4th December 2006, 02:38 PM
They won;t drop glory boy, he might lose the weet-bix sponsorship. Money on clarke being dropped for a fit watson.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 02:41 PM
Has to be Martyn. He's offered nothing, and continues to get out to Poms at Point/Gully. Same as Hayden repeatedly getting out playing away from his body.

These 2 have been worked out by the Poms and need to adjust, or face the chop.

Jarro
4th December 2006, 02:45 PM
so who moves into the #4 spot then ??

Hussey ? Clarke himself ??

Bruce
4th December 2006, 02:45 PM
Has to be Martyn. He's offered nothing, and continues to get out to Poms at Point/Gully. Same as Hayden repeatedly getting out playing away from his body.

These 2 have been worked out by the Poms and need to adjust, or face the chop.

You're back talking some sense again Fishy. Although Marto was hard done byin 2005 - this time his wicket has been his own fault.

Either of them Jarro.

Moe Norman
4th December 2006, 03:01 PM
This ton from Clarke has put significant pressure on one of Martyn and Hayden.

I'll back Marto to be the one left out with Hussey moving to 4 and Watson to 6.

Thing about Marto is he looks in good nick till getting out. Hayden just looks terrible atm and always looks like getting out. I think Marto has a bit of form and has just managed to get out too easily in a couple fo innings, I reckon hayden is seeing it like a ball bearing.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't think that small Moe... after all, he's good enough to get a small part of the bat on the ball ;)

3oneday
4th December 2006, 03:42 PM
Marto Rawks !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, as good as an argument as I can muster :oops:

PeteyD
4th December 2006, 03:45 PM
Clarke out, hopeless shot.

Grunt
4th December 2006, 03:48 PM
I reckon they are having a slog and want to have a go at the poms before end of play tonight.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 03:54 PM
Clarke out, hopeless shot.

A hundred and twenty four runs, and a dud test later, i don't think it matters much. ;)

PeteyD
4th December 2006, 04:02 PM
Nope. but his namesake got 0. And test ain't over yet, although you would think they will play for a draw.

Bruce
4th December 2006, 04:16 PM
110 overs to go. At the current rate there will be a total of 6 wickets fall in that time. The Poms don't dare make any sort of sporting declaration. 2-0 after 2 and the Ashes are just about lost. There is no way for them to get far enough ahead to force the issue and the Aussies can easily shut up shop if necessary.

7fer by Hoggard is excellent bowling when no other bowler has had any penetration at all.

BrisWesty
4th December 2006, 06:49 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,20867909-23212,00.html

And who said it was all about mememememememe!

Maybe he thinks it worked for Warnie?

Jarro
5th December 2006, 09:10 AM
Seems Freddie picked up a sore ankle yesterday.

Could this be a turning point in the series ?

Fishman Dan
5th December 2006, 11:29 AM
2 wickets this morning - potentially..... if England are rolled for 150-200, leaves us with a limited overs run chase.

ABC commentators were into Ponting in the first innings for not introducing Brett Lee for 4 or 5 fiery overs at Pietersen when he came to the crease. The ball has started going reverse... it would be good to see, but it's not going to happen.

Forget that... Warney's done him!!

Jarro
5th December 2006, 11:33 AM
Warnies just bowled Pietersen around his legs with an awesome delivery 8)

4 down with a lead of 111.

We might get a positive result out of this match yet ;)

Bruce
5th December 2006, 11:37 AM
We could be up for one of those shaky 180-odd chases.

Fanie De Hoggard anyone?

Awesome stuff by Warney. Over the wicket, around the legs to just clip off stump. He's up for it!

Toolish
5th December 2006, 12:04 PM
that makes it 5...what is going on with the poms

dc68
5th December 2006, 12:05 PM
They are GONESKI will crumble for sure now....... will try and shut up shop. and fail

AndyP
5th December 2006, 12:30 PM
For a "boring draw", you guys sure do sound excited....

Courty
5th December 2006, 12:33 PM
If they get a few quick wickets, Australia will have a chance at winning this one.

5/89 at lunch.

Can we do it?

Bruce
5th December 2006, 12:37 PM
Poms are rattled and Warney is fired up.

4/30 in the session. Mixups in running. A single boundary in 2 hours of cricket. It's like they are trying to find a way to lose.

3oneday
5th December 2006, 12:42 PM
Has there ever been less runs scored in a session ???

Courty
5th December 2006, 12:46 PM
That WAS a pathetic scoring effort.

On another note, I just had a look at www.tonkapom.com.au which has been advertised on the cricket telecast. Another simple flash game, but a bit of fun. I just knocked a yorker 883m. :twisted:

dc68
5th December 2006, 01:08 PM
If anyone can find a way to lose it is the pommy 11.

Fishman Dan
5th December 2006, 01:09 PM
Flipper despatched 789m.

dc68
5th December 2006, 01:29 PM
6 for........ go Binga

Jarro
5th December 2006, 01:33 PM
6 for........ go Binga

.. great catch by Haydos :mrgreen:

Courty
5th December 2006, 01:34 PM
Nearly in to the nuffy's now. Once Collingwood is out, we should knock them over pretty quick.

Jarro
5th December 2006, 01:36 PM
However many we're gonna be chasing though, it'll be a nervous watch :shock:

Courty
5th December 2006, 01:37 PM
Giles is gorn! Great ball from Warnie and catch by Hayden!

Jarro
5th December 2006, 01:39 PM
That might just be the last we see of Giles in this series :smt006

Great over from Warne. Poms now 7/97 ... 135 in front

Bruce
5th December 2006, 01:50 PM
Holy crap! This is gunna be exciting.
We all woke up expecting nothing - but the Poms have gone to pieces.

Jarro
5th December 2006, 01:51 PM
gonna be a kneeknocker of a run chase Bruce ;)

PeteyD
5th December 2006, 01:53 PM
apparently the ball is moving around a lot. Might be a very hairy run chase

Courty
5th December 2006, 01:55 PM
Warne is turning it a mile, and Lee has got the odd reverse swing going nicely.

Bruce
5th December 2006, 01:58 PM
Could be chasing in 40-45 overs. Will the ball get old enough to start reversing?
Giles can't turn it as much as Warney.

Adelaide already has a heartbreaking runchase under it's belt.

I am scared - yet I dare not look away.

Courty
5th December 2006, 02:06 PM
Waaaaaaarnie, Waaaaaaaarnie, Waaaaaarnie!

Fishman Dan
5th December 2006, 02:13 PM
Australia will start 2/0... maybe 2/10 with the wickets of Hayden and Martyn :p

Grunt
5th December 2006, 02:13 PM
Brett Lee is bowling great reverse swing today. I know he has been bowling poorly but today may just be the effort that brings back his form.

PeteyD
5th December 2006, 02:16 PM
he needs to do that on day 1. Day 5 heroics are nice, but it is a 5 day match.

Courty
5th December 2006, 02:17 PM
Warnie has been fantastic. The ball that got Pietersen was genius.

Toolish
5th December 2006, 02:18 PM
might have to head home from work early...gotta watch this!

Grunt
5th December 2006, 02:19 PM
he needs to do that on day 1. Day 5 heroics are nice, but it is a 5 day match.

Cant say Day1 at Adelaide was the best bowling pitch but Lee had a fair few of his runs scored of his bowling were not from positive shots.

Fishman Dan
5th December 2006, 02:23 PM
I'm 100% with Jim Maxwell of the ABC here... why are we giving away singles?

Something about Ponting's captaincy.........

Courty
5th December 2006, 02:26 PM
Oooh Aaah

Grunt
5th December 2006, 02:31 PM
9 for. We have a serious game on now.

Courty
5th December 2006, 02:32 PM
McGrath strikes in his first over. Harmison didn't offer a shot, and is sent packing. Only one wicket remaining. It's gonna be a thriller!

Jarro
5th December 2006, 02:33 PM
this pitch is looking pretty dangerous :shock:

balls staying down and not bouncing ..... it'll be hard to make quick runs on it in the last session.

Courty
5th December 2006, 02:34 PM
They'll have to go the tonk like a 20/20 match.

Grunt
5th December 2006, 02:35 PM
It is going to be great to watch, May even see a change to the Aussie batting order. Could we see the One Day batting order?

dc68
5th December 2006, 02:36 PM
Woohoo, cmon Aussie