PDA

View Full Version : Champs courses used and potential to use?

nadg63
20th November 2016, 07:02 PM
Have been trying to remember which golf courses we have now used over the last 3 years for Champs rounds, (actual Champs and supports that is)

This is what I have come up with:

RoyaL Adelaide GC
Kooyonga GC
Links Lady Bay
Gawler GC
Victor Harbor
Glenelg GC
Tanunda Pines GC
The Vines
Blackwood (a Thursday round only I believe!?)
Fleurieu/Mt Compass (Monday round in 2014!?)

Any I have missed?

Also, suggestions for potential courses to consider for 2017, (could probably get Blackwood for the Friday/Kitchener Cup!?) The Saturday Champs round is the hardest one to arrange ....... ! (as going by the poll a 2-day event for the Champs is preferred)

Fire away folks.

thecollective
20th November 2016, 08:00 PM
Being only last week im still recovering from the whole champs weekend, but at this very premature stage my index finger suggests:

Friday: Blackwood
Saturday: Fleurieu
Sunday: RA
Monday: Kooey

Thursday: to be organised based on EOI only: with numbers we could potentially secure another tier 1 (glenelg or grange) so it will come down to who participates and their willingness to pay

jimandr
20th November 2016, 09:15 PM
I don't think you have missed any Nadg. Not a bad effort considering how few of those rounds you actually played. No excuses next year, I hope.

I wouldn't argue with TC's early assessment, course availability permitting.

coalesce
20th November 2016, 09:20 PM
I thought RA was going to be difficult this year?

Also there was some talk about the possibility of a twilight round 3pm-ish on a tier 1 on the Sat - would that be possible through our contacts?

Another course that came up in discussion for the Thurs warm up round was Mt Osmond for something different

Hatchman
20th November 2016, 09:43 PM
You haven't missed any Nadg63.

TC's line up is a good one.

Other courses to consider:
Flagstaff Hill
Mount Osmond (as much as I don't like it other most likely will)
Tea Tree Gully
Holdfast Shores
Nuriootpa
If you want some good atmosphere and a very cheap round on the Saturday my home club Kapunda.

Peppas
20th November 2016, 09:45 PM
You missed Glenelg, which was the 2nd Monday round last year

thecollective
21st November 2016, 09:00 AM

Also there was some talk about the possibility of a twilight round 3pm-ish on a tier 1 on the Sat - would that be possible through our contacts?

Another course that came up in discussion for the Thurs warm up round was Mt Osmond for something different

RA should be ok, but once again it all comes down to numbers. Peter noted he will support the event provided it does not clash with any other of his commitments. Hopefully Tim can play next year so that there alone is a few spots. We also have James to call on if required. Plus if we need to 'scrape the barrel' with other members im sure we can go down that path but only if required (might cost me a few expensive bottles of red).

Sunday at another tier 1 sounds easier said than done IMHO. Both Glenelg and Grange are much busier clubs than RA. Kooyonga I will leave Chilled to comment on but assume it is in the same light. Glenelg could be an option with numbers as they are very heavy on advertising at the moment for corporate events but more than likely will push a midweek event.

Quite happy to play MO on Thursday - quite close to the city as well so easy for interstate visitors to get to. Bear in mind the 27 hole event at Tanunda last year went really well as it coincide with the Twilight event that included a dinner and a local comp.

nadg63
21st November 2016, 03:37 PM
I don't think you have missed any Nadg. Not a bad effort considering how few of those rounds you actually played. No excuses next year, I hope.

I wouldn't argue with TC's early assessment, course availability permitting.

To be totally honest, besides the knee issue there is also the general lack of interest in playing - too much golf in quick succession for me. Happy to organise, lets leave it at that.

RAGC not written off yet, could be ways and means ;)

You haven't missed any Nadg63.

TC's line up is a good one.

Other courses to consider:
Flagstaff Hill
Mount Osmond (as much as I don't like it other most likely will)
Tea Tree Gully
Holdfast Shores
Nuriootpa
If you want some good atmosphere and a very cheap round on the Saturday my home club Kapunda.

Did think of Kapunda GC :)

You missed Glenelg, which was the 2nd Monday round last year

Aha, knew there was at least one missing!

wazamac
21st November 2016, 04:06 PM
Kapunda/ Barossa Double!

Coopers Country
21st November 2016, 04:11 PM
Good idea Wazza you driving the bus?

wazamac
21st November 2016, 04:13 PM
Don't know about driving, but I'm under it enough :wink:

nadg63
21st November 2016, 04:41 PM
Kapunda/ Barossa Double!

27 hole Saturday Champs round!?

thecollective
21st November 2016, 08:38 PM
27 hole Saturday Champs round!?

I suggest we then pick a Northern course for the Friday round to avoid last years logistical nightmare (Tanunda / Victor / Gawler)

Interstaters could stay in the Barossa Valley - not a bad changeup

benno_r
21st November 2016, 08:47 PM
I suggest we then pick a Northern course for the Friday round to avoid last years logistical nightmare (Tanunda / Victor / Gawler)

Interstaters could stay in the Barossa Valley - not a bad changeup

I played 9 holes of Barossa GC last year, a solid little track. Easily do a Friday round there with Tanunda Saturday.

wazamac
22nd November 2016, 12:30 PM
Sounds like to me that we need a serious discussion/ decision making over a schnitzel after playing Kenton Valley. :wink:

Hatchman
22nd November 2016, 06:37 PM
Sounds like to me that we need a serious discussion/ decision making over a schnitzel after playing Kenton Valley. :wink:

Yes to this.
S.A OzGolf Decembers round at Kenton Valley sounds like a great idea.
Will be a good feeler for a fun pre-champs Thursday round maybe?

nadg63
22nd November 2016, 06:40 PM
Yes to this.
S.A OzGolf Decembers round at Kenton Valley sounds like a great idea.
Will be a good feeler for a fun pre-champs Thursday round maybe?

Who/what is Kenton Valley!?

Hatchman
22nd November 2016, 06:47 PM
Who/what is Kenton Valley!?

On the road from Lobethal to Gumaracha. Left hand side, can't miss it

http://www.gumeracha.com.au/otherPages/golf/index.htm

nadg63
22nd November 2016, 06:54 PM
On the road from Lobethal to Gumaracha. Left hand side, can't miss it

http://www.gumeracha.com.au/otherPages/golf/index.htm

Strange, I've ridden/driven around that area heaps but never noticed it!? You putting up a post in '1st Tee' for this?

wazamac
22nd November 2016, 06:57 PM
Done

Peppas
22nd November 2016, 07:09 PM
Grange hasn't been done. Thanks guys ;)