PDA

View Full Version : Cursed balls

Fishman Dan
5th June 2006, 03:59 PM
You know sometimes you just get bad vibes from the pill you are using? I should have heeded the signs the other day.

Holes 1-4, struggled. Nothing too bad, but missed some easy opportunities to score well on the opening holes.

5th Hole - duck hook into/over? the creek. Played a provisional which i ended up par'ing the hole with after giving up searching for the original ball.

Finish the 7th, find my ball from the 5th in a garden bed. On 16 i bring it out again.

16th tee - into the 1m wide rocky creek. Now you'd think a 175m par 3, there's stuff all chance of landing it in such a tiny space :roll:. The ball actually came out backwards and settled next to a concrete object with a big red (hazard) line on it. Of course, the ball is just on the wrong side of the line. Able to hack it onto the green from there in the most awkward of fashion.

17th tee - par 3, path is close to the green on the left. A good miss goes left, hits the grassy bank and rolls down onto the green. Mine caught the edge of the path, ends up 30m over and on another tee. I know it hit the very edge of the path - the ball had a clear path impact mark which also had mashed grass in it.

18th - Tee shot hits trees on right, goes over fairway and hits trees on left and in the crap.

If i were superstitious, i should never have given the ball a second chance. Anyone else lament the decision to re-use a ball that's basically pi$$ed them off once in a round?

Bruce
5th June 2006, 04:11 PM
I agree Dan. Some pills come with bad mojo. Sometimes it is a relief when it finally goes bad enough to get lost.

It must be the ball 'cause it certainly can't be the way I'm hitting them :)

Jarro
5th June 2006, 04:26 PM
nup.

never happened to me once.

connico
5th June 2006, 04:36 PM
im superstitious of clubs...replace them all the time :p

Yeah i dont reuse balls if they give me issues, but ill take some time to recover a ball if i like it heaps..

Fishman Dan
5th June 2006, 04:52 PM
nup.

never happened to me once.

Nice post boost. Even on topic!

Jarro
5th June 2006, 04:54 PM
Nice post boost. Even on topic!

well, it's true.

I've never thought of a ball as being cursed.

Clubs on the other hand :roll:

990B Luva
5th June 2006, 05:47 PM
clubs are cursed, balls arent

PeteyD
5th June 2006, 08:03 PM
Trees are cursed. Chainsaws are your friend.

markTHEblake
5th June 2006, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a lucky ball to me - could have been lost 4 times already.

Courty
6th June 2006, 12:08 PM
I'm with you Fishy. I've been known to toss a reasonably new ProV in the lake after it has misbehaved. I don't even want those bad vibes in my practice bag. ;)

andylo
6th June 2006, 01:53 PM
I'm with you Fishy. I've been known to toss a reasonably new ProV in the lake after it has misbehaved. I don't even want those bad vibes in my practice bag. ;)

Sometime it could be the ball....

Long time ago I play with a +1 in Riverlake.... I hit a few very bad shot... not too sure if its cause by my swing but the ball does react a little strange... so I want to toss the ball into the drink but the +1 ask if he could have the ball....

He hits it off the tee and the ball this time really react very strange!! We got a little S-line ball flight like a snake... sail about 150 meters then lost it momentum and sail to the right into the drink :roll:

+1 asked me if it counts :lol:

Fishman Dan
6th June 2006, 02:09 PM
Babelfish anyone?

PeteyD
6th June 2006, 03:11 PM
Big Good golfer hittum hisum crappolla ball. Go loop da loopie dopey stupido into drink.

PeteyD
6th June 2006, 03:13 PM
My golf is at a level where cursed balls disappear by themselves reasonably quickly!

connico
6th June 2006, 03:22 PM
Babelfish anyone?

Babelfish: Alo had a V1 (pill), he was playing with a +1 marker, marker asked if he could have the V1 because alo thought it(pill) was cursed. +1 tee'd off and the ball flight was funny(so called S shape), turned right in mid air and went in the drink.

i think thats what he said?

Balls are cursed, its cheaper to replace balls then clubs i think?

PRC
7th June 2006, 06:19 PM
What about cursed people? I had a couple in front of me, I thought they were out of range from the tee - ball went running past the wife. "Sorry".
Next hole, par3, they leave the green and are standing on the next tee. Out of the blue I suddenly hook a ball that lands just short of them.
They let me play through, following hole I tee off and smacked it straight into trees protecting the bloke on the previous green. The ball was heading for him too - it was like they wanted the ball to hit them.

burger
8th June 2006, 11:26 AM
was this all with the same ball?

PRC
10th June 2006, 09:41 PM
Yep

Ducky
10th June 2006, 11:39 PM
The ball collectors at Riverside Oaks must love my brother and I. We tend to "donate" a lot of golf balls too!

Grunt
10th July 2006, 06:33 PM
Well it may be the balls fault I played with Srixon zur's and I cant score. I played with Utri tours play crap. Play with Strata Tour ace and play good!

Fishman Dan
10th July 2006, 07:40 PM
Get a ball to suit your game. Take up poker!