PDA

View Full Version : 3ballsgolf Condition Scale?

bergsey
7th November 2016, 12:35 AM
Anyone got some recent experience with 3Balls rating scale? have bought from them in the past and has been hit and miss. Looking at some irons with the 'bargain' rating which may be a bit dodgy.

If anyone else is interested they have 17% off site wide at the moment (until 7/11) which covers the shipping costs at least. Still slightly cheaper than their parent company globalgolf

Cheers

bergsey
7th November 2016, 11:06 PM
Have pulled the trigger on a set of Ping ie1's, will see how it goes!

adlo
8th November 2016, 12:36 AM
Enjoying semi retirement i see!

bergsey
8th November 2016, 12:48 AM
giving money to someone else other than Bunnings!

adlo
8th November 2016, 12:54 AM
Might have to strike while the wallet is open! $10 skins..

Oldplayer
14th November 2016, 09:43 AM
5 years ago condition ratings were nearly always understated. I used to buy a lot from there and the condition was always better than stated. They have changed a lot in the last 2 years. Seem to be a smaller operation; prices are higher and condition rating is not as reliable.

bergsey
15th November 2016, 10:22 PM
Clubs arrived today, after a good clean they don't look too bad.. a bit of bag chatter but no nicks or dents.

The only issue is that they have bright red Pure grips which wont match the bag ! :)

Johnny Canuck
16th November 2016, 12:36 AM
Clubs arrived today, after a good clean they don't look too bad.. a bit of bag chatter but no nicks or dents.

The only issue is that they have bright red Pure grips which wont match the bag ! :)

They're pings. They are always in the same condition.

bergsey
16th November 2016, 01:08 AM
They're pings. They are always in the same condition. True but the ie1's seem to have more of a chrome type finish

Oldplayer
17th November 2016, 07:44 PM
True but the ie1's seem to have more of a chrome type finish
Correct. The "indestructible" finish that pings once had finished with the i15's and g20's. The i20's and i25's had some issues with the plated finish. This was referred to as delamination. Seems the genesis of it was the top layer not adhering to the base metal properly.
G25's darker finish wore off quickly. Chrome areas of ie1's scuff easily. Ping has lost some of it's reputation for durability since the newer finishes have been employed.