PDA

View Full Version : FAIL Drummond Golf Totally Unprofessional

ozpaul
29th October 2016, 05:00 PM
I had the pleasure of visiting Drummond Woolloongabba today

The Drummond website is advertising Wilson gloves for $9.77 and Trident 14 way bag for $96

I was looking at gloves when the help arrived (chubby blond woman late 50's)
She: Can I help?
Me: Yes I am looking for man's left hand glove under $10
She: These are 30% off today. shows me $25 and and $18 gloves
Me: Do you have any gloves under $10?
She: These other ones here are 25% off
Me: Do you have any gloves under $10? Simple question!
She: These are discount

I walk to golf bags
Me: I am looking for a 14 slot golf bag under $100
She: These bags are 30% off today
Me: Straight question. DO YOU HAVE A 14 SLOT BAG UNDER $100 PLEEEEAAAASE?
She: All are bags are good discount.

She then looks at price tags. Obviously not a clue

I then say if she can't help me I am going to Golf Clearance Outlet

Then she tells me that "Golf Clearance Outlet don't sell genuine brand golf bags, they sell bags from all sorts of places overseas. Not genuine"

The result? I wasted time walking there expecting service. How can Drummond run a business with fools like her on staff?

Is it company policy to tell lies about their competitors?

Never again

I bought my gloves (but no bag) at GCO

3oneday
29th October 2016, 06:44 PM
Retail sucks

Timbo
29th October 2016, 07:15 PM
Serious question:

When she said "Can I help?"

Why didn't you just say "Have you got any of the Wilson gloves for $9.77 and Trident 14 way bag for $96.00?"

backintheswing
29th October 2016, 07:17 PM
Why do you want a glove under $10? Wouldn't they be crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icestorm959
29th October 2016, 07:24 PM
Wilson gloves are good.

AndyP
29th October 2016, 08:11 PM
Why do you want a glove under $10? Wouldn't they be crap?

Crap, but genuine.

3Puttpete
29th October 2016, 08:19 PM
I asked them to price match goldbox and the answer was "That's a Western Australian business, this is a Queensland business"

Jazz18
29th October 2016, 08:20 PM
Except for the owner, my local Drummond Golf is great. Don't label a company based on one bad experience with one person who may be a bad egg.

backintheswing
29th October 2016, 08:21 PM
I asked them to price match goldbox and the answer was "That's a Western Australian business, this is a Queensland business"

I wouldn't price match goldbox either.

Timbo
29th October 2016, 08:29 PM
Golfbox have a 14 way bag for $99.00. Buy a sharpie or a packet of tees and use a 20 off 100 discount code and you'll get it for about $80.00 - delivered free to your door.

highballin
29th October 2016, 09:11 PM
Golfbox have a 14 way bag for $99.00. Buy a sharpie or a packet of tees and use a 20 off 100 discount code and you'll get it for about $80.00 - delivered free to your door.

No brainer and no hassles

peter_rs
29th October 2016, 09:56 PM

They have for me :)

hacker
29th October 2016, 10:52 PM

http://www.drummondgolf.com.au/lowest-price-guarantee

You asked the wrong question, you are meant to ask them to beat it by 5% even Bogle says so:wink:

billp
30th October 2016, 08:03 AM
Online specials aren't always the same as in store, agree with everyone you should have shown the online special when asking if they could help you.

Bcf etc are the same now, rare you get to talk to an expert in everything.

Grumpy8
30th October 2016, 10:20 AM
Drummond stores are franchises so they may not participate in the online specials , owner of a drummond I go to is a snobbish women who I dislike but the staff are very good , luck of the draw sometimes with which staff member you get

Daves
30th October 2016, 11:46 AM
Drummond stores are franchises so they may not participate in the online specials , owner of a drummond I go to is a snobbish women who I dislike but the staff are very good , luck of the draw sometimes with which staff member you get

It doesn't excuse the lies about their competitors though. GCO parallel (grey) import, they don't hide that fact. Kogan runs a similar business model in electronics. Indeed, many Ozgolfers effectively parallel import via eBay and OS sites. It is a pretty stupid way to try and scare potential customers away from competitors.

For my part, I haven't really had any issues with this Drummonds store, but I also haven't bought very much from them either. For the type of purchases that ozpaul was contemplating, Drummonds or Gold Word/Mart would probably be the last on my list to visit.

Bigbad
30th October 2016, 08:00 PM
I live in Brisbane and have been to that store many times over the years, I know the woman he's talking about, but I politely decline her help and wait for one of guys I've dealt with before that has a little more of a clue. He's not the best or worst golfer, a mid handicapper around 13 I think, but he knows his gear and he's always worked the best possible price for me. If you look hard enough you'll beat retail price every time, but sometimes for the sake of $5-$10 it's easier and better to just buy then and there. I probably wouldn't go in to the store trying to trap them on price either, they're sales people after all, so they are trying to sell higher priced gear.

tanax
31st October 2016, 02:34 PM
Glad i'm not the only one that find drummond golf is providing bad service even in Western Australia.

3Puttpete
31st October 2016, 02:45 PM
They have for me :)

Same. The last time I told them if they'd beat Golfbox including Lexus cup code I'd buy immediately.

They went $1 lower. I bought.

Moe Norman
31st October 2016, 03:02 PM
Serious question:

When she said "Can I help?"

Why didn't you just say "Have you got any of the Wilson gloves for $9.77 and Trident 14 way bag for $96.00?"

this.

Johnny Canuck
31st October 2016, 03:15 PM
I had the pleasure of visiting Drummond Woolloongabba today

The Drummond website is advertising Wilson gloves for $9.77 and Trident 14 way bag for $96

I was looking at gloves when the help arrived (chubby blond woman late 50's)
She: Can I help?
Me: Yes I am looking for man's left hand glove under $10
She: These are 30% off today. shows me $25 and and $18 gloves
Me: Do you have any gloves under $10?
She: These other ones here are 25% off
Me: Do you have any gloves under $10? Simple question!
She: These are discount

I walk to golf bags
Me: I am looking for a 14 slot golf bag under $100
She: These bags are 30% off today
Me: Straight question. DO YOU HAVE A 14 SLOT BAG UNDER $100 PLEEEEAAAASE?
She: All are bags are good discount.

She then looks at price tags. Obviously not a clue

I then say if she can't help me I am going to Golf Clearance Outlet

Then she tells me that "Golf Clearance Outlet don't sell genuine brand golf bags, they sell bags from all sorts of places overseas. Not genuine"

The result? I wasted time walking there expecting service. How can Drummond run a business with fools like her on staff?

Is it company policy to tell lies about their competitors?

Never again

I bought my gloves (but no bag) at GCO

Sounds like you went out of your way to be a dick when you could have rectified the situation quite easily. She obviously didn't know about the special.

I'm sure GCO is thrilled to be stealing customers that only want to buy products that are most likely being sold at a loss.

Glad i'm not the only one that find drummond golf is providing bad service even in Western Australia.

Which location? I've had pretty good service at all of the ones I've been to here.

tanax
31st October 2016, 05:51 PM
Which location? I've had pretty good service at all of the ones I've been to here.

The one in Cannington. The sales person tend to sell you the more expensive stuff instead of what really suit you, plus their stuff is more expensive compare to golfbox.

Toxic
31st October 2016, 05:54 PM
Shepparton Drummond always been great.........No complaints at all.....Like everything tho it pays to shop around

YonexMan
1st November 2016, 08:20 AM
Living in Tamworth, I don't get to go to Drummond shops much. The nearest ones are Port Macquarie and Newcastle.

My son and I played in a Pro-Am with Nick Lumley, who use to work at the Port Macquarie Drummond. Great guy. Gave my son a lot of tips on how to improve his game and they certainly made a difference. We went to the Port Macquarie Drummond a few times and Nick gave us great advice, some lessons and bought gear there. But since he left, we have only been back once.

Newcastle Drummond
Always had good service there and good prices. Not just because we are Drummond members either. One trip I bought several pairs of golf shoes, 1 pair for me, 1 pair for my son and another for my wife. But then my son went through a growth spurt and needed new shoes within 5 months. We were driving through Newcastle at the time, so dropped in at the Drummond shop again. The owner and his wife were there and recognised us, remembering we were from Tamworth. Asked what we were after and I said we needed to buy some more shoes. His comment was - "weren't you just here a few months ago buying shoes?" well, when he found out why, he went over and personally fitted my son for new shoes again and said - don't worry, we will look after you on price on the shoes and if you want to buy anything else - we will look after you on price. Which he certainly did.

Newcastle Drummond has also let my son test clubs as well - without the whole presumption of buying them afterwards. Unlike other shops I've been to.

Can't complain at all with their service. I've never had any problems with anyone at Newcastle Drummond - great people there.

The only other Drummond I have been to and again - got good service and price, was the Drummond at Penrith in Sydney. Where I bought my new putter from.
They too, also let my son and I test a demo club of the new Mizuno JPX900 Boron Forged 6 iron with Project X 5.5 shaft.. very nice.

darkeststar07
2nd November 2016, 11:18 AM
why don't you just ask them up front if they have the wilson gloves at $9.77 and the trident bag at $96?

Kaniss
2nd November 2016, 12:44 PM
why don't you just ask them up front if they have the wilson gloves at $9.77 and the trident bag at $96?

That would be using common sense and that's a no no in today's society.

Hatchman
2nd November 2016, 12:49 PM

That would be using common sense and that's a no no in today's society.

A reasonable person would have most likely done that.

Johnny Canuck
2nd November 2016, 01:01 PM
A reasonable person would have most likely done that.

It's much easier to play games with the staff and then go online and start a thread bagging the terrible service.

Moe Norman
2nd November 2016, 01:10 PM
glad I'm not the only one who thought that would have been ther obvious course of action.

"Hi, looking for the glove and bag you have advertised on your website"

I probably would have had the website open to show them

Dotty
2nd November 2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe he was too embarrassed to talk about using a Trident bag in front of the other customers.

Jazz18
2nd November 2016, 03:49 PM
Maybe he was too embarrassed to talk about using a Trident bag in front of the other customers.

LOL! I know I would be! :)

Hatchman
2nd November 2016, 04:30 PM

You may be onto some thing there Dotty.
May have feared the hard sell on Volvik balls to follow :lol:

Timbo
2nd November 2016, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure what Ozpaul's problem is. It reads to me like he went in there wanting to get wound up, and she gave him exactly what he wanted.

thecollective
2nd November 2016, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure what Ozpaul's problem is. It reads to me like he went in there wanting to get wound up, and she gave him exactly what he wanted.

This! Already had a clear picture in his mind of what he wanted to happen.

Sales Consultants are human; sometimes you need to point them in the direction you intend because they are not always mind readers

Foburger
2nd November 2016, 10:09 PM
The looking at a price tag comment got me. It'd be pretty hard to remember every bag price in a golf shop I'd imagine.

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2016, 10:10 PM

For free to :D

Coopers Country
2nd November 2016, 10:52 PM
For free to :D

Beat the opposition by 5%

Ryano
3rd November 2016, 09:52 AM
I have to agree with everyone here.

Why didn't you go in to the shop and say "Hi, I saw your ad online for the Wilson gloves for $9.77 and the Trident 14 way bag for $96. Do you guys have any of those left in stock? I am interested in buying them.

Why can't you be direct and to the point. Sales staff aren't aware of EVERY sale they have at the moment. The stores have a lot of stock