PDA

View Full Version : Would you perfer someone talk like that write, or write like they talk?

andylo
31st May 2006, 03:04 PM
Just a poll :)

Jarro
31st May 2006, 03:07 PM
um, .... i really don't know to tell you the truth.

I'd just like some people here to learn how to SPELL !!!!

;)

connico
31st May 2006, 03:07 PM
say wat?? i just voted for the default..ie the first one lol

Grunt
31st May 2006, 03:09 PM
Why you ask Andylo?

andylo
31st May 2006, 03:10 PM
Just general interest. A question came out from no where when I am not paying attention to my work ;)

3oneday
31st May 2006, 03:10 PM
Use the "preview" and check it before you post it. I don't care what or how it is written, just write it so we can understand it the first time !!!

This is a generalisation by the way Andy, as Jarro said, there are a few that just type....

AndyP
31st May 2006, 03:25 PM
If we are on the subject of posts, then if you can't make the effort to write a post properly, then why should I make the effort to read it.

BTW I don't really understand the question.

Bruce
31st May 2006, 03:29 PM
It's not an either/or question Andy. You need to speak and write appropriate to the audience and medium you deliverying your message.

We all use different 'voices' according to the circumstances. My writing for a post is different from an email to my boss which is different to my writing for a contract. Similarly with speaking - whether he is mate, John or Prime Minister Howard depends on the circumstances.

Fishman Dan
31st May 2006, 03:41 PM
I have no idea what this is all about, but I wish people would:

* Use a spell check
* Think about what is posted (said)
* Just prior to clicking the "Post Reply" button, they would close Internet Explorer and go to the driving range instead

markTHEblake
31st May 2006, 10:45 PM
Andy, to answer the question properly we need to know which is the persons weaker point, talking or writing.

If we are voting on you, i would prefer you to write like you talk. :)

andylo
1st June 2006, 08:57 AM
Tez told me long time ago that I write like I talk : p

Nah I just want to know what ppl think yesterday

AndyP
1st June 2006, 09:08 AM
Nah I just want to know what ppl think yesterday
I think you should tidy up your signature.

andylo
1st June 2006, 09:11 AM
whats wrong with my signature?

brad
1st June 2006, 01:55 PM
Well, do you really need to put your avatar picture in there? It is a bit of overkill.

And as long as I can understand a post, I don't care. Variety is the spice of laugh - I meant life. :)

AndyP
1st June 2006, 01:59 PM
Isn't it ironic that there is a spelling and grammar error in the thread title?