PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing May 29th 2006

Coffs_Hacker
31st May 2006, 12:32 PM
Stableford event on tues, a round of what could have been. Turned front nine at 2over par 23pts and came home with a brilliant 14 on the back. Highlight was a 3wood 6ft past the hole on a 260mtr par 4. (tailwind :P )

9 fairways
7 Gir
34 putts (3 3putts)
1 birdie

BrisVegas
31st May 2006, 12:42 PM
nice going on the front 9. one of these days it will all "click" for you and you will shoot par. You're so close...

i take it you are liking the new Titleist 3 wood then?? :shock:

Coffs_Hacker
31st May 2006, 12:59 PM
It's staying for sure, not too sure about the mezza monza though

cazandpaul
31st May 2006, 05:28 PM
33 points this morning - took a while to get going as it was a bit fresh on the Coast - more lessons and practice required but there is a light.

Grunt
2nd June 2006, 03:20 PM
Well my first round for winter and boy it really was a tough slog in the Winter conditions of The Coast:shock: ](*,) . I had another of those rounds whrere I play a couple of holes like a 12-15 marker then a few more off 18 & to round it off I have Brain Explosions:smt073 that cost me big time and play like I am a first timer off 54.

Conditions for the back 9 were TOUGH. It was cold, Extremely Windy and did I say cold:smt107 . Towards the end of the round it was hard to putt as your ball was on the edge of rolling away any second.

Had a few highlights on the day though, best was the birdie on 9 that tried it's hardest to be an eagle/ace. Landed on the back on the green and ran down the slope, maybe an inch beside the pin to finish up 3 feet below the hole. Closest I have ever been to that elusive ace :-D .
Another highlight I felt was my putting, I struck my putts well all day, there were a few brain fade misses but the long putts were 8 times out of 10 in the zone only just missing going in ar nice lag putts. I guess if I hit the green in lower numbers the scores will be way lower.

So in the end I ran last in our group with 26 points (a birdie, couple of bogeys & 5 Wipes:smt076 )

Grunt
3rd June 2006, 01:13 PM
Well I went out again this morning in the wind and cold to have another hit. Played in a Individual Stab + 2BBB. Had a real up and down day yet again. Putted well, Struck my woods and irons well, it was just the fact that my pitching and chipping really sucks.
Ended up with 30 points with 5 wipes :shock: . 5 pars :mrgreen: , all of the bad holes were caused by the total lack of decent chips & Pitches when I missed the green in regulation. PRACTICE NEEDED!!!!!
One hole was a wipe when I hit my 2nd shot up to the par 5 14th, it was a blind shot for myself and thought I had made good contact and from my postion I thought it was on the money for an eagle putt. I get to the green and no ball to be seen.:???: . Oh well S^&* Happens and I was sort of happy with what I got as a result of some really poor chips.

Funny thing is that when I left the club @ 12 I was leading with 30 points, that wont last.

Jarro
3rd June 2006, 01:15 PM
good to see you saved yourself for tomorrows round Grant ;)

Grunt
3rd June 2006, 01:19 PM
is tomorrow important or something ;) Could even be throwing a leg to get more holes ;)

BrisWesty
3rd June 2006, 06:06 PM
31 points today at Caboolture. 17 points on the front 9, helped by a 4 point birdie on the 9th. Had a good run through to the 13th, then 4 putted the 14th for a wash, washed the 15th, washed my ball (& 3 putted) on the 16th for 1 point and 3 putted the 18th for 1 point.

Got exceedingly blowy through the round, with the wind changing direction lots of time.

Missed a ball in the rundown, but found 6 around the course!

goughy
3rd June 2006, 06:39 PM
Played this arvo, absolutely appalling appalling appalling, although I didn't really care. Was good to be out on the course instead of at work. Been a sh!tty morning too.

Finished dq'ed. Played the 18th in near pitch black. 160mtrs our in fairway bunker and played at the green (which is over a creek). Hit it well but had no clue where it had gone. Was absolutely freezing so couldn't be bothered walking back. Was on track to crack 60 on the back nine anyway.

Courty
3rd June 2006, 10:57 PM
Club Champs (Rd 1) today. I shot 82 (75). Not unhappy with the final score considering the last few months. However, I am annoyed with a few brain-farts which cost me valuable shots. My driver served me well today, as did most clubs (except the damn 9 iron :evil:). What annoyed me most was the putter. I was pulling putts left, leaving them 6 inches short, or 4 ft past. The greens have been cut heaps shorter than usual and as a consequence I wasn't able to adjust to the speed. I made a couple of nice birdies, some very solid pars, a couple of bloody bogies, a damn double and a terrible triple. I'm looking to improve on that effort in tomorrow's round.

Stats:
Effective tee-shots - 10
GIR - 6
Putts - 32

Jarro
4th June 2006, 01:57 PM
31 points at Nudgee this morning.

6 fairways
7 G.I.R's
36 putts :oops:

had my worst putting round that i can remember. on the back 9, i started with a 3 putt bogey, 2 putt par, 3 putt bogey :oops: time to practice, or maybe get a new putter ;)

New driver went well, hit it pretty solidly all day ... see how long it stays in the bag :mrgreen:

shazza_rs
4th June 2006, 04:44 PM
Played monthly medal on saturday at Riverlakes
93/75.... 3 over... but ccr will probably be 70 even though it was blowing a gale.

Played a social round at riverlakes today and had a 90/72... had 51/39... pretty happy with the back nine.. only 4 over...

bring on first round of ladies matchplay on saturday at middle ridge ;)

Grunt
4th June 2006, 05:00 PM
Well Played @ glenmore this today, went ok but my game fell apart over the closing holes.
20 points on the 1st 8 holes
10 on the next 10 including a 3 pointer.

Putted well yet again, one day I will play well for the entire game.

connico
4th June 2006, 05:11 PM
27 points, it was dismal, but once again driving seem to be ok, putting was bad, very bad, lets not even mention the numbers of 3 putts i had...

regardless was a great day and 27 points from a tough course was not to bad

Courty
4th June 2006, 05:50 PM
Club Champs (Rd 2) today.
I'm back, baby!
I shot 74 (67). After yesterday, I knew I had some good golf in me. I felt confident over the ball today and putted much better (no 3 putts). I was striping the driver straight and loooong. The only real blemish for the day was a double bogey on the 9th hole after driving into the hazard that I was desperately trying to avoid. :roll: That left me +3 (38 ) for the front 9.
2 birdies on the back 9 and one lone bogey for a 36 -1).
When I left I was leading the A-Grade nett scores, but there were still a few scores to come in.

Stats:
Effective tee-shots - 13
GIR - 10
Putts - 29

:twisted:

amanda
4th June 2006, 06:36 PM
98/77 today with 5 pars and 1 birdie :) However, my score was ruined by an 11 (par 5) and a very stupid 4 putt :(

Overall, tied for the monthly medal - playoff next month. And came home to win the B-grade champs by miles. My nearest 2 competitors actually didn't even turn up today - not sure why.

Brad was an excellent caddie - however on 2 occasions I did not listen to his advice and as a result I had the 11 and also the 4 putt. So I'm looking forward to that being rubbed in for a few weeks now!

AndyP
4th June 2006, 06:39 PM
Well done, Courty and amanda.

Play-off for the monthly medal, Mandy. They don't use countback?

amanda
4th June 2006, 06:46 PM
That's the regular system at New Brighton - for both the men & women.

jimandr
4th June 2006, 09:18 PM
Most NSW Monthly Medals, in my experience, are decided by a playoff the next month if they are tied. We see it mentioned in the results all the time in the papers.

No playoffs for me today with the NSW Ozgolfers at Glenmore. My stats say 31 points, but I signed for 30. Either I ripped myself off on the course, or have blocked a shot out of my memory somewhere. Doesn't matter though. Course was set up very difficult, and I kept leaving myself in spots where getting it up & down was near impossible.

Fairways = 11 of 14, very good driving today
GIR = 4 of 18
Putts = 33, two three putts, 2 birdies
Up and Down = 2 of 8
Sand Saves = 1 of 4
1 penalty

mike
4th June 2006, 10:22 PM
Played my first 18 holes since North Lakes ( March 11 )

86/75

Missed just about every fairway, missed every green except one, couldn't chip and couldn't putt.

Otherwise I played really well.

oz
5th June 2006, 06:19 PM
Played Sunday. Just couldn't get into it. Chopped it 'round for 32 points, and never looked like getting anything going. Putting was very ordinary, and it seeped through to the rest of my game, as the round wore on.

oz
5th June 2006, 06:24 PM
Nice work, Courty. That is some fine shooting under championship conditions.

BrisVegas
5th June 2006, 09:22 PM
Well played Courty!!! Where did you finish overall??

Courty
6th June 2006, 11:15 AM
Well played Courty!!! Where did you finish overall??

Don't know yet, mate. I'll hopefully find out tomorrow. Unfortunately with my score from Saturday, I'm out of the running to be the club champ :roll: ;)
Golflink is updated now though. They got me 0.8. :evil:

Update: I just found out (http://www.cairnsgolfclub.com.au/weeklyresults.htm) that I won the A-Grade Nett for Round 2.