PDA

View Full Version : How to pick golf balls?

goldenF
5th October 2016, 06:22 PM
Hi there,
I'm always wondering how to pick golf balls, how do you know which of golf balls were fit to your swing?
There's so many brand out there, which brand did you use before?

Yossarian
5th October 2016, 06:35 PM
I used Nike but it didn't fit my swing so then I used Noodle.

3Puttpete
5th October 2016, 06:36 PM
Like a glass of wine in a restaurant.

Buy the second cheapest so you don't look like too much of a tightarse

Toxic
5th October 2016, 06:36 PM
Mizuno MP-S. Was a Pro V1 user beforehand. For some reason I putt better with the Mizuno ball. Handicap is my short game.. And I'm off 7

JADO75
5th October 2016, 06:41 PM
What's your hcp to start with?

goldenF
5th October 2016, 07:08 PM
What's your hcp to start with?
15 lol

goldenF
5th October 2016, 07:12 PM
And I also wondering is there anyone here this golf ball before? FORTÉ Golf
There's handicap campaign, but I'm not sure about it
https://goo.gl/SmCN41

Jazz18
5th October 2016, 07:30 PM
Buy a sleeve each of a couple of different balls and test them out. Everyone has such different taste. What others think, see and feel won't necessarily apply or appeal to you.

3Puttpete
5th October 2016, 09:18 PM

How long have you been running the business?

jimandr
5th October 2016, 10:23 PM
Trial and error, or perhaps more accurately, feel and error. If you really like the feel of a golf ball, you'll talk yourself into liking its performance as well.

My suspicion, taking into account 3putt's accusation, is that marketing of golf balls has a very limited effect for the average player.

Because Jordan Spieth needs his ProV to perform in the unpredictable wind on 12, that doesn't mean we need it as well. Indeed, what most of us might do after seeing a ProV ad is buy a sleeve to try them, but once that sleeve has gone we won't buy another sleeve unless we liked them the first time.

Price over the counter at the local Pro Shop or Drummonds probably matters more than any marketing campaign. My Pro Shop has some Mizuno balls on their top shelf. They are premium priced, and nobody at our club seems to be using them.

Hatchman
5th October 2016, 10:33 PM
Just like women.
Try them all until you find one you like and than keep hitting it [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2016, 10:47 PM
Find something you like and are confident with.

I'm a relatively low capper, and to be honest, I really don't see much difference in the top end offerings from any of the major manufacturers.

Gammon
5th October 2016, 10:51 PM
Grab a few sleeves at different price points and do some short game practice, pick what you like. For me playing the same ball for a period of time is more important than the actual ball I play. At $50 a dozen I am a fan of the Chrome softs.

simmsy
6th October 2016, 12:17 AM
Go to your local range that use real golf balls.
Grab the large bucket. Pick out the decent ones and give them a try. That's how I get my practice balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yossarian
6th October 2016, 12:27 AM
Jim is this spam? I'm not sure.

3oneday
6th October 2016, 06:27 AM
How long have you been running the business?this

Dotty
6th October 2016, 06:46 AM
If you help your partners look for their lost balls, and you will generally find a couple more to try at a later date.

Personally, just gone back to TM Tour Preferred and enjoying the better feel than the Chrome Softs.

If I had to pay retail price, then a 24 ball mega-sleeve of Srixon Soft Feels for $30 at GCO is the go.

Aussiekev
6th October 2016, 12:42 PM
Intersting I had someone with the exact same name PM on a different forum spruiking these same balls................hmmmm I dont believe in coincidences

markTHEblake
6th October 2016, 01:11 PM
Hi there, I'm always wondering how to pick golf balls, how do you know which of golf balls were fit to your swing? There's so many brand out there, which brand did you use before? The major difference with golf balls are spin and distance. If you want more of one you have to sacrifice the other. Most major golf ball companies have a guide on their website which ball suits your game the best. Try one out Balls in the same category as Q Star are a very good ball that's somewhere in the middle ground for spin and distance. If you are neither a rank chopper nor Adam Scott it's probably a very good fit for you

Daves
6th October 2016, 01:19 PM
Intersting I had someone with the exact same name PM on a different forum spruiking these same balls................hmmmm I dont believe in coincidences

Bingo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

markTHEblake
6th October 2016, 08:31 PM

Awesome, I'll drop in tomorrow and buy some.

2/36 commercial drive, Ashmore, QLD 4214

markTHEblake
7th October 2016, 08:38 PM
: FORTE GOLF PTY LTD 2/36 Commercial Dr, Ashmore, QLD 4214
ACN: ACN 613735541
www.fortegolf.com.au

Surprise Surprise, Empty industrial unit, no names/signs, no indication of life.

Toxic
7th October 2016, 08:45 PM
: FORTE GOLF PTY LTD 2/36 Commercial Dr, Ashmore, QLD 4214ACN: ACN 613735541www.fortegolf.com.au Surprise Surprise, Empty industrial unit, no names/signs, no indication of life. Dodgy bastards

Steve57
7th October 2016, 09:18 PM
: FORTE GOLF PTY LTD 2/36 Commercial Dr, Ashmore, QLD 4214
ACN: ACN 613735541
www.fortegolf.com.au

Surprise Surprise, Empty industrial unit, no names/signs, no indication of life.
Detective Blake on the case!

markTHEblake
7th October 2016, 09:51 PM
Not really, i just wanted to buy some, and save the postage cost
It was a 200m detour from my normal friday afternoon drive

aussieashley
7th October 2016, 10:08 PM
So if you bought balls on their website would they actually arrive?

Steve57
7th October 2016, 10:39 PM
Not really, i just wanted to buy some, and save the postage cost
It was a 200m detour from my normal friday afternoon drive
From what Boz says on the other site, there are a couple of new players in the ball market that have bought old Foremost stock.
This guy is probably one of those.