PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Wanted (Sunshine Coast): Boy's set for 12yo

BenM
2nd October 2016, 08:37 PM
Hello!

My nephew has apparently been to the driving range and got the golfing bug. He's 12 years old and 145cm tall.

My sister who knows nothing about golf is trying to pick through all the old kit on Gumtree and work out a cheap set for him. But there is a lot of rubbish there....

Does anyone have something in the shed that'd be suitable? Haven't really asked about budget, I'm guessing not big dollars because he's only just starting out and we all know what kids are like - but I thought I'd throw it out to OzGolf and see if someone can help :)

Ferrins
2nd October 2016, 09:44 PM
I have a set of cobra's that ould be cut down if needed. Got metal woods as well.

Ferrins
2nd October 2016, 09:48 PM
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/643494-cutting-down-an-old-set-or-irons-to-get-the-kids-started/

This kinda puts you off the idea though.

BenM
3rd October 2016, 03:51 PM
I reckon they'll be cutting down clubs no matter what they do... how much do you want for the Cobras Ferrins, what sort are they?

Just trying to get him something half decent. One of the sets she showed me last night had wooden woods....

markTHEblake
3rd October 2016, 04:13 PM
Get him involved in a local golf clubs junior program. There should be a coach there that will know what is the right kind of clubs he can use.
There will also be a truckload of kids growing out of clubs ready to hand them on.

Too often kids are given stupidly wrong clubs which makes the game too hard. Simple cut downs are just wrong also.

BenM
3rd October 2016, 04:51 PM
Any suggestions for a good club up that way Blakey? I don't know what's about up there at all.... they live Rosemount way.

markTHEblake
3rd October 2016, 05:00 PM
join the closest golf club, he is 12yo. let him choose where to join when he can drive himself there

AndyP
3rd October 2016, 05:00 PM
Any suggestions for a good club up that way Blakey? I don't know what's about up there at all.... they live Rosemount way.
Nambour or Maroochy golf clubs are the closest. Nambour seemed to look after their juniors when I used to play there.

BenM
3rd October 2016, 07:41 PM
No worries. Thanks fellas, I'll make that suggestion as well.

Ferrins
5th October 2016, 11:23 AM
I reckon they'll be cutting down clubs no matter what they do... how much do you want for the Cobras Ferrins, what sort are they?

Just trying to get him something half decent. One of the sets she showed me last night had wooden woods....

They are
Ram irons 3-p Apollo reg steel shafts
Silver Scott 3&4 hybrid reg Apllo graphite
Palmer 3 & 5 wood teg

They're free